• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
[Nintex] said:
Finally uploads are working, just went for a test drive with my new Porsche. :D
igj3sz.jpg

wow..

And so many other pics in the last pages O_O

And 9.5 from gamespot? Holy shit.

Animator

Have been playing this all night with a friend, really kickass game.

Does anyone know if any store in canada has deals on the ms racing wheel?

Surfheart

^^^ I wish the game was that bright!

Che, any plans to implement some sort of brightness control for the game? On my tv the blacks are terribly crushed, almost as if I'm using full range RGB (I'm not). I can adjust the brightness on my tv to compensate, but I'm not too keen on this since it's been professionally calibrated and all my other 360/PS3 games look fine.

AMUSIX

Is the Montserrat location the only 'home space'? (is that even the homespace?) Am I missing where to find others?

I was hoping there'd be a number of them where we could take glamour photos of our cars.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
AMUSIX said:
Is the Montserrat location the only 'home space'? (is that even the homespace?) Am I missing where to find others?

I was hoping there'd be a number of them where we could take glamour photos of our cars.

That's the only one.

Yeah, I'd love to see more... and yes, even if that means paying for it (sorry GAF, I know these things shouldn't be suggested! :lol ).

hamchan

I think you'd actually have to try to take a bad photo of the game, even my first randomly taken photo came out looking good.

After playing this game for hours I felt myself getting sleepy. It seems I get driver's fatigue whenever I play too long.:lol
Now when I play long races I listen to a podcast at the same time. I also kinda zone out but for some reason my instincts kick in and I can still drive properly.:D

Also, why is this thread so small? Is this game still not out in NA?

Nyx

Have to say that I really like the driving in this game, better than Forza 2 for sure.

Also noticed how important the force feedback is, it really gives you an intense feeling when you're driving over a bumpy road with 200 mph.

dejay

Banned
I have a soft spot for the '06 VW GTI, since my ex had one. I wanted my game version to look exactly like it, but with better performance, so I made it AWD and put a heap of engine mods on it but without that many handling mods. It's really quite fun to drive now.

hamchan said:
Also, why is this thread so small? Is this game still not out in NA?

Out on the 27th in NA I believe.

eso76

saladine1 said:
So...when is FM4 coming out..?

launch title for xbox720 believe.

they already have the high poly models for 450 cars (will be 600 by the time forza 4 hits) and the high res textures. I don't think having 16 of those on the track will be a problem for next gen consoles.

one thing they should really do is pre bake lighting onto scenery and make a better use of ambient light and take more photographs to use as textures for grass, etc.

Get rid of those blurred rims.

Really, just do that, include all DLC, have everything run in 1080p with 4xAA, call it Forza 3 Evo and i will be all over it.

Now, Forza 4 should include weather, night racing, a completely redone damage system (which would require you guys to model what's under the hood / inside the trunk for each car, doors as separate objects etc)...

Btw, you guys better make sure Xbox720 retains full compatibility with the Fanatec wheel :p

Still no game in my mailbox :( by the time I get my blockbuster copy it's going to be american release day.

eso76 said:
Now, Forza 4 should include weather, night racing, a completely redone damage system (which would require you guys to model what's under the hood / inside the trunk for each car, doors as separate objects etc)...
WHen you crash in forza 2 and 3 you can get scratches in places they should not. I think turn10 need to learn the difference in bending metal and scratching it :D

Hit a wall, rub hard or whatever should make those deep grey scratches appear on the cars, but a knock into another car should only bend the metal, not make huge grey stripes appear on the roof.

eso76 said:
launch title for xbox720 believe.

they already have the high poly models for 450 cars (will be 600 by the time forza 4 hits) and the high res textures. I don't think having 16 of those on the track will be a problem for next gen consoles.

one thing they should really do is pre bake lighting onto scenery and make a better use of ambient light and take more photographs to use as textures for grass, etc.

Get rid of those blurred rims.

Really, just do that, include all DLC, have everything run in 1080p with 4xAA, call it Forza 3 Evo and i will be all over it.

Btw, you guys better make sure Xbox720 retains full compatibility with the Fanatec wheel :p

Humm... eso76, I believe they already pre bake lighting and static shadows (tracks) in FM3, in order to not calculate that in real time... I think they will have to make a full dynamic lighting in FM4 to really have day/night cycles and weather... (like PGR4). In FM3 they learned how to use normal maps, have a better lighting model and use a 60fps hirez cubemap for the reflections...
On a side note... Turn 10, when are you going to use the xenos tessellator? It would be great for the LOD

amar212

WTF IS GOING ON WITH THE MATCHMAKING IN LAST TWO DAYS!?!?!?

