• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

gillty

Banned
NeoGIF said:
So damn cool that you guys are doing this. :D
pretty damn cool... not only do you have to buy the LM edition to get the VIP membership in order to get all the cars on the disk & a few cool liveries you also have to preorder and fill gamestops coffers to get more liveries.

shouldn't these cars be sent to everyone with VIP ? (awesome jube and m0dus liveries are what I want with VIP) I know for a fact I'll be able to walk into a certain store and pick up the limited edition, but yet I loose out because I refuse to keep gamestop happy.

Iknos said:
Are you sure? Couldn't you gift cars to Silver members in FM2? I'm not sure so that's why I'm asking. I've always held the belief that you could.
I quote that url page:

Official Contest Rules and Submission Instructions

You must be an Xbox LIVE gold member to participate

Senua

kemalettin said:
http://i38.tinypic.com/acfqqe.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2ih9wuu.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/5y9kqf.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/33pegkn.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/27xklzr.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/14sdu2p.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/2iad00z.jpg[/im][/QUOTE]
what degrees is your fov

HoTHiTTeR

Valru said:
pretty damn cool... not only do you have to buy the LM edition to get the VIP membership in order to get all the cars on the disk & a few cool liveries you also have to preorder and fill gamestops coffers to get more liveries.

shouldn't these cars be sent to everyone with VIP ? (awesome jube and m0dus liveries are what I want with VIP) I know for a fact I'll be able to walk into a certain store and pick up the limited edition, but yet I loose out because I refuse to keep gamestop happy.

...so basically you're mad about giving Gamestop a $10 interest-free loan for 9 days?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Iknos said:
Are you sure? Couldn't you gift cars to Silver members in FM2? I'm not sure so that's why I'm asking. I've always held the belief that you could.

After a while they revoked the ability for Silver members to gift and recieve cars. So some would be stuck unreceived and essentially lost. Happened to me.

gillty

Banned
HoTHiTTeR said:
...so basically you're mad about giving Gamestop a $10 interest-free loan for 9 days?
why should I? I thought the whole point of getting VIP was to get these awesome liveries along with a few other great cars already on the disk

KaYotiX

Banned
Gotta love the ppl who hate to pre-order........never understood the hate, I'll be damned if I have to drive all over town to find my game if it's not at my fav stores.

HoTHiTTeR

Valru said:
why should I? I thought the whole point of getting VIP was to get these awesome liveries along with a few other great cars already on the disk

That's far from the "whole point". VIP is more than a couple great cars on a disk; It's weekly gifts from T10. It's specialized setups of vehicles tailored for specific challenges. It's Auction House priority, it's cool liveries that they build/see/license/whatever and then re-gift to the VIP community. VIP is all about keeping those who eat/breathe/sleep Forza Motorsport equipped to dominate.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Valru said:

We're going to be giving VIP members other gift cars. What's the problem?

Zinthar

Pre-order it from Amazon.com. Unlike Gamespot, they won't take your money before they ship the game to you, and you can get release date deliver if you're an Amazon prime member. Plus most games end up being $50 w/ free shipping and no tax if you have Prime and the ECA 10% discount.

And the biggest plus: no pushy Gamespot salesperson to try to get you to pre-order 18 other games when you go to pick up your game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Zinthar said:
Pre-order it from Amazon.com. Unlike Gamespot, they won't take your money before they ship the game to you, and you can get release date deliver if you're an Amazon prime member. Plus most games end up being $50 w/ free shipping and no tax if you have Prime and the ECA 10% discount.

And the biggest plus: no pushy Gamespot salesperson to try to get you to pre-order 18 other games when you go to pick up your game.

Gamestop. Maybe its just me but the pre-order pressuring NEVER happens, out of all the games I've bought from them. Although this is EB Games I'm talking about, but they're all the same down in the US apparently.

Sysgen

chespace said:
For those of you with Forza Motorsport 3 preorder receipts (from any country):

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...orza-motorsport-3-pre-order-car-giveaway.aspx

The free cars:

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

You must be an Xbox LIVE gold member to participate.

