• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bitmap Frogs said:
The premium LCE dashboard theme ain't showing nowhere =/

Both codes that came in the box were entered, extra content downloaded and nada T_T

Yeah it's not showing up here either.. :(

Just bought the UK plates, and Gaf car design from Jub3, great stuff! :D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ExtraKr1spy said:
are the other starter cars any better or equally shit?
Haven't tried them. Abarth is 2nd car you get, and it's pretty fun, actually. I've managed to spin out with the 500 a few times, actually. The beauty of little Fiat's is you wanna rev the fuck out of the engine till you've pistons bursting out the bonnet. :lol

From the starter cars, if the AI is anything to go by, I noticed the Twingo was always in the lead. Can't actually remember if the Twingo is a starter car, actually, but the AI seem to love it.

Haven't played much of the game, to be honest, would love to spend a bit of time upgrading my Fiesta to something half-decent. I found it to be way too slow even compared to the medium AI.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
While I'm here:

Any news of the LE Premium Theme, Che?

It wasn't included with the VIP download, as noted by myself and many others on the official forums.

TheOddOne

BenjaminBirdie said:
You may regret that. He installed my Forza 2 and I swear he wouldn't shut up about my IKEA bookshelves and how I should replace them with "definitive" ones from Williams Sonoma.

Ugh.

Really :lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Okay time for a retarded question! :D

With the LCE codes, I see the cars in the car showrooms, but some of the prices are like 15 million, do we have to save up that much money to buy the LCE cars or have I done something wrong? :lol

Jtyettis said:
Always NYC. Not a chance out here in bumpkinville.

The question is, do I pull the trigger to get it early, or keep my Amazon pre-order with 2 promotional discounts, a $10 credit upon purchase, and the pre-order car?

blanky

Label said:
Okay time for a retarded question! :D

With the LCE codes, I see the cars in the car showrooms, but some of the prices are like 15 million, do we have to save up that much money to buy the LCE cars or have I done something wrong? :lol

Ofcourse! They're not just going to give you some cars for free, you'll have to grind and save up!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
blanky said:
Ofcourse! They're not just going to give you some cars for free, you'll have to grind and save up!

Sweet fair enough! :D

I swear I did read somewhere about getting gifted cars though.. but ah well, time to play some more.

blanky

Label said:
Sweet fair enough! :D

I swear I did read somewhere about getting gifted cars though.. but ah well, time to play some more.

Gifted cars is a VIP thing. But thats more paints/tunes, no "new" cars I presume.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
blanky said:
Gifted cars is a VIP thing. But thats more paints/tunes, no "new" cars I presume.

Aye I assumed it would be exclusive painted cars and tunes, which is pretty damn sweet. :D

Iknos

Falagard said:
https://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=917874

Might be a hard drive failure - are you getting anything on the TV screen at all indicating an error number?

Anyhow, try detaching and re-attaching the hard drive. If that doesn't work, remove it altogether and see if that works.

May not need to send it in, or may "just" need to buy a new hard drive (or send in the hard drive only for repair).

If you're not getting any message on the screen - you're probably in trouble.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907535/

Try detaching absolutely everything and re-attaching. When that doesn't work, call up 1-800-4MYXBOXISFUCKED

Darklord said:
I'm not. :\

It first kept freezing in Brutal Legend, now it just locks up a second or two after booting it up. Thanks for the help, I'll try out what the link says.

I'm getting the same freezing problems but no error message or red light. I only bought this 120 Gb drive earlier this year... :(

It looks like some of my physics concerns have been prejudgmental?

From the the TrustedReviews review...

So what's so good about Forza 3? It would be easy for me to say everything, glib as that may sound, and although I wouldn't be lying, let's break it down a bit. First up, the driving dynamics are so close to perfect that it's spooky. Take the 997 generation Porsche 911 for example - a car that feels like few others, especially on the limit - but despite its near unique nature, Turn 10 has managed to capture all its strengths and idiosyncrasies to perfection.

That's not just conjecture on my part either, having subjected my own 911 to copious amounts of abuse on the track over the summer. In Forza 3 a 911 rewards smooth driver inputs, and requires commitment through the bends, just like the real car. Having the engine out over the rear axle gives you incredible traction out of bends, but if you nail the throttle too early you'll find yourself facing the wrong way in no time. Master the way a 911 handles though, and you'll understand why many consider it to be the seminal sports car and the benchmark by which others are judged.