Game gets released and everyting goes to hell.

Nobody to play with, 1-1 matches only if anyone ever accpts to matchamke, this is ridiculous.

Come on Che, what is going on with the Live, this is plain unacceptable..

Milpool

Is anyone using the logitech drivefx wheel? I'm having a problem where there's a deadzone between 1 and 2 o'clock, it's nearly impossible to corner smoothly since nothing is registered there and it just jumps between the 2 spots. Happens in the opposite direction too and messing with the deadzone settings didn't help.

/cry

eso76

Tiago Leite said:
Humm... eso76, I believe they already pre bake lighting and static shadows (tracks) in FM3, in order to not calculate that in real time... I think they will have to make a full dynamic lighting in FM4 to really have day/night cycles and weather... (like PGR4). In FM3 they learned how to use normal maps, have a better lighting model and use a 60fps hirez cubemap for the reflections...
On a side note... Turn 10, when are you going to use the xenos tessellator? It would be great for the LOD

yes, of course they pre bake shadows, what i meant is something like baking radiosity / photon mapping onto textures...Something like Mirror's Edge, because one of the reasons why Fm3 doesn't always look completely realistic is backgrounds, more often than cars themselves.

It looks like they did something like this for Catalunya, actually.

Of course, if xbox720 allowed them to use full unified lighting for everything, that would allow T10 to imlpement night/day racing properly, but personally i am not sure i really need that.

Btw, cubemap is still 30fps. Reflections are 60fps and use a highres framebuffer grab in hood and cockpit view, but are still 30 fps when using 3rd person view; hadn't noticed in the demo.

Arjen

amar212 said:
WTF IS GOING ON WITH THE MATCHMAKING IN LAST TWO DAYS!?!?!?

Game gets released and everyting goes to hell.

Nobody to play with, 1-1 matches only if anyone ever accpts to matchamke, this is ridiculous.

Come on Che, what is going on with the Live, this is plain unacceptable..

Had the same problem yesterday, hope that gets fixed

ShapeGSX

eso76 said:
Btw, cubemap is still 30fps. Reflections are 60fps and use a highres framebuffer grab in hood and cockpit view, but are still 30 fps when using 3rd person view; hadn't noticed in the demo.

Do cars reflect other cars? That was something that they touted in Forza 2, but I haven't heard about in Forza 3.

Picked both this and borderlands up yesterday, and to my surprise, this actually took up more of my evening than borderlands!

Really digging it so far, and I really disliked Forza 2, but decided to try 3 due to the giantbomb quicklook, that showed it was distant enough from 2 to try and give it a go (2 didn't gel, with the "choose your region, choose your car, win one tournament, get such crazy cars you'd never use a normal car again....the progression just seemed off....)

It's fabulous, the driving engine feels remarkably different to Gran Tourismo, and whilst I'd say GT does the effects of braking better than Forza (autobreak is set to off, so that's not messing around with anything), Forza gives a much better handling experience and the emphasis of speed.

Forza's AI is damn sweet as well, but not as insane as the AI in NFS:Shift.

I think I've just found my new fave racing game :-D

Auction House is a brilliant idea as well, bought a 52,000 Lexus IS-F in the auction house for 20,000 last night!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Boy do i feel like a pro

drifting my fairlady Z 94' with the man/clutch on the online drift matches

even got along with a few english fellas :D

Recoil

Ziploc said:
Don't forget Toronto Gaffers, chance to play F3 early is today!

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Games/splash/f/forzamotorsport3/driveyourdreams/

So come say hi. I'll be the one driving a green Miata Speedster. I wear a yellow brake disk keychain on my belt loop. I'd like to meet some Gaffers.

Heading there soon, I'll be on the lookout for you. :D

(Of course, by the time I'm posting this at 12:09, you should already be speeding around that track, but...)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just been playing some Rally Di Positano & Fujimi Kaido full circuit races with a buddy online. He was in the 207 Super 2000, I was in my A599 Fiesta.

Man, what a rush those tracks are.

I know it's been stated a million times, by myself and others in this thread, but please, Turn 10, more tracks like this. Or a rally game. :D

Are the online tournaments (which were a big feature of Forza 2) missing from Forza 3? Are they hidden somewhere? Haven't heard anyone talk about it.

Jinjo

Forza 3 is definitely more accessible to new players. My dad struggled with racing in Forza 2 (even with the assists ), while in this game he actually beat me in a 1 vs. 1 race on Le Mans using our real life cars. (Lexus IS350 vs. Toyota MR2) He had the edge on the straights, but it was definitely an intense race.

