• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

I have had 3 races and in the lobby atm, so far no dominant cars and all 3 races have been within a few seconds per car even though I spun out on road America due to a lag freeze :S

Good so far, will keep playing.

So much more fun now, someone in the race just now lost his rear end right in front of me while taking a corner on Sadona full, shit like that never happens with S5's :lol

I like knowing everyone else has to throttle manage now coming out of corners, even with TCS you can still slip.

Also the car's which I tuned for A600 need a few tweaks now that I seen and felt their power in a competitive bunch of races instead of against bots and solo tuning.

chespace said:
New RWD-only multiplayer matchmaking lobbies are live.

Go check them out. :D
Che are you able to confirm if we are getting leaderboard filters also? someone on the FM.net forums said they briefly appeared then went, I guess you are still testing them or something.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Diablohead said:
Che are you able to confirm if we are getting leaderboard filters also? someone on the FM.net forums said they briefly appeared then went, I guess you are still testing them or something.

Can't confirm that they will happen. We've done a lot of work on them but with hundreds of millions of score entries, optimizing the use of filters on the web is a challenge. We'll see.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
can someone recommend some good tuners with a wide variety of cars/classes?

h3ro

op_ivy said:
can someone recommend some good tuners with a wide variety of cars/classes?

I usually pickup anything done by Gearbox and S&R. Both garage's tuning style really fits my driving and they make some of the best liveries on the Storefront.

Kabouter

Jube3 said:
Lets get a give away going! I did this on the F3 forums and it was a lot of fun :D

http://2daystilsunday.com/links/forza-lotus.jpg[IMG]

Aight first car im giving away is the [B]Lotus 2-eleven.[/B]
First person to quote me and answer this bit of trivia correctly wins! I will send it to you on tuesday when the DLC hits.

[B]"What car is the lotus 2-eleven based off of?[/B][/QUOTE]
So where's my free car? :P
(Gamertag is in profile)

Jube3

Pitpass went up, forgot to post it here.
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...5/forza-motorsport-3-week-in-review-1-15.aspx

original.aspx

New contest in the awesome Audi LMS
Week 3 - AutoWeek DLC Time Trial Challenge

What: Official Turn 10 Featured Time Trial Challenge

When: Now until Friday January 22nd at 12:00PM PST

Where: Time Trials in Forza Motorsport 3.

Track and Car: Sebring International Club Circuit - 2009 Audi R8 LMS Show Car

How: Navigate to the “Leaderboards” menu and scroll down to “Time Trial”. Scroll down to Auto Week DLC Challenge and “Press A to Start Race” at the top of the leaderboard. Set your best possible lap

• Hyundai Genesis Coupe Everything: The community competition series with our sponsor Hyundai continues in January. Over the holiday break we kicked off the submission window for the video contest and have since closed submissions as of today. The folks at Hyundai are currently reviewing all the videos you guys have sent in to determine the lucky auteur who will drive away with a real-life 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Meanwhile, registration for the Hyundai Forza Motorsport 3 Championship opened last week. Be sure to get yourself signed up so you can dominate the Genesis Coupe’s custom hotlap time trial, the first of which begins on January 22nd. And finally, we will be announcing the winners from our Hyundai Photo contest next week – if you recall, winners will reap awesome cameras and other goodies. Good for Forza players, bad for Turn 10 employees who are not eligible to enter.

• Time Trial Scoreboards: Speaking of time trials, there have been a number of changes to this area in Forza 3 and I’m pretty excited about our plan in the near future. First of all, do you even know what I’m talking about? If your response is, “Huh? Time trials?” then let me direct you to a new feature in the game you may not even have known existed. In the scoreboard section of Forza 3, you’ll find scoreboards for all of our different race modes in the game, be it circuit, drift, drag, point-to-point, etc. Somewhere in the lower third of the list you’ll see the category Time Trial; clicking into the section will present you with a bunch of scoreboards for different tracks, as well as our custom time trial scoreboards. Once you’re looking at a Time Trial scoreboard, you may click A to hotlap against a particular scoreboard. Now, as many of you are aware, we had a bug where some players could load a tune for these Time Trial scoreboards, thereby making their cars faster than the allowed stock class/PI. Now obviously, this was a bummer so we quickly release a patch (you should have gotten this title-update sometime on Christmas week). Now that the Time Trials scoreboards are free from this exploit, we'll be using it to host all of our official community events and competitions. Landin has the details on what’s happening for this week, but going forward, we’ll be doing a lots of weekly contests in this area, with even more in prizing and in-game credits. Next week, I’ll be working with a bunch of folks to determine which Time Trial boards we partially wipe, and by how much. Stay tuned.

