• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Dina

m0dus said:
There are paint splats that I use, but they need to be warped, resized, and have their transparency adjusted. also, you can only use certain shades that are complementary to whatever color you are overlaying.

Alright, that makes a lot more sense. Still immensely impressive what you've done. My first designs will be a lot more 'trio/duo-tone' in design :)

Lebron

I need that Boondocks livery :lol

Also, is there going to be a separate livery thread to show off folks creations like with F2?

Modus, are you willing to remake your rocket knight avatar/artwork on to a car in forza 3? I would love that :D

Brandon F said:
Forza hype is reaching critical levels. I plugged in Forza 2 last night to continue my sparse career from two years ago. Directly comparing it to the Forza 3 demo was more of a leap than I could have imagined. Forza 2 surprised me at how smooth it still felt despite the lower framerate, but the difference in fidelity(not just visuals, but control) is so improved with Forza 3 that it really feels like a full blown sequel rather than a mere expansion.

God damn I need my WheelstandPro NAO!!!
wut :lol

To clarify:

Forza 1 - 30fps
Forza 2 - 60fps race, 30fps replay & menus
Forza 3 - 60fps race, 30fps replay, no idea what the menu runs at, 30 I think from the demo.

SuperÑ said:
Is it allowed to post photos of the game taken from another forum (as the game has already leaked)?
Dunno but if it's from a leaked pirate copy I would say no just because the pirates are jerks and should not be involved.

nib95

Banned
Surprised the promo version of the game comes with the download card for "more cars and tracks". Out of curiosity, does anyone know what those cars and tracks are? And will they come with all the normal retail versions of the game?

nib95 said:
Surprised the promo version of the game comes with the download card for "more cars and tracks". Out of curiosity, does anyone know what those cars and tracks are? And will they come with all the normal retail versions of the game?
It comes with retail yes, it's two large test track areas.

Eighthours

Have any of you uber-talented painters uploaded your wares to the Storefront yet? Took a look last night on my review copy and couldn't see any...

A little help from someone with the game?

When in Season Play, does hitting Y (see pic) give a list of opponents their PI numbers? Even if you haven't yet started that event?

Screenshot.jpg

I know the matrix view has an "opponents" button (Y), so I'm hoping "series standings" is essentially the same thing.

TylerD

Well, Turn 10 made the game way too good and I am going to be buying a 360 just for Forza. I don't think I will be getting a wheel anytime soon though. I have a G25 for PS3 and PC racers and will in no way be able to swing the Fanatec Turbo S anytime soon.

The thing that put me over the edge is the number of tracks that I haven't/can't race on in any other games, and when I saw a Porsche 944 Turbo in the youtube video scrolling through all the cars.

My first car was a Guards Red 88 944 N/A then 2 years later I got an Alpine White 86 Turbo. I had that car through my last 2 years of high school and though college. I sold it and bought a 08 Accord Sedan V6 for commuting last year. I miss my Turbo every day but can't wait to build up a monster in FM3! :D

Rizob

DodgerSan said:
I must be getting old. I can honestly say I've never heard of a single one of those! :lol
Same here, except Pendulum and maybe The Hives. I say 'maybe' because there's so many bands called The <something> these days that i lose track!

I enjoyed the soundtrack in Forza 2, but after going through the youtube links i tihnk i'll definitely be leaving the music off during races (which i always do anyway, gotta hear them engines roar!). I loved the menu music in the demo though. Can anyone with the full game say whether all the menu music in the full game is a similar style to the demo?

ShapeGSX

acm2000 said:
ditch some of those shitty music tracks, and stick the ring on disc 1

Turn 10 will gladly do this for your personal copy of Forza 3, but you will have to wait another 3 months to get it. :D

Doodis

Rizob said:
Same here, except Pendulum and maybe The Hives. I say 'maybe' because there's so many bands called The <something> these days that i lose track!

I enjoyed the soundtrack in Forza 2, but after going through the youtube links i tihnk i'll definitely be leaving the music off during races (which i always do anyway, gotta hear them engines roar!). I loved the menu music in the demo though. Can anyone with the full game say whether all the menu music in the full game is a similar style to the demo?
Yeah, I recognized The Hives, Fratellis, and Alkaline Trio. Everyone else was new to me.

Another question about music - can you set up custom playlists with your own music within the game. I know I can play my music through the Xbox media player, but I'd rather experience the atmospheric menu music and then just have my music replace the tracks that come on during races.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rizob said:

I only know of Pendulum and Hives myself. But racing games end up introducing me to alot of new bands I never heard of.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
CrashPrime said:
I wish I had a logical and afordable way to mount a wheel, or there was some sort of lap adapter. This game is freaking amazing, but I feel like I'm sawing the wheel like a lumberjack unnecessarily with the analog stick when I start turning off assists.

Ralph%20Lauren%20nickel%20spur%20belt.jpg

seriously. works pretty well, and i actually preferred the belt method to mounting it to a random table.

