• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

p3tran said:
(sometimes I get an "!" for no apparent reason wtf?!?)
This is pretty common in races for some reason. Seems most people believe that it's caused by your car bottoming out in places and it registering as an impact. I've had it happen on straights with no other cars around me... it is very strange.

KHarvey16

Psychotext said:
This is pretty common in races for some reason. Seems most people believe that it's caused by your car bottoming out in places and it registering as an impact. I've had it happen on straights with no other cars around me... it is very strange.

Me too. I've even seen the "!" carry over once I cross the start line. I'll draft or hit something and then when I cross it stays put. Would be interesting to know everything that triggers it.

Also, the red strips on the outside of the Ladera track will really stop you quickly.

Jube3

KHarvey16 said:
Me too. I've even seen the "!" carry over once I cross the start line. I'll draft or hit something and then when I cross it stays put. Would be interesting to know everything that triggers it.

Also, the red strips on the outside of the Ladera track will really stop you quickly.

I think I remember one of the BLKJ guys talking about drafting giving you that mark, I guess its there to prevent people from using it to cheese the leaderboards?

KHarvey16

Jube3 said:
I think I remember one of the BLKJ guys talking about drafting giving you that mark, I guess its there to prevent people from using it to cheese the leaderboards?

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the drafting causing it. What I mean is, it persists even after completing the lap.

KHarvey16 said:
Oh yeah, I'm aware of the drafting causing it. What I mean is, it persists even after completing the lap.
Drafting over the line to carry speed into the following lap is what probably causes it, a clean time lap should be done when alone anyway (which raises the question of the car going bottom out and getting a penalty problem)

phil_t

Banned
KHarvey16 said:

I could imagine if you drafted/got pushed onto the start/finish straight and got a speed advantage going accross the line to start the next lap that would be unfair, I wonder if they have some extra rules in force about any invalid actions close to the start/finish carry over to the next lap?

[edit] DOH! Beaten to it!...

KHarvey16

Diablohead said:
Drafting over the line to carry speed into the following lap is what probably causes it, a clean time lap should be done when alone anyway (which raises the question of the car going bottom out and getting a penalty problem)

Well, it happens even when I'm out in front away from everyone. Say I hit a wall midway through a lap. On occasion I'll finish the lap and that little "!" will stick around on the next. I'll try to keep a good eye on it to see if I notice anything in particular, but it's been something I've tried to pay attention to. I get the feeling like others are suggesting it's some rule I'm violating that's causing it so it's probably just a matter of keeping track of what I'm doing.

erahk64

New pics from Fanatec factory, they will start shipping Turbo S wheels on monday.

CIMG8558.jpg

CIMG8544.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
erahk64 said:
New pics from Fanatec factory, they will start shipping Turbo S wheels on monday.

CIMG8558.jpg

CIMG8544.jpg

where are you guys getting your updates? i'm curious to the status of the rennsport stands. i dont see any mention that they are out of stock on the site now, but my tatus has not been updated from pending

blanky

op_ivy said:
where are you guys getting your updates? i'm curious to the status of the rennsport stands. i dont see any mention that they are out of stock on the site now, but my tatus has not been updated from pending

Still says its out of stock here link I wish they had given us a preciser time window =/

Doodis

Diablohead said:
Wait, what? Pardon my noobish ignorance, but if you're drafting behind another car, it's considered "dirty" racing?

blanky

Doodis said:
Wait, what? Pardon my noobish ignorance, but if you're drafting behind another car, it's considered "dirty" racing?

no it's not dirty. But it kinda cheats your lap time since you need another car to help you to reach that time.

I read in one of the reviews that you do not have to do the career to unlock the cars. You can do time trails/free run with any car on any track as soon as you put the game in. Since Che doesn't like replying to my questions, can anyone confirm!?

KHarvey16

Ultimo hombre said:
I read in one of the reviews that you do not have to do the career to unlock the cars. You can do time trails/free run with any car on any track as soon as you put the game in. Since Che doesn't like replying to my questions, can anyone confirm!?

Confirmed.

amar212

Ultimo hombre said:

And you can use all "stock" cars from the beginning of the gane in online too.

BTW For all the early adopters - have you manage to find "original" Time-Trial races?

They are in the game, but very well "hidden" in the Leaderboard part of Storefront (you can't access them if offline respectfuly).

You can easily miss them because there is no separate "graphics" to tell you "Hey, this are dedicated Time Trial races, come on in, participate".

THere are around 15 tracks with different dedicated cars attached, aas in previous games.

Just to let you know.

amar212 said:
And you can use all "stock" cars from the beginning of the gane in online too.

BTW For all the early adopters - have you manage to find "original" Time-Trial races?

They are in the game, but very well "hidden" in the Leaderboard part of Storefront (you can't access them if offline respectfuly).

You can easily miss them because there is no separate "graphics" to tell you "Hey, this are dedicated Time Trial races, come on in, participate".

THere are around 15 tracks with different dedicated cars attached, aas in previous games.

Just to let you know.

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy those time trails with a pre determined car. Makes for good leaderboards and competition amongst friends.

I'm getting "This feature has been disabled" when trying to collect my credits from the store front... is this deliberate? I could get my credits before and I have like 470k trapped in limbo!

blanky

APZonerunner said:
I'm getting "This feature has been disabled" when trying to collect my credits from the store front... is this deliberate? I could get my credits before and I have like 470k trapped in limbo!

Yeah they want to eliminate pirates, so they freezed it for now.

