• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3

MotorbreathX said:
Welp, I think I need to pick this game up again. Is it worth it for the VIP edition? Are they still out there?

It will be harder to find, you can pick up the VIP/motorlegends pack off of the marketplace for 800 points. If you've never had VIP before, you get a lot of cars from that combo (VIP is about 25?).

Jube3 said:
It will be harder to find, you can pick up the VIP/motorlegends pack off of the marketplace for 800 points. If you've never had VIP before, you get a lot of cars from that combo (VIP is about 25?).

Sweet. I was wondering if I could just buy into VIP. It seems I can! Will pick it up again.

My bro-in-law just let me borrow this yesterday. I'm hooked! Can't wait to try some ambitious things with the livery editor. :D :D :D

Also, where do you guys get your HQ caps from? The ones I DL from fm.net are really bad quality.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Coolio McAwesome said:
Check out this awesome Conan car. If you want it, a guy named "BusierDonkey" has it up in storefront.

TeamCoco1.jpg

TeamCocoSHO1.jpg

TeamCocoSHO2.jpg

TeamCocoSHO3.jpg

Team Coco forever!
Awesome, but shouldn't it be caked in dirt? :lol

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
The Summer Velocity Pack - Available June 8th on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 400 pts.

Car profiles and pics: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Summer_Velocity_Pack/

2010 Lotus Evora Type 124

2010 Ford Fusion Sport

2009 Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

2010 Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT

2010 Bertone Mantide

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

2010 Morgan Aero SuperSports

2010 Peugeot RCZ

2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG

2010 BMW Motorsport X6 M

OMG, more new cars!!! :p

G Rom

I have mixed feeling on this car pack. The RCZ, Evora, Morgan and SLK interest me but the other ones don't really get me excited.
Any word on what the free cars will be (DLC and gifted ones) ? Jube ?
What about the prices ?

I find it interesting (and great) though that Turn 10 add so many new manufacturers. Three more with this pack if you count Jeep separately (I find it weird to call it Chrysler Jeep.

BTW I was right on the Mazda 3 being the Mazdaspeed and the 308 being the RCZ !:D

I have finally bought the latest DLC Pack and because I found a new way to make maximum money each time I drive, I also bought the Nürburgring GP Track pack. Surprisingly, it's the Spyker that I said I didn't like that I ended up liking the most.

I have some photos and stitches that I didn't post, I'll post them later. :D

NeoGIF

cjelly said:
The Summer Velocity Pack - Available June 8th on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 400 pts.

Car profiles and pics: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Summer_Velocity_Pack/

2010 Lotus Evora Type 124

2010 Ford Fusion Sport

2009 Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

2010 Subaru Legacy B4 2.5GT

2010 Bertone Mantide

2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

2010 Morgan Aero SuperSports

2010 Peugeot RCZ

2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG

2010 BMW Motorsport X6 M

OMG, more new cars!!! :p

Christ, I officially cannont keep up with the amount of content in this game anymore! :lol

I have to say, though, some new locations via DLC would be nice.

Seanspeed

Banned
zorbsie said:
These car packs are great and all, but are we ever getting more tracks?
Tracks take a good amount of time to make. Not saying they're definitely making a track, just that if they are, this is why it would be taking so long.

Then again, I still dont understand why they dont redo some more Forza 1 tracks. They are fantasy tracks, so there's no travel and laser scanning or anything involved, and they are already designed, so that stage of the process is already done.

As for the car pack, its kinda 'meh', but thats just me. I'm very impressed that they're keeping up with the regular content like they are, though. I remember they said they 'planned' on doing a car pack a month, but many doubted their ability to follow through with such a claim, and its nice to see them acheiving what they wanted to acheive.

Wazzim

Banned
Bought the game recently, very late to the party I know but it's freaking awesome.
Love the DLC too =)

EDIT: Here 1 of my first pics
3321jqx.jpg

I finally got the "Solid Gold" achievement for a full 1000/1000. Originally, I had planned to do the entire career myself, but right around 90% completion, I broke down and let the AI driver finish the rest. Considering the sheer size of the career, it's a bit disappointing that there wasn't a massive credit reward or other commendation for completing it. Not even a "congratulations" from Peter Egan. :'(

Still an amazing game, though. Having put well over 200 hours behind the wheel, I can finally give the game a well deserved rest. :lol

G Rom

Here are the photos I didn't post :

