• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

DieselRainbow

Neo Member
GAF help. I have the day off today and the girlfriend is away tonight... do I buy Forza3!?
I felt Forza2 got a bit boring quite fast. I love Gran Turismo & PGR though!
Thoughts!? :lol

Saiyu

Zhuk said:
...because in real life I wouldn't be caught dead putting a K&N pod filter in my car when I could buy an Apexi Power Intake for a little bit more.

The career mode is fantastic and i'm glad they went in a new direction as it spices up the game immensely. I hope Turn 10 make a habit of this as the career mode in racing games on consoles has gotten pretty stale.

How dare you knock K&N! (OK so I got a set for free)

I agree about the career; I'm having to hold myself back otherwise I'll just be on it all day. Storefront is awesome, confirmed by the presence of Senna S logos for 1000 and Nurburgring stickers for the same price.

Still no game from postman, bbc news is saying it may be up to 7 days before the backlog is cleared.

I'm going to send a complaint email to blockbuster, yeah they sent out the item a little earlier then normal but they only allowed 1 day for the item to get to it's location, which mine did not.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Storefront down?

DieselRainbow said:
GAF help. I have the day off today and the girlfriend is away tonight... do I buy Forza3!?
I felt Forza2 got a bit boring quite fast. I love Gran Turismo & PGR though!
Thoughts!? :lol
I get more of a PGR feeling from Forza 3 than I did Forza 2. Definitely a better game than 2.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Awesome night of FM3! I gotta hand it to TURN10. They have made a racing game that my girlfriend likes :lol We have played through the first two seasons and its getting better and better.

13z91s7.jpg

2rqlych.jpg

2jedais.jpg

x3x3sp.jpg

10e1q3d.jpg

Magni

Fortinbras said:
My first attempts:

http://i38.tinypic.com/30hxx1d.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/28km1k4.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/11rw3ls.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/11r59x2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/21mcbyx.jpg

I read that as "SALAUDS" ("bastards!" in French), was pretty funny imagining all those waiting for their copies yelling this. Ah well, I'm on break now, gonna go pick up my copy of the Halo Encyclopedia from the post office, and then it's Forza time :D

I picked this up on the afternoon of the 22nd with the MS wheel.

2ihxvtz.jpg

29deliw.jpg

30k565c.jpg

It's my first real foray into racing sims, especially with a wheel, and it's AWESOME. I instantly turned every assist off, clutchless manual, and I've had a blast just learning how to race. The game is absolutely stunning from a technical perspective.

Thomas post update on his blog, yeah, looks like the wheel is on the way to me. May be if they ship it now, I might get it by next week just after Forza 3 release here in the US.

"UPDATE 12

All advanced shipment wheels have been processed yesterday and the first wheels already arrived at customers. The delay because of the bulk shipment was maximum one day but it costs 150 USD instead of 400 USD so I am sure that was in the interest of all advanced shipment buyers.

The airfreight wheels will arrive today in our US distribution center and on Monday in our German distribution center and of course we will ship them right away to their final destination."

I just found out this game doesn't have any fucking system link support.

Wtf guys?

I can't get on XBL with my shitty campus internet, so I was kinda counting on the LAN option. This is very disappointing.

ShapeGSX

I posted this a few pages back, but it was the last post on the page of a fast moving thread.

Is it true that you can not change the tune of a car while you are in an online lobby? Public or private?

I make 2 tunes for every car. One is for high acceleration. The other is for high speed. Basically just gearing changes.

If I can't swap to a different tune while in an online lobby, I'm going to have to build 2 of every car. :(

In Forza 2, you could even tweak a tune. Why the hell would they take this out?

lil smoke

Banned
ShapeGSX said:
I posted this a few pages back, but it was the last post on the page of a fast moving thread.

Is it true that you can not change the tune of a car while you are in an online lobby? Public or private?

I make 2 tunes for every car. One is for high acceleration. The other is for high speed. Basically just gearing changes.

If I can't swap to a different tune while in an online lobby, I'm going to have to build 2 of every car. :(

In Forza 2, you could even tweak a tune. Why the hell would they take this out?
It appears that there are some omissions from FM2 multiplayer that some of us are hoping they'll 'remember'.

