• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jube3 said:
BTW I put up 2 UK plates, I was told white was for the front and yellow for the back so both of those are up there. Its free atm, when the game is live the plates will only be like 4-5k.

It really is a phenomenal Package. In fact my 360 hasnt been off much because I like watching my sweet, sweet 84 supra in the home space on one of my screens. Here are my stats. :lol Please dont mock me :lol

Time spent in Menu's 74h (home space ROCKS lol)
Time spent Tuning: 3h
Time spent racing: 13h
Time spent designing: 43h
Very cool, UK plates will be a nice touch, and will er... certainly mark my card when I venture online :lol :lol

As for your stats, well, something tells me that the designing time will probably hit 80 hours by the time I get the game, hehe.

Jube3

ResidentDante said:
I guess maybe I should use Forza 3 as a screensaver too when I get it next week :D

Yea pretty much what I use it for, I would pay for more home space locales DLC lol.

Stop It said:
Very cool, UK plates will be a nice touch, and will er... certainly mark my card when I venture online :lol :lol

As for your stats, well, something tells me that the designing time will probably hit 80 hours by the time I get the game, hehe.

Yea This weekend Im gonna be knocking out a ton of cars, Ill probably hit the 80 hour mark then :lol

DodgerSan

Jube3 said:

I must be getting old. I can honestly say I've never heard of a single one of those! :lol

DodgerSan said:
I must be getting old. I can honestly say I've never heard of a single one of those! :lol
Only pendelum here :lol

Well I guess I'll use the Forza 3 Usb stick for my own music when I get the LE :lol

Brakara

Jube3 said:
Fixed, also I put together the list of Licensed Soundtrack for Forza 3 since I could not find it on the net. The missing links I couldnt find a youtube video for. I will add these to the OP

Great, thanks! I've made a Spotify playlist of the songs I could find there (listed in bold under):

http://open.spotify.com/user/ronnyhaa/playlist/4D8mVPNDDpXFXNvLbXmKw7

Trash - the whip
tick tick boom - the hives
long forgotten sons - rise against
burned- fall from grace
across the shields - Torche
solaris - Celldweller's
no tommorow girls - the blackhalos
weve had enough -alkaline trio
showdown = pendelum
suburbian nights - hard fi
my friend john - The Fratellis
send a little love token - the duke spirit
Talk to Frank - Commix
lost weekend - the qemists
on the run - the qemists
swag - the qemists
100 percent - 99 men
borrowed time -TC
Under Control - Adam Freeland
What now - alex medric
Oversquare - DJ Drunken Master
Talk me down - mistabishi
twist the knife - evil nine
borderline aka blocks - adam freeland
Do you dig destruction - turbonegro
Cosmonaught - Logistics
intervention - Logistics
toytown - Logistics
Cygnus - Mr Sam F/ Could 9
one week - el cato

Please tell me if anyone finds the other songs, or if I've made any mistakes.

AMUSIX

Jube, designs bought on the marketplace can only be layered over, right?

That is, I want to take your california plate and add the Tahoe art to it (California's got a dozen different custom plates) but to do so, I'd need to layer behind the word 'california'. Is this possible?

Senua

Jube3 said:
Sent.

Also for the UK gaffers I finished UK plates front and back. Working on getting the font a tiny bit skinnier.
ukplates.png
awesome, can you please try and put one on the back of the e36 M3? on forza 2 you couldnt edit the plate area for some reasons so i'm wondering if you can this time round

Dina

Jesus m0dus, that's so awesome. I daresay I'm not a terrible painter myself, but the metallic graphics on the Crackdown 2 dude is beyond awesome.

abrasion

Banned
For the love of all things good Che, just tell your people, to tell their people, to tell their other people to let it out early :mad: it's sitting in boxes in our local stores and all I'm hearing is idiots who have stolen the game fawn over it :/

abrasion said:
For the love of all things good Che, just tell your people, to tell their people, to tell their other people to let it out early :mad: it's sitting in boxes in our local stores and all I'm hearing is idiots who have stolen the game fawn over it :/
I hate shit like that, an old housemate use to work in a game store and would always come home with goodies and shit that were suppose to be for pre-order people, and he gave no care at all for any of his games.

