• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

RSTEIN said:
I'm joining the "I hate everyone in this thread" club.
I'm applying for membership to this club.

C'mon Che. Get Dan on the phone to retailers. Grant us this one wish: fuck the street date. Finished Uncharted 2 and riding a videogame endorphin high. Let's keep this going. I've got my driving gloves. Do this!

saladine1

I didn't want to bring this up here but I need an answer to this perplexing situation.
Why o why does the sound not change after upgrading exhausts?
Don't tell me it does,please, it just doesn't and everyone is now finding out the same thing.
I tried every thing, I tested every which way to see if there are any changes to sound after upgrading (besides turbos/SC which do sound louder) exhausts but nothing.
Why is this so?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
saladine1 said:
I didn't want to bring this up here but I need an answer to this perplexing situation.
Why o why does the sound not change after upgrading exhausts?
Don't tell me it does,please, it just doesn't and everyone is now finding out the same thing.
I tried every thing, I tested every which way to see if there are any changes to sound after upgrading (besides turbos/SC which do sound louder) exhausts but nothing.
Why is this so?
Might have something to do with not wanting to record sound for every car with every exhaust and/or disc space.

I've never pre-ordered in a game in my entire life, but i'm about to go pre-order the Forza 3 collectors. It seems elegant and for $20 AU more I like the bonuses it gives.

alba

Little is the new Big
My copy better show up friday, I really don't want to have to wait the whole weekend for it... Oh and sign me up for the I hate this thread club! I want to play it now :(

Zhuk

Banned
Ahh its so good to be back!!! and what a time to be :D the release of my most anticipated game this year!!

The demo is amazing and the reviews prove that Forza 3 is the King of the mountain, I can't wait to get my race on! :D

Milpool

Shaneus said:
I don't know how you could spare enough time to take a photo with the shrinkwrap still on!

Just to annoy you:
2gy5zsi.jpg

Now to install. Ordered it from shopto btw.

I'm sure this is completely over discussed, but I only just learned the video editor touted at E3 is cut :( What's the official word there?

Fuck if I'm not still over excited for this though.

Shawsie64

Banned
Fuck me that's a gorgeous limited edition :D . I just got back from the local EB games, pre-ordered limited edition and was cool enough to match JB Hi-FI's price of $99 without even asking for proof of JB's price. What a champ :D

Sending in a picture of my receipt tomorrow from work, really want those cars hehe

Shawsie64 said:
Fuck me that's a gorgeous limited edition :D . I just got back from the local EB games, pre-ordered limited edition and was cool enough to match JB Hi-FI's price of $99 without even asking for proof of JB's price. What a champ :D

Sending in a picture of my receipt tomorrow from work, really want those cars hehe

God damn it, my local EB wouldn't price match. I didn't buy it from them out of spite but it still cost me $120.

Dina

h3ro said:
Anyone have a list of the cars we get gifted for each level up?

2010 Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse
2003 Ranault Sport Clio V6
2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent
2009 Ford Focus RS
2009 Volkswagen Scirocco GT
2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
2007 Ford Shelby GT500
2008 Maserati GranTurismo
2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2009 BMW Motorsport M5 E60
2009 Lexus IS F
2007 SEAT Leon Supercup
2005 Honda NSX-R GT
2009 Ferrari California
2009 Jaguar XKR-S
2002 BMW Motorsport M3-GTR
2007 Peugeot Super 2000
2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
2005 Ford Ford GT
2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
2005 TVR Sagaris
2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
2008 Lamborghini Reventon
2002 Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
2009 Holden #2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE
2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F430GT

All I found out so far, through the forums.

Funchameleon said:
I'm sure this is completely over discussed, but I only just learned the video editor touted at E3 is cut :( What's the official word there?

Fuck if I'm not still over excited for this though.

There was never a video editor in the game, just the ability to export replay clips to fm.net which you can then use in your own editor.

Shawsie64

Banned
TheHeretic said:
God damn it, my local EB wouldn't price match. I didn't buy it from them out of spite but it still cost me $120.

Yeah my local ones good but the one near my work (which i have boycotted due to poor service and the employees being on a mad power trip) wont have a bar of it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So will there we a livery thread or will it just be incorporated into this official thread :D?

AMUSIX

Spent the afternoon playing Forza 3 with the Fanatec wheel, and the evening at the Forza 3 launch party. All in all a great day with a lot of driving (both real and virtual).

The wheel is truly the best one on the market, even out shining the G27 in it's build and response. It's still a bit more than I'd spend, but for those considering it, there should be no doubt on quality of product...and the H shifter is easily a must-have.