... but yeah, no tweaking between races? o wow.

ShapeGSX

lil smoke said:
It appears that there are some omissions from FM2 multiplayer that some of us are hoping they'll 'remember'.

... but yeah, no tweaking between races? o wow.

A big part of the fun of tweaking a tune between races was watching your rivals speed past you as you slam into the rev limiter in 6th gear because you were to aggressive with the ratios. :) "Son of a bitch!"

erahk64

m0dus said:
So wait. I went and ordered my wheel in September--Am I to assume it will not be arriving until, say, November?

According to info at www.911wheel.com, all open orders will be shipped in october and
it will take about 4-6 weeks to ship them from China to Europe by boat, 3-4 weeks from China to US.
So it will probably arrive in november or december,depending on where you live.

If you payed for advanced shipment, you will receive it this week or next week (I got my Turbo S wheel + Clubsport pedals + Fanatec wheel stand today and I live in Sweden).

lil smoke

Banned
ShapeGSX said:
A big part of the fun of tweaking a tune between races was watching your rivals speed past you as you slam into the rev limiter in 6th gear because you were to aggressive with the ratios. :) "Son of a bitch!"
Yeah that'll get you on the Nurburgring in a close race for sure :D

god damn it.

How does Euro Gaf cope with waiting for a game that's been released for other regions? I know its only a couple of days between the US release but it seems like its weeks.

[Nintex]

ExtraKr1spy said:
god damn it.

How does Euro Gaf cope with waiting for a game that's been released for other regions? I know its only a couple of days between the US release but it seems like its weeks.
We just bitch and moan that Europe always gets the shaft and yell damn you "insert game company here".

Also, anyone else having trouble uploading photo's? I'm working on a SEGA card but the photo I took won't upload :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fortinbras said:
Like this?

2ykn8t3.jpg

:D

can you set the camera for vertical shots or do you have to manually "roll" it, then flip it properly after exporting it?

nice shots by the way. loving the high contrast/over exposed/super colorful shots. time for a photothread.

Arjen

Jeez im such a nerd..
Came home, no Forza or a note from the postman that i wasn't home and i could pick it up at the postoffice. I was kinda pissed and my buddy was already playing and having a blast. So i thought postman fucked up or whatever god knows when he's gonna deliver it. So i went to my local shop and bought a regular copy.
I'm playing for about an hour when i heard the door ring, my neighbour with a package that he held on to when the postman came....yep..my copy of the LCE..

But damn, this game is such an improvement over FM2, so good.
Taking a small break now, but it's gonna be a looooooooooong session today :D

op_ivy

from the EDGE review
Borrowed from Grid but, bravely, implemented without restriction here, in reality the ability to rewind and retry missed apices, overshot exits or overambitious braking points contributes to better driving. Meaning that, far from having to apply monk-like discipline, the longer you play, the less you come to rely on the option.

well said. should make learning new courses a better (and quicker) experience.

detractors, take note.

blanky

op_ivy said:
from the EDGE review

detractors, take note.

That's what I've been using it for, so many new tracks and little mistakes getting used to new cars+new tracks and first time on the wheel makes it useful. Otherwise it would take me forever.

m0dus said:
So wait. I went and ordered my wheel in September--Am I to assume it will not be arriving until, say, November?

This is how I understand it, if you paid the extra advance air shipping, then you should get it about now, as those got ship directly from factory in China.

If you pre-order it from June and before, you will get it sometimes in the next 2-3 weeks, depends on how fast they can process order from their distribution center.

If you pre-order after June, the wheels are on the way by boat from China and they will get here in November and that when they will ship out those batch.

I used MS wheel currently wih the Fanatec stand, and I can't remember where I put those bolts, that I will need to mount the Porsche wheel...now I got to go look for them.

op_ivy said:
from the EDGE review

detractors, take note.

I am currently playing Shift while I am waiting for Forza 3, and I really wish there's a rewind mode in it. It's so frustrating to restart the race over and over ...

saladine1

WTF!
Why are my damping settings being reversed every time I change from one car to another?
Is this some sort of glitch or what?

op_ivy

antiquegamer said:
I am currently playing Shift while I am waiting for Forza 3, and I really wish there's a rewind mode in it. It's so frustrating to restart the race over and over ...

especially with those bastard ai drivers!

i <3 shift

R0nn

saladine1 said:
WTF!
Why are my damping settings being reversed every time I change from one car to another?
Is this some sort of glitch or what?

