• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

Well, I'm done for tonight. In almost two hours, I've only managed a 1:02,225 or a seven thousandth improvement over my previous time...:lol
I'm constantly fucking up the last two corners of the second sector, otherwise I would already be in the Top 100 as I gained about five tenth in the first sector. :(
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to enter the Top 100 (would be pretty pissed if i don't...).

As for the VIP DLC, I'm with the others. I would be really pissed as that's pretty much why I bought the LCE.
If Turn 10 makes the VIP membership available for purchase on the marketplace, I really hope that they make it rain before it happen. And by making it rain, I mean flood the early VIPs with cars AND lots of money.

Iknos

G Rom said:
As for the VIP DLC, I'm with the others. I would be really pissed as that's pretty much why I bought the LCE.
If Turn 10 makes the VIP membership available for purchase on the marketplace, I really hope that they make it rain before it happen. And by making it rain, I mean flood the early VIPs with cars AND lots of money.

If the difference in price between LCE and regular was charged I don't really care. But if VIP was only 400 pts I would for obvious reasons.

It was a $20 price difference so I wonder if it would have a 1600pt price tag on VIP. It's a fair price considering that was the retail price difference and we had to go to great lengths in securing one. I drove around and pre-ordered at various EBs to make sure I got one.

That reminds me...I have $20 in store credit at various EBs across my city.

I think it's a good idea to expand VIP membership but at the same time it has to be done fairly.

I fully expected VIP membership to be available SOME other way eventually. I don't mind, it's strictly business after all and I've gotten some bad ass rides out of my VIP membership, including the pre-order bonus.

A shame to hear the audio "pop" is such a low level issue it's probably not going to get fixed. I've worked as a tester and I am sure it was probably found during QA, but like a lot of issues gets ignored to make a release date. *shrug*

DarkJC

Iknos said:
If the difference in price between LCE and regular was charged I don't really care. But if VIP was only 400 pts I would for obvious reasons.

It was a $20 price difference so I wonder if it would have a 1600pt price tag on VIP. It's a fair price considering that was the retail price difference and we had to go to great lengths in securing one. I drove around and pre-ordered at various EBs to make sure I got one.

That reminds me...I have $20 in store credit at various EBs across my city.

I think it's a good idea to expand VIP membership but at the same time it has to be done fairly.

Is $20 a fair price considering all the bonuses VIP members have gotten between then and now? I'm a VIP member but why should someone have to pay the same price we paid at launch but miss out on all the gifted cars we've already gotten.

Jube3

The plus side is that if VIP was sold say for 10 dollars without the LE cars, that puts a good incentive to support it. Meaning former VIPs could see maybe a few more cars than they would have? I dunno.

The only reason I ended up with the LCE was because Blockbuster had it for £29.99 by mistake for a few days and I jumped in, I don't even think I have driven the VIP extra cars yet like the ZR1 and all the vip cars we are given sit in my garage not being used as I tune all the other 350+ vehicles.

You are not missing much unless you really want that ZR1.

Iknos

DarkJC said:
Is $20 a fair price considering all the bonuses VIP members have gotten between then and now?

Good point. I'm just saying that I went through hell to get mine and I hope that's worth something. :)

You rarely see anything for 1600pts on Live anyways so I doubt it would be priced that amount.

G Rom

Fuck Yeah ! 1:02,030 or 86th on the leaderboard !:D
Managed to get in the Top 100 only eight minutes before the end of the Time Trial !:lol

Diablohead said:
The only reason I ended up with the LCE was because Blockbuster had it for £29.99 by mistake for a few days and I jumped in, I don't even think I have driven the VIP extra cars yet like the ZR1 and all the vip cars we are given sit in my garage not being used as I tune all the other 350+ vehicles.

You are not missing much unless you really want that ZR1.

Except when you want the RS, Scuderia or Superleggera.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
G Rom said:
Fuck Yeah ! 1:02,030 or 86th on the leaderboard !:D
Managed to get in the Top 100 only eight minutes before the end of the Time Trial !:lol

Nice work! You're a hotlap beast.

Jinjo

Circuit RWD is awesome. My F355 Challenge manages to keep up with the best of them on the tracks with the faster corners. It doesn't like the longer straights though. I love me some grip.:D

Apparently it is MY fault when someone else runs into MY back though. I was running second at the end of the first lap and I got hammered into the chicane at suzuka. Got knocked way back to seventh. Managed to fight back to third despite some getting run in the back AGAIN by the same person. Got voted out after, sore loser.

Yep people seem to think you can brake deep into every corner and still come out of it fast, when I brake early I always brake lightly so they can see my fucking brake lights come on but no they slam into me 50 yards from the corner, idiots.

