• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
cjelly said:
I guess that means Spa is May's DLC, then.

I wish DLC tracks were retro fitted at least into Events' mode, that'd give me a BIG incentive to buy 'em all, right now they're always a no buy... damn :/

Dash Kappei said:
I wish DLC tracks were retro fitted at least into Events' mode, that'd give me a BIG incentive to buy 'em all, right now they're always a no buy... damn :/
Yeah at least in forza 2 they came with arcade and time trial extras, here it's just another map to play online, really.

The career needs a good overhull and maybe having random events in the calender would help, plus it could include DLC.

Dash Kappei

Diablohead said:
Yeah at least in forza 2 they came with arcade and time trial extras, here it's just another map to play online, really.

The career needs a good overhull and maybe having random events in the calender would help, plus it could include DLC.

I can't understand for the life of me why Turn10 went with this kind of decision.
I mean, shouldn't they want to make DLC content MORE appealing?
Especially now that the game is being sold for half the original price but it's still selling regularly and showing great legs in EU/UK, you'd expect them to want to make the most out of those packs they're releasing.

Iknos

Caddle said:
Why can't I race against upgraded cpu cars? Is it that damn hard to do.

Good question. All the logic for auto-upgrades are there.

May have more to do with the timeframe these guys pumped out the game. I'm glad a game like this didn't take 5 years to make but I'm thinking another 6 months would have addressed all the little things to perfection.

The ultimate would have been to have an online career mode where you have all these races with their tracks and restrictions and you raced against other people online. It would be nice to race against tuned cars that feature unique liveries.

xMk2x

Banned
lord pie said:
Does anyone else this problem with their xbox wheel; occasionally (perhaps once every 15 races) it will go mad for a split second, and it sends a totally random button input to the game?

A number of times I've had it pulse the hand brake (if I'm unlucky I spin out). However once it dropped down a gear in A-class expert, ruining my engine. And yesterday, it pressed the start button - bringing up the in game menu.. On the corkscrew..
I've had this before as well. The last time I remember it happening was with Forza 2, though. I had a gear dropped on the final lap of an endurance race and lost a whole bunch of credits because of it. Had it happened in F3 it would've been a simple rewind but even then it would've sucked. I don't know how to fix it or why it does it.

- unrelated rant - I *really* wish X/B could be bound to look left / look right.
I'm pretty sure you can. It's been a while since I played the game but I'm certain I race with those buttons mapped to left/right look. I'm certain of this because when I try and drift I rue my decision to lose handbrake in favour of left/right look. Check your control settings and see if there is an alternate wheel setup. If you have no luck I will go check out my settings and let you know how to do it.

Dash Kappei

xMk2x said:
I'm pretty sure you can.

Nope you can't with the wheel.
I was bitching about that myself, months ago :/
If there is a way to do that, then please do share it! It'd be much appreciated :)

Damn, If there's one thing that NFS Shift totally nailed opposite to Forza, is to have the cockpit's view shift a bit left/right when cornering: it gave a realistic g-force effect and more windscreen's visibility as well.

xMk2x

Banned
Wheel layout 4. X looks left, B looks right, Y looks behind, A changes camera. You can't freelook with the wheel, though, if that's what you were complaining about.

lord pie

xMk2x said:
Wheel layout 4. X looks left, B looks right, Y looks behind, A changes camera. You can't freelook with the wheel, though, if that's what you were complaining about.

Yeah. What is confusing is the layout says X, A and B all 'change camera' and Y looks backwards. They don't specifically say look left / look right.

Works a treat now. I can be more aggressive knowing who is around me.

Jube3

The Road & Track spy shot contest started this morning
http://www.roadandtrack.com/index.php/special_feature/spy-shot-contest

Mystery car #1 is:
FM3_April_Spy_21-440x247.jpg

FM3_April_Spy_1-440x247.jpg

Heads up that this contest is US residents only

Next car goes up in about an hour.

