• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

After months I have finally gotten my 100,000 drift score. Why so long to acheive, well like an idiot I never took off traction control, my life is full of so much mega fail. I took a pick to commemorate the moment.

4441714891_3f878e5bcb_o.jpg

Oh and ZOOM ZOOM

4442494532_9f0ec81bc2_o.jpg

Iknos

Diablohead said:
Much as I would love to not upload my images and video wmv's to FM.net, I have a huge feeling any partition or dedicated USB item will be locked down to the 360 only.

Me too.

This may have some implications on getting a cheap 3 screen setup. 360 Arcades are selling for $130 until tomorrow. Pick up two and then get some USB keys to store Forza DLC and of course get the games and you have a 3 screen setup on the cheap.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
FUCkkkkkkkkkkkk

So frustrating. Two back-to-back games I get rammed from behind going into the last turn. Leading the WHOLE race, too. Guy seems like a good sport. Respecting the line, etc. I have faith, fingers crossed.

BAM

Come in 4th :mad:

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
One of my favourite things about bonnet cam, is that not only can you see reflections of the other cars on the bonnet, but also a reflection of the names above their cars. :lol :lol

cjelly said:
One of my favourite things about bonnet cam, is that not only can you see reflections of the other cars on the bonnet, but also a reflection of the names above their cars. :lol :lol
Never noticed :lol but that's the price you have to pay for 60fps reflections since it uses the frame buffer in some fancy way.

Diablohead said:
Much as I would love to not upload my images and video wmv's to FM.net, I have a huge feeling any partition or dedicated USB item will be locked down to the 360 only.
There's long been software used to read/write 360 hard drives and MU data, so I doubt it's a "locked" format.

G Rom

I hope that Turn 10 add a "giant photo with everything turn on and no compression" option when if this USB storage thing hits sometimes. I don't care if you can't upload them to FM.net and they don't appear in the storefront and it takes 30s to render (what's 30s when you have to wait 5 min to save...:lol ) as long as I could make some nice wallpaper without going stitching and dealing with the storefront cap !

Even if they don't do that, we would still be able to get uncompressed photos quiet easily.
Now that i think about it, it also means we would get uncompressed PGR4 photos goodness ! :D
If it happens, we need to revive the old PGR4 photo mode thread !

Oh and, looks like we found a use to the LCE USB key !:lol

Tried some drifting yesterday with my recently (read yesterday ! :lol ) bought Silvia S15. I grabbed a tune on the storefront and painted it myself (if putting together like 10 decals is considered painting ! :lol).

Seanspeed

Banned
RSTEIN said:
So I played the new New York track last night for the first time...

WTF!!!

I used rewind like 10 times during the race. For some reason my mind was not processing how to get through those tight spots properly. Very hard to get a feel for the right amount of braking required. Just a tad under the required amount and your ass slams into the barrier. Or you slam straight into it and watch your car go vertical.

Quite the change from Forza 2!
Its difficult at first, but once you start figuring it out, it becomes extremely satsifying threading your car through the barriers.

thundr51

G Rom said:
Why can't we have this quality ? :(

Wow.

Maybe with the usb update it'll be possible. Even then it'll be up to T10 to actually make it happen. Question is - will they?

I'm sure it'd be great information to share on a future pit pass...right Jube?? Che??

G Rom

I dream of a huge title update for photographers :
-Ability to go anywhere on the track
-Ability to take cockpit photos
-Ability to go as high as you want
-Highest LOD on every cars, textures, models in the rendered photo
-Better depth of field when you put the aperture sliders above middle (no more weird stripes)
-Anisotropic filtering 16x when rendered
-1080p minimum (Halo 3 allow 1080p for instance)
-Lossless compression
-Less than 10s to save (not render) a photo :lol

I think having seen some super high-res press shots of the M3 GT2, Corvette and the like really spoiled me as it showed me that the photo mode has the potential to look 10x better.

Well, one can dream...:D

Edit: Allowing us to save profiles of photo mode settings would be great also !:lol

blanky

Sebring had me itching again so i booted it up once again after a while. I tried to make a multi class race with AI, but the racers in the other class dont show up during the race. It that just a limitation or is there a way to get that to work? I wanted to get the feel of traffic and it just looks cool. Too bad there's no C6.r GT2 yet, that would complete the GT2 battle. ah well. i'll give it another go tomorrow.

ShapeGSX

If you look at the photos in the joystiq article about the USb support, someone already showed what a flash drive formatted by the 360 looks like to Windows. There are no recognizable files. And I suspect it is encrypted. So don't count on support for jpg reading on a PC.

However, since the USB drive must be read by any 360, there is likely only one encryption key, rather than a key per XBox. So there is the possibility that it will be cracked at some point.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/usb-mass-storage-device-support-on-xbox-360/full/#2810132

ShapeGSX said:
If you look at the photos in the joystiq article about the USb support, someone already showed what a flash drive formatted by the 360 looks like to Windows. There are no recognizable files. And I suspect it is encrypted. So don't count on support for jpg reading on a PC.

