• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

dejay

Banned
Loving the amount of freebies and such with preorders and the CE. Getting some great community involvement is a big plus. Another reason to consider FM3 as definitive, at least in the community aspect.

p3tran

Banned
chespace said:
Sorry, reposting for the new page:

For those of you with Forza Motorsport 3 preorder receipts (from any country):

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...orza-motorsport-3-pre-order-car-giveaway.aspx

The free cars:

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

Che, I guess that even means GREECE? :)

If so, I have receipts and everything, they're in Greek of course, but "FORZA MOTORSPORT 3 Limited Edition" should be in English.

edit:

just checked my receipt and LOL, it says "Forza MOTORSTORM 3 (xbox) Limited edt. "
lololololol hope thats not a problem.or should I redeem my cars from the playstation store? :D

p3tran said:
dude, I have xboxlive since 2002, I'm on your friedds list :lol

I can understand how microsoft has made this "support" thing confusing not only for me, but for everybody else too.

hell, I am willing to bet that even microsoft xbox live team itself dont realise what the've done and whats the situation and how it really works for "unsupported" countries.
microsoft are dumbass :lol

so, to topic, if I have lets say a live gold account, and my gamertag is petran, and I send this receipt+info, am I ok?
I think chespace may have been responding to Anony, but I could be wrong. Or maybe he didn't get the PlayStation Store joke?

h3ro

That Crackdown 2 livery looked great on the GT-R, why the change?!

Also, anyone realize that we'll have quite the stable for career mode beyond the initial Ford Fiesta or Toyota Yaris we start with just because of all these wonderful Pre-Launch contests and give-aways?

We've already got that sweet Zune Audi DTM A4, followed by these 3 cars, a Camaro, M3 and another R8 to go along with the other custom liveried R8 we get at launch via d/l code. That's not even mentioning all the LE cars.

Still though, would have been awesome to have a SuperGT GT-R ready to go from the start. :p

m0dus, that ZOE livery looks amazing so far. Any plans to add a darker type gradient across the front, similar to how the Crackdown 2 livery looked across grill and hood?

AMUSIX

Che...
so...for those cars....do I just show you my invoice? I don't exactly have a receipt from my distributor until stock is shipped.

there are some advantages to being a store owner...and then there are disadvantages.

Doodis

Wow, Che, these pre-order cars are a great way to give back to the Forza community.

Glad we've got some talented designers here on GAF to make such awesome liveries. And glad I pre-ordered my copy. :)

phil_t

Banned
So,

With the 'ban-hammer'...

People are expecting due to the Postal Strike in the UK that they may get their on-line copies a day or possibly two early..

Does this mean that if they receive it a day early and pop it in the drive they get banned, or has the 'wave' just been done now to clear the way etc?

And what about P3Tran? He posted pics of his Legit copy, but the lucky SOB got it early, I hope he hasn't been banned.. I think it's the retailers fault if it's released early, and not the individual?

sneaky77

phil_t said:
So,

With the 'ban-hammer'...

People are expecting due to the Postal Strike in the UK that they may get their on-line copies a day or possibly two early..

Does this mean that if they receive it a day early and pop it in the drive they get banned, or has the 'wave' just been done now to clear the way etc?

And what about P3Tran? He posted pics of his Legit copy, but the lucky SOB got it early, I hope he hasn't been banned.. I think it's the retailers fault if it's released early, and not the individual?

They know what copies are legit and which aren't, if you purchased it legally you're not in trouble.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
sneaky77 said:
Does it have to be a pic or can I scan it? Also, is it a problem if is a receipt of a paid in full order?

Scan is fine. Write your name on the receipt or email confirmation that you've printed.

Gowans

sneaky77 said:
They know what copies are legit and which aren't, if you purchased it legally you're not in trouble.
Yeah I'm fine too with the shop copy I'm borrowing for the weekend. Sure P3trans the same.

I'm guessing they must know as they are starting to get to retail now in UK/EU & know the difference.

Been hammering it before I give it back & I could not be more of a supporter of t10s desision with rewind. It's let me use less assists and remove the line and acutally learn the tracks better, understanding breakpoints, corners etc by learning myself instead of blindly following a line.

Such a time saver, the giant bomb review says it perfectly where it's more like a improvement of respawn/checkpoints than level restarts.

I think it will really work for getting a new/wider audience to play & enjoy the campaign on racing games.

Also I'm so broke in the game, the store fronts are too good.

T10 have out done themselves I'm gona try & force everyone to get this so I can have some great online sessions, it's going to be hard giving it back tomorrow & waiting just a few days for me LE.

/emailing order & gamertag for goodies right now! ;)

Iknos

I've got quite a few pre-orders in place because of the EB screwjob I mentioned in the last thread. I think I have all of them in my wallet so this won't be an issue.

Funny thing is that when the release date hits all these places will see our receipts with our GamerTags on them and wonder what the hell is going on LOL

dejay said:
Loving the amount of freebies and such with preorders and the CE. Getting some great community involvement is a big plus.

In a way this is a taste of what's to come for VIPers.

It's great that T10 is doing this giveaway for anyone getting the game at this point.

