• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

pilonv1

Can Che or someone link me up to an explaination of unverified laps and what will cause it and when and for how long it lasts?

rise888

My friends are challenging each other to a $50k budget drag race challenge. (including cost of car). Stakes are pink slips and there's a $15 buy in
Does anyone have any ideas to suggest?
I'm thinking of maybe a zr1 swap into a trans am and then focus on weight reduction

TofuEater

rise888 said:
My friends are challenging each other to a $50k budget drag race challenge. (including cost of car). Stakes are pink slips and there's a $15 buy in
Does anyone have any ideas to suggest?
I'm thinking of maybe a zr1 swap into a trans am and then focus on weight reduction

50k ingame?

Zr1 engine swap is already way too expensive if you factor in the cost of the cheapest chev.

Get a Datsun 510, stick a r34 engine or the v8 TT from the R390 roadcar and whack on AWD. Then go from there.

Rizob

Rizob said:
How can i get the game to always start the race in bumper cam view? It seems that the game just randomly picks a view at the beginning of each race.

Also, is there a way to search by peoples Gamertags on the Storefront? I've seen a few designs in this thread that i want to buy! :D
Anyone? It's driving me nuts having to change the view at the beginning of each race.

Rizob said:
Anyone? It's driving me nuts having to change the view at the beginning of each race.

Its in the HUD options from memory, which view you start with. It remembers I always start with Cockpit view however, but you can set it manually.

FrankT

Lionheart1827 said:
I hope so, I didnt get a call from mine :(

Well, it doesn't look like every GS is doing it, but you can tell from that thread some are for sure. I will call mine tomorrow to be sure. I can double dip as it will be the 27th technically and I should be able to pick up my L4D2 demo code as well.

Calling would def be the best way to find out. I didn't get a call from GS, instead..i got a TEXT instead. :lol

So maybe if you don't receive text messages just try calling them.

AMUSIX

pilonv1 said:
Can Che or someone link me up to an explaination of unverified laps and what will cause it and when and for how long it lasts?
Not sure how long each lasts, but here goes:

-Going off the track (even 1 wheel...some small buffer areas on some turns, but most are instantaneous)
-making contact with anything (be it a car, a wall, a cone)
-damaging your car in any way (destroy your clutch, bottom out, flip...)
-being close behind another car (game reads it as drafting, instant ! )
-someone being too close behind you (same as above)
-hitting rewind

also, if you commit a penalty shortly before you start a new lap, the new lap will get an automatic ! . This is to prevent things like slingshotting and unnatural starting velocities.

dejay

Banned
AMUSIX said:
a penalty shortly before you start a new lap, the new lap will get an automatic ! . This is to prevent things like slingshotting and unnatural starting velocities.

That bit is important for people trying to post good times whilst hot lapping. If you have an ! mark incurred near the end of a lap, it's best to rewind a few hundred metres and end the lap cleanly so that your next lap isn't affected.

p3tran

Banned
BrokenSymmetry said:
It has been said many times before, but Forza 3 really could have used an AI difficulty level between hard and medium. Medium is just way too easy, and the top 3 cars of the hard AI are almost impossible to catch once they have a lead of a few seconds, which they usually get, since you always start at the back of the grid. This really makes the career mode less interesting to me than it could be.

in what class are you having trouble with hard A.I.?

I'll prepare a tune for you :)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I got my Microsoft wheel today.. and I donno.. doesn't feel right. I have no where comfortable to put it.

Not to mention its like slightly tilted towards one side, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Oh and I suck really bad with it.

Nyx

Really, is there any other serious racing game which gives you the same feeling as driving a Koeniggsegg with 220 mph on f.e. Nordschleife in Forza 3 ?

So intense....

acm2000

this game needs a very hard ai setting, on hard im winning pretty much every race, with all assists off except ABS, no racing/braking line, sim damage, and not using rewind

Jube3 said:
So yea, yesterday I broke 100 hours in the livery editor lol.. sigh :lol

I'm starting to feel that I'll be using about half of my time in the livery-editor, and the other half racing. Good to know there are others like me out there. :D

Senua

acm2000 said:
this game needs a very hard ai setting, on hard im winning pretty much every race, with all assists off except ABS, no racing/braking line, sim damage, and not using rewind
yea seriously wtf its so easy on hard..even when using cars that arent max pi of their class

Zhuk

Banned
Just bought a S13 Silvia and am now tuning and modding it, so much fun!! :D so how's that US release coming along??

