• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Fender_Uk said:
loving the game, just did an hours worth of sebring lol
heres a few shots i took

audimeet.jpg

Wow, that's a great shot Fender.

hamchan

How are people doing these amazing designs? Can you import images into the game or do you have to replicate the image using the design tools ingame? Holy crap if it's the latter, you have to be super talented to do that.

Also, 1st season done:D

AMUSIX

m0dus said:
MASS EFFECT CAR
I like the driver's side...the look of it is just perfect. The other side (and the hood) look a little too much like a rolling billboard to me. Maybe it's because those are pictures, while the driver's side is design.

Damn impressive work all around, though. Wish I had the patience to do anything near it (instead, I'll spend several hours and blow 100,000 on tuning a single car).

Iknos

HoTHiTTeR said:
Considering you already have the licensing agreements in place w/ everyone except Tesla, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Get R Done Che!

Some of the better performing electric cars come from smaller manufacturers that aren't licensed.

It would be interesting to upgrade your car using electric motors and batteries. Maybe in FM4.

In a decade these gas guzzlers will seem so archaic...and slow.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
hamchan said:
How are people doing these amazing designs? Can you import images into the game or do you have to replicate the image using the design tools ingame? Holy crap if it's the latter, you have to be super talented to do that.

Also, 1st season done:D
Ingame.
People are crazy.

Mohonky

I love the physics in this game, you can really feel the difference between a front, rear or awd and how too much or too little power changes the dynamics of driving them. There's something about the game I really can't put my finger on but the handling model is just incredible.

See

chespace said:

Hehe, looks like you are giving the "wow"s instead of us :p

But seriously though, you guys done an amazing job :)

Cant wait to get into the LIvery editor too! No way will I ever get as good as you guys though.

Looks like my computer broke... So I cant write my research essay thats due next Friday.. Woo! More time with Forza!

Lothars

I went to put more money on my preorder for Forza 3 collectors edition and was shocked to hear it was 89.99, I am still going to get it but I thought it was 79.99

I also sent my email with a picture of my reciept off for the preorder bonus cars and damn I should have asked if they had any pre order keys for cars yet.

Not sure if my game or ears are playing up.
Basically, during the nice menu music, a crashing sound appears in the same place each time. It's part of the music but sounds like a corrupt sample.
Also, whilst I'm racing around, I'm presuming its the dump valves or something, they sound like an explosion from Astrosmash or Darth Vader breathing.
Should I expect my ears to start RROD?

This dump valve thing is massively apparent in the Vauxhall VX220.

edit - Subaru WRX '04 dump valve sounds exactly the same. Thinking that something is wrong.

senahorse

At the risk of repetition I must offer a tip to new owners of the game.

DO NOT install the install disc from the dash.

I did this, and then started up the main game and it wouldn't recognize the content or the install disc. After swapping them back the 360 didn't even recognize the main disc. After deleting all F3 content and then restarting the 360 and loading via the main disc all is good. Might have just been my 360 but either way, start by loading the main disc and once at the main menu it will prompt you to install. :D

Finally happy to be getting rid of my Forza 2 today. Picking up 3 on the way home.. whoop.

Went with the LTD edition from blockbusters (brick and mortar) for £44.99.

Best gaming day of the year for me
also picking up my PS3 today
and MW2 just round the corner.

After watching the Jube and m0dus little vid a few times, I thought I'd try some proper drifting, but I can't drift for my life. What's the best setup for drifting guys, and whats the best way to go about it, speed and position into a corner etc. Never wanted to drift before but was trying for a good hour last night on the demo and wasn't pulling it off too well.

Darklord

Banned
Awesome, I bought it today(but can't play it for a few weeks, damn RROD :x) and got a pre-order bonus without pre-ordering.

Is it actually a new car or just a different paint job(I got a 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro card)?

Aoso whats the card inside the case for? Is it just a Gears of War 2 style thing to stop buying it pre-owned?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Well I got it, but I need more HDD space.. lame.

And I have to wait for the xbox to update.. so much waiting.

Milpool

Rizob said:
How about your car doing an occasional jitter during replays, as though the game loses track of where it is for 1/2 a second before snapping back into place?

I get this too, I noticed it in the demo but just assumed it would get fixed. It happens so frequently that the replays aren't very enjoyable.

ShogunX

m0dus said:
another VIP car--MASS EFFECT Land Rover with a MAKO inspired design:

732qdd.jpg

9bhh5s.jpg

Being a Massive Mass Effect fan I just couldn't help but notice that in the 1st picture the over all look of Commander Shepard is slightly off and the 2nd with the bonnet view the head looks too small for the body or maybe its the shoulders and breast sections are too buff.

Obviously I am nowhere near the level of you guys in terms of designs and before anybody asks - Of course couldn't do any better but that's not the point, Its just after seeing your other designs I guess I expected this one to be pixel perfect :lol

Edit - Actually the look is good. Just the width of Shepard on the bonnet -

masseffect.jpg

See? Not quite as wide.

Jinjo

I wanted to order the LE, but the site I usually go to is still waiting on the numbers it is getting. Really now? On releaseday? Last time I'll shop there. Do any Dutch guys here know where I can acquire myself a LE today?

AMUSIX

Spent the night racing and tuning. Still can't get that 68 GTO right, but am getting closer. Don't even know what I'll do with it when I'm done...

Started to build an A-class RX-7. Looks like it's work out well, except I've discovered something....most cars, if you bump up two classes or more, will never be fully competitive. The problem lies in control. You can add tons of power and speed, which will raise your PI, but you can only add a relatively small amount of control. Meaning all of those A-class classics may end up as nothing more than rocket sleds.

The key word, of course, is may. I'm fighting it with tuning, but when your competition is rated at a 7.0 handling, and you can't get over a 5.7, that's a big gap to clear.