Also a photostitching contest: Chrange and rocksteady get in on this sirs!
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3497604.aspx

Video tutorial on photostitching -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9A4STDa-Q

Kabouter said:
So where's my free car? :p
(Gamertag is in profile)

Sorry I gave out too many cars and forgot some. Ill send it to you asap to Retuobak

Jube, did you ever make those wallpapers? Didn't know if maybe I missed them.

When I went to go make them the links were dead :( Ill check again now but if they're dead send them over and Ill make them and get them posted in the op and stuff :D

RWD races are good! Not only are cars much closer together (that might change of course;)), participants seem to be higher on the evolutionary ladder. People make an active choice to race in RWD races and it shows.

Arucardo

PjotrStroganov said:
RWD races are good! Not only are cars much closer together (that might change of course;)), participants seem to be higher on the evolutionary ladder. People make an active choice to race in RWD races and it shows.
Great, that's exactly what I was hoping for in the RWD races :D now I really gotta get my game back from a friend :lol .

Jube3

Was bored and made a wallpaper for that stitch contest based on the Autoweek DLC Car show pack. I dunno if Ill have to submit the unedited stitch so figure I post it here as well. Love stitching. Ill add the rocksteady wallpapers to the OP hopefully today he has an awesome orange muscle car wallpaper that looks so good.

forza3wallpapercontestpreview.jpg

Sizes -
1920x1200
1920x1080
1680x1050
1494x900

I may have to pimp my row of BHP red/silver cars for a wallpaper :p would need some people so I could line up all my cars in a row though.

I spent like 5 hours in total exporting video clips from F3, it's so slow and doesn't help that my upload limit is rather poor and unable to make it better, something like half a meg up and 30 meg down wtf :lol but it's from clips of my actions last night in the RWD hopper to celebrate it's success :D

After that i'll get back to racing.

*edit* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HOhOWb0AJI

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Done some more Event List again today (edging towards 40%!!!), and took some photos of stuff.

I wish Turn10 would let us have more than 18 photos uploaded. Either that, or decrease the compression... :D :D :D

4279028227_1faf7cafe3_o.jpg

4279772632_89b6f39be6_o.jpg

4279772524_65bf983751_o.jpg

4279028563_03faf3717d_o.jpg

4279028467_ed1291b58d_o.jpg

4279028359_375fbd9917_o.jpg

4279772152_3c7e5ef416_o.jpg

You ladies need to get into the RWD hoppers, much more level races when the game sticks to one terrain type instead of mixed up.

Annoyingly I had someone just now spin me out at the end, he was a 26 rank like myself so I vote to kick him and everyone says no :/ so I just left the lobby.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Diablohead said:
You ladies need to get into the RWD hoppers, much more level races when the game sticks to one terrain type instead of mixed up.

Annoyingly I had someone just now spin me out at the end, he was a 26 rank like myself so I vote to kick him and everyone says no :/ so I just left the lobby.
I don't race online very much any more, to be honest.

I've decided I'd rather spend my time in-game working on the Event List rather than getting annoyed by people constantly spinning me out all the time!

Lovely Viper shot cjelly ;)

Got the RRoD while taking the Zonda R for a test drive a few days ago. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon, I need my Forza fix ;_;

fernoca

Just went on a m0dus buying frenzy.. :lol
Got: Halo Reach (free), Dragon Age, Crackdown, Chun-Li, Mass Effect 2 and Jet Set Radio...you have some really great talent dude.

And the Up car, didn't know was from Jube3..really pretty, what's you name in Forza?

EDIT:
Nevermind, the name's right below the design/info.. :p

Jube3

fernoca said:
Just went on a m0dus buying frenzy.. :lol
Got: Halo Reach (free), Dragon Age, Crackdown, Chun-Li, Mass Effect 2 and Jet Set Radio...you have some really great talent dude.