4669689013_461cf06418.jpg

4670314586_42f19e5138.jpg

4670314692_a006ee55c1.jpg

4669689327_cee0b3647b.jpg

4669689411_cc5d56c6ed.jpg

4670315014_85184789d3.jpg

4670315126_c6760ff289.jpg

4670315222_ea5dd1a51e.jpg

4670315300_9d4016e635.jpg

4670315384_b95f89efbd.jpg

4670315484_b5c9cfc43e.jpg

4669690035_3bafb7c185.jpg

4669690129_1966cef8aa.jpg

And two stitch :
4669699789_cc83c6c9f7_b.jpg

4670325940_732c338a28_b.jpg

I have to say that I'm impressed by the quality of the Nürburgring GP track. It already looked good in the screens and videos but it looks even better when seeing it on TV.
The replay cameras are easily the best in the game and there are only two Forza Cam© (ie. unrealistic floating cam over the car). I really like the helicopter view which isn't locked on the car like the ones we have in the replay camera selection. Seeing the helicopter making rounds over the track would have been the icing on cake but I guess it would have been too much work to do. :D
My only grips with the track pack are the grass texture which could have been better and the price which I still think was more than it should have been considering the lack of career integration.

Congrats Spaceman on the 1000/1000, it's the only achievement I have left. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it as I'm only at 44% of the career and since I finished the season achievements, I've been mostly doing private AI races...

skyfinch

G Rom said:
I have to say that I'm impressed by the quality of the Nürburgring GP track. It already looked good in the screens and videos but it looks even better when seeing it on TV.
The replay cameras are easily the best in the game and there are only two Forza Cam© (ie. unrealistic floating cam over the car). I really like the helicopter view which isn't locked on the car like the ones we have in the replay camera selection. Seeing the helicopter making rounds over the track would have been the icing on cake but I guess it would have been too much work to do. :D
My only grips with the track pack are the grass texture which could have been better and the price which I still think was more than it should have been considering the lack of career integration.

Congrats Spaceman on the 1000/1000, it's the only achievement I have left. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it as I'm only at 44% of the career and since I finished the season achievements, I've been mostly doing private AI races...

Nice pics as usual.

Yeah, Nurburgring's replays are the best of any track. Before the game's release, this is what I thought all the replays on all the tracks would look like. Too bad.

Anyways, your 44% means you have a looooong way to go. :D Completing a single race of an event is like .1% or something like that. I remembering playing for hours and then checking my stats only to see that I didn't even make a dent in the overall percentage.
took me 120hours to finish career.

G Rom

Thanks ! :)

I think I have only the first two tiers completed entirely. :lol
There are things that I barely touched in career like the drag races which were a complete waste of development time if you ask me. :/
And there are things that just make me bail out of the event list like races on Fujimi Kaido or Positano...:lol

G Rom - you take some amazing pics!! More stitches would be nice :D

I wasn't too fussed about the new track until your description of it. Think I'll buy it now. ha

I'm amazed about the amount of car packs Forza's had, and more incoming..

G Rom

Thanks for the comment. :D

Stitches are great (still much worse than the real deal though) but take way too long to do. The Z4 one was made with 15 photos. While the time needed for saving was reduced since I whipped my old photo file, the download from FM.net is still awfully long. :/
That's why I do them sporadically...

Honestly, I've had a lot of fun on the GP track (in private AI races mind you). At first, it felt weird because I was used to the PGR and GRID versions which are much wider.
One thing I like is that the track is really bumpy in some parts. I wish those bumps were more graphically visible though. :D

I'll try to take more photos of the track tomorrow.

Jube3

Awesome stitches G Rom.

G Rom said:
I have mixed feeling on this car pack. The RCZ, Evora, Morgan and SLK interest me but the other ones don't really get me excited.
Any word on what the free cars will be (DLC and gifted ones) ? Jube ?
What about the prices ?

I find it interesting (and great) though that Turn 10 add so many new manufacturers. Three more with this pack if you count Jeep separately (I find it weird to call it Chrysler Jeep.

BTW I was right on the Mazda 3 being the Mazdaspeed and the 308 being the RCZ !:D

I have finally bought the latest DLC Pack and because I found a new way to make maximum money each time I drive, I also bought the Nürburgring GP Track pack. Surprisingly, it's the Spyker that I said I didn't like that I ended up liking the most.