Why should Gold have anything to do with this? Just so you know this reads like a big FU to anyone who pre-ordered and isn't gold. Great community relations.

HooYaH said:
I think the problem is exclusivity of the LE for Gamestop.

So like are people pissed at Che? I doubt T10 had long involved meetings as to how to handle the LE and they came to the conclusion that GS was the perfect fit. Clearly a high level publisher decision.

And this isn't LE exclusive. It's for anyone who preordered the game. It's actually a reward for anyone, not just VIPs.

And as for Gold, well, I don't understand. How were people expecting to get the card gifted to them? Auction House and Storefront is Gold only.

Yoritomo

KaYotiX said:
Gotta love the ppl who hate to pre-order........never understood the hate, I'll be damned if I have to drive all over town to find my game if it's not at my fav stores.

I just dislike Gamestop. I regularly pre-order from online retailers.

Sysgen

BenjaminBirdie said:
So like are people pissed at Che? I doubt T10 had long involved meetings as to how to handle the LE and they came to the conclusion that GS was the perfect fit. Clearly a high level publisher decision.

And this isn't LE exclusive. It's for anyone who preordered the game. It's actually a reward for anyone, not just VIPs.

And as for Gold, well, I don't understand. How were people expecting to get the card gifted to them? Auction House and Storefront is Gold only.

Missed that Auction House and Storefront is Gold only. So non gold cannot purchase cars from the auction house?

ElNino

Sysgen said:
Missed that Auction House and Storefront is Gold only. So non gold cannot purchase cars from the auction house?
I don't believe they could in Forza 2, so I assume the same would be true for Forza 3.

Sysgen

ElNino said:
I don't believe they could in Forza 2, so I assume the same would be true for Forza 3.

I had gold when F2 came out. Wow that sucks since I don't consider the auction house a multiplayer feature. So Silver users would have no interest in creating designs and auctioning them?

ElNino

Sysgen said:
I had gold when F2 came out. Wow that sucks since I don't consider the auction house a multiplayer feature. So Silver users would have no interest in creating designs and auctioning them?
It may not be a multiplayer feature, but it certainly is a Live one. I guess it sucks for Silver users, but I can understand the rationale for making it Gold-only.

DJ_Lae

Sysgen said:
Why should Gold have anything to do with this? Just so you know this reads like a big FU to anyone who pre-ordered and isn't gold. Great community relations.

I don't know if they can gift the cars to silver members either.

I remember having the same problem with Forza 2, trying to send some of my custom cars to my friends without realizing they couldn't get at them. Sucks, but I can see how it's technically part of online play....sort of.

You'd think someone could flip a switch for something as one-time as this giveaway, but maybe it requires too much effort from Microsoft.

PSGames

Sysgen said:

You never know... Forza 3 may come with one of those free 1 month Gold Cards. Then you would be able to recieve the cars.

Fox Mulder

KaYotiX said:

I've never seen a game sold out at a retailer on release day. Preordering is pointless in my opinion, but all these companies are giving gamestop exclusive content to push it more. It's goddamn annoying.

I'd actually buy the VIP access as DLC, but it's probably going to stay exclusive with Gamestop's LE forever.

h3ro

m0dus said:
Hey Che -- I uploaded 3 designs to the storefront that I told ya about,and they've vanished, mysteriously replaced with "under review" :lol what's up?

Also, everyone should know the crackdown car in that shot wasn't QUITE finished, we needed to get a shot of it for the blog post. the final design is more detailed--I'll be sending it to Che as soon as he tells me he's ready for it.

Any word on why the GT-R version of the Crackdown 2 car got nixed?

Wait? People who got a legit copy early will be banned from certain features? That is a really bad idea IMO. If Joe Softcoregamer gappens to get a copy early he shouldn't be punished by an error by the store. Sure, reset the stats but don't punish legit gamers for having an early copy.

For those of you defending this, don't act like you wouldn't pick up and play a copy online if you had a chance.

