• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Iknos

SuperÑ said:
Man, what's up with those public races restrictions? Circuit races for A-Class+ cars only? That's ridiculous!

>: (

I'm sure that would be rather easy for T10 to tweak to allow for other classes. I wouldn't worry so much about that as compared to the ability to create public custom races.

When I look at the pro/con list for public custom races I can see why it's a debatable topic.

Pros:
-can make a race to your liking and race against others not in your friend's list using a very specific set up
-can be a way to meet other enthusiasts not on your friends list. Example: Mustangs only races attract fans not on your FL.
-when you hop on you can search for a room that is suited for you. Example: You want to find sim race modes where the cockpit is forced.
-T10 can see which sort of race types are popular here and create a Hopper from it.

Cons:
-no guarantee that people will join your specialized room. You could be waiting a long time for opponents.
-when you join someone's specialized room they are in full control and could be changing settings between races. You probably won't stay long if they start changing things up too much. If you joined because they forced Euro cars and then they changed it to American cars you have no reason to stay there.
-searching for and sitting in lobbies can be a waste of time.
-adding this would have delayed the game further.

To me the pros win it.

I plan to race primarily against friends so it's not like I'm too concerned about it. Just think that the more options the better.

MagniHarvald said:
Come to think of it, I didn't see one (saw the split-screen and XBL modes). Hopefully it's well hidden, like the Time Trials, because it wouldn't make much sense to leave it out..

I wonder how they set up the Audi Le Mans event in NY then. Live accounts for each 360 seems sort of odd. For completely lag free gaming system link makes the most sense.

Surfheart

Forzaaaa get woo!

Ahem, anyone else who has the game notice that the game is a little dark/contrasty? I'd love to be able to bump the gamma/brightness a couple of notches but there doesn't seem to be an option. I just have to adjust the TV now which I'd prefer not to do because other games are fine.

Surfheart said:
Forzaaaa get woo!

Ahem, anyone else who has the game notice that the game is a little dark/contrasty? I'd love to be able to bump the gamma/brightness a couple of notches but there doesn't seem to be an option. I just have to adjust the TV now which I'd prefer not to do because other games are fine.

Yeah I've noticed the same thing and I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned it. Catalunya is a prime example where the main stands are. It gets very dark in the shadow of that, much more than looks natural. I also wish the game had a brightness setting.

Iknos said:
To me the pros win it.

I plan to race primarily against friends so it's not like I'm too concerned about it. Just think that the more options the better.

I prefer my hybrid option. You sacrifice some of the pros - you're not guaranteed to get your favourite set of rules every race - but it eliminates most of the cons. Patch it in T10!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey Jube3, just a heads up that I sent you a friend request.

Also, is there going to be a GT section in the OP, or will that go in the online thread?

BlinkGT

Cheeto said:
More Focus RS pics please!
c5fd940d99060b9e1f665b8466deb211f9045766.jpeg

And R8 5.2 + Nurb = totally awesome.

fa79ec60ae58e27a9400b54f681862e7152596c2.jpeg

88eebd4d7c8ea0fdfb8090921a007a9a550d30ee.jpeg

Turn10, i love you.

Che, I really don't want to whine, but please tell me that something will change for the compression of the uploaded pictures. Make them better quality for VIP's I don't know.

The beauty of the game is just torn down by the compression. Sorry.

Fully paid off the limited edition bundle at GS. Cant wait.

Not trying to troll here, but I must say: the Mercedes/Pagani lineup in this game is disappointing :( whatup Che? ;_;

Pizza Luigi said:
Che, I really don't want to whine, but please tell me that something will change for the compression of the uploaded pictures. Make them better quality for VIP's I don't know.

The beauty of the game is just torn down by the compression. Sorry.

Having read this multiple times through the thread I thought people were just nitpicking but after posting pictures myself and having them sit side by side on my monitors it just doesn't do the game any justice.

Surfheart

state_vector_collapse said:
Yeah I've noticed the same thing and I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned it. Catalunya is a prime example where the main stands are. It gets very dark in the shadow of that, much more than looks natural. I also wish the game had a brightness setting.

Yeah, that's the track I really noticed it on. Just doesn't look right.

m0dus said:
they had more mercedes planned for the game, unfortunately, 2/3 of the cars broke down on the way to the studio to be laser scanned . . .

did you see what I did there?

If thats the case then the bimmers should've had the same fate. . .

Am I doing this right? /junior

TofuEater

Are the loading times better if you install disc1? Was playing off the disc yesterday, I hate the loading times.

Anyone noticed that the Drag strip with 2 AI in split screen, you start behind the AI in a two lane drag strip. I Lol'd. It became a slip stream battle.

Also Fujimi Kaido New Downhill :D*n

Yoritomo

That's probably why the Nissan GT-R isn't in the game. No one was willing to drive one to T10 for fear that the transmission would explode and they'd void their warranty.

Ahahaha, I have to laugh, I win an auction for a Shelby GT 500 at 28k (feeling super pleased as its 50k in the shop) then 10mins later win a free one for Driver Level
:lol

MikeDub said:
Final batch of photos from me, some more Focus RS and Enzo plus extras.