Jube3

Fender_Uk said:
awesome, can you please try and put one on the back of the e36 M3? on forza 2 you couldnt edit the plate area for some reasons so i'm wondering if you can this time round

I have the e46, and you can put it back there. But unless its given to me as I level (which it might have actually) I cant afford it lol.

Theres white ones on my storefront already, although they have less words than that german plate, a GB instead of a D, and no elbems aside from the stars.

That Crackton 2 car is absolutely jaw dropping. I might make a Fit with a totally rudimentary Tetris Docks design just for Cat & Mouse purposes.

:lol

Duelist

Kinda random question, but for those of you using the Microsoft wheel to play, is there a way of switching between wheel and a controller while still in the game to be able to race and then go do some painting?

I don't think there was a way to do this in FM2, and it was kinda annoying having to quit the game and reassign the controller to be player 1.

acm2000

Duelist said:
Kinda random question, but for those of you using the Microsoft wheel to play, is there a way of switching between wheel and a controller while still in the game to be able to race and then go do some painting?

I don't think there was a way to do this in FM2, and it was kinda annoying having to quit the game and reassign the controller to be player 1.

no, have to turn wheel off, turn pad on, log in etc, its more an xbox OS limitation than anything else

nib95

Banned
ResidentDante said:
If you're not a journalist, you are a...
pirate63.gif

YARRRR!!:lol

Lol. I'm the guy they call loony for now and again hating on Digital Downloads and online for taking sales away from the retail channel. No chance in hell you'd find me pirating. I'm very pro whatever helps the economy and employment get by. As in, now and again spends an extra £5-£10 to buy from retail instead of online just to help them get by.

N.A

Banned
Recieved my review copy yesterday. Easily the best console racing game ever. I just need to find some people to play online with.

Senua

Jube3 said:
I have the e46, and you can put it back there. But unless its given to me as I level (which it might have actually) I cant afford it lol.
yea its its fine on the e46 in forza 2 just the e36 is f'd up, have you got the toyota mk3 supra? (2.0 tt) you couldnt edit the plate area on that either which sucked

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
dejan said:
Holy crap ... holy crap ... HOLY CRAP!

omg :(, *sheds a tear*

Modus, what do I have to do to get my hands on that car? Ill do anything, AAAANYTHING

m0dus said:
Eh. Just thought I'd pop in and show ya'all what you have to look foraward to from me:

An iphon-ey taste of the design going on the next VIP car:

24zkm6c.jpg

30t4bwk.jpg

2iuu9fq.jpg

286wego.jpg

2w51wyd.jpg

Why yes, that IS a Nismo GTR (R1 class). Goodness gracious. :)

Jesus christ m0dus, as a Crackdown fan(boy) I cannot wait to get this car on the storefront. I'm afraid that I won't be buying a lot of cars in game because I have to save up for this beauty. Beauty!!

Saiyu

AMUSIX said:

That is, I want to take your california plate and add the Tahoe art to it (California's got a dozen different custom plates) but to do so, I'd need to layer behind the word 'california'. Is this possible?

I'd also like to know this please

Lucius86

Banned
Jube3 said:
Also for the UK gaffers I finished UK plates front and back. Working on getting the font a tiny bit skinnier.
ukplates.png

Love it, great work! Is it easy to customise it to have our own lettering? Sorry, never bought Forza 2 so I have no idea how to go about it until I get my copy of Forza 3!

Jube3

AMUSIX said:

Its like a flattened image since its a locked group. So nah you would not be able to do it but I can do that part for ya if you want.