For the record, I don't have a copy yet. As for pirates, they can be damned!

Edit: sounds like i misread what Che meant by unsavory types. My bad. I'm drunk.

KaYotiX

Banned
Noboby has a retail copy from what i can understand right?? Just promo copies....im assuming T10 hasnt shipped the game out yet so thats how they know who to ban.

p3tran

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Noboby has a retail copy from what i can understand right?? Just promo copies....im assuming T10 hasnt shipped the game out yet so thats how they know who to ban.
Nope, I have full retail Limited Edition copy, for some days now too!

I'm not joe softcore though, especially when it comes to this game. :D

KaYotiX

Banned
p3tran said:
Nope, I have full retail Limited Edition copy, for some days now too!

I'm not joe softcore though, especially when it comes to this game. :D

Overseas? If your in the states i wish i had your connections :D

Damn i need this game......

p3tran

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Overseas? If your in the states i wish i had your connections :D

Damn i need this game......

I've been playing games for 30 years so connections happen naturally.
Also my line of business offers a lot of excitement -not unlike videogames, only real- so usually I always have an ace or two up my sleeves for when I want something :)

on topic, I've been playing this non stop for some time now, and as a conlusion I can only repeat my previous thoughts:

for anybody with a slight interest in cars, the game cannot get enough 10's!!

Iknos

h3ro said:
Any word on why the GT-R version of the Crackdown 2 car got nixed?

Maybe they chose an assortment of cars that would be useful in your career mode? A race car may not be useful until later on in the career perhaps? Just speculation on my part. The race car could also be worth quite a bit and give those who received it as a gift too much of a monetary advantage.

m0dus said:
Hey Che -- I uploaded 3 designs to the storefront that I told ya about,and they've vanished, mysteriously replaced with "under review" :lol what's up?

From the last page...

chespace said:
Yes, due to pirates, unsavory pre-release players, and switching from beta servers to production servers, we will be doing a "cleanse" of our storefront and auction house database in the next couple days.

Everyone may lose some escrowed credits in the process. If you're a pirate or unsavory type, you will be perm banned on a couple different levels (gamertag and box). Those whom we've sent discs out to should not worry.

I'll have a full bulletin about this on Forzamtorsport.net in the next day or so. Stay tuned.

Sushen

This will be the first Forza that I will be getting. I'm no fan of so-called race car sims, but the demo on XBL seems pretty reasonable unlike the other game on PS3 which I hated. Call me whatever, but there is something wrong with the game when I can't even make turns driving Civic in a game, while I have a 10+ yr spotless driving record in real life.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
HoTHiTTeR said:
Did the storefront get "cleansed" yet? :lol I wanna get some auctions up for the launch in Japan :p We use the same servers right?

Not yet. Wait until Monday morning. ;)

This one was taken by BLKJ Evo on the storefront.

20p66nr.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
m0dus said:
Consider this a preview of the stuff you'll see from us in the Livery thread:

Zone of the Enders (Jehuty)

I've created two variants, a 'red' and a 'blue'

The Blue Variant:
2remj2h.jpg

2z49vkm.jpg

This one maxxed out all layers. I mean ALL layers. Even with absolutely judicious layer management, the source image was SO detailed that I ran out pretty quickly trying to maintain that clarity.
Sorry m0dus, but these pictures have convinced me that you're actually a robot, as no human could go into such details using random shapes.

Jube isn't too far behind either, watching his Hulk come to life...incredible.

Friday, come here now!

Zertez

No more pictures please. I was going to hold off buying this game until a little later. The pictures are making me want to get it day of. :lol I think the biggest thing holding me back now is the LE being Gamestop only.

This game has me seriously considering a 360. I'm waiting for announcement of GT5 release date (only have a PS3 as of now), but if its pretty far off, I might just buy a 360 and get Forza 3. Gears 1 + 2 and Halo 3 are also mad tempting. Gerstmann's review on Giant Bomb really spoke to me, if that makes sense.