The launch party was a good one. I've been to numerous industry events like these as everything from an investor to a developer to a journalist, and I've got to say, this was one of the classiest launch parties I've been to.
I think the best thing about it was the different demographics present. There were the usual groups of industry execs in their suits, game media there for work, and gamers itching to play. But there were two other distinct groups tonight....the tuners and the high-end car owners. The valet board was covered in keys of loved cars and dream cars.

And all five of these groups absolutely LOVED the game. Everyone I talked with had a different take on what they were enjoying about the game. I know the Turn 10 team are already feeling great (because they told me so) but the reactions and response from this launch party should only elate that feeling.

bloodforge said:
There was never a video editor in the game, just the ability to export replay clips to fm.net which you can then use in your own editor.
I could've sworn there was one showcased at the MS press conference and I'm not the only one

edit: the video finally loaded and the speaker clearly says "created using the video editor in forza motorsport 3"

rjcc

Funchameleon said:
I could've sworn there was one showcased at the MS press conference and I'm not the only one

edit: the video finally loaded and the speaker clearly says "created using the video editor in forza motorsport 3"

dude, no. That post also says that video of obviously prerendered footage was made using the ingame editor. it was a misunderstanding.

I'm really fucking confused here.

It's obviously a target render for an in-game editor. The ridiculous camera angles show they were planning something beyond uploading clips from the in-game camera angles and editing them together on your PC.

It strongly appears that an in-game editor was planned (enough for someone with in-game asset access to create that silly footage), was fully announced in the most public way possible at E3 '09 and is no longer in the game.

Funchameleon said:

It's obviously a target render for an in-game editor. The ridiculous camera angles show they were planning something beyond uploading clips from the in-game camera angles and editing them together on your PC.

It strongly appears that an in-game editor was planned (enough for someone with in-game asset access to create that silly footage), was fully announced in the most public way possible at E3 '09 and is no longer in the game.
I was expecting the video editor to allow us to stick a few or even one custom camera like photomode to record a clip then export it from that angle, but going by the demo replay I think we just get given a bunch of cameras to pick from instead.

That E3 video was obviously CG just by the way some things moved and looked, I never expected anything on that scale but it was very misleading when they say afterwards it was their expectations of what the community will make.

I guess the video features got cut near the end, and the included LE usb stick became 100% pointless once MS said no to data transfer from the 360 to the pen.

aberckmans

Neo Member
AMUSIX said:
Spent the afternoon playing Forza 3 with the Fanatec wheel, and the evening at the Forza 3 launch party. All in all a great day with a lot of driving (both real and virtual).

The wheel is truly the best one on the market, even out shining the G27 in it's build and response. It's still a bit more than I'd spend, but for those considering it, there should be no doubt on quality of product...and the H shifter is easily a must-have.

The launch party was a good one. I've been to numerous industry events like these as everything from an investor to a developer to a journalist, and I've got to say, this was one of the classiest launch parties I've been to.
I think the best thing about it was the different demographics present. There were the usual groups of industry execs in their suits, game media there for work, and gamers itching to play. But there were two other distinct groups tonight....the tuners and the high-end car owners. The valet board was covered in keys of loved cars and dream cars.

And all five of these groups absolutely LOVED the game. Everyone I talked with had a different take on what they were enjoying about the game. I know the Turn 10 team are already feeling great (because they told me so) but the reactions and response from this launch party should only elate that feeling.

I love this post! I ordered the Fanatec wheel ealrier this month (will be shipped in November, aaargh...) and I just can't wait to try it with Forza 3. It's my first experience with a wheel and hesitated long between fanatec and G25-27 so am relieved to read you positive review.

Regarding the wheel, I ordered the standard stand they have at Fanatec, any thoughts (from you or anyone) on the quality of that item too?

AMUSIX

aberckmans said:
I love this post! I ordered the Fanatec wheel ealrier this month (will be shipped in November, aaargh...) and I just can't wait to try it with Forza 3. It's my first experience with a wheel and hesitated long between fanatec and G25-27 so am relieved to read you positive review.

Regarding the wheel, I ordered the standard stand they have at Fanatec, any thoughts (from you or anyone) on the quality of that item too?
I believe the stand I was using was the standard Fanatec one, and nothing seemed off about it. The pedals could more securely mount, but that seemed to be more of an issue while we were shaking things around rather than when we were racing. The one thing I didn't like (and I'm not sure if we just missed something) was that you could swing the arm towards you. That is, tightening the main arm prevented you from pushing it out of position, but pulling the wheel towards you wasn't hindered. Again, this was an annoyance while messing with the set-up, and not while driving.

Lucius86

Banned
I'm just sitting here at work, hoping my replacement power supply for my FF wheel and the game turns up at home today......

I have a burning hatred for some of you lucky sods already!!

