• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

lol... it was finally looking like I might have a few minutes over the next few days to get some Forza in...

...then about 5 minutes after sending someone a message earlier I was greeted by 3RL

Have unplugged it all, and hopefully it's was caused by a power spike or something. But I'm not holding my breath.

Saiyu

Saiyu said:
Just ordered off Shopto, didn't fancy the thought of having to go to Game on Friday and still pay £54. I've read that a lot of people who ordered before 5 yesterday got it this morning so I hope to have it tomorrow.

It shipped! Please be here tomorrow....

I love this, getting a call from my gamestore that it will be in in half an hour, me rushing to get there within that half hour, and then being told that it was a mistake and it won't be here until friday.

skyfinch

Videos, anyone? I think I've seen every video of this game from every single site on the internet, of all time. I'm a freak like that.

bj00rn_

Banned
Just a heads up; The game might crash every time you try to play in free play mode if you do the "FOV-trick". The problem will go away if you restore the settings though.

gtmax

I want impressions of the game with the Microsoft wheel. I can't get the Fanatec but if the other wheel is great i might settle for that.

FrankT

Pizza Luigi said:
I love this, getting a call from my gamestore that it will be in in half an hour, me rushing to get there within that half hour, and then being told that it was a mistake and it won't be here until friday.

Did you go with punch in the face or the more subtle knocking the magazine rack over.....

gtmax said:
I want impressions of the game with the Microsoft wheel. I can't get the Fanatec but if the other wheel is great i might settle for that.

From what I've read so far it's very good with F3. Thinking about getting one msyelf. In fact, it's the wife's idea which is simply just weird. I would love that F3 playseat with it, but alas no good place for it, yet.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
gtmax said:
From earlier in the thread:

XiaNaphryz said:
ISR comment on Forza 3 with the 360 wheel:

We ran it with the XBox 360 wheel and it runs nicely. We were actually surprised at how it felt.. Was hard to go back to with a 6 speed and clutch using the 911..

We're going to revisit FM3 and discuss how it feels with the 360 wheel.

I will stand by my 360 seller comment.. I would play it on the 360 wheel if thats all I could afford or had. It kicks ass with that wheel too.

Darin Gangi
Executive Producer
InsideSimRacing

skyfinch

gtmax said:

Going by the demo, the wheel is amazing. Performs better than any Xbox racing game. Having to press a button for clutch is sort of a bitch though.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
oielb7.jpg

Spanish drivers represent! 65€ at Game :D

h3ro

Complete Gift Car List:

01. 2010 Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse
02. 2003 Ranault Sport Clio V6
03. 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent
04. 2009 Ford Focus RS
05. 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco GT
06. 2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
07. 2007 Ford Shelby GT500
08. 2008 Maserati GranTurismo
09. 2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240
10. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
11. 2009 BMW Motorsport M5 E60
12. 2009 Lexus IS F
13. 2007 SEAT Leon Supercup
14. 2005 Honda NSX-R GT
15. 2009 Ferrari California
16. 2009 Jaguar XKR-S
17. 2002 BMW Motorsport M3-GTR
18. 2007 Peugeot Super 2000
19. 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
20. 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
21. 2005 Ford Ford GT
22. 2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
23. 2005 TVR Sagaris
24. 2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
25. 2008 Lamborghini Reventon
26. 2002 Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
27. 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
28. 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
29. 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
30. 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
31. 2009 Holdon #2 Commodore VG
32. 2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizone F430GT
33. 2008 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
34. 2009 BMW Motorsport #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
35. 2005 Ferrari FXX
36. 2007 Chevrolet #4 Corvette C6.R
37. 2008 Nissan #23 XANAVI NISMO GT-R
38. 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
39. 2008 Lexus #6 Eneos SC430
40. 2008 Konigsegg CCGT
41. 1997 McLaren #43 F1 GTR
42. 2005 Maserati #15 JMB Racing MC12
43. 1998 Porsche #26 AG 911 GT1-98
44. 2003 Saleen #2 Konrad Motorsports S7R
45. 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
46. 2009 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86
47. 2006 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R8
48. 2009 Acura #66 de Ferran Motorsports ARX-02a
49. 2006 Audi #8 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R10 TDi
50. 2009 Peugeot #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908

Psychotext said:
lol... it was finally looking like I might have a few minutes over the next few days to get some Forza in...

...then about 5 minutes after sending someone a message earlier I was greeted by 3RL

Have unplugged it all, and hopefully it's was caused by a power spike or something. But I'm not holding my breath.
Seems to be working again... at least temporarily.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Game of the forever confirmed. God fucking damn this game is good.