Really to have fun online in a racing game you have to spend half of your brain looking ahead, and the other half avoiding idiots behind and to the side of you. I think the default narrow FOV for cockpit doesn't help much, I doubt even 1% of online drivers use the FOV trick.

G Rom

First rule : "You are a legal resident of the 50 United States or Puerto Rico, but not a resident of Vermont, Maryland, or any other U.S. territory or possession".

So, that's a no go for me... :-(

Anyway, I thought that registration ended on January 17th ?

Thought i'd celebrate my first Top 100 (87th in the end i think) leaderboard time trial finish with the car that got me it !

10yj1fk.jpg

Jube3

Did you get your own account Grom or is that someone who finished right above you? Man 1:02 is sick. My best was 1:05 :(

Brodequin

chespace said:
You hot lappers out there consider climbing the ranks for this contest?

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Hyundai_FM3_Championship.aspx

The time trial leaderboard just went live last night. Go check it out.

Yeah, I'd like to try this (even though I know I won't come close to winning) but I missed out on the registration period. Somehow didn't know about this until yesterday then realized that registration closed on 1/17. Sucks.

G Rom

Jube3 said:
Did you get your own account Grom or is that someone who finished right above you? Man 1:02 is sick. My best was 1:05 :(

What do you mean by getting my own account ?

While I'm at it, I'm reposting this edited photo stitch from the liveries/photos thread :

4295442984_66c025c6af_b.jpg

So there maybe plans to have VIP members via DLC? Hmm. It'll be nice to finally get those cars I can see in the game but can't buy! Just out of interest, are those VIP cars, the DBS, Corvette ZR1 etc actually on the disc or did they have to be downloaded?

Jube3

Great job on that ferrari stitch Grom, I confused you and Capt Algren since he placed right above you in the the time trial.

paskowitz

Just finished 3 hours of straight drifting on Fujimi. Made me think... it would be really cool if we got a DLC pack that consisted purely of drift cars. Something about them is just so visceral and fun.

Jube3

UltimateIke said:
The thread bump got my hopes up. Weren't we going to get gift cars today, or did I imagine it?

To Answer this
Finally, gift cars and new matchmaking game types are coming soon. Well, one is happening sooner than the other. Next week, we’ll be gifting out our next batch of cars to the community. Everyone will receive the winner of our AutoWeek DLC livery contest Saleen Raptor while only VIPs will get a very special and limited edition of an American classic muscle car featured in one of the videos we debuted during E3, featuring a design by famous tattoo artist Mr. Cartoon. I’m working with Fred to get this car out on Monday or Tuesday so look for it then. New multiplayer game types are on the horizon as well and we’ll be introducing a “Last Car Standing” full-contact game type as soon as we’ve thoroughly tested it. Further out, you can expect even more multiplayer evolution and we’ll have more details in the coming weeks.

The 2 cars one of them by db9d9 which looks so awesom
original.aspx

The Mr. Cartoon VIP Livery
original.aspx

Pitpass is now up:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...2/forza-motorsport-3-week-in-review-1-22.aspx

Featuring a drift video: S14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2lRhPJ2_hI&feature=player_embedded#at=22

The top 10 winners of the time trial
Top 10:
V12 BackONE AbS
PpR 3Wide
F4H Nikrox
SK Kenny
V12 SGATTO
TRC Greekman
RSI RoTaX STiG
GSR ALFRED73
Daveyskills
TPR Zermatt

h3ro

I haven't bought the AutoWeek car pack yet.

Is it wrong that I want to buy the pack just because I don't want to miss out on the gift car? :lol

Jube3

h3ro said:
I haven't bought the AutoWeek car pack yet.

Is it wrong that I want to buy the pack just because I don't want to miss out on the gift car? :lol

:lol
Its a great car pack and the S5s is about 1.2 million so that saves some credits.

Jube3

firehawk12 said:
Anyone have any tips on the 100k point drift achievement? Best I could do it 77k, with a billion rewinds. Guh. :(

Not sure if you've done this but

Go to my storefront: Ayo Jube and download the Nub Drift tune for the S13. (I apologize for therims and kit on this car, I dont remember it looking like that). :lol

Turn on ABS turn off everything else and just shoot for 1k on each turn on fujimi. If you download that tune keep it in 3rd and take your time heading into a turn its not a race. Take it wide and massage the gas to pull through the turn while counter steering. Im not an expert or even good drifter lol but thats what helped me through it (with the help of really good drifters).