Jube3

Gah, eddie from Brutal Legend did not come out like I hoped. Tried fixing it and ran up too many layers. Gonna start that one over with a different picture.

Saiyu

Jube3 said:
Its like a flattened image since its a locked group. So nah you would not be able to do it but I can do that part for ya if you want.

So we can't edit the image, but we could paint on top of the complete layers?

Just "bought" the licence plates (thanks for making them free!). Already some pretty damn good designs up there.

I'm pretty gutted that they kept the old auction house system though. Such a shame that I can't put in as much as I'm willing to pay as a bid and leave it at that.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
M0dus dreamed an impossible dream... and then made it a reality using his divine artistic ability.

Iknos

m0dus and Jube3 will dominate the painter leaderboards.

Should be pretty rich too when the game releases.

BenjaminBirdie said:
That Crackton 2 car is absolutely jaw dropping. I might make a Fit with a totally rudimentary Tetris Docks design just for Cat & Mouse purposes.

:lol

I can imagine cat liveries and mouse liveries for the appropriate cars. More specifically lolcats used for the cat vehicles. This mode should be called "cat and cheezburger" mode.

Rad Agast

nib95 said:
Awesome dude! I want one of those bad boys!

Any chance you could do me one that says NIBZ?

If the layers are not locked you should be able to remove the text ones and type any thing you want instead.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Forza hype is reaching critical levels. I plugged in Forza 2 last night to continue my sparse career from two years ago. Directly comparing it to the Forza 3 demo was more of a leap than I could have imagined. Forza 2 surprised me at how smooth it still felt despite the lower framerate, but the difference in fidelity(not just visuals, but control) is so improved with Forza 3 that it really feels like a full blown sequel rather than a mere expansion.

God damn I need my WheelstandPro NAO!!!

HoTHiTTeR

Holy livery art. you guys should definitely gift those cars to me so I can properly give them a shake down on the track. Any time today would be fine :p

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Some of you NEED to record yourselves making these liveries. I feel like it's some sort of magic trick the way you can get photorealism out of the shapes. A sped-up livery creation vid would be really fascinating to watch from beginning to end.

HoTHiTTeR

Brandon F said:
Some of you NEED to record yourselves making these liveries. I feel like it's some sort of magic trick the way you can get photorealism out of the shapes. A sped-up livery creation vid would be really fascinating to watch from beginning to end.

Youtube. They're out there.

God that ODST is sick.

I also watched some of Jube3's live stream of his brutal legend, I thought it was pretty great too. Thanks for streaming it, was incredible to see the process.

AirBrian

m0dus said:
I dunno, I've never really been big on selling designs. certainly not in the volume it would take to be in the top of the leaderboards!

Though, if it doesn't make it onto a VIP, I might end up putting the ODST on the marketplace (reposting it as it got buried under the crackdown 2 monster):

ic0oyw.jpg

It's an examplt of having to rework a previous design--in the same way Jube3 is redoing the Brutal legend one (though I think his work on it was awesome, tbh) I had to start over from scratch to capture the look and feel of the game.
HOT!

My Forza 3 Hype Train is running full-speed!

Iknos

To those playing the game: does dirt accumulate on the car when you drive many laps like it did with FM2?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
m0dus said:
Nah. The livery editor really lends itself well to Crackdown's art style. I only wish I didn't spend all my money on the car to paint it on :p

Well, it looks like the livery editor "lends itself well" to whatever you and Jube want to do. You guys are amazing. I could barely make an Aphex Twin logo in F2 :/

At this point I'm just kind of dreaming up the kind of stuff I want to do. I think my "Mona Lisa" will be an attempt to recreate the cover of New X-Men #114, my favorite piece of comic art possibly ever.

Maybe do some Bleach stuff mainly because I could live off the profits forever.

Also, as noted a million times, I'm going to be paging through Gorillaz: Rise Of The Ogre for every cool Noodle shot I can find.

Top Bottom