In any case, tomorrow I'll finish up the RX7, maybe give it a nice paint job, and then figure out what the hell I'm going to do with it.

AMUSIX

Kryten said:
Does the game ever give up on putting you at the back of the grid in single player? Do I just need to read more?
I believe you will always start in 6th place. Which is a pain, because I've lost so many races in those first few seconds. The driver in the pole position will always be the best/fastest, and so he pulls away from the pack cleanly. Meanwhile you've got to fight your way past, and if you don't do it quick enough, you're spending the rest of the race watching first place drive unhindered while you are constantly being slowed by the guy battling you for second.

123rl

I'll say it now: this is the best console racer of this generation. It is excellent! I was happy with the demo but never really hooked on playing it. THe full game though just feels better. I've found my ideal set up/difficulty and I love it. I played it for about 5 hours last night/this morning, finally switching it off at 3am after sniping an S-Spec Porsche 911 at Auction for 5000 credits:lol

Falt

I'll be picking up the LE in a few hours and then I'll be stuck looking at it for a few hours more, working late tonight, bah!

Has anyone purchased the Toyota Sprinter Trueno yet? Seeing as it's the closest thing to a Corolla (as far as I know, I'm by no means a gear head), I can't wait to see what it's like. I'd appreciate a shot or two if so.

Mightily pissed off that the sound problems don't appear to be just in my head.
Others have experienced similar problems with sound pops and lags.
One might be replicatable by others -
Tsukuba Short - After first corner, before the esses.

Fantasmo said:
Mightily pissed off that the sound problems don't appear to be just in my head.
Others have experienced similar problems with sound pops and lags.
One might be replicatable by others -
Tsukuba Short - After first corner, before the esses.
Indeed. Someone at AV Forums had sound problems and then his 360 froze. I've just started so no problems yet (hopefully not at all).
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but the VIP cars I see locked in the game, there's no way to get them unless you bought the LE game? Will they be future DLC? Are they actually on the disc and the codes unlock them, or what?

Also there's no option to put the gears on the right stick. Well, there is but they're backwards and the accelerator is on the left trigger and brake on the right. Again a developer sees fit to deny their customers the option to customise the controllers the way they would like it. God knows why developers do this. However I'm very happy to find I can adjust the sensitivity of my input. Good to see!

And I really don't like starting in 8th all the time. Give me qualifying so the fastest is in pole. And there's no neutral? Maybe if I use the clutch/manual transmission?

But it's a good game, just not the be-all-and-end-all of racing games.

Arucardo

Been playing this all morning and my god, it's good :D . I've yet to get in to the painting stuff and I've hardly looked around the marketplace yet.

Zhuk

Banned
Just spent my first evening in Forza 3 racing and I bought my first car, a JZA80 Toyota Supra (since Turn 10 decided to put the crappy SC430 Soarer which no one who knows anything about Soarers likes especially over the earlier Soarers such as JZZ30 which is my daily driver :() and i'm having an absolute blast tuning and upgrading her to my tastes.

The upgrade system is a huge improvement over Forza 2 but I was hoping that this time they would try and match the credits closer to real world prices, it's like 12,000 credits for a ignition upgrade when in reality a good set of aftermarket coilpacks and iridium spark plugs all up would cost you about $800 in Australia. Another improvement i'd like to see in the next Forza is the use of actual aftermarket products on the market rather than the street/race system they have now, and more variety in aftermarket brands, because in real life I wouldn't be caught dead putting a K&N pod filter in my car when I could buy an Apexi Power Intake for a little bit more.

The career mode is fantastic and i'm glad they went in a new direction as it spices up the game immensely. I hope Turn 10 make a habit of this as the career mode in racing games on consoles has gotten pretty stale.

Slackbladder said:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but the VIP cars I see locked in the game, there's no way to get them unless you bought the LE game?
You can actually see the VIP cars locked? There were locked cars on my brother's copy of the game (he has normal, I have LTD)... but they were all cars from the second disc. Everything unlocked once he installed the second disc.

KHarvey16

Psychotext said:
You can actually see the VIP cars locked? There were locked cars on my brother's copy of the game (he has normal, I have LTD)... but they were all cars from the second disc. Everything unlocked once he installed the second disc.

Not sure about release copies, but the green disks definitely had some locked cars in the dealer inventory. That ZR1 taunted me! :lol

Darklord

Banned
Psychotext said:

In the Giant Bomb quick look you can see the VIP cars locked but still there.

Psychotext said:
Yeah, I can see them, greyed out with a big padlock over them. Kinda' annoying, seeing as I can see them I'd like to earn them by, I dunno', playing the game I just spent £40 on. Certainly seems odd to taunt you with content you can't get.

The cockpit FOV does work. It's much better when set to 62 degrees. Why it's not like that as standard I don't understand, or have the option of adjusting it. Test Drive Unlimited let you do that, iirc.

Anyway, I'm cracking on with the game. I'm getting into it a bit more now.

RayStorm

Iknos said:
Though I did read in that thread that there is no system link...is this true?

It is. And I do wonder, why that is.
That means I won't be playing F3 with my mates and that they might not even buy it. Awesome!

I seriously hope that this somehow finds it way in, after all, system link is required for multi screen gaming, the lobby system is there by way of xbox live. So why just not have a fucking system link playing option in there?
Truth be told, the system link has always been lacking behind other games with no split screen while playing in system link in previous iterations. But still, to just cut it out completely? That does not make any sense to me at all.

It kind of reeks like a move to get people to play via xbox live. But that must be just my worst nightmare and far from the truth, right?

Strange. Maybe I just didn't look in any of the dealers with the VIP cars. What does it say when you try to select one? (For instance, if you try to select a disc 2 car it says that you need to install the content)

Top Bottom