However, since the USB drive must be read by any 360, there is likely only one encryption key, rather than a key per XBox. So there is the possibility that it will be cracked at some point.

http://www.joystiq.com/photos/usb-mass-storage-device-support-on-xbox-360/full/#2810132
Before PGR3 had image uploading support I remember some dude looked at the game files and found that the images were saved as a jpg image inside a folder like that, he just extracted the bites or whatever and made a real jpg, I am rather surprised no one has done it yet with forza 3 but then maybe it's more complex then extracting some jpg code.

Diablohead said:
Before PGR3 had image uploading support I remember some dude looked at the game files and found that the images were saved as a jpg image inside a folder like that, he just extracted the bites or whatever and made a real jpg, I am rather surprised no one has done it yet with forza 3 but then maybe it's more complex then extracting some jpg code.
Well, Doesn't Forza 3 just have the images on the Hard Driver, but it saves them already after being compressed IIRC? I don't think it saves uncompressed ones and then compresses them when uploading.

So even if someone were to go into the HDD and extract the photos, they'd still be compressed, any confirmation on this?

Cuban Legend said:
Well, Doesn't Forza 3 just have the images on the Hard Driver, but it saves them already after being compressed IIRC? I don't think it saves uncompressed ones and then compresses them when uploading.

So even if someone were to go into the HDD and extract the photos, they'd still be compressed, any confirmation on this?
Always seems that the images look sharper to me before I upload them but it could be my tv scaling and contrast compared to my pc which hides the artifacts.

Iknos

Cuban Legend said:

Been a while but I thought that Che mentioned that it's uncompressed on the console.

In related news this game always impresses when I don't play for a while and then come back to it.

lord pie

If anyone ever finds themselves in a lobby with the following guys:

Da JeLLY doNuTs
I DyNaMiiiKkZz v
CoA II aMaZe

All driving identical Audi TT '07s,

Then get out. They race as a group and block anyone as a group. They slow down 2 or 3 wide on the straights. Probably to get higher rankings. If you manage a legit overtake, they'll either shunt you off the road or one of them will ram you in a corner, and they'll all slow down to let get in a group again.

Bloody depressing really.

lord pie said:
If anyone ever finds themselves in a lobby with the following guys:

Da JeLLY doNuTs
I DyNaMiiiKkZz v
CoA II aMaZe

All driving identical Audi TT '07s,

Then get out. They race as a group and block anyone as a group. They slow down 2 or 3 wide on the straights. Probably to get higher rankings. If you manage a legit overtake, they'll either shunt you off the road or one of them will ram you in a corner, and they'll all slow down to let get in a group again.

Bloody depressing really.
:lol wow

Protip: play RWD hoppers

lord pie

Haha :) Yeah I do race in the RWD hopper a lot. It's great.

I also race in A class expert when I feel like driving my Audi RS4 (Yes, an Audi, but it was my favorite car in forza 2 as well as now in forza 3 :lol )

Jube3

Forgot to post this on Friday but the new time trial (same car different track) for Perfect Dark is up. Its available to everybody not just VIP's and the prize is the same, giving away 10 (5 for top time and 5 random)copies of Perfect Dark for XBLA.

G Rom

It's a true direct feed capture, isn't it ?
It looks too good to be a 1080i capture (yes, I found the original !:D ).

thundr51

Jube3 said:
new capture :D have it in 1080 if anyone wants it.

Nice, what kind of capture card to you have? How are you creating shots like this? Any word if we'll be able to create shots like this in game soon?

thundr51 said:
Nice, what kind of capture card to you have? How are you creating shots like this? Any word if we'll be able to create shots like this in game soon?
I can answer that one: :lol

but no, seriously, I hope turn10 can now be allowed to save and export footage to a usb pen since the news on using usb storage officially on a 360 now.

Jube3

thundr51 said:

I have a Black Magic intensity Pro, I dunno if I posted this one but its from a while back (jan or so).
4334092649_a88f46950c_b.jpg

And this one was done using My forza stitching 6 images together
4457869306_38d8e27340_b.jpg

G Rom

thundr51 said:
No gift battle this week?

@Jube - Anyway, awesome pics. Great way to sidestep my other question...Che would be proud.:lol

Indeed, Master Che must be proud of his young padawan Jube !:lol

*Wait for someone to make a Star Wars photoshop of Che* :D

I don't know, if you've seen the 2010 gaming setup recently but regs has been posting pics of his car collection. This is like a real life Forza/GT/PGR !:lol
Seriously, having the ability to pick (almost) any car in the world and buy it instantly like in any racing game must be so awesome. If I could do that, I would start collecting for real and whine about little details by posting comparison pics. :D
"Pff, this game is crap, the lug nuts of the F40 aren't even modeled properly, and don't even get me started on the Ford GT40 rivets being totally off !" :lol

Jube3

thundr51 said:
No gift battle this week?

@Jube - Anyway, awesome pics. Great way to sidestep my other question...Che would be proud.:lol

G Rom said:
Indeed, Master Che must be proud of his young padawan Jube !:lol

*Wait for someone to make a Star Wars photoshop of Che* :D

I hate both of you <3 :lol

Top Bottom