Jube3

Spy shot #2 is up: here are the clues

Today’s Clues:

* Who needs a windshield?
* Who needs interior trim?
* We sure wish ??? would make a production version…

FM3_April_Spy_11-440x247.jpg

FM3_April_Spy_22-440x247.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Tiago Leite said:
It's a Mazda 3! :p

EDIT: It's a SEAT LEON!! (PS: I'm not US, so pick my answer NAOO!!)
Looks like a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 to me.

Car #2... we can probably rule out the Ariel Atom, because I think the suspension bits are external, and the Mercedes Benz SLR Sterling Moss was included in a prior DLC pack... hm, and I can rule out the Radical SR3, since the wording indicates "concept"...

DasRaven

twinturbo2 said:
Looks like a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 to me.

Car #2... we can probably rule out the Ariel Atom, because I think the suspension bits are external, and the Mercedes Benz SLR Sterling Moss was included in a prior DLC pack... hm, and I can rule out the Radical SR3, since the wording indicates "concept"...

Looks like the Mazda MX-5 superlight to me. Fits the description too, note the roll hoop brake light.
image_cd_gallery.jpg

A mini-SLR Stirling Moss if you will. Love those massive brakes for a very tiny car.
2009-mazda-mx5-superlight-concept_3_.jpg

Also annoyed that DLC tracks are restricted to online. Is it really that hard to add a few championships races to the calendar? I was hoping the calendar structure had been used this time around, precisely so that new tracks and events could easily be included. The game is done and dusted for me. Loads of new cars added, but no new tracks to race them on unless you go online. Poor show :(

G Rom

Seems like running the saves from a USB key speed up the game. My garage loads instantly and I only have to wait 1 minute to save a photo instead of 5, I guess that's an improvement...

Now, waiting for the scene to allow us to get our photos on the computer as these two would look much better uncompressed (if the photos are indeed saved uncompressed) :

Forza381.jpg

Forza380.jpg

(livery found on the storefront)

As for the DLC, as of spy shot #3, the line-up look like this :
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Mazda MX-5 Superlight
2010 Bentley Continental GT Supersport

I hope the remaining seven cars are better. Which remind me that I still haven't bought the previous DLC, I still have the Furai and the EB110SS waiting to be purchased. With Diablo 2 1.13, God Of War 3 and now Pure and LEGO Batman (got the bundle package for 0,01€, price errors FTW !:lol ), Forza 3 doesn't get much play these days. Honestly, the game doesn't help either. Whenever I boot it up, it reminds me of how boring the career is after a while and that it takes way too long to setup a fake private race with AI. Why ? Oh why Turn 10 didn't put a true arcade racing mode where you simply choose a car and a track and the hard AI will race with cars from the same class. :(

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, was I right on the 2010 Mazdaspeed 3? Wow, can I get a prize for this?

Hopefully, the McLaren MP4-12C is included, along with the new Koeingsegg, Mercedes SLS AMG, and some of the others on my wish list.

G Rom that scooby looks lush, must find that paint job. Also nice tip about running the save from a usb pen, that along with an installed game should easily half most of the loading in this game.

On that note, che any word about now allowing images and video's to be saved to that LE usb pen? :) seems a lot of people want the ability, maybe microsoft will allow it now or something.

Seanspeed

Banned
state_vector_collapse said:
Also annoyed that DLC tracks are restricted to online. Is it really that hard to add a few championships races to the calendar? I was hoping the calendar structure had been used this time around, precisely so that new tracks and events could easily be included. The game is done and dusted for me. Loads of new cars added, but no new tracks to race them on unless you go online. Poor show :(
You can create your own offline races using the DLC.

<Go Race>

<Multiplayer>

<Private Race>

Make it invite only, set it for 8 players, make 7 of them AI, and then choose your OWN car restrictions and race rules. Personally, I enjoy doing this *more* than most career races. You still get money as well, in case thats a concern(good money if you get a bit creative with the rules).

Also, I find the AI on the Nurburgring GP track improved over most of the other tracks. They really put some time and effort into that DLC.