I have some photos and stitches that I didn't post, I'll post them later. :D

The RCZ is the free sample car and yes there will be a gift car on Tuesday ('tis a secret). The Spyker is pretty awesome, my favorite car ended up being the Rossion Q1 though, an absolute beast in A-Class.

The car prices:
2010 Lotus Evora Type 124 - 200,000
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 38,000
2010 Ford Fusion Sport - 28,000
2010 Legacy Subaru 2.5B - 31,000
2010 Morgan Aero Supersport - 180,000
2010 Mercedes Benz SLK 55 AMG -44,000
2010 Bertone Mantide - 1,000,000 (2m dollar car IRL)
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 - 20,000
2010 BMW X6 M -84,000
2010 Peugeot 308 RCZ - 35,000

G Rom

Thanks. :)
I had seen all those info on FM.net but thanks anyway, I'm sure there are people here who didn't know them. :D

Anyway, fate has decided for me that I should get this DLC pack... for free. :lol
Looks like it was worth staying up way too late to participate in the twitter trivia and be randomly picked !:lol

Now to make credits again as I used my million when I bought some Exotic DLC cars. Thankfully the prices aren't really high this time and the only expensive car is the one I really don't care about. :D

Gravijah

So I finally have internet hooked up to my 360, and a 3 month gold card... any places I should start in regards to Forza 3?

Jube3

Gravijah said:
So I finally have internet hooked up to my 360, and a 3 month gold card... any places I should start in regards to Forza 3?

The storefront is like the apple app store for racing games :lol Go arounda and grab a bunch of free ones until you get settled in :D You can find most of the names below via the leaderboards or search.

Fantasy Designs (superhero,anime, movies etc)
I have a bunch of free ones (Ayo Jube)
M0dus - great videogame/anime paints
Phredesign - all free paints
littlevixen - great, great painting skills. She has an awesome Mass Effect collection up
KC Tigerfan

Race Replica Design -
AB Graphics
Dis Rotary
Armipotent Adam
DB9D9

Tuning
RSI Motorsports - grip leaderboard tunes
BLKJ Slaphappy - drift tunes
Raudi - grip tunes
Tuning AG Sales - grip tunes

Once you're garage has settled in you can hit the hoppers. I would suggest starting at multi-class racing. There is a solid mix of car choices and competition in there, and it's a good primer for the more competitive circuit hoppers (A-class). If you enjoy variety though, Multi-class is the place to be.

Jube3

Any Gaffers going to be in the LA area next week?

Turn 10 is looking for community members in the LA area to come to visit us at an E3 party celebrating the history of the Forza franchise and a peek at the future of racing games.

Come and meet members of Turn 10 (Dan Greenawalt and Che Chou), editors and designers in the auto industry, as well as fellow Forza players like yourself. So if you live in the LA area or will be in the area next week, send us and email at forzafb@microsoft.com. Only a select few will be able to participate in this event, but it will definitely be something those who make it will not forget.

If you are interested send your email to forzafb@microsoft.com, with the following information:

* SUBJECT: E3 FM3 EVENT
* Name:
* Gamertag:
* Phone:

Pardon my ignorance, but is there to get a higher quality saved photo than the ones found on fm.net? I'm trying to get some on my computer to post-process, but all of the jpg artifacts ruin the photos I've taken.

G Rom

RJNavarrete said:
Pardon my ignorance, but is there to get a higher quality saved photo than the ones found on fm.net? I'm trying to get some on my computer to post-process, but all of the jpg artifacts ruin the photos I've taken.

No way to get higher quality except if you have an HD capture card. Even stitching still has those horrible artifacts.
It was discussed and argued to death but Che put a rest to all this a while ago by saying that they won't do anything to improve quality.
Now, our only hope is that the-game-which-shall-not-be-named ships before Forza 4 to make Microsoft realize how important having super high-res lossless photos is...

twinturbo2 said:
When are they going to add some not-so-recent cars to the game through the magic of DLC?

The second Jalopnik car pack is supposed to go out in the summer so one of the next three DLC should be this one.

G Rom

I received my code yesterday (thanks again Jube/Turn 10 !:D ), so I took some photos of the SLK55 today :

4684871604_460d332f7e_b.jpg

The front looks really weird here, no there's no painting involved at all...
4684871706_40f3d6c59b_b.jpg

4684237583_e64d4cb7b4_b.jpg

4684280207_e905e665d1_b.jpg

4684280285_2099c6d78f_b.jpg

A small stitch :
4684280907_9e84629037_b.jpg

I'll have to make some photos of the Evora and the Morgan. Speaking of the Morgan, it has to be one of the best car in the game technically. The model is impressive (particularly the front grille) and the sound is just pure awesomeness to hear !:D

thundr51

Wow, this pack just snuck up on me. If it wasn't for the lotus I probably wouldn't have picked this one up but at 400 space bucks why not...