Ding

XiaNaphryz said:
For those of you who've ordered a Fanatec - have you checked your order history recently? I just happened to look at it right now and I noticed my wheel order has changed at some point from Pending to Delivered - which isn't right at all, as the only part of the order that got delivered was the wheel stand. Just a website glitch, or should I try to follow up?
It sounds like they just don't have a "Partially Shipped" status that they can use. Feel free to email them, however. They were very responsive when I needed to cancel and then re-create an order a while back.

I just checked my order, made on June 18th, and it's still sitting at "Paid". (Or, "Pending", depending on what page you look at.)

A brief update on my Obutto cockpit. It arrived last week in fine shape. It's beefier than I had imagined. Very sturdy, and neatly welded. The seat is remarkably "authentic". Similar to the real racing seats in my car, just a bit flimsier. I took several pictures during the unpacking and assembly process, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested in seeing them. It looks like an Obutto cockpit. :D

op_ivy

Ding said:
A brief update on my Obutto cockpit. It arrived last week in fine shape. It's beefier than I had imagined. Very sturdy, and neatly welded. The seat is remarkably "authentic". Similar to the real racing seats in my car, just a bit flimsier. I took several pictures during the unpacking and assembly process, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested in seeing them. It looks like an Obutto cockpit. :D

i absolutely would. more impressions after extended use as well (maybe in the cokcpit thread so its easier to follow). i will likely get the obutto cockpit to replace my rennsport stand in a few years (when i can leave it out and always set up)

h3ro

m0dus, anyway we could get a Driver's side door shot of the GT-R? Looks like the art is a little different than the passenger side door.

By the way, the car looks absolutely AMAZING. VIP/LE was so worth it if this is the quality of what I'm going to be getting in my garage. :D

p3tran

Banned
woot! tommorow I'm taking a small trip (~90km) to get my cookie!!

I've learned for sure that one of the biggest retail chains in Greece just had 83 copies shipped to one of their big out-of-city warehouses.
so guess where I'm heading to! :D

I will also inform my Greek pips if we got shafted by microsoft on live DLC content and VIP status thingy in the L.E. or not.

sneaky77

p3tran said:

I've learned for sure that one of the biggest retail chains in Greece has 83 copies shipped to one of their big out-of-city warehouses.

I will also inform my Greek pips if we got shafted by microsoft on live DLC content and VIP status thingy in the L.E. or not.

If live is available on Greece you will be fine.. if it's not then probably no dlc

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Diablohead said:
wut :lol

To clarify:

Forza 1 - 30fps
Forza 2 - 60fps race, 30fps replay & menus
Forza 3 - 60fps race, 30fps replay, no idea what the menu runs at, 30 I think from the demo.

Really? I was under the assumption that Forza 2 was at 30fps during a race. I was somewhat questioning it given that it did appear to be 60fps. The GT and Eurogamer reviews seem to indicate that F3 had a framerate bump as well, but I must have confused them comparing it to NFS:Shift rather than Forza 2.

p3tran

Banned
sneaky77 said:
If live is available on Greece you will be fine.. if it's not then probably no dlc
live is not officially available yet, (its already been 7 years of ball-scratching) since microsoft is the biggest asshole in the world.

but it's not so simple. tommorow I will know if those scratch-me cards with the goodies are included in my Greek L.E.,
and on 23rd when hopefully my UK L.E. arrives, I will know if the content is region blocked.

MICROSOFT YOU ASSHOLE YOU!!

cant wait for tommorow!

sneaky77

p3tran said:
live is not officially available yet, (its already been 7 years of ball-scratching) since microsoft is the biggest asshole in the world.

but it's not so simple. tommorow I will know if those scratch-me cards with the goodies are included in my Greek L.E.,
and on 23rd when hopefully my UK L.E. arrives, I will know if the content is region blocked.

MICROSOFT YOU ASSHOLE YOU!!

cant wait for tommorow!

They are not.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
BCD2 said:
When in Season Play, does hitting Y (see pic) give a list of opponents their PI numbers? Even if you haven't yet started that event?

Screenshot.jpg

SOOOO glad they added a change car option from the event menu. REALLY hated having to back out of everything just to do that for different events in Forza 2.

p3tran

Banned
sneaky77 said:
They are not.
if you are not working for microsoft, dont tease me please.

I know that the african dudes already checked, and its not for them, but -unless you are from microsoft- we are still waiting to see for ourselves whats the deal here in Greece.

Sometimes I wonder why I am trying for that 1mil online achievement again for forza 2, I just got kicked out of a game because my lap time was too good and the host was worried LOL :lol

Can't wait for forza 3's matchmaking.

sneaky77

p3tran said:
if you are not working for microsoft, dont tease me please.

I know that the african dudes already checked, and its not for them, but -unless you are from microsoft- we are still waiting to see for ourselves whats the deal here in Greece.

