• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

saladine1 said:
The problem is, that when I save the tune to my car, and use different vehicle for another race, then return to that tuned car I see....damping settings are reversed!
A game is not a AAA release now days without a bug or two to squish with a patch soon after launch.

bj00rn_

Banned
Iknos said:
The redone lighting of the FM2 tracks look a lot better to me.

You guys are doing a great job of making the wait painful. :)

Yeah, all the tracks have been pretty heavily upgraded, both the lighting and details. Even the sense of scale has somewhat been changed. The pictures and videos does not do the game justice. I've been playing the game for a few days and the difference between Forza 2 and 3 is bigger than I thought, physics, graphically and gameplay. Even some of the tracks that I didn't like in Forza 2 (Sebring, Atlanta etc., they all look very very nice now..)

eso76

Keikoku said:
I hate it personnally. It's the only track with Sebring that I found to be ugly.

really ? oh well, it's the most realistic looking to me.
Only track i really don't like is Laguna Seca, it really looks like fm2's.

Iknos

eso76 said:
really ? oh well, it's the most realistic looking to me.
Only track i really don't like is Laguna Seca, it really looks like fm2's.

I saw a comparison vid somewhere and the FM3 version looked a lot better in the technical aspects of the lighting. The lighting conditions and overall look was similar and I suppose those wanting a change would be disappointed.

From the vids I've seen I'm happy. To me it looks a lot more realistic.

123rl

I love this game! Turn 10, you have made me enjoy racing games again. I know it's to be expected now but I just found a Lancers vs Impreza race :D I won pretty comfortably since my Lancer is a fucking BEAST but it was fun nonetheless. Right at the start this happened and I had to take a photo. For some reason it just struck me as a great opportunity.

4037324777_d58b79e55a.jpg

Two Imprezas and I speed right through the gap in the middle. I was in 1st by the end of the first lap and they didn't even come close to catching me

eso76

Iknos said:
I saw a comparison vid somewhere and the FM3 version looked a lot better in the technical aspects of the lighting. The lighting conditions and overall look was similar and I suppose those wanting a change would be disappointed.

From the vids I've seen I'm happy. To me it looks a lot more realistic.

well, might be because i never really liked it in fm2 and always tried to avoid it, my memory might be playing tricks on me.

Oh, btw, you guys should really experience fujimi kaido yourself to understand how amazing the driving experience in forza 3 is. I had seen videos, but i wasn't prepared for that.

I personally prefer the reverse version, which starts as uphill until you get to the peak (which will take you around 3/4 minutes on a class B car) when it becomes an extreme roller coaster downhill ride.

oh, did you guys try the F40 yet ? i love it's voice.

Iknos said:
Have you installed the game? PGR4 had the same issues when installed.

Certainly have. Reading a load of other reports of pops with the sound. Will try running from disc tomorrow and see if that's any better.

Noticed a sound glitch on Laguna Seca. Just as you're about to pass under the bridge after the 5th corner I hear the thunk-thunk noise like I'm riding over rumble strips but I'm dead center of the track. Even at very low speed it happens. Not picking holes, just an odd thing.

I do feel that some tracks are identical to their FM2 versions. Laguna Seca is, down to the last bush and skidmark. The lighting may be improved but I still find the contrast too severe. It's like the ambient light is missing. One side of the car is covered in sunlight, the other completely black. On a sunny day (and particularly in the glare of a race track) that doesn't happen. Still, it is an improvement, but I've seen better.

Milchmonster said:
One question:

Am I fucked with my VIP membership because I'm a silver member?
I would say yes, kind of pointless if you can't use the AH or whatever as a silver member.

cjelly said:
The Storefront is loaded with anime stuff from the Japanese players already. :lol
Pics, or stick peppa pig on the side of a ferrari plz.

Jinjo

So I managed to snag a LCE copy in the local store. Lucky me. They even had the pre-order car code and free forza flag laying there up for grabs. :D

I have to say this LE is one of the better ones. You are definitely getting more value for your cash. (and it was only 59,99 euros too here, which I was expecting to pay for the normal edition, lol)

So I entered my VIP membership code and got my cars and everything, but it says you're supposed to get a free theme too? But I am not seeing that anywhere. Not in the dashboard options and I can't find an option in Forza 3 to activate or something. Is it just not there or something?

