• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

Yeah, I tried a couple of laps and ended in the 1:21 too. I haven't watched a replay of one of the Top 10 guys nor downloaded a ghost to see how they get that much time but I suspect that it's in the fast chicanes and esses.

Magni

Well, with TCS off I went under 1:20.9, and then tried with ABS off. I do better on the first lap than on my previous two first laps, and then fail to get a single clean lap while averaging 1:21.5.. Fuck that first chicane - "tourne bordel putain de caisse de bordel de merde, TOURNE!" (wonder how Google translates that :lol ) - and the sun in the second to last turn - "casse-toi putain de fils de pute de soleil de merde, CASSE-TOI!"

Seriously, IRL I'd be wearing sunglasses if there was that much sunlight, it ruins the immersion :lol

I'll try again later this week but I'm done for the weekend.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
4297142235_062c5368c6_o.jpg

4297886340_a169546316_o.jpg

Sushen

How do I use design the I bought from other people's shop? I can't apply it to my cars, or even can't find a way to see the design as it is...

Seanspeed

Banned
When you go the Paint Car option, it'll be under 'My Designs', which is a slightly misleading name if you've been buying other people's work. Make sure you're already in the correct car, select the design you want to apply, and 'load' that file.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
3 shots of my new favorite car and track, the JUN 08 sti (S&R tune on the auctionhouse) on Positano.

4298066818_b24c486ac4_o.jpg

4298066486_fbe9bd67c7_o.jpg

4298066326_baae7aedd9_o.jpg

Pepto

Banned
Che, any chance of getting an option to control the menus/photomode/etc. with a second controller when using the wheel?

Just had an idea, might be rubbish, might be good, personally i think its a good one! What do you think about...

The Forza I Love The Smell of Gasoline / Petrol Accessory. Its a fragrance emitter that plugs into the front of your xbox (usb port) that dispenses the smell of racing! Because when i race, i literally want to smell it! :D

Che, any chance of this for Forza 4? I already checked the Patent Office, and there exists a patent already for a USB electronic fragrance dispenser, so it is possible!

Mad_Ban

Cpt N Algren said:
Just had an idea, might be rubbish, might be good, personally i think its a good one! What do you think about...

The Forza I Love The Smell of Gasoline / Petrol Accessory. Its a fragrance emitter that plugs into the front of your xbox (usb port) that dispenses the smell of racing! Because when i race, i literally want to smell it! :D

Che, any chance of this for Forza 4? I already checked the Patent Office, and there exists a patent already for a USB electronic fragrance dispenser, so it is possible!
So the smell would be a mix of petrol, burnt clutches and Castrol R? :p

Jube3

:D Hit the #1 leaderboard spot in designer for the Ironman Vinyl.

G Rom said:
Nooooooooooooooo !
:lol If you want though I can send you my zonda so you can take pictures/get the achievement.

op_ivy

thanks h3ro.

got in the mid 1:20:XXX's on the TT challenge after 5 or 6 laps... will do more later, but i hate racing these POS slow cars.

now 1:20:201. would have been in the 19's easily, but i blew the last corner :(

h3ro

Jube3 said:
Did that car I sent work out at all?

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, been chipping away at the Event list whenever I have played lately. I checked out the car though, its personalized! Thanks so much, no way I'm changing the paint bud! :D

Also, I'm weak. Picked up the DLC last night... :lol

skyfinch

Here's a tip for anyone working on the career mode. Do as many of the slow races FIRST!

I jumped the gun and did all the R1, R2, R3, etc, first and now am stuck with F, E and D races and they are brutal! Nothing like "crawling" 9 laps of New York in a Yaris. :lol

Mad_Ban said:
So the smell would be a mix of petrol, burnt clutches and Castrol R? :p

Yeah pretty much ! AWESOME ! :D

It could be a step up for the Limited Collectors Edition of Forza 4. Forza 3 had the usb stick, Forza 4 can have the USB Racing Smell Dispenser!

Got the CE for Christmas, finally got around to playing it over the past week properly.