And the Up car, didn't know was from Jube3..really pretty, what's you name in Forza?

EDIT:
Nevermind, the name's right below the design/info.. :p

The Up cars free, the only cars not free on my storefront atm are the jet set radio gum (10k) ironman (10k), warmachine (30k) and beatles (1k). All the other ones are free I believe (green lantern, cap america, chu chus rocket, steampunk, sam and max xmas, and wolverine).

Jube3

Forgot to post this

Holden time attack results?
TOP 10 - 500,000
V12 BackONE AbS
F4H Nikrox
PpR 3Wide
GSR ALFRED73
V12 D4RK SP33D
F4H Fullspe3D
V12 SGATTO
WWR Chillz
PLOW Champion
RSI RoTaX STiG

Did anyone here win anything, I won 150,000 from the random 500 :D The trial for the Audi R8 LMS is up too. I could only do as good as 1:06 so far.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jube3 said:
Forgot to post this

Holden time attack results?
TOP 10 - 500,000
V12 BackONE AbS
F4H Nikrox
PpR 3Wide
GSR ALFRED73
V12 D4RK SP33D
F4H Fullspe3D
V12 SGATTO
WWR Chillz
PLOW Champion
RSI RoTaX STiG

Did anyone here win anything, I won 150,000 from the random 500 :D The trial for the Audi R8 LMS is up too. I could only do as good as 1:06 so far.
I got 150,000 in my inbox, but I assumed it was because I bought the AutoWeek DLC.

Jube3

cjelly said:
I got 150,000 in my inbox, but I assumed it was because I bought the AutoWeek DLC.

I just checked the list and you are on it twice (for holden and the first one):D The DLC 150k isnt in place yet I believe thats for a title update or a possibility in a title update.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jube3 said:
I just checked the list and you are on it twice (for holden and the first one):D The DLC 150k isnt in place yet I believe thats for a title update or a possibility in a title update.
Oh, shit, nice. Yeah, I have got 2 lots of 150,000 so I guess that must be it.

I get nowhere near the top of the leaderboards in the weekly challenges, but I still love having a go at them.

Jube3

cjelly said:
Oh, shit, nice. Yeah, I have got 2 lots of 150,000 so I guess that must be it.

I get nowhere near the top of the leaderboards in the weekly challenges, but I still love having a go at them.

No idea how these guys get so fast lol in the Holden challenge I got beat by 15 seconds :lol

Robin

Finally got to 1000G yesterday :D Really wish I hadn't left all the E and F class races till the end :lol

Now I'm going to get onto the time trials and online but I'm kind of intimidated by that :/ The thought of screwing up someone elses race accidentally would bring me too much guilt!

enewtabie

:lol Only have the drift,season 6 and level 45/50 achievements left to go. This game is sooo addictive. I just can't seem to work on stuff or play other games right now. Also add a bugeye Subaru to the car pack and I'll pay up to 2000 ms points.:D :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i broke the pedal cable on my MS wheel :(

it looks like a standard phone cord, and thats what i'm using now, but with that the game has lost the analogue nature of the brake pedal, its now 100% pressure or nothing. thankfully the game is playable with abs on (and thank god the same issue isnt with the gas pedal!), but now that i've grown accustomed to abs off, its hard to go back.

another issue, which i'm not sure if it affects actual gameplay, is that when idling, the phone cable is always applying some gas and some brake. using telemtery, it seems that when the accelerator is pressed the brake is not applied, and vice versa, but i imagine it has to be affecting my racing when i'm coasting....

any suggestions for how i can get a replacement?

painey

honestly I used to HATE the rubber band AI in gran turismo.. and then I played forza 2 + 3 where I spend the entire time ahead of the pack, or way behind.. and I miss it. badly.

skyfinch

enewtabie said:
:lol Only have the drift,season 6 and level 45/50 achievements left to go. This game is sooo addictive. I just can't seem to work on stuff or play other games right now. Also add a bugeye Subaru to the car pack and I'll pay up to 2000 ms points.:D :lol

90 hours in and I'm still trying to get that damn drift achievement. I've used all the advice posted in this thread and still can't get over 60k. I was pretty good at drifting in PGR3 and 4, but suck big time in F3.