I'm sure that going through all the emails and adding GTags manually could probably get tedious as compared to sending stuff out to VIPs which will probably be all organized on T10's databases.

I really hope I get an LCE!

JardeL

Hajaz said:
LOL

banned1y.png

not me btw
Hmm, interesting. Seems like a 1-week ban.

This is what I saw on another forum ;

2n9dhxh.jpg

This is permanent. I'd like to know why one is 1-week only while the other one is permanent.

AMUSIX

Those are entertaining...truly. Too bad I don't read many other forums..would be fun to see all this go down.

Also, Che, what would you suggest for me as far as those preorder cars go? My 'preorder' is just my store's allocation from the distributor.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
AMUSIX said:
Those are entertaining...truly. Too bad I don't read many other forums..would be fun to see all this go down.

Also, Che, what would you suggest for me as far as those preorder cars go? My 'preorder' is just my store's allocation from the distributor.

That's fine. Take a pic. Write yer gamertag on it.

Iknos

AMUSIX said:

Though it may seem lame can't you just pre-order it from yourself? You can sell it at a discount too because you would lose money from taxes if you paid full price plus taxes.

AMUSIX

chespace said:
That's fine. Take a pic. Write yer gamertag on it.
Heh, I'll get creative and print up the digital order listing, I guess...or I could do what Iknos suggested...I think I'll just preorder the game for ten cents...paid in full :)

Lucius86

Banned
I took a print screen of my email pre-order confirmation - opened up MS paint for my GT and job done :D

Turn10 are seriously becoming one of my most respected developers - giving to the community in this way is so so awesome :D :D

S1kkZ

@che: i only have a (german) confirmation e-mail of my pre-order (online store).
can i still send it to you guys? and: i have no printer here, can i take a photo of the screen, with the e-mail on it?

BlinkGT

Fantasmo said:
A bit disappointing in that only being banned until the EU official release date...
It says 1 week but it's a permanent ban. It was the same message with ODST (9/18/2009), but the ban continues after the date.

Iknos

p3tran said:
fuck yeah!!!

ayojubeironman_129.jpg

jube you rock man!!! :D

I got a question about those rumble strips. I saw a video and it looked like when a car went over them they acted like quicksand instead of actual rumble strips that would rock your suspension. Is that the case? It was an offscreen cam and so I couldn't really see that clearly.

chespace said:
For those of you with Forza Motorsport 3 preorder receipts (from any country):

I'm from Germany and I preordered the game online. Is it possible to make a screen shot of my account/order history and send it to you?

Jube3

Iknos said:
I got a question about those rumble strips. I saw a video and it looked like when a car went over them they acted like quicksand instead of actual rumble strips that would rock your suspension. Is that the case? It was an offscreen cam and so I couldn't really see that clearly.

No they dont slow you down that much, a little but not quicksand. There is sand on road america that stops you in your tracks but its on a set of corners that would be driven in a straight line through sand if not for that.

The strips on some tracks are high enough to spin you out, the plates in sebring can too as they cause your suspension to go all nuts. Theres slowdown or different sliding like the cobble stones can in Rally or amalfi. In iberra they slow you down a bit (different style of bumps) but not like quicksand.

The worse that I've seen and it can happen from the bumps is a spin out or worse a roll over. You can 2 wheel on those things.

Fortinbras said:
I'm from Germany and I preordered the game online. Is it possible to make a screen shot of my account/order history and send it to you?
Someone on the FM.net forums said that screen shots do not work/count, so it's best to print it off and hold it up to a camera.

p3tran

Banned
nice eye iknos. those red strips are in ladera -which is VERY wide btw- and they are well outside (>3m) of the edge of the track.

r5_ladera597.jpg

so, the only way your ass is running on those red strips is that you wanna cheat your way into some shortcut.
And since the "!" alone wont stop you from winning an online race shortcutting, this does ;)

see pic below to understand the wideness of the track:
r5_ladera2215.jpg

In general, T10 has taken a lot of steps to ensure even less cheating this time.
some things I cannot understand yet (sometimes I get an "!" for no apparent reason wtf?!?), but overall those that are interested in leaderboarding will find many improvements :)

edit: and sorry for the craptastic quality of pics :p

I just realised there is only 6 days until the europe release, wooooooooooop

I hope blockbuster works something out then using royal mail, their strike starts this thursday-friday time.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I have sent my picture to the Turn10 email to get those gorgeous cars, and I must thank Jube and m0dus for their efforts in making them.

Thanks che for the heads up.

Eversynth

I have a question:
If I want to play the game with a multi-monitor setup, apart from the #N copies of the game, do I need to install the second disk on all the 360s? What about any DLC? Do I need to buy (or download the free ones) a copy for every 360?

Eversynth said:
I have a question:
If I want to play the game with a multi-monitor setup, apart from the #N copies of the game, do I need to install the second disk on all the 360s? What about any DLC? Do I need to buy (or download the free ones) a copy for every 360?
I would say yes, as each screen is it's own game running, the main screen is the host but the others will need the same content to show it up otherwise you are going to find 100 of those cars will just be ghosts or something on the side screens. As for dlc tracks I would think you need them on every 360 also.

Top Bottom