I'm not that impressed with the pack this time around. I bought all the previous ones, because there were always three or four cars I really wanted. This time it's only the Peugeot RCZ that I like, which is free, so I downloaded that.

Persuade me Jube, I believe that's your job now.

BTW, I got the most beautiful message on my Xbox last week where someone thanked me for our UP car. His son, who was very ill, loved UP and Forza and when he saw our collaboration it made him so happy, he only drove with that specific car for a week. So touching. :)

G Rom

I have to say I probably wouldn't have bought this pack either.
Anyway, I still haven't tried the Bertone, Fusion, Legacy and Mazda but here are my impressions on the cars I tried :

Lotus Evora : An absolute blast, it looks great and drives great and it's the gift car so saving 200,000 Cr. in the process !:D

Jeep Grand Cherokee : It enormous but damn this thing is fast in its stock configuration. I would be scared to be in a car this fast which is so high above the ground. Oh and no offense but the interior screams American cars, it's like going back in the 90's. :lol

Morgan Aero : See a few post above, one of the best car of the game technically and it's fun to drive stock as it slides just enough to be manageable.

SLK 55 : It looks good, sounds good and again, is fun to drive because of the rear sliding just enough.

X6 M : The model is accurate as it's as ugly as its real counterpart...:lol At least the sound is great.

RC-Z : Tried only stock and I thought it was really fun to drive. And contrary to many

Just going back in my post history, it's the cars that interested me which I end up having fun with. I'll have to try the other cars. It's a shame that Ford couldn't make a better rear on the Fusion as the front looks nice IMO. It's like the designer did the front and let his 4 year old child finish the rear. :lol

That's a nice story Luigi. I Hope the child had fun. :)

zorbsie

G Rom said:
Lotus Evora : An absolute blast, it looks great and drives great and it's the gift car so saving 200,000 Cr. in the process !:D

Will I get that if I don't buy the car pack but am a VIP?

TheOddOne

Popped in the game today, its been a while since I played it. MW2 keeps sucking me in :/

I use be able to handle the Koenigsegg CCGT, but now I had to use the rewind button a couple of times :lol

2lasqs9.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
G Rom said:
I received my code yesterday (thanks again Jube/Turn 10 !:D ), so I took some photos of the SLK55 today :

4684871604_460d332f7e_b.jpg

The front looks really weird here, no there's no painting involved at all...
4684871706_40f3d6c59b_b.jpg

4684237583_e64d4cb7b4_b.jpg

4684280207_e905e665d1_b.jpg

4684280285_2099c6d78f_b.jpg

A small stitch :
4684280907_9e84629037_b.jpg

I'll have to make some photos of the Evora and the Morgan. Speaking of the Morgan, it has to be one of the best car in the game technically. The model is impressive (particularly the front grille) and the sound is just pure awesomeness to hear !:D
How do you get such good quality shots?

Fucking JPG compression. -_-

G Rom

The shots I posted aren't in 720p so that helps. The fact there are almost no red helps too and finally my recent shots are heavily blurred. Oh and the stitch helps on the last SLK shot.

Here are some new photos I took these past days :

4690953466_5b3c3fe044_b.jpg

4690953558_6668fa0d08_b.jpg

4690953900_b6fd67a507_b.jpg

4690954098_10bf598ab9_b.jpg

Some Le Mans shots in celebration of the 24h :
4690954212_083a90638d_b.jpg

4690320415_d378c2f80c_b.jpg

4690954614_4dff693135_b.jpg

Exclusively, the R16 prototype in action. 6 wheels, 2 engines, 2 pilots, 1 middle and 1 rear spoiler !:lol
4690320317_c24872e849_b.jpg

Finally, this game can look so nice when it wants to :
4690321467_124834d993_b.jpg

4690321663_b3eccb3563_b.jpg

4690955426_13f0742c2a_b.jpg

4690954984_61f3235257_b.jpg

As for Turn10 announcing something, the fact that they are at E3 for a party is suspicious to say the least, especially the part which mentions "a peek into the future of racing games"...:D

G Rom

As I said before, I'm not totally sold on Turn 10 doing PGR. I hope there are huge fans there that know what a PGR is all about. I mean, I don't care about seeing tire flex or any other physics geeks' stuff in a PGR.