Some wishes for FM4;

No more Speedway events please
Please get rid of the NY track, or at the very least give us a big portion of NYC to race around.

Great game though, a worthy sucessor to FM2. I hope we get a few extra tracks through DLC, would love a bit of city street racing.

Quick question, what exactly does VIP status entitle me to? I know it got me a few cars when I first loaded up the game, but I don't see what else it bestows upon me (the little crown icon aside)

Cpt N Algren said:
Yeah pretty much ! AWESOME ! :D

It could be a step up for the Limited Collectors Edition of Forza 4. Forza 3 had the usb stick, Forza 4 can have the USB Racing Smell Dispenser!

And here is a working example. All Turn 10 need to do is create a "Racing Smell Fragrance" and its all set to go! :D

16c1b2t.jpg

op_ivy

just bought a tune for my delta (B) and my second lap on positano and i beat the JUN sti (B) by 4.5 seconds! :lol

Seanspeed

Banned
Cpt N Algren said:

You could just go buy a gallon of gas, stick it in a bucket, and sit it next to you while you play...

Could I pay someone to create designs, tunes and vinyl groups for me that I could turn around and sell on my Storefront to earn more money?

I would seriously pay someone MS points to design things as long as I could turn around sell them and as long as it doesn't violate ToS and/or FORZA 3 rules/policies.

Jube3

Mizzou Gaming said:
Could I pay someone to create designs, tunes and vinyl groups for me that I could turn around and sell on my Storefront to earn more money?

I would seriously pay someone MS points to design things as long as I could turn around sell them and as long as it doesn't violate ToS and/or FORZA 3 rules/policies.

It is against the TOS since its viewed as real money (space bucks). However on the FM.net boards you can pay people ingame credits for vinyls and stuff. If you can save up like 300k to 1 million you can get some stuff going. Making it back, as long as the design is worth buying, isnt too hard but you will have to promote it.

enewtabie

:D OMG, this game is just driving me insane..I just can't keep playing it. Really, you have to buy this game if you own a Xbox 360. I have Army of Two,Dark Void,Bayonetta,etc sitting on my desk and I can't stop playing Forza 3. Got 815/1000 and I dont think I'm stopping till I get all 1000 points.

I only need one thing in a future car pack(charge whatever you want...seriously)
Listen up Forza 3 guys.

Put this car in the game. My personal ride
1169119379_l.jpg

I like the 08 Sti and the hawkeyes are ok too(07s), But the bugeye is my Suby.
I want to say it was in Forza 2? So it couldn't be that hard to add right? Please:D

Oh and whatever you do don't try to play a game like NFS:shift and Forza 3 back to back. That's all I'm gonna say.

ElNino

enewtabie said:
I like the 08 Sti and the hawkeyes are ok too(07s), But the bugeye is my Suby.
I want to say it was in Forza 2? So it couldn't be that hard to add right? Please:D

Oh and whatever you do don't try to play a game like NFS:shift and Forza 3 back to back. That's all I'm gonna say.
I'm fairly positive that the bugeye version wasn't in Forza 2. I'm a Suby owerner as well ('05 2.5RS) and I think I would have noticed the bugeye. :D

enewtabie

ElNino said:
I'm fairly positive that the bugeye version wasn't in Forza 2. I'm a Suby owerner as well ('05 2.5RS) and I think I would have noticed the bugeye. :D

You know what your right. I think I have PGR/Forza confused.

Hyoushi

So, after the epic top 1000 wipe on Mugello in TT mode, I'm currently sitting at #31 on the overall TT leaderboard o_O

Thought it was just some bug at first, I must have just fallen out of the top 1000 on Mugello before the wipe happened. Oh well, I'll enjoy this while it lasts before the doods ahead of me put down times again.

Will try out the Clio TT now!

I refuse to play the tag game types until they remove them from effecting your rank, I race hard and clean for my trueskill to loose it in a random tag game? no thanks...