G Rom

I can't reach the My Forza page either, It's been like this since I began playing this morning. I can upload photos and video and browse the website fine but whenever I try My Forza (except 2 times in like 3/4 hours), BAM ! Error... :(

p3tran said:
yeap, bora was already near the limit so only a little could be squeezed. did you like it?

Top 50 placement brother! I drive a Bora in real life as well, weird feeling. Tempted to soup it up to S class to be honest.

Lucius86

Banned
Well i got my copy Saturday, but as I was out this weekend I have not had much time with the game so far....only a few hours.....

But this is by far the best start to any racing game I have played. It is challenging, exhiliarting and most of all fun. I want to give it a few days before I start racing online to build up my driving skills, but I am in love right now!!! Absolutely brilliant!

Rizob

TheHeretic said:
Its in the HUD options from memory, which view you start with. It remembers I always start with Cockpit view however, but you can set it manually.
Yeah i do this before every race though, and then it will automatically switch to chase cam or whatever it feels like for the next race.

Falagard

Rizob said:
Yeah i do this before every race though, and then it will automatically switch to chase cam or whatever it feels like for the next race.

Do you have a hard drive or memory card inserted? Just curious, because this doesn't happen for me, (and it sounds like doesn't happen for others either). It remembers my camera mode between races, and when I turn the 360 off as well.

Falagard said:
Do you have a hard drive or memory card inserted? Just curious, because this doesn't happen for me, (and it sounds like doesn't happen for others either). It remembers my camera mode between races, and when I turn the 360 off as well.
I seem to remember some settings in your 360 profile for "racing" games...maybe the preset is reading that?

I am remembering this pretty vaguely..but a possibility?

gragy10

Nice one Jube - been patiently waiting for that thread to appear. A minimal friends list + shooter only buddies has not made quality racing easy so far..

FrankT

antiquegamer said:
Not mine...sadly they only got 20 or so pre-order for Forza 3.

Yea, I just called mine and they are having one. It's really for any game street dated for tomorrow (Tekken and DJ Hero as well I believe). I'll be going.

Yoritomo

Jube3 said:
Online meet up thread is up. I wasn't sure wether or not to add assists?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18209478#post18209478

It might be important only because people will have a preference on how they like to race.

For instance I'm sure there's a group of people dropping money on the Fanatec that would find it entertaining to race with other people in Full Manual mode with no assists on the wheel.

But at the same time I wouldn't want to breed elitism with what assists to use amongst the gaf forza community.

With a lack of public search for custom game types it's really just important to fill out our friendslist with people who will be playing so we can break off and run some fun custom games.

Added myself to the online meetup thread. I'll mostly be available on weekends, since I'm at university with gimpy, inconsistent internet during the rest of the week. I missed out on the Forza 2 GAF scene, and would like to rectify the situation with 3.

Tomorrow's the big day! Ready to pull an all-nighter with FM3. :D

Jube3

Almost finished my First font set, its a take on helvetica light which looks pretty neat. Ill start gifting it out weds/thursday if anyone will feel a use. Im starting to treat the editor like I treat my ps making custom brushes and shapes lol. Mostly all capital letters for this font btw..

p3tran

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Top 50 placement brother! I drive a Bora in real life as well, weird feeling. Tempted to soup it up to S class to be honest.
:thumbs up: brother!
dunno about S class Bora, but you can try my Audi S5 B500 tune for all your career B class needs,
as well as my TT Biturbo A600 tune for all your career A class needs :)
for S class, I have whiped up a beautiful Lambo Miura tune.
All are optimized for no assists, very easy to handle and fast!!

