• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Ha... so it turns out that my clubsport pedals weren't faulty, it's just that that vibration is shit. :lol

(and no, sadly I'm not back to playing, I was just showing my brother my setup)

Ziploc

Neo Member
Does gaf have any Forza championships I don't know about?

Or any fun tune events? Like Musclecar rallys? Vintage circuit racing?

skyfinch

Jube3 said:
Hmm yea think. You know what though, after i finish my work Ill just post my tune settings here for the silvia along with the parts you need to buy. Its not that hard. Tuners in Forza helped me with it through my justin.tv stream a while back. Its a great drift to learn to drift. Im not a pro or anything close lol but I got the achievement with the car.

That would be great, thanks.
Just this drifting achievement and about 20 hours more of career mode before I officially complete the game. It's been one hell of a ride so far.

Psychotext said:
Not a lot more to say really. There's very little vibration provided by the motor on the pedal... it needs to be significantly meatier.

Is it dynamic feedback by the game or just a rumble when a certain sensor threshold is reached?

PjotrStroganov said:
Is it dynamic feedback by the game or just a rumble when a certain sensor threshold is reached?
In Forza it seems to be triggered by locking up, rather than just hitting a certain threshold. You can set it for specific sensor thresholds though.

I could be wrong on that though, I didn't exactly spend a lot of time with it beyond finding out it actually worked.

I just finished the 5th season and am one race into the 6th (R2 World Championship).

I haven't played online yet, but I love Forza as a single player experience. I am getting into a groove with accelerating and braking using the analog triggers. The higher tier cars give me less issues than before and I rarely (if ever) use rewind.

I only hope the next DLC pack includes a new track or two. I've logged 17 hours on the track and some of the circuits are feeling a little stale. Not too much, mind you. Just enough to make me worry about hours 30+.

Regardless, love it. A snapshot from my last season (placed 2nd overall in the R3 Championship):

4285624847_f8daee313e.jpg

Jube3

Currently have 320 out of the 400 cars :D Just gonna start knocking out the race cars and ferraris and I will have caught them all :D Oh and the last unicorn car the Rx-7.

blanky

cjelly said:
Lap 1: 87,000 pts.
Lap 2: 90,000 pts.

smh. :(

You tried using the HKS Time Attack Evo yet? I wasn't getting it either, but i tried that one and it came out fine in the 2nd lap. Trick with this one is staying in 2nd or 3rd gear then tap the handbrake long enough to get the back out and then full throttle to keep it balanced. Once you get used to it it's pretty easy actually, with this setup.

Jube3

h3ro said:
I finished two consecutive laps at 96,000. That was like three weeks ago. Haven't tried since. Screw drifting.

Whats your GT h3ro i think I added you. I have a car to send you that may help.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
cjelly said:
I just tried 3 drift laps on Fujimi Kaido for the first time in aaaages...

Lap 1: 80,000 points
Lap 2: 87,000 points
Lap 3: 80,000 points - I was sick of drifting about half-way through, so not a bad score.

I quit and then realised I was doing it in the Top Secret S15? What the fuck? How do I select my own car again, I forgot? I went in to Leaderboards > Time Trial > Fujimi Kaido.

select Leaderboards > circuit

"time trail" sets you up with specific cars for each track. confusing system

FunnyBunny said:
I haven't played online yet, but I love Forza as a single player experience. I am getting into a groove with accelerating and braking using the analog triggers. The higher tier cars give me less issues than before and I rarely (if ever) use rewind.

yeah, i find it rather funny that at the start of the game you get really crummy cars and have to work your way up to cars that actually have good handling. in many ways it DOES make the game easier the further you get

(though i do understand the flipside -- of giving beginners too fast a car for them to handle)

is there a peak time to play this game online?

seems that everytime i check, there is under 1,000 players on at any one time, and some lobbies with a sad 20 people.

i was told that the online community is what sets this game apart from the race pro's and shift's of the world, but im not seeing it.

did this game just not sell?

KittonGotWet said:

seems that everytime i check, there is under 1,000 players on at any one time, and some lobbies with a sad 20 people.

i was told that the online community is what sets this game apart from the race pro's and shift's of the world, but im not seeing it.

did this game just not sell?

"Online community" includes the auction house, storefronts, tuning, vinyls, etc, not just multiplayer races.