But yeah great job by Turn 10 keeping the game accessible to new players so I have some people to race against. My dad is no gamer by any means. Last time he touched a console was in the Megadrive era.:lol

Gowans

Just about to chime in about matchmaking but can see it's the sane for you guys.

It's broken, lots & lots of 1v1.

Checked my router n nat million times defo the game.

There goes my sat night session till my friends get on after xfactor.

ShapeGSX said:
Do cars reflect other cars? That was something that they touted in Forza 2, but I haven't heard about in Forza 3.

Sadly no... there was 1 screenshot in FM2...

They showed that could be implemented, but I really believe they haven't the horsepower to do it realtime, for all the cars.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, that was very fun.

I am currently just playing through the race list (In my Exige I won earlier), and was doing a race on the Iberian International Circuit. I won the race and noticed P3Tran about 28 places ahead of me, in the top 100 (And only about 4 tenths ahead).

So of course, I restart and set about trying to beat his time. The first few attempts were rubbish, i kept on going overboard, then out of nowhere, it all clicked; 45.892, 21st in the world, over a second and a half quicker. *smug mode*

Also, playing without certain assists is so much fun, the TCS is such a hand holder, but it also means that it rapes your ability to hold speed after cornering. When you turn it off, you have to learn the throttle on each car, as they all behave differently, but when you do, you go that much faster.

Edit: I uploaded my replay to my storefront, if anyone wants to see it, search for replays with a Lotus Exige, with Racing and Exciting as the flags.

Been playing this on the big TV today and had the best fun for a long time.
Nothing beats driving the Veyron at 230mph into a Datsun at the other end of the Le Mans classic straight :D

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I visited two non-chain game stores today but they refused to sell it goddammit >.>

Toronto GAFers: I heard that Future Shop is selling it tomorrow. Anyone confirm this?

eso76

ok, stop the press.

I finally detached from the game to grab the day 1 DLC.

Great, so i type in the code, xboxlive tells me i can download a 460MB worth of content for the game and download starts.

About halfway through my internet connection fails, my xbox loses connection to xbox live and the download (which cannot be put to background) stops.

So, now my day one content is nowhere to be found, It's not listed among the game contents i can download, it's not in my active downloads tab, it sure as hell isn't in my forza motorsport 3.

i tried typing the code again and i was told the code was used already and i should use a new one.

WHAT
THE
FUCK
?

Tiago Leite said:
Sadly no... there was 1 screenshot in FM2...

They showed that could be implemented, but I really believe they haven't the horsepower to do it realtime, for all the cars.
In F3 cars do reflect in the hood and cockpit views (if the car has a visible bonnet in cockpit) due to a buffer trick, otherwise it's a no.

acm2000 said:
more in title update?

i want a run down garage with some chavs kicking a football about in the background, just perfect to park a vw mk2 golf in
We also need a car park at night outside a block of council flats with dogs barking.

tissot

RSTEIN said:
I visited two non-chain game stores today but they refused to sell it goddammit >.>

Toronto GAFers: I heard that Future Shop is selling it tomorrow. Anyone confirm this?

If you ever find the answer to this, make sure you post it here or PM me. I'm dying to play this.

AMUSIX

Well, getting close to finalizing my 3-rotor, naturally aspirated Savanna RX7. Tops out at about 211, and gets to 60 in 3.8 seconds. Oh, and it can turn as well...though the throttle is very touchy, and it's easy to kick out those rear wheels mid-turn.

Not sure what to do next, though. I've got this GTO sitting there mocking me, but I've already spent too much on aborted attempts that I'm a little pissed at it. I'd like to work on one of the 10 classics from the DLC, but I'm seriously lacking in funds. Right now, tuners simply cannot make money...I'm hoping that changes over time, but I can't see how it will.

eso76

Gowans007 said:
eso go to account management / download history & nab it there. The second you dl anything it's logged, you're safe.

thanks, i was panicking :D

time to post pics...in the other thread

KaYotiX

Banned
AMUSIX said:
Well, getting close to finalizing my 3-rotor, naturally aspirated Savanna RX7. Tops out at about 211, and gets to 60 in 3.8 seconds. Oh, and it can turn as well...though the throttle is very touchy, and it's easy to kick out those rear wheels mid-turn.

Not sure what to do next, though. I've got this GTO sitting there mocking me, but I've already spent too much on aborted attempts that I'm a little pissed at it. I'd like to work on one of the 10 classics from the DLC, but I'm seriously lacking in funds. Right now, tuners simply cannot make money...I'm hoping that changes over time, but I can't see how it will.

if your decent at tuning ill buy from you :D i tried in F2 and i just dont like doing it

Top Bottom