Gravijah

Any chance/word on the V6 version of the new Mustang being put into the game? I've hated all of the new Mustangs yet I'm in love with that car. :lol

DarkJC

Seanspeed said:
You can create your own offline races using the DLC.

<Go Race>

<Multiplayer>

<Private Race>

Make it invite only, set it for 8 players, make 7 of them AI, and then choose your OWN car restrictions and race rules. Personally, I enjoy doing this *more* than most career races. You still get money as well, in case thats a concern(good money if you get a bit creative with the rules).

Also, I find the AI on the Nurburgring GP track improved over most of the other tracks. They really put some time and effort into that DLC.

Only thing that's missing is an option for the AI to max their cars out as close to the class restriction as possible with upgrades. It's kind of lame to be racing AI cars rated at 548 PP when you have a fully tuned and upgraded 600 PP beast.

Being fairly new to NeoGaf I would love to add some FORZA Gaffers to my friend's list. Shoot me a friend request or message to UR BUS IS SHORT if you'd like and have the room. I'd really appreciate it.

The second thing I wanted to mention is that I am desperately trying to get my hands on the 2010 Ferrari 599XX. I don't what it is exactly but this car just hits me in all the right spots. Unfortunately its hefty 2,500,000 CR pricetag puts it out of reach for my nonartistic ass, especially now that I am trying to save up for the next batch of DLC. I haven't had any luck in the Auction House or in the Forza forums so I thought I'd check with the fine people in here that make up FORZA Gaf. :D

If there is anyone that might be willing to make a deal with me just reply on here or send me a message via LIVE to UR BUS IS SHORT.

I have a fairly large collection of cars in my garage so there is a good chance I might have something you'd be interested in. Thanks and remember even if you are not interested in a trade or sell I'd really like to add some FORZA Gaffers to my friend list. UR BUS IS SHORT is my gamertag.

G Rom

Saw the spy shot, people believe that it could be the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG which would negate all the "meh" provoked by the previous cars.

As for the USB key thing, no luck so far. I've only been able to get the (poorly compressed) thumbnails. But one thing worries me, I've managed to get the Forza 2 photos and they were all saved in their glorious shittyness... :/
Here's hopping that it isn't the same for Forza 3.
I also hope that Turn 10 will make it easier for us to access our photos in the future but with the storefront being so important, I'm not sure they will... :(
Seriously, how hard can it be to make a special über option to save a huge 1080p (minimum) PNG photo directly on HDD or USB key...

I looked at my "old" PGR3 photos too, it's pretty amazing to see the huge step we made in more than 4 years !:lol

JSI

Neo Member
G Rom said:
As for the DLC, as of spy shot #3, the line-up look like this :
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
2010 Mazda MX-5 Superlight
2010 Bentley Continental GT Supersport

Definitely not a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3:
Spy Shots:

MS3
2010-mazdaspeed3-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
JSI said:
Definitely not a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3:
Spy Shots:

MS3
http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-shows/2010-mazdaspeed3-european-specs-revealed-subtle-changes-underneath/15051341+w750/2010-mazdaspeed3-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Looks like a Seat to me.

DarkJC

G Rom said:
Saw the spy shot, people believe that it could be the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG which would negate all the "meh" provoked by the previous cars.

As for the USB key thing, no luck so far. I've only been able to get the (poorly compressed) thumbnails. But one thing worries me, I've managed to get the Forza 2 photos and they were all saved in their glorious shittyness... :/
Here's hopping that it isn't the same for Forza 3.
I also hope that Turn 10 will make it easier for us to access our photos in the future but with the storefront being so important, I'm not sure they will... :(
Seriously, how hard can it be to make a special über option to save a huge 1080p (minimum) PNG photo directly on HDD or USB key...

I looked at my "old" PGR3 photos too, it's pretty amazing to see the huge step we made in more than 4 years !:lol

Honestly I think they are saved compressed from the outset, which is a shame considering there's no reason to do this at all.

G Rom

I just copy-past the answer that was leading the comment replies when I wrote my post, now it's clear that, it's not a Mazdaspeed 3. The only current Seat which look like that is the Leon but we already have two of those... :/

If it's indeed another Leon, this pack is looking even less appealing.

