• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
i have 600 grand in my forza 2 save anyway forza 3 will let me still keep my money, or will i just go on forza 2 and blow it on a dream car

Peterthumpa

Wait, I'm not keeping up with the thread but... wasn't the compression thing a problem that would be solved when the real servers or something like that went up?

Magni

iamcool388 said:
This game has me seriously considering a 360. I'm waiting for announcement of GT5 release date (only have a PS3 as of now), but if its pretty far off, I might just buy a 360 and get Forza 3. Gears 1 + 2 and Halo 3 are also mad tempting. Gerstmann's review on Giant Bomb really spoke to me, if that makes sense.

Anyone know if there any Forza 3 bundles coming out for thanksgiving/christmas by any chance?

FM3 bundle: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B002PHSS0U/

Halo 3 + Fable 2 + Controller: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B002CZP9XO/

If you want Halo for the MP, buy ODST instead (or buy both).

For GeOW 1 & 2, no bundles AFAIK.

DarkJC said:
What's the difference between an illegitimate pre-release player and a pirate? Sounds like illegitimate means anyone you didn't send a promo early copy to...in which case, what about people who bought from stores that broke street date?

So if I manage to get my hands on an officicial retail copy before release I'd be fucked too? That doesn't sound right.

EDIT: Nevermind.

blanky

Manager said:
Is there any way of transfering Livery between two Xboxes (not close enough for memory card)? Without having to outbid people on the store.

as long as its two different gamertags you can always gift it!

Gowans

Yeah I've just had to give back a retail copy my bud pulled when his store got devilery and been fine.

Game is amazing gona be a long wait till my le shows up.

Normally I buy these games for online but this is the first time I've really been hooked strongly to the single player it's so big too I'm amazed with what the guys have pulled off to really infuse fun (or limit frustration) into the game.

I can't wait to get some more time with the game and get some really had games going, I'm sure we can organise some events.

Jube3

I finished the G. De Ferran Retirement Livery replica. Ill post pics of it later once Evo takes em. It came out neat but man was it tiriing. Too many little logos lol.

If you anyone else wants it just let me know.

bj00rn_

Banned
No big deal, just curious: Is there any visible vertical tilt physics (like there is in the bumper cam view) during cockpit view? I was looking at some assorted Forza 3 footage now and for some weird reason I just can't see it in any of the videos.

painey

I was watching a stream earlier and in EVERY race there was a Red car that would lead and ALWAYS go off at the corner :lol he would always recover and it didnt seem like the grass or gravel would even affect his speed but it was just funny to watch every time the ai mess up

enzo_gt said:
Another with a dude testing out his 1.9s 0-60, 1257HP Veyron. Takes it up to 259 mph on the Ring.

Minor spoiler in the video, he reveals that
the Veyron is the gift car you recieve once you reach level 30
. Kinda weird but I suppose they really wanted to hammer down how rewards really are rewards in the game.
A shame you can access it so easily but cool, I think there has only been one game I have ever tried it in and that is NFS shift :lol

HoTHiTTeR

I just, literally just - I'm still in the car, picked up a Microsoft branded wireless racing wheel. I'm pretty sure my first race is gonna have to be in my motorcycle helm et and gloves to get fully immersed. Lol.

KaYotiX said:
Noboby has a retail copy from what i can understand right?? Just promo copies....im assuming T10 hasnt shipped the game out yet so thats how they know who to ban.
http://forums.xbox.com/29476424/ShowPost.aspx

They banned someone from OXM with a review copy :lol (he even posted pics of it when he got it)

Turns out they are just guessing who has the game and who doesn't based on geography, game history and dates of play. If they don't recognize a gamertag they are probably banning at that point.

HoTHiTTeR said:
I just, literally just - I'm still in the car, picked up a Microsoft branded wireless racing wheel. I'm pretty sure my first race is gonna have to be in my motorcycle helm et and gloves to get fully immersed. Lol.
Play without all the assists and also make sure you adjust the deadzone settings to give more responsiveness (get rid of the dead zones entirely)

acm2000

infinityBCRT said:

They banned someone from OXM with a review copy :lol (he even posted pics of it when he got it)

Turns out they are just guessing who has the game and who doesn't based on geography, game history and dates of play. If they don't recognize a gamertag they are probably banning at that point.

no, they just banned the online play of forza 3, not his account or anything

blanky

infinityBCRT said:
Play without all the assists and also make sure you adjust the deadzone settings to give more responsiveness (get rid of the dead zones entirely)

does increasing the deadzone make the game more sensitive for wheel movement or less? I haven't changed squat to my wheel settings and to be honest it seems fine to me.

eso76

infinityBCRT said:
Turns out they are just guessing who has the game and who doesn't based on geography, game history and dates of play.

game history and dates of play don't sound like something they can use to ban people though; x360 internal clock will reset when the console is unplugged. If you buy and play Forza 3 on oct 23rd and your console has been unplugged and not connected to xbxlive again your game saves will make it look like you were playing the game in 2004 :)

rjcc

infinityBCRT said:

I'd assume they have a list, che asked everyone who received a disc for their gamertag a couple days before the bans kicked in.

blanky said:
does increasing the deadzone make the game more sensitive for wheel movement or less? I haven't changed squat to my wheel settings and to be honest it seems fine to me.
You want to decrease the deadzone so everything is more responsive. By default the 1 or 2 degrees in the centre of the wheel register as no input, and the outer 10 degrees or so all register as max turning radius so you've got a little less precision. Also the accelerator and brakes seem to have a big deadzone so tapping the accelerator or the brake lightly does nothing. It makes it harder to feather the pedals.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
eso76 said:
game history and dates of play don't sound like something they can use to ban people though; x360 internal clock will reset when the console is unplugged. If you buy and play Forza 3 on oct 23rd and your console has been unplugged and not connected to xbxlive again your game saves will make it look like you were playing the game in 2004 :)
I imagine that one way of spotting pirates would be if they had played multiple games before release.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
infinityBCRT said:

That's a separate issue you don't know about and I'm not at liberty to discuss.