Anyone know if there any Forza 3 bundles coming out for thanksgiving/christmas by any chance?

Iknos

m0dus said:

See this zip around the track during a race will be quite a sight. The stripe down the middle makes it more of a racing livery rather than just some beautiful art on a car. Don't get me wrong I appreciate those too but my preferences lie in having more racecar-ish livery designs. I like this because it has elements of both.

chespace said:

This must be that mountainside portion of Montserrat...the one that links 2 tracks. It must look breathtaking coming down that slope onto Camino Viejo.

Che you're gonna hate me for bringing this topic up... :lol

I thought of a few more good ideas to solve the photomode "issue". Issue being the low compression on the pics which is a result of saving costs. My first idea can be seen here...

Idea 1:
What the game could do is offer to email us a high res pic. It would send an email to the email address tied to our XBL account and attach a 500Kb pic.

So there is no hosting costs and no bandwidth costs when it comes to people on the net viewing that picture. The pic is sent to the user and they are responsible for hosting it and all further bandwidth costs. The user does this by uploading it to a pic hosting site themselves.

This means the only cost to MS is the bandwidth used by sending emails with a half meg attachment. I don't know how expensive/cheap this sort of bandwidth is but compared to a picture hosted online and viewed by thousands of people there is 1/X less data going around on MS's part. X being how many people view that image. Potentially if 10K people were to look at your pic then it's 1/10000 the bandwidth usage.

Idea 2:
MS partners with a image hosting site and allows users to upload from the game to the site. It's like idea 1 but cuts out the step of the user having to upload the file. Image host would make money from user going to site to view their uploaded photos...viewing ads in the process.

Idea 3:
T10/MS makes their own site where images can be viewed but not hotlinked. Such pages would be filled with Xbox related ads so that costs can be recouped. If people want to hotlink them to appear in threads they just upload it to a pic hosting site.

I suppose that T10 probably looked at many of these options already...or maybe not.

It all comes back to my marketing angle...MS should have realized that HQ pics is just good marketing for the game. If MS is all about saving money...they should look at it as spending some money to make more money.

Microsoft. *shakes head*

p3tran

Banned
ok, I want to congradulate the guys who designed the fantasy tracks!!! seriously!

sedona full with a fast car is so much fun it should be illegal!

also, I tuned a mine's R34 to R3 class. first car to tune that much.

I have to say that the feeling of driving this car fast (which is only my first shot at quick cars in F3)
exceeds all forza2 driving experience in every-which way possible!
the new game engine is a LOT better than F2's! amazing!! 8)

/looks@modus nissan

HOLLY SHIT MODUS!!!

Dina

m0dus said:
This one maxxed out all layers. I mean ALL layers. Even with absolutely judicious layer management, the source image was SO detailed that I ran out pretty quickly trying to maintain that clarity.

I remember Jubei hitting very high in the 800s on the Iron Man car as well. It's a shame they kept it to 1000 layers. It kinda limits the possibilities. Should have bumped it up to 2500 or something.

Manager

Is there any way of transfering Livery between two Xboxes (not close enough for memory card)? Without having to outbid people on the store.

hamchan

iamcool388 said:
This game has me seriously considering a 360. I'm waiting for announcement of GT5 release date (only have a PS3 as of now), but if its pretty far off, I might just buy a 360 and get Forza 3. Gears 1 + 2 and Halo 3 are also mad tempting. Gerstmann's review on Giant Bomb really spoke to me, if that makes sense.

Anyone know if there any Forza 3 bundles coming out for thanksgiving/christmas by any chance?
Isn't GT5 coming out in march 2010?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
hamchan said:
Isn't GT5 coming out in march 2010?

That's the Japanese release. Which means we'll have it in Europe in early 2015 or so :p

That said, wow @ the pictures posted. If there's one thing I envy you 360/F3 owners, it's the option to do stuff like that with the cars. Wish GT5 would implement that option (and custom soundtracks obviously, I want KMFDM in my GT5, thank you).

Top Bottom