Milpool

I really miss not being able to download my friends TT ghosts no matter where they were on the leaderboards like you could in F2. Any reason why the feature was removed, how much space does a ghost take up? I know there are a lot more leaderboard categories now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diablohead said:
I refuse to play the tag game types until they remove them from effecting your rank, I race hard and clean for my trueskill to loose it in a random tag game? no thanks...
Not sure why you're so concerned with your rank.

It seems that the people that *do* care about their rank so bad are the ones that will go into a room full of lower ranked drivers and pull out a leaderboard car(or its RWD equivalent) just so they *know* they'll win.

Besides, once you go back to circuit racing, you're rank will climb back to where it once was if you show up your 'newly' equal-ranked players race in and race out. If you cant do that, then you haven't earned your rank to begin with, ya know?

Dont let some arbitrary ranking in the game stop you from enjoying it to its fullest. Its just a video game, after all.

Seanspeed said:
Not sure why you're so concerned with your rank.

It seems that the people that *do* care about their rank so bad are the ones that will go into a room full of lower ranked drivers and pull out a leaderboard car(or its RWD equivalent) just so they *know* they'll win.

Besides, once you go back to circuit racing, you're rank will climb back to where it once was if you show up your 'newly' equal-ranked players race in and race out. If you cant do that, then you haven't earned your rank to begin with, ya know?

Dont let some arbitrary ranking in the game stop you from enjoying it to its fullest. Its just a video game, after all.
I'm one of those drivers who requested a lot of times for a RWD hopper, never driven the S5/awd viper and take care on corners and overtaking, THAT is why I don't want my trueskill to drop in a demolition derby. I care for my trueskill rank the same way a lot of players care for their level in modern warfare 2, it add's to the experience and gives you a mini goal to work towards and I like it.

You might not care but I do, and I guarantee that I am one of the most clean racers you will meet in forza 3.

Jinjo

I don't really care for rank, but I am pretty much the same. I enjoy selecting a car and tuning to its full potential and then trying it out. It doesn't even have to be a win, but a podium position after the "leaderboard-cars" is so rewarding.

I consider myself a fairly clean racer too. Yesterday a guy overtook me and come across a bit too soon and very suddenly. I even had the edge on him in acceleration, but jumped on the brakes to avoid collision.

It is a shame there are a lot of racers out there who don't look ahead and just ram into the back of you. It's one the most frustrating things. Especially if you are going well and get knocked all the way back. Happens atleast once every night, if not multiple times.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diablohead said:
I'm one of those drivers who requested a lot of times for a RWD hopper, never driven the S5/awd viper and take care on corners and overtaking, THAT is why I don't want my trueskill to drop in a demolition derby. I care for my trueskill rank the same way a lot of players care for their level in modern warfare 2, it add's to the experience and gives you a mini goal to work towards and I like it.

You might not care but I do, and I guarantee that I am one of the most clean racers you will meet in forza 3.
I've actually raced with you before(I drive RWD 100% of the time), and I'm definitely not accusing you of being a dirty racer.

I'm just saying its a little unhealthy to care so much about your rank that its stopping you from enjoying other parts of the game.

And again, your rank *will* go back up to what it used to be if you go back to circuit racing. I mean, seriously, nobody's gonna think you're a loser or anything cuz you're not Champ 29 or anything anymore, ya know? If anything, you're gonna surprise the hell out of a lot of 'equally' ranked Pros and whatnot, ya know? :D

Jinjo said:
I consider myself a fairly clean racer too. Yesterday a guy overtook me and come across a bit too soon and very suddenly. I even had the edge on him in acceleration, but jumped on the brakes to avoid collision.

Yes, I can have the inside line up to a corner and if the road was 50 yards longer I would be ahead enough to take it, but a lot of the times I will stop accelerating early and tuck in behind them so they don't blindly cut into me, which happens too often. A lot of the times I can brake early to get a good exit and just pass them on the next straight if our car's are even in power and speed.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diablohead said:
Yes, I can have the inside line up to a corner and if the road was 50 yards longer I would be ahead enough to take it, but a lot of the times I will stop accelerating early and tuck in behind them so they don't blindly cut into me, which happens too often. A lot of the times I can brake early to get a good exit and just pass them on the next straight if our car's are even in power and speed.
I'll back off if its a fast corner, but if I'm right alongside(on the inside) going into a hard braking zone, you better believe I'm gonna go for it. I've got a lot of trust in my braking.