Jube3

h3ro said:
It's munkeyhero. Yeah, we're on each others friends list. :D

Sent you a 93 Silvia, Its a beginner drift tune stay in 2nd/3rd and you should be good to go. ABS on TCS off, manual shifting. The paint is simple and its unlocked so if you hate it just delete it :D

h3ro

Jube3 said:
Sent you a 93 Silvia, Its a beginner drift tune stay in 2nd/3rd and you should be good to go. ABS on TCS off, manual shifting. The paint is simple and its unlocked so if you hate it just delete it :D

<3

SuperEnemyCrab said:
"Online community" includes the auction house, storefronts, tuning, vinyls, etc, not just multiplayer races.

ahhh so no one is playing this... got it.

EDIT: just did some research, apparently this one didn't sell too well. 175k first month and never charted again.

coming from the publisher, thats likely "sold to retailers" considering at that time the WW leaderboards were at a meager 720k.

also, that would be a worldwide number as well, if im not mistaken.

i just expected more out of the online portion, didnt expect to be seeing 12 people in a lobby.

rjcc

KittonGotWet said:
coming from the publisher, thats likely "sold to retailers" considering at that time the WW leaderboards were at a meager 720k.

i just expected more out of the online portion, didnt expect to be seeing 12 people in a lobby.

you really don't think there's a third of people worldwide not playing on xbox live?

wait *looks at post history*

ohhhhh

lord pie

KittonGotWet said:

Roughly 75% of the 360's out there are connected to the web, so 720k is pretty good.

And yes, it is a shame that the single player is so good that the multiplayer isn't so popular.

Jube3

lord pie said:
Roughly 50% of the 360's out there are connected to the web, so 720k is pretty good.

And yes, it is a shame that the single player is so good that the multiplayer isn't so popular.

Yea the circuit leaderboards are currently at 1.36 million.

Gonna have a racing room going today again if anyones up for some racing let me know. Im online atm.

KittonGotWet said:

With those 1000 people, are you not finding a race or something? What are you looking for in a 'peak' time, exactly?

rjcc said:
you really don't think there's a third of people worldwide not playing on xbox live?

Those who rush out to buy a game in its first month, are on most assuredly on xbox live.

I guess i should have known how the online population was going to be, by the activity in this thread, where 3 members seem to be the only ones keeping this alive, with some even begging for the liveries and photos to be posted here in an attempt to keep it bumped.

My own fault i suppose. I just expected a sequel to a game which "sold" 3+ million to have a larger online segment.

...as expected, those numbers for part 2 were propped up by heavy bundling.

KittonGotWet said:
Those who rush out to buy a game in its first month, are on most assuredly on xbox live.

I guess i should have known how the online population was going to be, by the activity in this thread, where 3 members seem to be the only ones keeping this alive, with some even begging for the liveries and photos to be posted here in an attempt to keep it bumped.

My own fault i suppose. I just expected a sequel to a game which "sold" 3+ million to have a larger online segment.

You're just being purposely negative. It's a great game with plenty of community activity. Again, are you not able to find a race or something? Maybe someone here can help you if that's the case.

KittonGotWet said:

You kind of sound like you want to hate the game for some reason that I can't define. I have had the game since launch and haven't gone online once with it (for online racing). Not because it's not good or I've read anything or w/e ... but I love racing in the SP game right now and want to hit Driver Level 50.

Why are you focusing on the ONLY parts of the game that haven't picked up completely yet? A lot of people spend hours in the editor or tuner as shown by the multitude of things on the Storefronts.

I usually have 1 or 2 of my RL friends playing the game at any one time (which dropped when a lot of other games came out, can't blame them) but it seems you just want to focus on the negativity of the game and looking into your post history just tells me you're a trolling new member trying to make the newbies look bad.

I was lurking in this thread for weeks before I got approved and Jube and m0dus are amazing designers that I've bought/got most of their cars ... a lot of people just aren't good at it and they are some on GAF that actually are so why is that a problem to have the thread bumped by the few that love the game?

KittonGotWet said:

And does it result in you not being able to play against other players?

KittonGotWet said:

Wait, I've heard of people like you on the internet before! You're "trolling" right? Did I use that term correctly?

it takes forever to be placed into a room and most times it ends up with me being thrown into a room alone.

if the game was more successful, it would match faster, like MW2.

KittonGotWet said:
it takes forever to be placed into a room and most times it ends up with me being thrown into a room alone.

That shouldn't be happening. I'v been able to get into races faster than Forza 2 (probably due to the hopper system). A while back there was some talk of issues with matchmaking and NAT settings being very touchy/strict. I don't know if that was resolved or if it's still a potentional issue.

