• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Milpool

Where do I find this exclusive theme that supposedly comes with the LE? I've used both of the add-on content cards but can't seem to find it anywhere.

nofi

AMUSIX said:
Yeah, it's too bad the replay editor didn't make the final cut (ha! pun!) especially since there are little hints to it in the game.

I have to praise the interior view. Been playing for the past few hours (and what I did yesterday) and I haven't found a single car where the view is not useable. Something I can't say about even the best of other cockpit views. In fact, playing interior view with HUD tach off is a hell of a lot easier and more natural than any other game I've experienced.

The cockpits themselves are hit and miss. Some look fantastic, others look very unfinished. I have noticed one glaring omission, though...in the Mazda FC RX-7, the "Add Coolant" light is not continually on.

Yeah, the interior views are fantastic - I normally only select them in racing games to try them out once for each car, but I normally play with the full dashboard view in Forza 3.

Spriig

Banned
Came in the post yesterday at 10am. Pre Prdered online off GAME. This game is 5x as fun as the 2nd. Can't stop playing.

Lucius86

Banned
Stop It said:
Mine got...stuck in the letterbox (Or some other excuse as to why I had to head to my local sorting office to get it), but I picked it up during lunch.

I just have to wait until I finish work now to play the game, yey for the posties strike!

Edit: Obligatory Forza trio pic.

That's it - I am phoning up my housemate to see if mine has turned up......

dammit, shes not in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chico

another Fanatec Update:
"UPDATE 10

The wheels are on the way! We have sent the wheels for the airshipment and the advanced UPS shipment. The UPS shipment will have to go to Germany first and from there to the customers. We can hopefully give you a tracking number after they arrived here in Germany.

We are also now shipping all accessoires for these orders like CSP or wheel Stands."

Saiyu

Just ordered off Shopto, didn't fancy the thought of having to go to Game on Friday and still pay £54. I've read that a lot of people who ordered before 5 yesterday got it this morning so I hope to have it tomorrow.

h3ro

List of Prize Cars for each Level up to 47:

01 - 2010 Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse
02 - 2003 Ranault Sport Clio V6
03 - 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent
04 - 2009 Ford Focus RS
05 - 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco GT
06 - 2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
07 - 2007 Ford Shelby GT500
08 - 2008 Maserati GranTurismo
09 - 2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240
10 - 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
11 - 2009 BMW Motorsport M5 E60
12 - 2009 Lexus IS F
13 - 2007 SEAT Leon Supercup
14 - 2005 Honda NSX-R GT
15 - 2009 Ferrari California
16 - 2009 Jaguar XKR-S
17 - 2002 BMW Motorsport M3-GTR
18 - 2007 Peugeot Super 2000
19 - 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
20 - 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
21 - 2005 Ford Ford GT
22 - 2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
23 - 2005 TVR Sagaris
24 - 2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
25 - 2008 Lamborghini Reventon
26 - 2002 Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
27 - 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
28 - 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
29 - 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
30 - 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 33 - 2008 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
31 - 2009 Holden #2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE
32 - 2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F430GT
33 - 2008 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
34 - 2009 BMW Motorsport #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
35 - 2005 Ferrari FXX
36 - 2007 Chevrolet #4 Corvette Racing C6.R
37 - 2008 Nissan #23 XANAVI NISMO GT-R
38 - 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
39 - 2008 Lexus #6 Eneos SC430
40 - 2008 Konigsegg CCGT
41 - 1997 McLaren #43 F1 GTR
42 - 2005 Maserati #15 JMB Racing MC12
43 - 1998 Porsche #26 AG 911 GT1-98
44 - 2003 Saleen #2 Konrad Motorsports S7R
45 - 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
46 - 2009 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86
47 - 2006 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R8

Anyone know what the score is with the "Free Theme" that's supposed to come with the code in the LTD edition pack? It downloads the cars just fine, but I see no evidence of a free theme anywhere, nor anywhere to download it. (Though there are two on the marketplace)

DodgerSan

Milpool said:
Where do I find this exclusive theme that supposedly comes with the LE? I've used both of the add-on content cards but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Am wondering this also...

EDIT:

According to FM.net forums it's redeemed but not yet on the store. So it's in a queue, and will download when it hits the store.

We shall see!

aberckmans

Neo Member
chico said:
another Fanatec Update:
"UPDATE 10

The wheels are on the way! We have sent the wheels for the airshipment and the advanced UPS shipment. The UPS shipment will have to go to Germany first and from there to the customers. We can hopefully give you a tracking number after they arrived here in Germany.

We are also now shipping all accessoires for these orders like CSP or wheel Stands."

What's this??? I ordered mine in October (about 2 weeks ago) and it should be shipped in November I am told (I live in the EU by the way). Is your update from the October shipment??

Darklord

Banned
Boy I can't wait to play Forza 3 tomor-

2mcf30i.jpg

2u93jwo.jpg

Mumma nooooooo!

h3ro

Darklord said:
I looked it up, its still a hardware problem and probably that E74 error thing which is some fried chip or something.