If you dont have any money send me a Friend request and I can loan you an s13 for you to try to get the achievement on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ahh, it's only 5000 CR. I assume I have to upgrade it as well? :)

I don't understand tuning set ups though. You can't use them in the "Free Play" modes, but I don't see an option to choose a track to race on in career mode?

firehawk12 said:
Ahh, it's only 5000 CR. I assume I have to upgrade it as well? :)

I don't understand tuning set ups though. You can't use them in the "Free Play" modes, but I don't see an option to choose a track to race on in career mode?
Do "Free Play" and select "Hot Lap." You can select from cars in your garage there. You'll have to own the car to apply any tuning setups in the "Upgrade" section, and you'll have to buy the parts the setup uses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ahhh, cheers. I guess that balances out the fact that you can drive every car in the game from Free Play.

About getting 1000 points on every turn on Fujimi Kaido... does that literally mean every turn? Even the long curves and the short turns? On my run, I felt like I did the big hairpin turns fairly well, so I'm not sure where else I can grab the points.

Jube3

firehawk12 said:
Ahhh, cheers. I guess that balances out the fact that you can drive every car in the game from Free Play.

About getting 1000 points on every turn on Fujimi Kaido... does that literally mean every turn? Even the long curves and the short turns? On my run, I felt like I did the big hairpin turns fairly well, so I'm not sure where else I can grab the points.

Yea you pretty much wanna grab points on every turn. Doesnt have to be 1000 on small ones but you want to keep racking it up where ever you can get away with it. And in some cases after a turn into a straight you can keep the points going for a tad bit more.

Jube3

G Rom said:
Fixed for accuracy. :D

I was planning to buy it next, so that's great news.

Is it really, man I was way off lol mistook it for the zondas price I guess.

I took a quick run at the fujimi full again so I could save the replay. I can put it on my storefront if the guys here having trouble want to check it out. Its horrible drifting with a trillion mistakes and abysmal entries lol but it was enough to get 101,000 so it might help.

G Rom

Well, the Zonda is 1.6 million, so I don't know what car you were thinking of !:lol

I think, I'll aim for the R as my next purchase. With this, I'll get the achievements for having at least one car of every manufacturer, Pagani being the only one I was missing (I was waiting for the DLC instead of buying one of the old Zonda).
I should already have 250,000 Cr. from the TT and I got something like 100k already in the bank. Only 1.25 million to go...:lol

I saw that the next TT was with a Clio, I think I'll be compelled to do it. It's not everyday that we get to drive a french car in a TT !:D

Jube3

I would send you a Zonda R but you keep pointing out how wrong I am :lol

Im enjoying the time trials, I never really play them in any game but Forza has gotten me into bettering my times which are still..pretty bad. Not hard to improve on 1:43 on the last TT :lol

I hated that Fujimi Kaido achievement :lol

Every weekend my friends would come over and try to get the achievement but they dont even come close. I think 70-80k was the closest, no rewinds and boy did we freak out when we found out you can rewind (we've been using test drive as opposed to free run/time trial >:| )

I tried all kinds of cars, some of those suggested here: SL65 Black stock, other RWD cars, the worst being a Drift Tuned AE86 that drives like its on ice which is good, but once that back end slides, that mofo is gonna spin in circles (yeah I know, I suck at keeping it controlled :p )

Eventually I found a Drift Tune for an Evo IX and I've always preferred AWD Drift Cars in other games being that its noob friendly and this car was no exception.

It handled great, the back end would slip when I need it to, but manage to stabilize itself due to the AWD system.

The final right turn in Fujimi Kaido(Forward) right before the straight where you start, I scored another 2-3k to barely make it over 100k :lol

At least I dont have to do that again...

I was able to get the 100k after about 20 minutes of pratice then doing a clean run (with a few rewinds on the 2nd half, downhill drifting is annoying)

I used the '08 scooby with a 5k "100k fujimi" tune I found on the SF, long as you drift in 3rd and only drop to 2nd on hairpins the car handles well.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Week 4 - Clio Cup Time Trial Challenge

What: Official Turn 10 Featured Time Trial Challenge

When: Now until Friday January 29th at 12:00PM PST

Where: Time Trials in Forza Motorsport 3.

Track and Car: Sedona Raceway Park Club Reverse - 2007 Renault Clio RS 197
Yessssssssssssssss.... been waiting for a time trial in one of the little cars. :lol

I also got in the random 500... again! I'm loving all these free credits! :D

Magni

After missing out on last week's TT cause T10 don't know the difference between noon and midnight, I made sure to enter right away this week. :lol Stuck at 1:21.4 right now, gonna try again with TCS off (right now I use ABS/TCS/Clutch) and see if I can at least pass under 1:21.

Those guys lapping at 1:17 are beyond my skill range. :lol

Edit: just noticed that the current top time (a full four seconds faster than me..) has a teammate that lives in my hometown :D

Top Bottom