Also, what are exactly all the extra's you're getting as VIP member?

Gave career mode a swing and wow is that improved over the previous one. Game looks great. Gave a few circuits from 2 a swing and they sure do look a lot better. The driving overall is way more fun as well. The AI is definitely a lot better.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jinjo said:
it says you're supposed to get a free theme too? But I am not seeing that anywhere. Not in the dashboard options and I can't find an option in Forza 3 to activate or something. Is it just not there or something?

The free LCE Premium Theme is missing...

...don't think Turn 10 has made an official announcement about what's happening with it.

Jube3

Man every week its something new on the FM.net forums. Theres a lot there that latch on to somethhing and grab the pitchforks lol.

Hey M0dus Im almost done with the first part of the collabo. Did you make the logo or do you want me to make it?

cjelly said:
The Storefront is loaded with anime stuff from the Japanese players already. :lol

dumb question incoming: is the storefront/auction house open internationally or still restricted by region?

I never used the auction house in Forza 2 so idk =/

Jube3

fu3lfr3nzy said:
dumb question incoming: is the storefront/auction house open internationally or still restricted by region?

I never used the auction house in Forza 2 so idk =/

Its open, Ive browsed p3tran and stopits stores and they are in Greece and the UK.

op_ivy said:
can you set the camera for vertical shots or do you have to manually "roll" it, then flip it properly after exporting it?

nice shots by the way. loving the high contrast/over exposed/super colorful shots. time for a photothread.

Thanks. You still have to flip the pictures manually after exporting them. I love the photomode by the way. Today I spent hours with this feature.

Too bad the compression fucks it all up. However I got some nice pictures. I'll post some of them tomorrow...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Fender_Uk said:
which shot is better? i cant decide! thanks
First one, but personally I think the car should be pointing left, rather than right, it would flow with the corner and scenery better.

Anyway, starting to get a hold of the tracks now, I can see myself dumping a lot of time once I have completed the game just going back and hitting the leaderboards.

ShapeGSX

Your angled picture reminded me of a car I want to make in Forza 3:
dsc_0133.jpg

That's the AMS car from One Lap 2005 at New Hampshire International Speedway. The car blew out a freeze plug on one of its laps. The plug was in the back of the block. We spent the rest of the day sourcing the right size freeze plug and hammering the damn thing in. What a day that was! :D Wouldn't trade it for anything! :lol

123rl said:
I love this game! Turn 10, you have made me enjoy racing games again. I know it's to be expected now but I just found a Lancers vs Impreza race :D I won pretty comfortably since my Lancer is a fucking BEAST but it was fun nonetheless. Right at the start this happened and I had to take a photo. For some reason it just struck me as a great opportunity.

4037324777_d58b79e55a.jpg

Two Imprezas and I speed right through the gap in the middle. I was in 1st by the end of the first lap and they didn't even come close to catching me

Sexy

That's a gorgeous pic... nevermind the fact that I'm a Subaru homer :D . The autumn trees provided a great backdrop.

Iknos

bj00rn_ said:
Even some of the tracks that I didn't like in Forza 2 (Sebring, Atlanta etc., they all look very very nice now..)

That's what I judge from the screens. I'm sure in motion it's another feeling altogether. Sebring looked cartoony in FM2 but looks awesome in FM3.

ShapeGSX said:
There is a title update coming next week that will allow you to load a custom tune from within an online lobby! :D

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/3098615.aspx

Great to see these things sorted so quickly. This was pretty critical.

Not being able to tune between races is still an issue but hopefully still something they can address in the future.

One of those posts had a good point...

If you are playing with your own party you can always drop out of the lobby and tune your car for that track and then return to the lobby for the race. If I am hosting and I set the track to Road America and a particular class everyone could just leave and tune their cars and then come back ready to race.

It seems that when you use private lobbies and the party system you can do pretty much everything you want. You can create real specific race types and regulations and do all the tuning you'd like between races. But this goes against making the game accessible in some ways.

John Doe hopping onto Forza 3 and not having any friends on XBL is basically restricted to the Hoppers and it would take him a while to find like minded racers. If there was a customs area where he could search for custom race types he could start finding people that share the same interests.