I'm gonna have to check and report back to you about that S Bora though :)

cheers!
Petros

p.s.
Jube man, send your great font whenever you like! I'll be online in an hour or so..

skyfinch

Falagard said:
I got Forza 3 LE tonight at Futureshop.

I called earlier and asked how many LE were in stock and the girl checked the computer and told me 11.

So I went into the store and asked an employee and said that Forza 3 LE was out today but that I couldn't find it on the shelf, and that I had called earlier and there was supposed to be 11 in stock. He went and checked the stock room and came back with a regular version of Forza 3 and was like "It has a sticker on it that says don't sell before the 27th - I'll try to ring it up at the register but the computer might not let me" and I said "Yeah, but the Limited Edition came out today - are there any of those?" so he grabbed on of those. We went to the cash register and the regular edition wouldn't ring up but the LE version did, so he sold it to me.

Called them this morning. Asked about LE which their shit, I mean site says 25th. He said I can sell it to you, and I made it clear about the street date being the 27th, but he said it was okay. Drove 45 minutes and when I got there, the zit faced punk said I can't sell it till tomorrow.

Went down the block to EBgames, prepaid in full and will pick it up 10am tomorrow. That's $100 less for you, Futureshop, you turds.

Falagard

skyfinch said:
Called them this morning. Asked about LE which their shit, I mean site says 25th. He said I can sell it to you, and I made it clear about the street date being the 27th, but he said it was okay. Drove 45 minutes and when I got there, the zit faced punk said I can't sell it till tomorrow.

Went down the block to EBgames, prepaid in full and will pick it up 10am tomorrow. That's $100 less for you, Futureshop, you turds.

Was the zit faced punk the same guy you talked to on the phone? I would have knocked over the magazine rack.

Jube3 said:
Almost finished my First font set, its a take on helvetica light which looks pretty neat. Ill start gifting it out weds/thursday if anyone will feel a use. Im starting to treat the editor like I treat my ps making custom brushes and shapes lol. Mostly all capital letters for this font btw..

Oh my god that's an amazing idea. I would LOVE a set. WOW. You are a genius, dude, seriously.

skyfinch

Falagard said:
Was the zit faced punk the same guy you talked to on the phone? I would have knocked over the magazine rack.

Might have been. It was a pizza convention at that place. Zit faced employees everywhere.
(Sorry, I just upset. We were all zit faced at one time.):lol

damn it 24 hours to go.

Been watching some of my Best Motoring/Hot Version/Grip Video DVD's to get ideas for Livery's and camera angles for photomode.

Ziploc

Neo Member
dsc05317v.jpg

Ontario Geffers should call their Futurshops now.

(Badge and shirt are from the press event)

Heres a shot of me giving the public thrill rides at said event:
4040298339_eb353d568d.jpg

Che, you don't suppose I could get into the preorder bonus would you? I was planning on preordering today but Futureshop was going to give me a copy, and I wasn't going to say no. EDIT: It seems to late. But I'm going to try and sent my receipt anyway.

Oh man, best game release ever. :D

Jube3

Dina said:
So the font, that's like 26 different custom vinyls?

Yea 26 vinyls in one group which are ungrouped into 26 groups. Just send me a car on weds Ill slap the vinyl on and gift it back to ya.

Oh my god that's an amazing idea. I would LOVE a set. WOW. You are a genius, dude, seriously.

Hehe thanks man. I want to get some "brushes" too like grass and spirals. They wont work like brushes but more like uh, custom shape packs?

Ziploc said:
dsc05317v.jpg

Ontario Geffers should call their Futurshops now.

(Badge and shirt are from the press event)

Heres a shot of me giving the public thrill rides at said event:
4040298339_eb353d568d.jpg

Che, you don't suppose I could get into the preorder bonus would you? I was planning on preordering today but Futureshop was going to give me a copy, and I wasn't going to say no. EDIT: It seems to late. But I'm going to try and sent my receipt anyway.

Oh man, best game release ever. :D
I was just at FS and they didn't have it.

Ziploc

Neo Member
Mine showed stock on the website, called and although the guy on the phone said that he thought the game came out tomorrow, said they sold one already and would hold one for me. They were even on the shelf.

Top Bottom