APZonerunner said:
At least you will have a bit of pocket come launch day :lol

Iknos

Jube3 said:
No they dont slow you down that much, a little but not quicksand. There is sand on road america that stops you in your tracks but its on a set of corners that would be driven in a straight line through sand if not for that.

The strips on some tracks are high enough to spin you out, the plates in sebring can too as they cause your suspension to go all nuts. Theres slowdown or different sliding like the cobble stones can in Rally or amalfi. In iberra they slow you down a bit (different style of bumps) but not like quicksand.

The worse that I've seen and it can happen from the bumps is a spin out or worse a roll over. You can 2 wheel on those things.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear thanks!

p3tran said:
so, the only way your ass is running on those red strips is that you wanna cheat your way into some shortcut.
And since the "!" alone wont stop you from winning an online race shortcutting, this does ;)

Perfect.

KHarvey16 said:

Like quicksand though? That's what I was worried about.

If it stops you by rocking your car and your lowered chassis is rubbing against it I can understand that...

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
APZonerunner said:

Yes, due to pirates, unsavory pre-release players, and switching from beta servers to production servers, we will be doing a "cleanse" of our storefront and auction house database in the next couple days.

Everyone may lose some escrowed credits in the process. If you're a pirate or unsavory type, you will be perm banned on a couple different levels (gamertag and box). Those whom we've sent discs out to should not worry.

I'll have a full bulletin about this on Forzamtorsport.net in the next day or so. Stay tuned.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
chespace said:
Yes, due to pirates, unsavory pre-release players, and switching from beta servers to production servers, we will be doing a "cleanse" of our storefront and auction house database in the next couple days.

Everyone may lose some escrowed credits in the process. If you're a pirate or unsavory type, you will be perm banned on a couple different levels (gamertag and box). Those whom we've sent discs out to should not worry.

I'll have a full bulletin about this on Forzamtorsport.net in the next day or so. Stay tuned.
"unsavory" pre-relase players? That doesn't sound very nice (Them, not you). As for pirates, well, banning is too good for them. It's a shame that remote detonation of consoles is illegal, otherwise you'd have a much better anti-piracy method.

chespace said:

Ahh, cool stuff. That's all good. I'm a legit promo player thanks to MS PR, so I'm cool. Hope I don't lose too much of my uncollected credits though! I am curious how they tell 'them' from 'us', though... but I'm sure that's not public informaton.

h3ro

Turn10 Twitter said:
Pirates and illegitimate pre-release players will be bummed. Forever.

Cold blooded justice.

Serves them right.

Che, just wanted to double check, but for those 3 preorder cars, it's OK to send a scan (my camera sucks) of my Gamestop receipt with my gamertag written on it, right?

phil_t

Banned
If some people managed to blag a legit copy of the game early, it sounds like they will get perma banned...

If so, I dont see that as being fair, with no explicit warning it would seem harsh, and a bit mean IMO. Of course peg legged individuals deserve it, but for legit copies, you would think a warning would be more appropraite, and in future a temporary ban until release would seem more workable...

Some clarity would be nice...

DarkJC

What's the difference between an illegitimate pre-release player and a pirate? Sounds like illegitimate means anyone you didn't send a promo early copy to...in which case, what about people who bought from stores that broke street date?

Hopefully I'll get my copy in 5 days,Cannot wait.
I even signed back up for gold membership for this,Just hope I have the discipline to not use rewind :lol

Iknos

phil_t said:
If some people managed to blag a legit copy of the game early, it sounds like they will get perma banned...

If so, I dont see that as being fair, with no explicit warning it would seem harsh, and a bit mean IMO. Of course peg legged individuals deserve it, but for legit copies, you would think a warning would be more appropraite, and in future a temporary ban until release would seem more workable...

Some clarity would be nice...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176529

People who actually bought a legit title are alright.

nib95

Banned
Che, just double checking, I'm not going to get banned right? Posted photo's of my copy earlier on in the thread (review/promo copy). It's because of me this game will be getting either a 4.5 or a 5 out of 5 in a specific outlet. Haven't spent enough time with the game for a proper evaluation yet though.

I love how Turn10 takes no bullshit, kick those pirates in the balls, then kick them again for good measure :lol

I just hope you don't ban anyone who doesn't deserve it, must be tricky to work out.

Yoritomo

DarkJC said:
What's the difference between an illegitimate pre-release player and a pirate? Sounds like illegitimate means anyone you didn't send a promo early copy to...in which case, what about people who bought from stores that broke street date?

A very specific copy was distributed online. They know which one. They just have to ban anyone playing that one. The copy wasn't retail which is why people who have a retail copy do not have to worry.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Diablohead said:
I love how Turn10 takes no bullshit, kick those pirates in the balls, then kick them again for good measure :lol

I just hope you don't ban anyone who doesn't deserve it, must be tricky to work out.

Mistaken bans can always be reversed so it isn't the end of the world. But yeah, we have much more control over our online components this time around. There will be no escape from the all-seeing eye in the database. :D

abrasion

Banned
chespace said:

Banning the box AND the tag? I'm a bit surprised by this, is it a new policy?
I thought MS preferred to ban just the box and let them keep the tag (as they are clearly a paying customer in some respects) - also since they can re-assume their identity they buy another 360 and remain 'loyal' customers due to their addiction to gamerscore.

FWIW it doesn't affect me, mine isn't mod'd and I don't have live either!

Top Bottom