Come to think of it there are millions of combinations of race types. Searching for one or two criteria will still result in a whole plethora of unwanted results.

smik

Router said:
Awesome night of FM3! I gotta hand it to TURN10. They have made a racing game that my girlfriend likes :lol We have played through the first two seasons and its getting better and better.

ditto

blanky

Did anyone do the Corvette Trackdays yet? Christ, The amalfi track with the ZR1 is CRUEL. Who thought this would be fun, gotta be more careful with the throttle than dismantling a bomb and you probably never make it out of 2nd gear. Sure does learn you to control the car. Love the car though, amazing power and nice handling too I think.

Errrr, so I'm getting a US copy in an hour. Are people still getting banned on XBL if they play this before the release, or is it okay now that it's out in Europe?

Can these VIP cars be sold at auction or gifted? I'm curious. I really want that DBS...and that F430 Scuderia...and that Gallardo Superleggera...and that.....

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
blanky said:
Did anyone do the Corvette Trackdays yet? Christ, The amalfi track with the ZR1 is CRUEL. Who thought this would be fun, gotta be more careful with the throttle than dismantling a bomb and you probably never make it out of 2nd gear. Sure does learn you to control the car. Love the car though, amazing power and nice handling too I think.

sounds like it would have been awesome for a cone/kudos challenge (i miss PGR)

eso76

blanky said:
Did anyone do the Corvette Trackdays yet? Christ, The amalfi track with the ZR1 is CRUEL. Who thought this would be fun, gotta be more careful with the throttle than dismantling a bomb and you probably never make it out of 2nd gear.

i've been trying to tell that to people who thought cars in fm3 were a lot easier to control compared to forza 2 :)

unrelated; reflections in chase cam are definitely still 30fps. kind of distracting, Oh well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jube3 said:
Its open, Ive browsed p3tran and stopits stores and they are in Greece and the UK.
Talking of which, I may be completely stupid here but is there a way to search for stores by Gamertag?

While on the subject of me being stupid, the Forza clothing for my avatar, I thought I got some as part of my VIP stuff (I could be wrong), where can I find it?

dejay

Banned
Fender_Uk said:
which shot is better? i cant decide! thanks

xj3.jpg

xj2.jpg

The second. Angles are good to add dynamicism, but that's pretty much a landscape shot with a car in it and it's not meant to convey speed. Also, the background is very busy and and normal shot allows the eye to follow it better and it has enough intersting angles and lines without introducing more.

BlinkGT said:
I BELIEVE I CAN FLY §§

http://hfr-rehost.net/http://self/pic/b8c0356f24b55d0982b0ebaffcf6cb93fd718ba7.jpeg[IMG]

[IMG]http://hfr-rehost.net/http://self/pic/4190533693f9c92f10490601925c5b9445436e75.jpeg[IMG][/QUOTE]
lol. It looks so happy in the second photo. Yeehaw!

Doodis

cjelly said:
Makes me want another proper rally game again. :(
For a game with so many cars and so many tracks, would it have hurt T10 to include a few rally cars and an off-road track? That would have been ace.

kinn

m0dus said:
So wait. I went and ordered my wheel in September--Am I to assume it will not be arriving until, say, November?

Being a little pessimistic but I don't think we will get our wheels until early December.

Senua

dejay said:
The second. Angles are good to add dynamicism, but that's pretty much a landscape shot with a car in it and it's not meant to convey speed. Also, the background is very busy and and normal shot allows the eye to follow it better and it has enough intersting angles and lines without introducing more.
you sold me :D

123rl

This Abarth caused me lots of joy on my first night. I bought one for 1000 credits...sold it for 9000 credits two hours later. I then won it for coming first on a Championship and sold that one for 18000 credits. So, so far, I've probably got way more than I expected for every crappy car I sell. Yet I've picked up a Porsche 911, Ferrari F599, Corvette Z06, TVR Sagaris, and a fully tuned Mitsubishi Lancer for less than 20000 each :lol I love this game!

Angry_Gorilla said:
Sexy

That's a gorgeous pic... nevermind the fact that I'm a Subaru homer :D . The autumn trees provided a great backdrop.

Bigger version: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2562/4037324777_6fdd44c58f_o.jpg

Another photo I took. This time of my Corvette...winning as usual :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2801/4037324861_d5b7fb0876_o.jpg

Top Bottom