Uhh, you have individual tune setups for every car right? So it's only natural that would happen. You can save each tune setup though, but it will still be tied to that car.

KaYotiX

Banned
m0dus said:
Hey, I wanted, first, to let everyone know the livery/photo thread is ON ITS WAY. I'm making a special spot for Jube3's tutorials, and I'm posting some FM2 ones that will be helpful as well.

Well, here's the deal--Since you came up with a good pic for me to do, send me the car you want it on, I'll throw together something nice and special for ya.

I went ahead and created a full livery based around it that I'm going to sell on the storefront (these shots are kinda washed out--the actual pic has far more color):

o7ni1x.jpg

2mhyohz.jpg

2czeelg.jpg

Though I imagine you want something more 'personal' :p

OMG i want that car!! Change the pink to a lighter shade of blue though :) Chun-li is my fav SF char and bad ass job man!!!

Iknos

Fantasmo said:
Mightily pissed off that the sound problems don't appear to be just in my head.
Others have experienced similar problems with sound pops and lags.
One might be replicatable by others -
Tsukuba Short - After first corner, before the esses.

Have you installed the game? PGR4 had the same issues when installed.

Fallout-NL said:
I can't get on XBL with my shitty campus internet, so I was kinda counting on the LAN option. This is very disappointing.

Hajaz said:
no systemlink is a major letdown.
i have 2 360s and i was planning on getting a second copy for lan play

RayStorm said:
I seriously hope that this somehow finds it way in, after all, system link is required for multi screen gaming, the lobby system is there by way of xbox live. So why just not have a fucking system link playing option in there?
Truth be told, the system link has always been lacking behind other games with no split screen while playing in system link in previous iterations. But still, to just cut it out completely? That does not make any sense to me at all.

First off I gotta say it's BS that if I wanted to compare FM3 to other games in terms of LAN capabilities I'd be banned...yet people can post stuff like this and not have to worry about anything.

So I'll be very very general here. System link is a standard and should have been in there no ifs ands or buts and split screen SL would have been very nice too. But the lack of SL is very odd because it's fairly fundamental IMO.

Nevermind that it's something that my buddies and I do for numerous racers. Let's say that outside of my circle of friends that no one else has racing LAN parties...

Wouldn't it be useful when showcasing it at events or making it an official MLG game? Speaking of MLG I'm pretty sure they've had Forza 2 and PGR3/4 as competitive games.

Here's a workaround if you have access to the internet: Create new Silver accounts for each of your Xboxes with the game. You get a month of Gold free and so you can continue on with your LAN party. I don't know if the network conditions are ideal or if any amount of LAG is still present...but it would work I would think. If you have a LAN party at community centers or places like that that have no Internet access then you are screwed.

In unrelated good news for me...I got a confirmed LE pre-order for myself! Long story short:
-not too long after E3 announcement go to EB to pre-order LE edition and they say that the LE SKU is not in their system. Since this is in Canada I wasn't surprised things are usually like this. They say I should pre-order the regular and upgrade to LE when it appears in their system.
-go a couple months later to upgrade and they say LE is sold out completely across Canada
-so I pre-order at all the EBs in my area in case anyone doesn't want the LE the day of release I can upgrade
-just went to EB to see if they have an accurate picture of how many LE's are coming in and how many pre-orders they have.
-they have 15 coming in and 14 LE pre-orders! This was in a smaller not very busy EB Games so I think I got lucky!

Also I just ordered the Fanatec wheel. I am not really able to afford it until early next year...but I really can't wait for it I'm fed up with my MS Wheel which I will try to fix and if that fails I'll be wheel-less for a while.

saladine1

R0nn said:
Uhh, you have individual tune setups for every car right? So it's only natural that would happen. You can save each tune setup though, but it will still be tied to that car.
The problem is, that when I save the tune to my car, and use different vehicle for another race, then return to that tuned car I see....damping settings are reversed!

Top Bottom