Spyshot #6 could be the Holden HSV W427. :D

Edit :
DarkJC said:
Honestly I think they are saved compressed from the outset, which is a shame considering there's no reason to do this at all.

Yep, I don't understand either as Forza 3 pretty much requires a HDD to play. It isn't 200 or 300 KB more per photo which would file a HDD...

Remember this ?

Che said:
I'm on the road right now and haven't had a chance to hop onto forums until now. Photomode compression is the way it is purely due to conservative estimates for bandwidth and peak user numbers around the launch window. With more filesharing and big WMV video exports than we've ever done before, we just want to make sure our servers don't fall over in November, etc. That said, I'm talking to the team about the possibility of changing compression specs later on when we've seen some numbers and have a good idea of our server situation. Totally understand the sentiments re: photomode as it's a feature that's near and dear to my heart, but it's really just a numbers game at this point.

Well, it's been near 6 months since launch, well past the launch window and we still haven't seen any improvement. I'd just like to know if we'll ever see this better compression.

DarkJC

G Rom said:
Remember this ?

Looking back at it now that comment reads more like a 'put out the fire' PR statement than anything else. I'm not holding my breath with regards to any changes to the current system.

Pepto

Banned
- Seat Leon Cupra R '09
- Mazda MX-5 Superlight
- Bentley Continental GT SuperSports '09
- Mini Coupé Concept
- Vauxhall Insignia VXR '10
- Renault Mégane III RS '09
- Mercedes E63 AMG '09
- Ford Taurus SHO '10
- Holden HSV w427 '10
- VW Scirocco R '10

Is this car pack 3 or 4 now? and since all of these cars are being made with high poly versions for the menu's I fear for how big forza 4 is going to be if it's a next gen title, fuck like too many detailed cars to pick from :lol

G Rom

Pepto said:
- Seat Leon Cupra R '09
- Mazda MX-5 Superlight
- Bentley Continental GT SuperSports '09
- Mini Coupé Concept
- Vauxhall Insignia VXR '10
- Renault Mégane III RS '09
- Mercedes E63 AMG '09
- Ford Taurus SHO '10
- Holden HSV w427 '10

- VW Scirocco R '10

Source ?

I've bolded the cars that I find interesting. Half of the pack doesn't sound bad.
It's funny though, I keep seeing the "new sol R missile*" billboard ads in my town for the Scirocco R and I could be driving it virtually next week. :D

* "Sol air missile" is the french for "surface to air missile"

DasRaven

G Rom said:

Road & Track magazine is sponsoring a "spy shot" competition to reveal each of the pack's cars.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/special_feature/spy-shot-contest

And as usual, they left all the spy shots in a generic image upload directory on the webserver and someone found them on the first day of the "contest."
The FM.net community has CSI'd the spy shots and determined the lineup. The lame clues have served to confirm our expectations. This list is golden.

Ranger X

Quick question for you guys...

Is it possible to complete the main game (career) through both the even list and "calendar" or you have to do both?

Drastic

Ranger X said:
Quick question for you guys...

Is it possible to complete the main game (career) through both the even list and "calendar" or you have to do both?

To get all the achievements without running some races twice, you need to do the Season events (calendar) first. Then go to the event list and race what you didn't do in the seasons.

This will net you the season achievements, and then you can work on the final one.

DasRaven

cjelly said:
So what is different about the Scirocco in the DLC, and the one already in the game?

If this were the Scirocco, the difference would be a body kit and engine upgrade. However, there's now some churn on this item. Looks like it may not be the Scirocco R after all.

The R&T clues and images seem to suggest a Golf R instead. They look similar, but only the Golf R has AWD which would send power "fore and aft" versus the Scirocco which is FWD only.
Both would match the "132hp/L" clue since both have the 265hp/2.0L TSI engine.

So that would make the question 2-door or 4-door Golf R. I'm hoping for the 4-door since the GTI of the same generation in FM3 is a 2-door.

Top Bottom