I ordered the Microsoft Wheel, it was pretty cheap and will probably fulfill my needs just fine. It came in today - have to pick it up at the post-office and give the Forza 3 -demo a whirl with it. :)

Unfortunately I'm starting to believe that my copy of the game will not arrive this week. I pre-ordered it from Play.com, and they usually deliver at least a couple of day late ( I live in Finland, by the way ), so it arriving at the launch-day would be pretty miraculous. I'm still hoping, though.

Magni

Fuck yeah, just got off the phone with the GAME that's five minutes away from me... In ten minutes I'll be playing Forza 3 :D :D :D

Lothars

I will be sending off my preorder reciept, I just have to find it

If need be I will go and pay off my preorder for the collectors edition and use that.

acm2000

Funchameleon said:

you can make video clips from various angles, upto 30seconds long, in 720p, and upload them, but the editor didnt make it sadly

Well after playing a couple of races (everything off, manual, Hard AI) I have to say that the AI definitely gives as good as it gets :lol It's probably because of how similar the cars are that I am currently racing but everything comes off very scrappy and amateur which is awesome! Really like the cockpit view with the altered FOV, works wonders. Tried an online game and looks like people have already settled into 'lets only race the really fast stuff!' mentality, which sucks, probably going to need to join some GAF games for anything worthwhile.

Magni

state_vector_collapse said:
GAME in the U.K will break the street date? I know someone desperate to buy it today. Cheers

French GAME, don't know about the mother ship.

Four download codes, one additional disc, this is gonna kill my HDD :lol

Arucardo

Lé Blade Runner said:
I ordered the Microsoft Wheel, it was pretty cheap and will probably fulfill my needs just fine. It came in today - have to pick it up at the post-office and give the Forza 3 -demo a whirl with it. :)

Unfortunately I'm starting to believe that my copy of the game will not arrive this week. I pre-ordered it from Play.com, and they usually deliver at least a couple of day late ( I live in Finland, by the way ), so it arriving at the launch-day would be pretty miraculous. I'm still hoping, though.
I would've recommended the "Verkkokaupan suoratilaus Ahvenanmaalta" option, mine is in the mail already and it cost me 47eur.

EDIT: Unless you ordered the limited edition that is.

Hmm... that's not good. I think the disc isn't balanced because it's making a low rumbling sound when it's in the drive. Means I'll have to leave it out of the console when I'm not playing it.

AMUSIX

Yeah, it's too bad the replay editor didn't make the final cut (ha! pun!) especially since there are little hints to it in the game.

I have to praise the interior view. Been playing for the past few hours (and what I did yesterday) and I haven't found a single car where the view is not useable. Something I can't say about even the best of other cockpit views. In fact, playing interior view with HUD tach off is a hell of a lot easier and more natural than any other game I've experienced.

The cockpits themselves are hit and miss. Some look fantastic, others look very unfinished. I have noticed one glaring omission, though...in the Mazda FC RX-7, the "Add Coolant" light is not continually on.

Zhuk

Banned
I'd like to compliment Turn 10 on the improvements to the MS FFB in Forza 3, the difference between F2 is amazing and it's clear that the wheel is an extremely good investment for a small amount of money.

I would love to get a Fanatec, but honestly i'm just not that hardcore. My G25 and MS FFB will suffice me for my racing habits.

Keikoku

Banned
French LE pics (not mine) :

img0441kz.jpg

img0442s.jpg

img0443.jpg

Anyway, I've been playing the game almost all night and it's just awesome. The career is mode is just amazing. Track selection is huge and great. Damn good job Turn 10, this is the definitive racing game of this gen.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Psychotext said:
Glad I switched to Blockbuster for my order... my ltd edition just arrived. :D
Mine got...stuck in the letterbox (Or some other excuse as to why I had to head to my local sorting office to get it), but I picked it up during lunch.

I just have to wait until I finish work now to play the game, yey for the posties strike!

Edit: Obligatory Forza trio pic.

AllForza.jpg

Arucardo said:
I would've recommended the "Verkkokaupan suoratilaus Ahvenanmaalta" option, mine is in the mail already and it cost me 47eur.

EDIT: Unless you ordered the limited edition that is.

Damn, had I known, I would have done this. I ordered the normal edition and it cost me 51eur from Play.com. Still cheaper than in regular stores, though.

Let me just say one thing... The waiting became a bit more tough thanks to the wheel. I tried the demo with it, and it is just god damn amazing. A nice, enjoyable experience turned into an 'edge of your seat' -affair, and I was having this stupid grin all the way through.

I have never owned a racing-wheel, and the last one I tried was some cheap piece-of-poo for the PlayStation way back when. I would have never realized just how much better the racing-experience becomes with one of these!

Edit: Is there a GAF meta-tag for Forza 3, or a thread to share Gamertags in? I'm all in for some GAF community racing in the near future. :)

Top Bottom