I don't work for microsoft.. but if live is not officially in Greece then it would make no sense to release it there. Seems like it happens this way for all releases from what I read on the Forza official forums

Sometimes I wonder why I am trying for that 1mil online achievement again for forza 2, I just got kicked out of a game because my lap time was too good and the host was worried LOL

what an ass..

skybaby

p3tran said:

I've learned for sure that one of the biggest retail chains in Greece just had 83 copies shipped to one of their big out-of-city warehouses.

I'm pretty sure I'm importing this from the US as Brazilian Microsoft is bound to fuck up just like they did in Gears2 by not including A FUCKING KEY

Chrange

Banned
skybaby said:
I'm pretty sure I'm importing this from the US as Brazilian Microsoft is bound to fuck up just like they did in Gears2 by not including A FUCKING KEY

Isn't Xbox Live not available in Brazil?

Why would they include a key to unlock content via a service that's not offered there? Honestly, the complaints they'd get if they DID...

skybaby

I know that's the case. But they know people are on live and don't care since they could block it if they wanted. These damn discs ares printed on the same place, it's probably more complicated for them to split into key and no-key versions than doing only key versions.
Plus: it says on the local boxart, in plain fucking Portuguese, that you can play on live. And even the Brazilian xbox website shows 1-8 players.
Pathetic.

If anyone happens to work at the head office of Blockbuster UK, can you please send out an email / fax to branches stating that they are to sell F3 a week early?
That's all I ask. TIA.

A friend of mine already has the game, his friend works for some magazine or something.

I am jealous as fuck :p I mean, it's only a little more than a week before it's released, but shit, that's long still.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm not a big car sim fan as I prefer bikes but I'm really looking forward to this (mainly for the decal editor :lol ).

Quick question - is there a limit to how many created/downloaded designs you can have are you only limited by HDD space?

chespace said:

I love seeing these awesome reviews!

Not sure if you can answer this, but when did you guys decide to put the 2002 Trans Am in the game? I remember asking you maybe in july or august but you said there was no plans to put it in the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see that car list the other day. The only car that I've ever asked for in these racing games, finally came true. :D

SarBear

Lionheart1827 said:
I love seeing these awesome reviews!

Not sure if you can answer this, but when did you guys decide to put the 2002 Trans Am in the game? I remember asking you maybe in july or august but you said there was no plans to put it in the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see that car list the other day. The only car that I've ever asked for in these racing games, finally came true. :D

Yea, while the Trans Am is nice, I'm still waiting on the damn M6.

op_ivy

hgplayer1 said:
Ralph Lauren only or can I go to like Wal Mart and get one of those?

ralph lauren for sure. a wal-martie will do in a pinch, but really, you get what you pay for and after just a few harry laps around the 'ring and you'll be stretching out that faux-leather. plus, chicks dig RL. you wouldnt believe the chicks i've pulled sporting that thing, the ms wheel, and forza 2.

AMUSIX

op_ivy said:
ralph lauren for sure. a wal-martie will do in a pinch, but really, you get what you pay for and after just a few harry laps around the 'ring and you'll be stretching out that faux-leather. plus, chicks dig RL. you wouldnt believe the chicks i've pulled sporting that thing, the ms wheel, and forza 2.
WRONG

Chicks dig the Brooks Brothers Genuine Alligator Dress Belt
2ujpojl.jpg

if you're not paying over $800 for your belt to go along with that $50 wheel, they'll know. And it holds the MS Wheel so snugly to your thighs it's almost like having sex with an alligator. You could go with the tabbed version, but $1000 seems like overkill.

Benchmark High Speed Ring Pitpass:

Benchmark High Speed Ring is an over-the-top driving venue that offers a schizophrenic array of automotive challenges. There are 16 track configurations to burn rubber on: seven dedicated circuits (forward and reverse) and two dragstrips.

bm4.jpg

BM5.jpg

bm3.jpg

At 3.96 miles Benchmark’s huge oval, reminiscent of OEM test tracks with high-degree banking, is the longest in FM3. The facility was originally conceived as a top speed test venue. And the story could have stopped there but the track’s art lead Terrance Newell, a Forza community member an avid player saw the open space inside the super speedway as an opportunity to think outside the box. The genesis was Ken Block’s Gymkhana video. “We watched those Ken Block videos like every other day,” says Newell. “When I saw the Gymkhana Practice video I was like, wow, I want that. I want to be able to do that in our game.”

One of the coolest aspects of the track are the numerous inconspicuously placed drift obstacle/challenges Newell cleverly sprinkled throughout the facility for players to explore and utilize as they see fit. Further with the strategic placement of replay cameras Newell expects to see some wicked ‘Forzakhana’ videos come from Benchmark.

The strip at Benchmark is eight lanes wide with four sets of Christmas trees and no excuses.

Jube3

Dude 8 lane drag racing. The most fun Ive had in drag racing so far was doing the money challenge with BLKJ Evo. we built to E class cars and dragged em. I smoked him on the full mile but he destroyed me on the 1/4 lol

Top Bottom