• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

daw840

Caspel said:
all you have to do is "retweet" the status and you are entered. Winners are selected at random.

I would do this, but I have sworn a solemn oath to never have a twitter account. FIGHT THE MAN!

ShapeGSX

Santa brought me an Xlerator Racing Stand for Christmas. Unfortunately, it was really bulky, and I wasn't sure where we could store the thing. So it got sent back to the workshop. To the workshop's credit, they gave us absolutely no issue with the return.

Instead, we ordered a Fanatec Rennsport Wheelstand, plus the XBox 360 racing wheel adapter.

It took about a week and a half to arrive.

When you get the box, you wonder how they can fit a whole wheelstand in such a tiny box. Then you lift its 25 lbs, and realize that you are in for a bit of assembly.

The instructions have no text, only pictures, and it was pretty straight forward to assemble.

There are 2 circlips, a knob, and 4 bolts. The rubber feet on the stand are thick and heavy and will not budge. All tools are included.

There were no instructions with the 2 metal pieces that are meant to attach to the 360's base to the wheelstand. It took a little figuring to understand how it went together. Let me just give a tip that the holes are chamfered on the correct side of the mounting plate. If you don't think they are, you are putting the piece on the wrong side! :)

With the wheel securely mounted, I just had to figure out how to secure the pedals. I decided to zip tie the pedals to the base and use the stops at the end of the base to keep them from moving. This way, when I fold it up for storage, I can slide the pedals down so that the wheel doesn't hit them. I wound the cable from the pedals to the wheel around the wheelstand pole, with a little slack to ensure that it could be folded up without stress.

This stand is HEAVY once assembled, and it is extremely sturdy. I was a little put off by the lack of lock washers, but they use such heavy duty, big hex cap bolts that there is no way they are loosening up.

The side battery compartment of the 360's wheel is perfect storage for the hex wrench used to adjust the height of the stand. And I may tape the bigger one to the inside wall of the pedal rest.

Now for the fun part. Racing with this wheel stand is amazing! The racing wheel is already a ton of fun, but once it is securely and sturdily mounted to this stand, Forza 3 really comes to life. No longer am I bracing the wheel with my legs, which means my legs don't ache when I'm done with a race. I actually ended up turning up the force feedback, because now that the wheel isn't pushing down on my legs, I can use the extra force without it moving the wheel base.

This stand has made as much a difference as the wheel itself did in Forza 3. You feel more connected with the cars, and more connected to the road.

This sucker may be expensive, but it is a quality, well made piece that really changes the game.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
daw840 said:
I would do this, but I have sworn a solemn oath to never have a twitter account. FIGHT THE MAN!

Haha okay :) You missed out on my contests on Facebook and our official site.

GT500

Neo Member
Jube3 said:
Yea took this one for ya.
Forza145.jpg
Thanks dude. I like the color. I am downloading it right now after I bought 4000 MS points.

But why does it have the Mustang badge and round fog lights? :lol

2010GT500mine.jpg

It looks better like this :D

daw840

GT500 said:
Thanks dude. I like the color. I am downloading it right now after I bought 4000 MS points.

2010GT500mine.jpg

You have a point. There shouldnt be fog lights in the grill on that one I don't think.

lol there needs to be a "Rice hopper" with the rules:

No weight reduction.
Must use non stock wing, bumpers and skirts (any car without full body changes unallowed to race)
Car must be painted in a bright colour or two tone.
Max sized rims, must be chrome.
Stock tyre grip.
Street exhaust.
Street Turbo(s) (meaning you must have a turbo compatible engine)
Lowest suspension ride height (under 4 inch rule)

Also just for this playlist music playing in race should be muffled when using an outside car camera and drowned out by a repeating "boom tish boom tish" sample.

Hopper only appears on a sunday to stop other hoppers losing players.

Jube3

GT500 said:

My front end isnt stock, forgot about that. I put the Boosh ( i believe) front end on it. Sorry about that.