Jube3

If anyone is interested and wants to play with it, I uploaded the Ironman vinyl to my storefront (ayo jube) search ironman under vinyls. Its 600 layers so you have 400 to mess with a layout.

ironman.jpg

Yoritomo

This game is sort of frustrating. Not for what it lacks but for it's ability to take up so much of my time. I can spend hours tuning, then racing, then designing stuff based solely on what I've purchased on the storefront.

Add in single player and multiplayer and I don't have time for any other games. So I either have to let my backlog build up or not play forza. Every night I literally have to force myself to not play forza just so I can play through the games I have from Gamefly. :lol

Magni

donotfeedthetroll.gif

I must admit I haven't played online yet, despite having put in 50 hours in this games so far. Still need to finish career and start building cars (I must have spent 10K on parts so far :lol ).

junior troll's FULL post history said:
New God of War 3 Screens
Views: 227,756
Posted By KittonGotWet
what?, im a young, budding game designer and i'm...

what?, im a young, budding game designer and i'm getting extrememly excited about the potential of my game being absolutely amazing looking.
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 08:57 PM
Replies: 2,080
New God of War 3 Screens
Views: 227,756
Posted By KittonGotWet
wow! chalk up another one for the PS3. they own...

wow! chalk up another one for the PS3. they own the top 7 "best graphics" spots...what i wouldnt give to be able to work on that masterful machine.
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 08:47 PM
Replies: 6,146
The Definitive Forza Motorsport 3 Thread
Views: 447,075
Posted By KittonGotWet
it takes forever to be placed into a room and...

Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 08:30 PM
Posted By KittonGotWet
Those who rush out to buy a game in its first...

I guess i should have known how the online population was going to be, by the activity in this thread, where...
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 08:04 PM
Posted By KittonGotWet
coming from the publisher, thats likely...

i...
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 07:58 PM
Replies: 339
The Official MAG Thread of 256-Player Battles, Lots of Teamwork, Not So Much Auto-Aim
Views: 10,363
Posted By KittonGotWet
does anyone have a screen cap of this latest...

does anyone have a screen cap of this latest build?

interested to see how the graphics have improved if at all since the november gamestop beta.

looked pretty rough then, hoping they tightened it...
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 07:53 PM
Replies: 408
GT5 News (Tokyo Auto Salon) - New trailer
Views: 38,270
Posted By KittonGotWet
WOW! this is some amazing tech here. Polyphony...

WOW! this is some amazing tech here.

Polyphony truly are industry pioneers. people will be following them for years to come.
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 07:44 PM
Posted By KittonGotWet
ahhh so no one is playing this... got...

ahhh so no one is playing this... got it.

EDIT: just did some research, apparently this one didn't sell too well. 175k first month and never charted again.
Forum: Gaming Discussion Today, 07:03 PM
Posted By KittonGotWet
is there a peak time to play this game online? ...

i was told that the online...

How old are you? 8? You know you need to be *at least* 13 to post here, right?

Chrange

Banned
KittonGotWet said:

You should try this thread instead.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I finally decided to take the plunge (well, technically, I didn't, I won the game). Are there any good tuts you guys recommend for designing awesome vinyls?

phil_t

Banned
neorej said:
I finally decided to take the plunge (well, technically, I didn't, I won the game). Are there any good tuts you guys recommend for designing awesome vinyls?

Some good youtube videos! just do a search over there..

Also there is a method using a video capture card to overlay the graphic you are trying to achieve over the FM3 Vinyl Editor to get proportions etc correct.. I was thinking of doing this for some complex logo's I was going to do (Cheap capture cards are under $/£30)

man, I gotta say that the new RWD hopper has been the greatest online racing i have seen in this game since launch. A class and S class races have all been extremely competitive, good clean racing, a distinct lack of idiots, and best of all no fucking S5's taking up half the rooms. I am having a great time in there, despite it not being as busy as the regular circuit hopper.

This alone has really pulled me back in. I am going through and re-tuning all my cars for a RWD setup...with mixed success so far.

Jube3

AlanzTalon said:
man, I gotta say that the new RWD hopper has been the greatest online racing i have seen in this game since launch. A class and S class rqaaces have all been extremely competitive, good clean racing, a distinct lack of idiots, and best of all no fucking S5's taking up half the rooms.

This alone has really pulled me back in. I am going through and re-tuning all my cars for a RWD setup...with mixed success so far.

What cars have you been running, I've been using the Lotus 2-11 and its really fun to drive cause I can take risks with it here and there. Looking to get my supra going as well. I love my shelby coupe but I cant keep it straight to save my life. Not to mention one tap from a bigger car and I go flying halfway across the map haha.

H3ro did that car I sent help at all? I have a another drift tune I can send but its higher HP.

Top Bottom