For me, PGR is all about great gameplay, great cars, great cities and awesome visuals. Honestly I don't even care if the game is 60 fps or 30 fps but it needs to be at least on par with PGR4 visually (that includes the aliasing part).

I do hope that they can wow me and deliver though. It's just that except for Forza 1, the other two had visual/esthetic flaws which made them look much worse than what they should have look.

Edit : Posting for new page, self promotion FTW !:lol

G Rom said:
The shots I posted aren't in 720p so that helps. The fact there are almost no red helps too and finally my recent shots are heavily blurred. Oh and the stitch helps on the last SLK shot.

Here are some new photos I took these past days :

4690953466_5b3c3fe044_b.jpg

4690953558_6668fa0d08_b.jpg

4690953900_b6fd67a507_b.jpg

4690954098_10bf598ab9_b.jpg

Some Le Mans shots in celebration of the 24h :
4690954212_083a90638d_b.jpg

4690320415_d378c2f80c_b.jpg

4690954614_4dff693135_b.jpg

Exclusively, the R16 prototype in action. 6 wheels, 2 engines, 2 pilots, 1 middle and 1 rear spoiler !:lol
4690320317_c24872e849_b.jpg

Finally, this game can look so nice when it wants to :
4690321467_124834d993_b.jpg

4690321663_b3eccb3563_b.jpg

4690955426_13f0742c2a_b.jpg

4690954984_61f3235257_b.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i tthink sales for both the pgr series and the rsc series were not all that great... if MS, or turn 10, is reinventing them, i'd imagine it will be part of a massive forza 4 with racing (forza-ish), street racing (pgr-ish), and rally (rsc-ish) much like GT does with its different aspects of racing.

by the way, when is the japolink car pack with the 037 releasing? its the only car pack i'll buy and i need to get the in game Cr ready to purchase multiple copies of my favorite lancia for each class :)

G Rom

You might to focus on the front of the car so that it doesn't look blurry. It's the X button (when the settings pop-up isn't on, otherwise it will take all your settings to default. :D ).

Edit : Like I said a while back, the second Jalopnik car pack is supposed to be out this summer so expect it in the coming months.

-viper-

Banned
Finally got this game. Here is what I think

+ Driving model. I like it. Nice to drive. Fun game.
+ Sound. Great engine sounds!
+ Accessibility. My little brother (who couldn't complete a lap on Gran Turismo) is able to complete races without any problems with all the assists.
+ Menu music.
+ Sense of speed

- slightly underwhelmed with the graphics. Slightly jaggy too.
- Cockpit view camera too close. Feels weird to drive in cockpit view.
- HDD installation. Why aren't all the tracks on disc? They should've just taken out the crappy cars from the first disc and put them on the second instead of taking out the tracks! I got no HDD with my 360 so this sucks.

Overall, it's a good game. I like it.

BTW, how do I use custom soundtracks? Also, will the custom soundtrack only play in game or will it override the menu music as well? I'd prefer the former!

skyfinch

-viper- said:
Finally got this game. Here is what I think

+ Driving model. I like it. Nice to drive. Fun game.
+ Sound. Great engine sounds!
+ Accessibility. My little brother (who couldn't complete a lap on Gran Turismo) is able to complete races without any problems with all the assists.
+ Menu music.
+ Sense of speed

- slightly underwhelmed with the graphics. Slightly jaggy too.
- Cockpit view camera too close. Feels weird to drive in cockpit view.
- HDD installation. Why aren't all the tracks on disc? They should've just taken out the crappy cars from the first disc and put them on the second instead of taking out the tracks! I got no HDD with my 360 so this sucks.

Overall, it's a good game. I like it.

BTW, how do I use custom soundtracks? Also, will the custom soundtrack only play in game or will it override the menu music as well? I'd prefer the former!

If you go into your profile under mulitplayer (or multiscreen, can't remember), you can change the cockpit FOV. I use 80degrees, which is similar to most racing games out there. By default, the camera is a bit too close.

As for custom soundtrack, you have to hit the "guide" button, move over to the music tab and go from there. Music overrides the menu, as I recall. Make a play list from there.

Top Bottom