We ban based on our server data as well as Xbox LIVE data. We haven't activated the ban yet so.... yeah.

cjelly said:
At least the US actually gets the LE this time.

Yep, I agree, at least GS step in and willing to carry LE this time around. LE usually doesn't sell well anyway, let alone this is US where racing genre aren't selling like FPS.

I just don't understand all the anger. I think it's great that T10 decided not to keep those awesome looking cars as LE / VIP only and spread the love to all the customers that willing to pre-order their games. I thought it was a good thing they did, I just don't understand all the rage.

If you dislike Gamestop that much, you can always go to Best Buy put down $5.00 and do preorder there or you can always go on-line like Amazon and pre-order.

Been playing the demo alot. I've now got my settings at: manual transmission, ABS-TC-Stability on, autobrake off, full damage (simulation) with no racing or braking line. Having great fun listening to the engines and shifting based on the engine's song as opposed to watching revs. Car I most enjoy right now is the Lancer.

carsW-265.jpg

lol. Can't wait to turn these old econo boxes into fire-breathing race cars. That's where the most fun is to be had.

Yoritomo

chespace said:
That's a separate issue you don't know about and I'm not at liberty to discuss.

We ban based on our server data as well as Xbox LIVE data. We haven't activated the ban yet so.... yeah.

Must be the guy who leaked the game!!! Just kidding, that's a career ruining accusation. :/ Hope whatever happens needs to happen, or vice versa.

chespace said:
VIP folks will get OTHER CARS we haven't shown yet.

Please, no more rage. :lol

I want to see my in-box fill up with cars when I load up Forza 3 on release day!!

The VIP cars that comes with the LE and pre-order car (the blue lightning Audi) are those just code to un-lock cars for purchase in game or are they going to be available like "gifted" cars?

chespace

Got photomode hooked up to FM.net now so I've been checking out lots of photos on storefront. Here's another look at the ODST M3.

b9cg8.jpg

and the ZOE photo that m0dus sent me.

a5i5c5.jpg

nib95

Banned
Well, with U2 done, it's back to Forza 3 for the long haul! Seriously though, such a long game, surprised (given how busy the game schedule has been lately) journo's were able to play the game enough to merit a thorough review. In any case, from what I've played so far, thoroughly impressed. The entire presentation is considerably slicker and more polished. I do still feel that most cars are too easy to drive with ABS/TCS off. You almost have to fight to try and get your vehicles (everything but the Race cars) to lose traction instead of maintain it. That's my only real gripe with the driving mechanics thus far, that is in comparison to the predecessor as well.

chespace

Fender_Uk said:
if i get the game a few days early i'll be fine playing online right?

Yeah, we're looking at more than just the date at which you first start playing. Don't worry.

nib95

Banned
chespace said:
Yeah, we're looking at more than just the date at which you first start playing. Don't worry.

Don't know if you are allowed to mention this or not, but exactly what details are Microsoft looking at? I'm guessing the total number of games played, Gamerscore, whether they play online or not etc right? Tbh, I was informed that hacked or chipped 360's couldn't play online, which is why the store front reset surprised me.

chespace said:
Got photomode hooked up to FM.net now so I've been checking out lots of photos on storefront. Here's another look at the ODST M3.

b9cg8.jpg

and the ZOE photo that m0dus sent me.

a5i5c5.jpg
Its a shame that the jpg compression is so high on the photomode pics.

nib95 said:
Well, with U2 done, it's back to Forza 3 for the long haul! Seriously though, such a long game, surprised (given how busy the game schedule has been lately) journo's were able to play the game enough to merit a thorough review. In any case, from what I've played so far, thoroughly impressed. The entire presentation is considerably slicker and more polished. I do still feel that most cars are too easy to drive with ABS/TCS off. You almost have to fight to try and get your vehicles (everything but the Race cars) to lose traction instead of maintain it. That's my only real gripe with the driving mechanics thus far, that is in comparison to the predecessor as well.

Really? Which cars do you think are easy to drive and hard to drive? Lower end cars are easy to drive as they should be. It really is when you get to high end sports cars and supercars that they should be hard to drive without assists.

Also are you racing with manual or automatic? With Manual you also have to make sure you don't shift up when you are risk of losing traction otherwise you could spin out or even rollover your car (I've flipped the GT3 before).

Game looks great. I think I'll enjoy this as much as any other racing game to come out in a long time. I'm hoping maybe for the next game Turn 10 gets a bit more ambitious and does something similar to Eden Games and do an open world racer. Test Drive Unlimited was great for not only racing but just cruising around and having a "lifestyle" around collecting and racing cars. It also had pretty much an unlimited amount of track configurations. TDU did have some deficiencies in the licensed car area (Porsche was most notable) but I loved how they had a ton of lesser known cars as well.

Top Bottom