GT500

Neo Member
Jube3 said:
My front end isnt stock, forgot about that. I put the Boosh ( i believe) front end on it. Sorry about that.
So, the 2010 is customizable. That's even better. Don't worry dude I should have figured it out.

kaskade

Not sure if this has been answered but is VIP going to be available for non LE owners? I couldn't get the game when it came out. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get an LE copy.

fucking shit online, I joined a game and spectated a road america race, leader was in an S5 and basicly drifing each corner yet still winning, we go back to the lobby and I instantly get voted out for being in a BMW M coupe (or because my trueskill was 27, down by 3 points due to refusing to drive AWD broken shit)

Where are the RWD hoppers? this week is nearly over.

Why turn10 do you make it so hard to want to love an awesome yet flawed online/scoreboard racing game.

DarkJC

Even though I've been lost in MW2 lately and I barely used any of the cars in the previous pack, this one is just too good to pass up. MUST HAVE ZONDA R.

Downloading now :D

GT500

Neo Member
ThePeacemaker02 said:
Not sure if this has been answered but is VIP going to be available for non LE owners? I couldn't get the game when it came out. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get an LE copy.
I bought the LCE but it didn't have the VIP membership code or whatever in the copies released in my area. I sent a message to Turn10 in order to inform them and they sent me 'gift car: you have been gifted a missing content', however, It doesn't work. I am still sad about it, but I am happy with Turn10's response.

Jube3

DarkJC said:
Even though I've been lost in MW2 lately and I barely used any of the cars in the previous pack, this one is just too good to pass up. MUST HAVE ZONDA R.

Downloading now :D

Check out the 2-eleven as well you are in for a treat!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Diablohead said:
fucking shit online, I joined a game and spectated a road america race, leader was in an S5 and basicly drifing each corner yet still winning, we go back to the lobby and I instantly get voted out for being in a BMW M coupe (or because my trueskill was 27, down by 3 points due to refusing to drive AWD broken shit)

Why turn10 do you make it so hard to want to love an awesome yet flawed online/scoreboard racing game.
Guess what, the apologists will tell you to play with a party.

KaYotiX

Banned
Need to DL the new car pack, too much on my plate now but i love Forza 3. Damn MW2/Bayonetta/Darksiders and Assasins Creed 2....:lol

Jube3

Me and Gowans were talking about getting the gaf room going again. The nightly rooms we had in forza 2 were beyond epic (joates where are you!). From Joates and Che racing for first to me gowans and garnett crashing into a comfortable 5th lots of fun times were had. P3tran swearing in greek while cutting me off :lol The 25 lap races like mugello full was pretty epic, nothing like a 2 hour race online lol. Let me know if you guys are interested and Ill add you right now and invite you guys tonight.

I guess we could set up some "themes" or something to start off so people can get their tunes worked out like

Rally Di Full - italian exotics only
DLC Race -A class 2-eleven (so you can play without buying) 7 lap mugello short
R3 race - Nurburgring full
E class race - 5 laps Sebring
A Class 7 laps on Twin Motegi -

Then we can round if off with games of tag, virus or cat and mouse.

I guess for this first night we can start off flexible and have assists player choice and as time goes on have assists off.

If you're interested let me know :D

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Caspel said:
I have three extra DLC codes for the Forza Motorsport 3 Hot Holiday Car Pack to giveaway. They are being dished out via my publication's twitter. Http://www.twitter.com/GameZoneOnline

The last time I gave codes away, a few GAF members came away winners.

great news (as i was one of the winners last time -- THANK YOU) and wish me luck

EDIT: Jube, i'd be interested. add me to the list

Jube3 said:
Me and Gowans were talking about getting the gaf room going again. The nightly rooms we had in forza 2 were beyond epic (joates where are you!). From Joates and Che racing for first to me gowans and garnett crashing into a comfortable 5th lots of fun times were had. P3tran swearing in greek while cutting me off :lol The 25 lap races like mugello full was pretty epic, nothing like a 2 hour race online lol. Let me know if you guys are interested and Ill add you right now and invite you guys tonight.

I guess we could set up some "themes" or something to start off so people can get their tunes worked out like

Rally Di Full - italian exotics only
DLC Race -A class 2-eleven (so you can play without buying) 7 lap mugello short
R3 race - Nurburgring full
E class race - 5 laps Sebring
A Class 7 laps on Twin Motegi -

Then we can round if off with games of tag, virus or cat and mouse.

