• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Stop It said:
Same, I am on the verge of cancelling and just paying the £5 extra to make sure I get the game on midnight of the 22nd.

I will be phoning Blockbuster this afternoon in any case.

Let us know the outcome as I planned to pick mine up from a Blockbuster store on Friday but hoping for an early release / cancelling to order online and paying for next day delivery.

Lucius86

Banned
Ok, I decided to phone up again (as I was bored at work!) and this time they told me it will still be sent out Thursday, but with a seperate courier.

So, these are my responses so far:

1. Friday - the game will be sent via an external courier, so the postal strikes should not affect the delivery.
  2. Monday morning - the game will be sent EARLY to avoid the postal strikes
  3. Monday afternoon - the game will be shipped Thursday, but with an external courier and therefore not affected by the postal strikes.

Hmmm....not sure what to think right now!

Jube3

Ill be uploading my livery tutorials today. I got 3 so far, two are quickies on how to shade and how to create new shapes using faux masks. And the third will be to create a simple flat character. I picked Homer simpson since he is very recognizable and not very complex. Im trying to make this a full on tutorial and not just a speed paint. Ill try to get those up today.

Lucius86 said:
Ok, I decided to phone up again (as I was bored at work!) and this time they told me it will still be sent out Thursday, but with a seperate courier.

1. Friday - the game will be sent via an external courier, so the postal strikes should not affect the delivery.
  3. Monday afternoon - the game will be shipped Thursday, but with an external courier and therefore not affected by the postal strikes.

Thanks for the update.
I'm thinking that we are going to see a lot of people receiving FM3 from Game etc tomorrow. And I'm going to be pissed.

Lucius86

Banned
Fantasmo said:
Thanks for the update.
I'm thinking that we are going to see a lot of people receiving FM3 from Game etc tomorrow. And I'm going to be pissed.

But if I get mine Friday, then I will be happy with that - especially with Blockbuster's money savings for the LE.

It's if I receive it next week, after all they told me on the phone so far, then I will be miffed!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I fear even if Blockbuster sent it today it'd still be too late.

Have you guys seen Royal Mails backlog? Warehouses full of undelivered mail. Horrendous.

cjelly said:

Have you guys seen Royal Mails backlog? Warehouses full of undelivered mail. Horrendous.

I have oodles and fucking oodles of stuff stuck in the post. It's a disgrace.

Saiyu

Jube3 said:
Ill be uploading my livery tutorials today. I got 3 so far, two are quickies on how to shade and how to create new shapes using faux masks. And the third will be to create a simple flat character. I picked Homer simpson since he is very recognizable and not very complex. Im trying to make this a full on tutorial and not just a speed paint. Ill try to get those up today.

Yay.

Jube3 said:
Some pics I captured from my crappy card.

The G. de Ferran Final Race White Livery I made. All logos on the car were remade (michellin, XM, 66, ESL surround, panasonic, and acura) I also painted on a faux 3d gas cap because the model was missing it.
Pictures taken by BLKJ Evolution
fm3_capture4.jpg

It's only just dawned on me the potential of this - imagine the Bruno Senna livery replicas!

DodgerSan

I have buddies getting theirs from Game, mine's from Blockbuster.

If it gets delayed a couple of days it's not the end of the world. I'm sticking with BB for the saving.

Edit:
Lucius86 said:

Call me cynical, but that sounds like 'play-for-time-so-we-don't-lose-the-order-BS' to me.

Jube3

Saiyu said:
Yay.

It's only just dawned on me the potential of this - imagine the Bruno Senna livery replicas!

A lot of people like myself and m0dus like pushing layers and just going crazy. But theres a really big part of the forza community that does spot on replicas. Theres already an amazingly accurate Ken Block WRX up there. As well as a pastrana i think.

Thanks to how flexible and free the editor is, and Turn 10 adding gray stock cars people are gonna be running pretty accurate nascar leagues...without the license! so awesome.

The next forza on the next xbox..24 fully liveried cars... drool lol. Cant wait for that lol.

My only option if I cancel the blockbuster deal is to buy the retail regular game on friday, I just can't afford that £55 asking price and if I go order it again now at shopto or somewhere i'm going to be at the back of a long que (plus postal times)

Fucking royal mail managers.