But yea, that does mean I sometimes get rammed by somebody who doesn't realize they're supposed to leave me 'the right' to take the corner. But I'm not going to miss out on some of the best moments just because somebody else *might* not know what they're doing.

Seanspeed said:
I'll back off if its a fast corner, but if I'm right alongside(on the inside) going into a hard braking zone, you better believe I'm gonna go for it. I've got a lot of trust in my braking.

But yea, that does mean I sometimes get rammed by somebody who doesn't realize they're supposed to leave me 'the right' to take the corner. But I'm not going to miss out on some of the best moments just because somebody else *might* not know what they're doing.
A lot of the time that bump or rub can cause a crash or spin out so I feel much safer to drop behind then risk it, it all comes down to how you drive. This kind of stuff was more important in forza 1 and 2 also with damage full lobbies, that knock to the front wheel might punish you.

Seanspeed

Banned
Diablohead said:
A lot of the time that bump or rub can cause a crash or spin out so I feel much safer to drop behind then risk it, it all comes down to how you drive. This kind of stuff was more important in forza 1 and 2 also with damage full lobbies, that knock to the front wheel might punish you.
I'm not about to back out of a valid overtaking opportunity cuz there's a 'risk' of crashing. Thats boring, if you ask me. Its what good, close racing is all about.

If the person next to me knows what they're doing, they'll leave me room. If they dont, then they'll crash into me. The former results in some of the best moments you'll ever have playing the game. The latter some of the more frustrating. But trying to play in the boring middle ground is not for me. I'll take the lows if it means I get the highs, ya know?

I mean, dont get me wrong, I'm a clean racer and I'm not gonna divebomb myself into a braking zone without care, but I definitely do take opportunities when they present themselves. My ultimate goal is to have fun racing, not win every race necessarily.

Diablohead said:
You could just do well in the tag games to avoid the risk of losing rank. If you're so great at racing, dodging in and out of traffic should be a breeze! Heck, I even leveled UP twice last night while playing tag.

I'm kidding! Play the game however you want to and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. But I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that! :p

Jube3

Virus tag is awesome, the funniest time I've had so far was playing tag with friends in r3 cars all assists turned off. Spinning out and losing it over and over made for a tun of laughs/collisions.

For Iphone Users looking for tuning help I saw this at fm.net. Its a tuning calculator Theres a free version of the app. http://forzatune.com/

thundr51

Just curious if anybody else is intrigued by the Stirling Moss? I want to buy it and the Zonda R but alas I only have just over 2mil.

Ben2749 said:
If I make cars with designs that could be considered offensive, but only use them in private games with friends, can I still be banned?
You can if one of your friends is a dick and reports you.

Hyoushi

Yoritomo said:
Woohoo!! 1:18.2 in the Clio. Still .9 off the leader though. Fanatec w/clutch and sequential.
I think you can get into the 17:s if you stay in third in the hard right after the crest past the first chicane... that's where I made up some ground while racing your ghost hehe. But you're pulling away almost everywhere else since you get less understeer traction loss with the wheel, seems so

Variable

Do you guys think we will see any of the missing tracks from the original Forza show up in a DLC? I would love to play an updated Rio De Janeiro, Tokyo and Pacific Ship yards. Alpine Ring would be great as well.

I get the feeling that making only a few good vinyl designs, and putting an infinite amount of them in the Auction House would make you a lot of money. At least, that's the way it seemed when the game first came out, and to be honest, I haven't looked at the auction house since then. Is that still the case?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Variable said:
Do you guys think we will see any of the missing tracks from the original Forza show up in a DLC? I would love to play an updated Rio De Janeiro, Tokyo and Pacific Ship yards. Alpine Ring would be great as well.
Didn't Dan Greenawalt basically say on Major Nelson's podcast that DLC tracks are a waste of time?

Top Bottom