The 911 wasn't a fluke either, since each and every car that I've driven in Forza 3 feels as close to the real thing as you can possibly get in a video game. I was very happy to be presented with a 2009 Ford Focus RS as a gift early on, since I took delivery of one of these a few weeks ago, so again had a good point of reference. And yet again Turn 10 has completely nailed it. The Focus RS pumps 301bhp through its front wheels, which in theory shouldn't work, but it does, thanks to some great engineering on Ford's part. Not only is the Focus RS fast in a straight line, but the Quaife automatic torque biasing differential will drag you around a bend like the car is on rails. However, if you're a bit overenthusiastic with your throttle inputs, you'll encounter the car's propensity to oversteer, all of which is recreated perfectly in Forza 3!

BlinkGT

Diablohead said:
Too mellow for you?
Too mellow, no variety. I thought we could listen all the soundtrack in the menus like it was the case in Forza 2. I don't listen to music in race, a lot of my friends too, the FM3 soundtrack is useless, so.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
I have found some little issues with the game while playing online. Sometimes a thin white line flashes through my cockpit. I'll keep my fingers crossed :lol

I have redeemed my codes, but haven't managed to get my Premium Theme. What do i have to do?

acm2000

SuperÑ said:
I have found some little issues with the game while playing online. Sometimes a thin white line flashes through my cockpit. I'll keep my fingers crossed :lol

I have redeemed my codes, but haven't managed to get my Premium Theme. What do i have to do?

ive had that too, so dont worry

Anyone know if royal mail are trying to hire in extra hands to cover any of the people on strike? I have my doubts that tomorrow no postie will come knocking on my door and I won't see my LE until monday at the earliest :/

I take back what I said about "I can wait" because now I am upset :(

Spent the last few hours at my brother's house playing splitscreen with him and my niece. Was a real blast. :D

Shame that there isn't any replay in splitscreen mode though as some of the races were epic.

Iknos

Psychotext said:
Shame that there isn't any replay in splitscreen mode though as some of the races were epic.

Speaking of epic 2P splitscreen racing...I used to have some with my bruv in Le Mans on Dreamcast. During the races we would be wrestling each other and things got violent. The controllers would be unplugged and replugged back in. At numerous points we'd be switch ports so that we'd be racing each others cars backwards on the track trying to go further and further back. Those races lasted hours.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Iknos said:
Speaking of epic 2P splitscreen racing...I used to have some with my bruv in Le Mans on Dreamcast. During the races we would be wrestling each other and things got violent. The controllers would be unplugged and replugged back in. At numerous points we'd be switch ports so that we'd be racing each others cars backwards on the track trying to go further and further back. Those races lasted hours.

I know this has been answered before but is it 2 players max split screen or have they somehow found a way to push 4 players?

Iknos

enzo_gt said:
I know this has been answered before but is it 2 players max split screen or have they somehow found a way to push 4 players?

I know it's 2P max but maybe Psychotext can answer a related question...is it running at 30fps locked in 2P splitscreen?

It's not locked in split screen for sure (you will get a little slowdown in places). I'd say it's higher than 30fps as standard though.

frontieruk

aaaa.jpg

20060120h.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I have finally finished an epic online session (Thanks to Jube, m0dus and P3Tran for playing with me). That (The cat and mouse game...:lol :lol ) was enough to justify the asking price alone.

I can't wait for more of you guys to get the game, because I'm sure we'll make a cracking online Forza 3 community.

Btw, m0dus, name me a price for that GAF livery, I forgot to ask properly before you left.

frontieruk

I hadn't bothered reading the thread since last night so didn't realise no one had noticed, sorry :(

Ir's just a work in progress by the looks of it, but at least you can get at your pics and videos look at jusbes profile... not so stealthy edit

Jube3

Wow the quality is fantastic. Great job t10. Im uploading a video of me and M0dus tandem drifting (rofl). It was a cool turn though.

Iknos

I'm going to probably stay away from the official photomode/livery thread because I can't handle that nasty compression. :lol

Before anyone says I'm over reacting I'll admit that I am. It's just dissappointing to know that the game is capable of creating fantastic images but we just can't see them because of some short-sighted and yes untalented people at MS restricting T10's solid effort.

To those with the game...can you recreate this shot?

I want to compare the results. By the way I think the watermark shown in the preview shots are a lot better than what we see in the final shots but I suppose the original ones would look much worse with the compression.

Top Bottom