Diablohead said:
My only option if I cancel the blockbuster deal is to buy the retail regular game on friday, I just can't afford that £55 asking price and if I go order it again now at shopto or somewhere i'm going to be at the back of a long que (plus postal times)

Fucking royal mail managers.

I'm worrying, probably needlessly, that my local store just won't have any LE copies sent to the branch.
I'm just so eager to get Forza3 now that I'm getting into the same state I was when Vice City was getting released.

Milpool

Just changed my delivery method on shopto. £1.99 for a next day courier, hopefully it will prevent any sobbing come launch.

Edit: Goddamn I just got an email saying they're shipping the royal mail orders tomorrow, now I dunno what to do.

abrasion

Banned
I'm trying to convince the aussie kids on whirlpool.net.au (large aussie gaming forum) to trick EB / Target/ Kmart into selling early - once one retailer does it, they all cave in.
I am frankly incredibly fucked off at how long ago it went gold, how long it's been in boxes at the stores and this not being allwed to be sold a bit earlier :/

Just let me have the damn game already :/ - fingers crossed more copies leak early from retailers, even international leaks might help convince EB here.

Pete Rock

Jube3 said:
Ill be uploading my livery tutorials today. Im trying to make this a full on tutorial and not just a speed paint. Ill try to get those up today.
Thanks, you clearly know what you are doing with the editor and I am looking forward to seeing proper tutorials from an accomplished user. I see myself doing more painting than driving with this game, so I'm more interested in seeing how that process works. :D

Drastic

Jtyettis said:
This thing is street dated I assume? I can walk into my GS on the 27th to pick this up?

My understanding is yes. GS told me they would have it on hand, should have it early.

I'm curious if it's available anywhere in the US before the 27th?

ShapeGSX

Fender_Uk said:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2mo81ec.jpg

hey this pics 150kb whats the deal?

Looks like a screen capture. Look at the black border around the left and top sides of the image. That isn't present in the official FM.net shots.

ShapeGSX

Spaceman Spiff said:
Apparently, you can also drop the Z06's LS7 V8 into an Aveo. Would it even fit? :lol Either way, it's fucking awesome.

There have been stranger swaps. :)

wwdc06_2735.jpg

The RWD swap on the Honda Civic in FM2 was nearly uncontrollable, however.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
cjelly said:

That's London only, the rest of the country is (at the moment), not too bad.

As for my order, Blockbuster have charged my card today (some time this afternoon) and the site (which is now slow as hell), say my order is now being "processed".

So, there may be hope after all, hooray!!
cjelly said:
Yay, Shopto are shipping tomorrow so I'll have it Wednesday. :)
Btw, shopto use the Royal Mail too (Only as recorded delivery, which, unlike special delivery is NOT guaranteed next day), so if there's a backlog, it may not escape it.

I will chech my bank and card when I am back on my pc (using touch ATM) but no sign of email yet.

Lol quite amazing and on the edge this waiting is, it's like being high.

Stop It said:
Btw, shopto use the Royal Mail too (Only as recorded delivery, which, unlike special delivery is NOT guaranteed next day), so if there's a backlog, it may not escape it.

They were giving the option to change to UKMail and they've been pretty speedy in the past, so I've read.
I'll stick with Blockbuster store I think as I'm getting my LE for £40.

Stop It

Diablohead said:
I will chech my bank and card when I am back on my pc (using touch ATM) but no sign of email yet.

Lol quite amazing and on the edge this waiting is, it's like being high.
I'm not sure of that feeling, but if it includes unwarranted anxiety, obsessive behaviour (I have been checking my email/bank all day) and an unshakeable feeling of high anticipation, then I know what you mean!

Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on the game, until then I'll make do with salivating over pictures and Jubes stream.
Fantasmo said:
They were giving the option to change to UKMail and they've been pretty speedy in the past, so I've read.
I'll stick with Blockbuster store I think as I'm getting my LE for £40.
UKMail use RM for the last mile, so if it gets caught up in an unlucky sorting depot, it isn't going anywhere anyway, but as long as it ships today/tomorrow, it should be ok.

BlinkGT

Jube3 said:
Thank you so much, i'm such a noob, i really want to know how you do. Can't wait.