I just wish my 360 would connect to live so I can check out the store's, but hell racing is fun enough! At this rate my essay will never get finished!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Label said:
Game of the forever confirmed. God fucking damn this game is good.

woot! I want to add you to metacritics. :D

glad to see folks finally playing the game in numbers.

Can't wait for the U.S. and UK launches!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
chespace said:
woot! I want to add you to metacritics. :D

glad to see folks finally playing the game in numbers.

Can't wait for the U.S. and UK launches!
Well, the Uk has half launched thanks to the postal strike, but of course most people wont get their hands on the game until Friday.

Still, send my thanks to the team for creating an awesome racer here che. I predict many hours to come, lost playing the game.

Anyway, Jube, if you're around (And the other nice person who was in the channel), I'm still up for that game :)

skyfinch

ravien56 said:
Ooooo. Thats weird, seeing how we usually get shit first. So THIS is how it feels like.

We get the game later because Turn10 sends out one of their employees to personally install the game onto our hard drives. I picked Dan.

Fuck, just got home after being out all day to find lots of junk mail behind the door but no forza 3, and the news on the way home spoke about postal strikes tomorrow and friday.

FUCK FUCK FUCK! shitty fuck.

AMUSIX

Those with the LE...how many DLC code cards came in the package? Is there one for the standard classic cars/test tracks DLC and one for the LE cars/VIP making DLC? Or is there just one code that does it all?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
AMUSIX said:
Those with the LE...how many DLC code cards came in the package? Is there one for the standard classic cars/test tracks DLC and one for the LE cars/VIP making DLC? Or is there just one code that does it all?
2 cards, one with the DLC pack, one for the VIP stuff.

Sysgen

kinn said:
Yes! Had the game waiting for me when I got home (ordered from Shopto).

Now all I got to wait for now is the Fanatec wheel, CS pedals and stand!

And if anyone is interested in another review (from Trusted Reivews):
http://www.trustedreviews.com/video-games/review/2009/10/21/Forza-Motorsport-3/p1

Thanks for the link.

Forza 3 makes the whole concept of modifying your car more simple too, with the Quick Upgrade option. If you select Quick Upgrade, a balanced set of modifications will be applied, taking your car close to the limit of its class without pushing it over. Of course you can still do all your modifications manually if you prefer, but I found the Quick Upgrade option to be pretty effective. Also, if Quick Upgrade leaves you with a bit of headroom, you can always add one or two mods of your own on top.

This is a great feature.

Looks like I'll be at my local Tesco around midnight Thursday/Friday to buy Forza 3. They should have it and their prices aren't too bad.
But I think some of my future PC games will be Digital downloads from Steam etc. Could be my Tekken 6 gets delayed (30th Oct).
Oh well, at least I have a few days off to really get stuck into Forza 3 (assuming I get a copy).

sneaky77

AMUSIX said:

You haven't received them yet?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn the AC Cobra is expensive! Looks like it's time to start saving! :D

I still cannot connect to xbox live damn it! I want to redeem my codes for all the other cars + tracks!!

skyfinch said:
We get the game later because Turn10 sends out one of their employees to personally install the game onto our hard drives. I picked Dan.

You may regret that. He installed my Forza 2 and I swear he wouldn't shut up about my IKEA bookshelves and how I should replace them with "definitive" ones from Williams Sonoma.

Ugh.

Can't believe I don't have my game today, what total luck :( what makes it worse is that everyone else who ordered from blockbuster has it, maybe living near london just cocked it all up.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Does anyone know if there’s an option to use the d pad to steer? Also, what about mapping the gas and break to the face buttons? Thanks!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gouty said:
Does anyone know if there’s an option to use the d pad to steer? Also, what about mapping the gas and break to the face buttons? Thanks!

Yeah you can use the d-pad, as well as map gas, brake and handbrake to the face buttons!

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Purchase confirmed. Sorry, the Super Nintendo and PS1 beat the d pad into my head for racing games, I can’t adjust. I can’t even tell you the problems I had with modern FPS controls thanks to Turok.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The premium LCE dashboard theme ain't showing nowhere =/

Both codes that came in the box were entered, extra content downloaded and nada T_T

acm2000

voodoo said:
You have a a photo and a tuning file up, you still can't connect?

and i uploaded a video, but now it says server down :s

edit: i uploaded a tuning setup called "please buy me for the achievement" :lol

voodoo

Neo Member
acm2000 said:
and i uploaded a video, but now it says server down :s

edit: i uploaded a tuning setup called "please buy me for the achievement" :lol
so you never managed to visit the storefront yet or us it a one time thing?
Sometimes you just have to wait a couple of seconds before you go into the storefront from the splash screen.

Top Bottom