29oil52.jpg

1qpfmt.jpg

Good thing enzo_gt spoke up. :lol

That's exactly the color I'll have mine in as well. Enzo in Nero > all. Great shots by the way, MikeDub, and much appreciated.

Something tells me I'll be spending a lot of time on Kaido. It looks stunning.

TofuEater said:
Are the loading times better if you install disc1? Was playing off the disc yesterday, I hate the loading times.
A bit. They get less noticeable as you move through the game though (possibly caching, possibly psychological because of the longer races).

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Fully paid off the limited edition bundle at GS. Cant wait.

Not trying to troll here, but I must say: the Mercedes/Pagani lineup in this game is disappointing :( whatup Che? ;_;
Don't get me started on the Zonda. My favourite supercar of them all and it's...it's.... (shakes head and walks away).

Slackbladder said:
Don't get me started on the Zonda. My favourite supercar of them all and it's...it's.... (shakes head and walks away).

I feel you.

Having nothing but the same decade-old C12 and GR from the last two games has me absolutely gutted. I'll cope, somehow, and I'm still holding out hope that the F Clubsport, R, and Cinque are slated for DLC.

:(

RSTEIN said:
How is the lag online so far?

From what I've played (5 or so games) it's been playable. Cars were jumping often but not very far from their driving line, makes for some annoying close encounters though.

Jube3

MikeDub said:
From what I've played (5 or so games) it's been playable. Cars were jumping often but not very far from their driving line, makes for some annoying close encounters though.

Its a lot of really wide regions too that have the game, US, UK, AU and JPN. Playing with m0dus, petran and stopit it was really good even though I was streaming.

EDIT: didnt mean to DP like that.

R0nn

state_vector_collapse said:

Yeah I notice it too. The game is very high on contrast.

Anyway, some new pics for you all:

mt1sg.jpg

5f2ekh.jpg

2dqnhux.jpg

2qm0wat.jpg

Rizob

I received my LE copy on Wednesday, and i'm loving it so far! A few questions though-

Does anyone else notice a strange shadow glitch whilst racing, where they seem to flicker on and off from the car in front?

How about your car doing an occasional jitter during replays, as though the game loses track of where it is for 1/2 a second before snapping back into place?

Saiyu

Getting withdrawals and I've only played for an hour. Aim for tonight: Try out online (where's the GTs here) and get enough for the old Alfa.

che,

Whats the rules for putting up vinyls on the storefront?

Obviously sexual and offensive things are a no no but what about tobacco and alcohol decals?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
kirbybreezy said:
I am absolutely terrible at drawing by hand, and I don't consider myself artistic, although I wish I was and I really do appreciate the works of others.

I tried doing Yoruichi from Bleach anime in Forza 2, and it took me about two weeks just for the face but I got it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6981170&postcount=1804

Don't know if I can do it all over again in Forza 3, but I was trying to do your avatar Slayer33. Or something similar. My problem is, I can't find good source material for it, and doing it freehand has the tendency to stray from the original look.

Dude that's not bad at ALL. Fucking love it...

Man.. I can't wait to get my hands on the game and do this sort of editing.

Of course that I'll start with something a bit more simple first :lol

R0nn

Rizob said:
Does anyone else notice a strange shadow glitch whilst racing, where they seem to flicker on and off from the car in front?

How about your car doing an occasional jitter during replays, as though the game loses track of where it is for 1/2 a second before snapping back into place?

Hmm, the jittery car at least sounds more like some sort of hertz conflict on your tv. I personally haven't experienced any such problems.

Rizob

R0nn said:
Hmm, the jittery car at least sounds more like some sort of hertz conflict on your tv. I personally haven't experienced any such problems.
Sounds unlikely as i'm running my 360 at 60hz and it's only the car that does this. It's as though the car loses it's bearings for a moment and then snaps back into place. This doesn't affect the track.

Here's my first pic. Nothing special and i left most of the tweaks alone for now-

82228024.jpg

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I am going to try and make my first ever livery now, I have always wanted a Pussy Wagon and I have never seen anybody make one, so I have taken it upon myself to make it! I shall report back when I fail miserably! :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
Good thing enzo_gt spoke up. :lol

That's exactly the color I'll have mine in as well. Enzo in Nero > all. Great shots by the way, MikeDub, and much appreciated.

Something tells me I'll be spending a lot of time on Kaido. It looks stunning.

:lol Its only because your my long lost brother. I'll link to it to avoid thread derail, but a Carbon Enzo seems to have its own allure as well, though I definately have a soft spot for Nero Ferraris. Standard Rosso Corsa would have to be my choice, even though its a bit typical.

Spaceman Spiff said:
I feel you.

Having nothing but the same decade-old C12 and GR from the last two games has me absolutely gutted. I'll cope, somehow, and I'm still holding out hope that the F Clubsport, R, and Cinque are slated for DLC.

:(
This is a huge disappointment as well. I mean, goddamn I was surprised it wasn't included in F2 DLC. They're so similar to model, it should be a given (Cinque and F). I would've traded the Veyron for the Zonda to be honest. Also, amazing pictures all around guys, though lots of the colours look very saturated, I still like this over some of the muggy F2 colours.

Actually I would've traded the Veyron for the R35 GT-R. No I won't shutup about it until its DLC.

Top Bottom