Gone and bloody ordered it on the Blockbuster website as well in the hope to get it before Friday. Will end up with one or the other.
Not going to lose any money as I'll cancel / return the last past the line.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Stop It said:
I'm not sure of that feeling, but if it includes unwarranted anxiety, obsessive behaviour (I have been checking my email/bank all day) and an unshakeable feeling of high anticipation, then I know what you mean!

Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on the game, until then I'll make do with salivating over pictures and Jubes stream.

UKMail use RM for the last mile, so if it gets caught up in an unlucky sorting depot, it isn't going anywhere anyway, but as long as it ships today/tomorrow, it should be ok.
ShopTo are saying their UKMail service is next business day for £2.

Stop It

cjelly said:
ShopTo are saying their UKMail service is next business day for £2.
Hmm, I guess you'll find out exactly how UKMail operate tomorrow, I hope you get the game ASAP.

Anyway, any Jube watchers who aren't on his stream will be happy to know that he has said that he should be streaming in the next hour or so (hopefully). There's a group of people (me included) patiently waiting for it to start.

phil_t

Banned
Fantasmo said:
Gone and bloody ordered it on the Blockbuster website as well in the hope to get it before Friday. Will end up with one or the other.
Not going to lose any money as I'll cancel / return the last past the line.

My Blockbuster online order has changed state to 'processing'... they 'might' be trying to get them out early..

Of course, if the PO is inundated with a sudden increase in post from companies trying to get stuff out before the strike, it might get delayed anyway!

Stop It

Diablohead said:
No money taken out yet from blockbuster, just thought I would say.
Out of interest, when did you place the order? Mine wa son the 8th of October, maybe they're going through the orders in order of receipt?

Money has most definitely been allocated out of my account, but the order is still in the "processing" stage. I'm begging to think they wont be shipping my copy until tomorrow, although I could be proven wrong.

bolak

I got this at 09:15 yesterday from GAME:

Qty Description
1 Forza Motorsport 3 Ltd Edition with Exclusive in-game M3 E92 BMW [Xbox 360]

We are pleased to advise that your order, *******, is now on its way!

Track Your Special Delivery Order*
If your order is being sent by Special Delivery your tracking number is: ******

Please visit the GAME website at ****** and enter the order number above to check the status of your parcel.

If your carrier is Parcelforce the tracking number is correct but may differ once displayed on the Parcelforce site. You will be able to track your order from 6pm on the day of despatch.

*Please Note: If your Special Delivery Order is despatched on a Saturday or Sunday it will not enter the Parcelforce or Royal Mail networks until Monday and so will not be delivered until Tuesday at the earliest.
And following the link to track gives this:
Order status log
18/10/2009 Your order has been dispatched.
16/10/2009 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
16/10/2009 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing. Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
15/10/2009 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
22/08/2009 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

Probably not likely, but certainly a possibility of receiving it tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Stop It said:
Out of interest, when did you place the order? Mine wa son the 8th of October, maybe they're going through the orders in order of receipt?

Money has most definitely been allocated out of my account, but the order is still in the "processing" stage. I'm begging to think they wont be shipping my copy until tomorrow, although I could be proven wrong.
Going by my confirm email, on the 4th.

Just called Blockbuster to try and get my delivery address changed.

They told me that the consignment will be dispatched tonight due to the postal strike.

Don't shoot the messenger if I'm wrong, just though I'd let you guys know.

The blockbuster.co.uk website just changed it's main page ad to a forza 3 theme'd one, but checking my details...it's being processed.

woop woop

Diablohead said:
The blockbuster.co.uk website just changed it's main page ad to a forza 3 theme'd one, but checking my details...it's being processed.

woop woop

Mine changed to being processed straight after ordering. Can't believe the circles I'm going in to get this damn game :lol

jamieson87 said:

They told me that the consignment will be dispatched tonight due to the postal strike.

All of our hopes and dreams rest on your words.

Stop It

jamieson87 said:

YEY!
Fantasmo said:
All of our hopes and dreams rest on your words.
Well, the words of a (probably tired and annoyed after being called all day about Forza 3) CS person at Blockbuster.

Still, hype levels rising. Meanwhile, Jube starts his stream with a bang, well NBA Live 10, but hey!

Top Bottom