• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Keikoku said:
Maybe Nissan has an exclusive deal with PD for the GT-R ? It's very strange that it's not in the game...
I remember Che said something about how the GT R is in it's own league / management with Nissan and they are very anal about giving out rights to their baby, either it's money or something else.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diablohead said:
I remember Che said something about how the GT R is in it's own league / management with Nissan and they are very anal about giving out rights to their baby, either it's money or something else.

This just doesn't make sense. I thought this was just a theory or did Che actually say that? Che probably isn't at liberty to confirm either, but really its like impossible to understand otherwise how a car of that caliber could be left out.

Also, people with the game: Does the storefront actually show what you've sold? Or do you just boot it up and assume you received 200 000 credits for some combination of the items you have up on the storefront?

enzo_gt said:
:lol Its only because your my long lost brother. I'll link to it to avoid thread derail, but a Carbon Enzo seems to have its own allure as well, though I definately have a soft spot for Nero Ferraris. Standard Rosso Corsa would have to be my choice, even though its a bit typical.

I certainly wouldn't turn one down in any color, but yeah, Nero or nothing for me. It looks so damn menacing, especially when snacking in hapless LP640s. :D

I'll have to add you on Live when I get the game next week. We should start an Enzo Racing League to show up the other, lesser exotics.

Can someone who has the game please confirm that the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R is, in fact, not available?

It's still on the official car list, but apparently can only be driven by the AI and is not available to the player. I've heard speculation that it may have ended up being a unicorn car or something, but who knows.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
I certainly wouldn't turn one down in any color, but yeah, Nero or nothing for me. It looks so damn menacing, especially when snacking in hapless LP640s. :D

I'll have to add you on Live when I get the game next week. We should start an Enzo Racing League to show up the other, lesser exotics.

Holy Shit! The Enzo there looks like an absolute beast there. I've never seen it look that menacing before, I suppose its only strengthened by the colour and headlights at night. And that LP640 got destroyed. First youtube comment underneath sums it up pretty well.

chusma9 (4 weeks ago) Show Hide
+3
Marked as spam
I LOVE YOU FERRARI ENZO!!

Adding shall go down, add me and I'll add you back. We shall race. I got a few tests next week so I might not be on until next weekend. Shoot me an invite nonetheless ;)

AMUSIX

Just wanted to note:

FACT > HISTORY > TIP

It's a tiny thing, but I really like the facts. I know it's not going to happen, but would be cool if they were constantly updating them.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Can someone who has the game please confirm that the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R is, in fact, not available?

It's still on the official car list, but apparently can only be driven by the AI and is not available to the player. I've heard speculation that it may have ended up being a unicorn car or something, but who knows.
Haven't seen it being raced by the AI...but the engine is there, so you can build it yourself, if you'd like.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Not in my list (free play). I have 422 cars available (which includes the ones from the download code).

AMUSIX said:
Just wanted to note:

FACT > HISTORY > TIP

It's a tiny thing, but I really like the facts. I know it's not going to happen, but would be cool if they were constantly updating them.
Yeah, I'd love for them to throw a load more in at some point. They're great, but sadly after a little while of playing you'll easily see them all.

AMUSIX said:
Haven't seen it being raced by the AI...but the engine is there, so you can build it yourself, if you'd like.

Psychotext said:
Not in my list (free play). I have 422 cars available (which includes the ones from the download code).

Thanks for the quick replies, guys.

It's a bit odd that it's not in, but oh well.

AMUSIX

Seems there are a number of cars missing from the game:

Audi #2 FSI Champion Racing R8
Ferrari 360 Modena
Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
Subaru Impreza S204
Chevy Camaro SS '69
Mazda RX7 Spirit-R

All of these were on the official car list, and none of them appear in the game. However, you can search for them in the marketplace.

Just got the Aussie version. The boxart advertises V8 Supercars which isn't surprising considering Ford vs Holden is very popular down under, but it kinda wrecks the look of the collectors edition.

AMUSIX

TheHeretic said:
Just got the Aussie version. The boxart advertises V8 Supercars which isn't surprising considering Ford vs Holden is very popular down under, but it kinda wrecks the look of the collectors edition.
I thought that was just a sticker...that's on the actual art?

Gravijah

AMUSIX said:

Ferrari 360 Modena
Subaru Impreza S204
Chevy Camaro SS '69
Mazda RX7 Spirit-R

All of these were on the official car list, and none of them appear in the game. However, you can search for them in the marketplace.

Grrr :mad:

TofuEater

AMUSIX said:

Ferrari 360 Modena
Subaru Impreza S204
Chevy Camaro SS '69
Mazda RX7 Spirit-R

I think I saw the 360 Modena in the car buying screen.

Also missing is the CLS63, that was on the official car list :(

ShapeGSX

Is it true that you can't switch to a different tune while in an online lobby?