4279028359_375fbd9917_o.jpg

Love this photo, by the way. Makes me wish that F3 had working headlights.

Magni

skyfinch said:
90 hours in and I'm still trying to get that damn drift achievement. I've used all the advice posted in this thread and still can't get over 60k. I was pretty good at drifting in PGR3 and 4, but suck big time in F3.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/4279028359_375fbd9917_o.jpg[IMG]
Love this photo, by the way. Makes me wish that F3 had working headlights.[/QUOTE]

Have you been trying for 90 hours? :lol I gave it go 24 hours in and got it on my second lap with the Holiday GTR, on the standard Fujimi Kaido.

Don't forget to turn off ABS/TCS/STM. Rewind a lot, try to get at least 1,500 pts/drift. Don't worry if you don't get it on the first lap, I only found my groove midway through it and then drifted my way through the second to the achievement.

Patience is your friend =)

Jube3

MagniHarvald said:
Have you been trying for 90 hours? :lol I gave it go 24 hours in and got it on my second lap with the Holiday GTR, on the standard Fujimi Kaido.

Don't forget to turn off ABS/TCS/STM. Rewind a lot, try to get at least 1,500 pts/drift. Don't worry if you don't get it on the first lap, I only found my groove midway through it and then drifted my way through the second to the achievement.

Patience is your friend =)

Leave ABS on but turn the TCS/STM off. I have a silvia 13 that is perfect for starting out drifting. Manageable horsepower and great mobility for starting out. I also have some higher horse power drift set ups. If you want skyfinch I can send you some so you can try them out. Like Magni said shoot for 1500 points on each turn fuji full and you should be good to go.

daw840

Man, I got the MS wheel and now this game is sooooo hard. I am just really used to racing with the controller and now I just go flying into the walls. LOL.

I have played at least 30 hours of this game with the controller and have NEVER flipped a car, but the first time I play with the wheel I instantly wreck hard and flip it onto the roof. :lol :lol

Jube3

daw840 said:
Man, I got the MS wheel and now this game is sooooo hard. I am just really used to racing with the controller and now I just go flying into the walls. LOL.

I have played at least 30 hours of this game with the controller and have NEVER flipped a car, but the first time I play with the wheel I instantly wreck hard and flip it onto the roof. :lol :lol

Yea its relearning it all over again but its worth it. So fun. Its like going from a controller to an arcade stick.

skyfinch

Jube3 said:
Leave ABS on but turn the TCS/STM off. I have a silvia 13 that is perfect for starting out drifting. Manageable horsepower and great mobility for starting out. I also have some higher horse power drift set ups. If you want skyfinch I can send you some so you can try them out. Like Magni said shoot for 1500 points on each turn fuji full and you should be good to go.

Thanks, that would be great. Do I need a gold membership though?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I just tried 3 drift laps on Fujimi Kaido for the first time in aaaages...

Lap 1: 80,000 points
Lap 2: 87,000 points
Lap 3: 80,000 points - I was sick of drifting about half-way through, so not a bad score.

I quit and then realised I was doing it in the Top Secret S15? What the fuck? How do I select my own car again, I forgot? I went in to Leaderboards > Time Trial > Fujimi Kaido.

Jube3

skyfinch said:
Thanks, that would be great. Do I need a gold membership though?

Hmm yea think. You know what though, after i finish my work Ill just post my tune settings here for the silvia along with the parts you need to buy. Its not that hard. Tuners in Forza helped me with it through my justin.tv stream a while back. Its a great drift to learn to drift. Im not a pro or anything close lol but I got the achievement with the car.

Ziploc

Neo Member
cjelly said:
I just tried 3 drift laps on Fujimi Kaido for the first time in aaaages...

Lap 1: 80,000 points
Lap 2: 87,000 points
Lap 3: 80,000 points - I was sick of drifting about half-way through, so not a bad score.

I quit and then realised I was doing it in the Top Secret S15? What the fuck? How do I select my own car again, I forgot? I went in to Leaderboards > Time Trial > Fujimi Kaido.

Go hot lap from the main menu or test drive from your garage.

Top Bottom