Dang. Sorry dude. Mine died the day the demo came out. G'luck getting it back quickly.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Good news: I got both my LEs this morning. ShopTo and Blockbuster.

Bad news: at work for another 4 hours and Chelsea on the telly tonight means not much playtime. :(

Darklord said:
I looked it up, its still a hardware problem and probably that E74 error thing which is some fried chip or something.
This happened to me on the day GTAIV came out, halfway through the intro screen went green coloured. I restarted and the 360 booted to the E74 message. I could have died :lol

Falagard

Darklord said:
red ring

Mumma nooooooo!

https://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=917874

Might be a hard drive failure - are you getting anything on the TV screen at all indicating an error number?

Anyhow, try detaching and re-attaching the hard drive. If that doesn't work, remove it altogether and see if that works.

May not need to send it in, or may "just" need to buy a new hard drive (or send in the hard drive only for repair).

If you're not getting any message on the screen - you're probably in trouble.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907535/

Try detaching absolutely everything and re-attaching. When that doesn't work, call up 1-800-4MYXBOXISFUCKED

Darklord

Banned
Falagard said:
https://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=917874

Might be a hard drive failure - are you getting anything on the TV screen at all indicating an error number?

Anyhow, try detaching and re-attaching the hard drive. If that doesn't work, remove it altogether and see if that works.

May not need to send it in, or may "just" need to buy a new hard drive (or send in the hard drive only for repair).

If you're not getting any message on the screen - you're probably in trouble.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907535/

Try detaching absolutely everything and re-attaching. When that doesn't work, call up 1-800-4MYXBOXISFUCKED

I'm not. :\

It first kept freezing in Brutal Legend, now it just locks up a second or two after booting it up. Thanks for the help, I'll try out what the link says.

R0nn

Can anyone help me with this?

I just got the game in for review. I immediatly installed disc 2 from the dashboard, as I persumed that was the way to go. Afterwards i proceed to install disc 1 as well. Might as well right?

So I boot up the game, and it asks me if I want to install the content from disc 2 (which I had already done through the dashboard). I was like: "whatever, maybe the game itself needs to setup some extra stuff." So I give it permission to install the content.

Little to my surprise, the install is done right away. So I need to put disc 1 back in. After doing so, the Xbox 360 refuses to start reading the disc and the game doesn't continue on. Probably because I had already installed the game to the hard drive. I had to exit the game and reboot my Xbox to get the disc out, because the console got stuck in trying to read the disc.

So I boot up the game again, and this time I decide to just skip the installing of the content to prevent any freezes. My question now is, do I still have access to the extra content since I already installed everything beforehand through the dashboard, or do I need to remove everything and start all over again?

I'm asking right now because I just started and don't want to start all over again much later on.

AMUSIX said:
I believe the stand I was using was the standard Fanatec one, and nothing seemed off about it. The pedals could more securely mount, but that seemed to be more of an issue while we were shaking things around rather than when we were racing. The one thing I didn't like (and I'm not sure if we just missed something) was that you could swing the arm towards you. That is, tightening the main arm prevented you from pushing it out of position, but pulling the wheel towards you wasn't hindered. Again, this was an annoyance while messing with the set-up, and not while driving.

I notice this on my Fanatec stand, but I think may be it was design this way to give it a bit of room to move so you don't break the wheel during one of the more intense racing session.

tiong_fi

R0nn said:

I just got the game in for review. I immediatly installed disc 2 from the dashboard, as I persumed that was the way to go. Afterwards i proceed to install disc 1 as well. Might as well right?

So I boot up the game, and it asks me if I want to install the content from disc 2 (which I had already done through the dashboard). I was like: "whatever, maybe the game itself needs to setup some extra stuff." So I give it permission to install the content.

Little to my surprise, the install is done right away. So I need to put disc 1 back in. After doing so, the Xbox 360 refuses to start reading the disc and the game doesn't continue on. Probably because I had already installed the game to the hard drive. I had to exit the game and reboot my Xbox to get the disc out, because the console got stuck in trying to read the disc.

So I boot up the game again, and this time I decide to just skip the installing of the content to prevent any freezes. My question now is, do I still have access to the extra content since I already installed everything beforehand through the dashboard, or do I need to remove everything and start all over again?

I'm asking right now because I just started and don't want to start all over again much later on.

You shouldn't install the second disc through the dashboard - you must do it in-game.

R0nn said:

You can't install it from the dashboard... you need to install disc 1, load the game and then install it from there.

R0nn

Ok, thanks. Is there any way to still install it within the game after the first boot up? Or do I need to remove my save?

R0nn said:
Ok, thanks. Is there any way to still install it within the game after the first boot up? Or do I need to remove my save?

If I were you I'd go to memory management and remove the installs and start again just to be sure. You can leave your save game intact when you do that.

FrankT

ravien56 said:
Ooooo. Thats weird, seeing how we usually get shit first. So THIS is how it feels like.

Indeed

TheHeretic said:
The boxarts come a long way. This will be my first Forza game!

Same here, actually first racer that I will have bought in as long as I can recall.

Top Bottom