If so, that really sucks. I used to have multiple tunes per vehicle for high speed tracks and high acceleration tracks in Forza 2, and I'd switch them or adjust the tune whenever we changed tracks.

vanty

AMUSIX said:

Ferrari 360 Modena
Subaru Impreza S204
Chevy Camaro SS '69
Mazda RX7 Spirit-R

There's seriously not a standard Ferrari 360 in the game? Very, very strange.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Diablohead said:

Don't worry about the GTR. It's a very fine car indeed.

saladine1

20rl72p.jpg

Gotta love my old school Datto..

Ziploc

Neo Member
AMUSIX said:

This is blowing my mind. Official car list? Car missing in the actual game!?

chespace

Ziploc said:
This is blowing my mind. Official car list? Car missing in the actual game!?

Unicorns are your friends.

Also, I've been playing around with this Zune HD beauty all day.

2129sus.jpg

2mzi177.jpg

52dijc.jpg

9pz8z9.jpg

skyfinch

For anyone in Canada, Future shop site has the game listed for the 25th. 2 days early isn't so bad, if it's true. That's 2 days of not having to endure all this photo and video teasing. I'm going to frigging cry, man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
skyfinch said:
For anyone in Canada, Future shop site has the game listed for the 25th. 2 days early isn't so bad, if it's true. That's 2 days of not having to endure all this photo and video teasing. I'm going to frigging cry, man.

Already pre-ordered LE at EB :( Is there anything you get in the LE besides the exclusive theme, VIP membership, USB, extra cars, keychain, and the different cover? Or is that all?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nice. I can't help but notice the windshield and the interior of that stock car appears to be serious stuff. That ram is going to be the first car I try to roll.

Kordos

Hey jub3 and m0dus - does the decal color picker show you RGB or HSB values?

Hex RGB is probably too much to ask for...

See

Played as much as I could before I had to get back to doing my college work. Loved every minute of it! Now... I wont have a chance to play probably till Monday next week :(

Took a few snaps:
Forza2.jpg

Forza3.jpg

Forza_1.jpg

dejay

Banned
m0dus said:
Say it with me now:

YUMMY

sadly there seems no way to just take a pic of a vinyl group.

I'm assuming the placement of that phallac looking m0dus symbol isn't there just by chance :lol

chespace

See said:
Played as much as I could before I had to get back to doing my college work. Loved every minute of it! Now... I wont have a chance to play probably till Monday next week :(

Took a few snaps...

WOW. :O

hamchan

Wow @ the 30 free tracks and 10 cars download code. Good way to make people buy new instead of used.

Also :lol at the first time my car flipped. I've been playing GTPSP so I wasn't prepared for that at all.

Also brilliant choice for the British announcer. Makes the game seem classy:D

I haven't done a lot of research with Forza 3, but those screenshots are gorgeous- those in game? Or does it convert to a high-res scale once you go to take photographs? I ask because after playing the demo- I didn't notice the body work like that (in the pics) in the demo. Unless my 720p sucks?

Doodis

chespace said:
Also, I've been playing around with this Zune HD beauty all day.
Che, I submitted my music track list for this car a few days after the blog went up, but it never showed up in the comments. It was before the due date, so I'm wondering if the blog only allows a certain number of comments? Am I S.O.L. for getting this car?

dejay

Banned
Square Triangle said:
I haven't done a lot of research with Forza 3, but those screenshots are gorgeous- those in game? Or does it convert to a high-res scale once you go to take photographs? I ask because after playing the demo- I didn't notice the body work like that (in the pics) in the demo. Unless my 720p sucks?

Uses the highest poly model but it's pretty much in game. Compression is a bonus.

AMUSIX

chespace said:
Unicorns are your friends.

Meh...figured that's what it was. Having the Spirit R as a unicorn is pretty painful, since you have to always have 20million+ on hand at all times just for a chance at the car...and that's just not going to happen.

Unfortunately, I'm still trying to find some sort of shopping cart. Just spent 70 Grand trying to tune up a car, and it's still not right. With Forza2, this wasn't so much a problem because upgrades were cheap...but now that they're rather pricey, it becomes a pretty big hassle.

HoTHiTTeR

Ok; 2 things

1) I can't purchase a livery or vinyl group from the storefront, decorate a car, then flip it? Don't I own the rights to the vinyl? Don't I own the rights to the car? Yet, I can't sell it?

2) There needs to be an Electric Vehicle DLC pack. Call it "Thunder and Lightning car pack" or the "Rollin Green Car Pack" Include the 2010 Honda Insight, Toyota Prius 1st gen, the 2010 prius 3rd gen, the 2010 Ford Fusion, the new Chevy Volt, and someone needs to go after the Tesla Roadster, BMW Vision ( http://gm-volt.com/2009/08/30/bmw-vision-plug-in-hybrid-concept-car/ ), and the Audi e-Tron ( http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091005/CARNEWS/910059998 ).

Considering you already have the licensing agreements in place w/ everyone except Tesla, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Get R Done Che!

Top Bottom