I guess for this first night we can start off flexible and have assists player choice and as time goes on have assists off.

If you're interested let me know :D

Kind of a shame that I have to play a boardgame with my parents right now, otherwise I would've played definitely. Good time to try the new cars! And I'm already in your friends list.

Will maybe be there in an hour or two, you still there then?

daw840

Oh, your talking about doing this right now? Unfortunately I think my boss might have a problem with me hooking my 360 up to my computer monitor here at work. LOL.

fernoca

Sorry for this ..noob question..but..
Is there any link or place out there to see/read tutorials about how to do stuff/paint in the game??

I bought/got this in the storefront a few days ago...

optz52.jpg

35mf9et.jpg

..and I'm still scratching my head about how the fuck did they do this with circles and squares?? :lol

the Kart(2-11) is awesome.

understeers if you try to take it easy around corners. but damn its rewarding when you've gotten used to the way it drives and throw it into a turn at a much higher speed than the other cars but instead of over shooting the corner and crashing, it just sticks and wow you get more confidence and you find the usual braking points to be getting smaller and smaller

Jube3

fernoca said:
Sorry for this ..noob question..but..
Is there any link or place out there to see/read tutorials about how to do stuff/paint in the game??

I bought/got this in the storefront a few days ago...

..and I'm still scratching my head about how the fuck did they do this with circles and squares?? :lol

:D the up car is from here by Pizza luigi and me

I made a video tutorial for homer simpson, its sped up from 17 minutes to 9 minutes but it might help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9GmC1jkv0

ShapeGSX said:
7EST is out for me, unfortunately. I'm usually on around 9 to 9:30EST.

Ill be on then too so ill hit you up.

Ziploc

Neo Member
How come there are promo videos of F3 where the Bugatti HP guage works?

How come the front wheels of the G37 coupe are in the wrong place? But in the Fujimi Kaido video they aren't?

Ziploc said:
How come there are promo videos of F3 where the Bugatti HP guage works?

How come the front wheels of the G37 coupe are in the wrong place? But in the Fujimi Kaido video they aren't?
Aww snap, gotta look into this.

Jube3 said:
:D the up car is from here by Pizza luigi and me

I made a video tutorial for homer simpson, its sped up from 17 minutes to 9 minutes but it might help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9GmC1jkv0

Ill be on then too so ill hit you up.

How many hours from now is 7 est? Love living somewhere totally not where you live :p

The UP car is still amazing btw, a girl came in store last week when it was on the homespace and she asked who made that 'amazing car'. I told her I did, partially with someone else. I got the impression she loved me immediately. Chicks dig our ride :D

Jube3

Pizza Luigi said:
How many hours from now is 7 est? Love living somewhere totally not where you live :p

The UP car is still amazing btw, a girl came in store last week when it was on the homespace and she asked who made that 'amazing car'. I told her I did, partially with someone else. I got the impression she loved me immediately. Chicks dig our ride :D

:lol awesome. 7 est is about 3 hours and 30 minutes from now.

Arucardo

Looks like I need to ask for my Forza 3 back from a friend that I borrowed it to :lol this dlc pack looks good, can't wait to play around with some of these cars. I expect the Lotus to be tons of fun with the MS wheel.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Diablohead said:

RWD hoppers are coming. We're getting the text localized right now.

I'm curious to see if folks will actually use the RWD hoppers.

Jube3

Pizza Luigi said:
Ah, I see, I will be sound asleep by then for it'll be approx. 4am around here then.

Well have fun and maybe we'll race another time ^^

Yea Im trying to find a happy medium since the west coast is 3 hours behind us as well. so it might end up being closer to 9-10 est but ill be online tonight inviting people and stuff.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
skyfinch said:
Che's back with a tan and a week long hangover.

There's a reason god invented vacations. Praise his holiness.

So yeah, DLC is out and I'm just starting to play with some of these cars for the first time myself.

We've got more DLC planned (cars? tracks? who knows!) and we're working with some interesting third parties on partnering up with future DLC too.

Anyway, great to be back.

Top Bottom