• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

skyfinch

Ziploc said:
Mine showed stock on the website, called and although the guy on the phone said that he thought the game came out tomorrow, said they sold one already and would hold one for me. They were even on the shelf.

Really? What FS was this? I was at the one in Mississauga. There was a forza display, I'm guessing the game was being demoed (spelling?) but the TV was off.

I wanted the LE badly, but since FS wasn't going to sell, I got pissed and went to EB, and they only had the normal copy. Oh, well, better than nothing. Still get that custom R8, though.

Ziploc

Neo Member
skyfinch said:
Really? What FS was this? I was at the one in Mississauga. There was a forza display, I'm guessing the game was being demoed (spelling?) but the TV was off.

I wanted the LE badly, but since FS wasn't going to sell, I got pissed and went to EB, and they only had the normal copy. Oh, well, better than nothing. Still get that custom R8, though.

Stoney Creek/Hamilton FS. As of 1 hour ago they had about 5-6 left. And if you call they will hold one for you.

Hawk SE

I called my smalltown Gamestop and they said next Midnight Launch they're doing is MW2, so no Midnight Snacking on Forza 3 for me...

Lothars

Hawk xSx said:
I called my smalltown Gamestop and they said next Midnight Launch they're doing is MW2, so no Midnight Snacking on Forza 3 for me...

Yeah same here, but no big deal I paid off my Forza 3 preorder today and will be picking it up tomorrow.

:lol Just had me in-store order filled by Futureshop. This is the one I did yesterday. I'm going to try my luck and check it out after work.

Just got email from Thomas (fanatec), it seems they will not send out copy of Forza 3 with the early pre-order wheel because people were complaining that they already got the games (or they don't have 360) so instead of Forza 3 they will give you $50.00 credit to shop at thier store. Damm, I was looking forward to an extra copy for my brother ....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got a call from my EB today saying my LE will be available for pickup tomorrow. To those who got it early at FS: fuck you :(

enzo_gt said:
Got a call from my EB today saying my LE will be available for pickup tomorrow. To those who got it early at FS: fuck you :(
Hey at least you are not getting it a week late like I am :( if it's delivered tomorrow that is!

Flo_Evans

I hate everyone! I ordered off amazon with "release date delivery" but it still hasn't shipped yet. I swear I always say I am never going to order games off amazon again yet I still do it.

Ignore this post if it shows up tomorrow.... :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Diablohead said:
Hey at least you are not getting it a week late like I am :( if it's delivered tomorrow that is!

I've been watching your epic struggle with Royal Mail with great sadness.

DoctorWho said:
:lol Just had me in-store order filled by Futureshop. This is the one I did yesterday. I'm going to try my luck and check it out after work.

Booo!! FS just called my home and apparently told me not to come and pick it up today. You mean I have to wait till tomorrow? OMG!!!! :lol At least they called and I didn't waste my time.

Rizob

Falagard said:
Do you have a hard drive or memory card inserted? Just curious, because this doesn't happen for me, (and it sounds like doesn't happen for others either). It remembers my camera mode between races, and when I turn the 360 off as well.
Yep, i'm using a 120gb Elite. After every race it seems to forget which view i used, so i have to keep selecting bonnet cam in the HUD settings before each race.

AlanzTalon, i did what you suggested and checked the racing profile on my 360, and it's definitely set to use the 'front' cam.

elohel

What's in the CE?

Also what steering wheel is best for the 360/forza?

Someday probably the same day I get a 360 I'll get this game

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Diablohead said:

Oh yeah forgot about that. The whole Royal Mail situation is royally screwed up for you guys. My condolences :(

Jube3

posted this with the JSR car in the livery thread but figure I post it here since its not a livery. I have no idea what the japanese says lol, I found it on google.

License cars on my storefront. You can replace the name by putting a square over the text.
licenseplates.jpg

Doodis

Absoludacrous said:
I was proud to be out of the CE buying habit completely, then this and Demon's Souls broke me.
After every time I buy a collector's edition I tell myself I won't do it again...then I do. But Forza 3 is the last time! I swear! Okay, maybe if Mass Effect 2 does one. But THAT'S IT! SERIOUSLY!

HooYaH

Jube3 said:
posted this with the JSR car in the livery thread but figure I post it here since its not a livery. I have no idea what the japanese says lol, I found it on google.

License cars on my storefront. You can replace the name by putting a square over the text.
licenseplates.jpg

Not to be nit picky, the California sticker is yellow for 2010. Great Work btw.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
So we knew about the bad jpg quality, but damn the wmv files aren't any better. How does Turn 10 expect people to do edit anything worthwhile with this quality really is beyond me.
I simply don't understand. All this is basically free advertising for the game, this is the stuff that will give the game an even better word of mouth, but no, they fuck it up to free up some bandwidth/disk space. That's utter bullshit.
If the wmv thing is about the time it will take to upload it to the server (that I can understand), give us a quality slider and let us choose how much we are willing to wait for the upload.
Anyone willing to do anything watchable with the replays will have to buy a HD capture card, as it is I'm not even sure youtube's HD "quality" isn't better.

DoctorWho said:
Booo!! FS just called my home and apparently told me not to come and pick it up today. You mean I have to wait till tomorrow? OMG!!!! :lol At least they called and I didn't waste my time.

5666c441.jpg

Don't worry past you, I just got you a copy from the future.

Shitty camera is still shitty in the future

EDIT: Is there a specific way I should install this. I heard it was best through the in game menu. Thanks.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
DoctorWho said:
EDIT: Is there a specific way I should install this. I heard it was best through the in game menu. Thanks.
When you first put it in you get a message about installing the extra content. It will then ask you to insert disc 2.. and that's about it.

Is there any other way to install it?

user_nat said:
When you first put it in you get a message about installing the extra content. It will then ask you to insert disc 2.. and that's about it.

Is there any other way to install it?

I wasn't too sure if there was anything different you had to do with installing disc 1. Thanks.

Eric WK

Flo_Evans said:
I hate everyone! I ordered off amazon with "release date delivery" but it still hasn't shipped yet. I swear I always say I am never going to order games off amazon again yet I still do it.

Ignore this post if it shows up tomorrow.... :lol

Mine shipped.

rossonero

While I'm kind of disappointed with the graphics the gameplay is top notch. I'm only level 4 and have had so many exciting races already. My Renault Clio rocks, but I can't wait to get some money and buy some of the bigger cars. Damn this game is hard to stop playing :D

Well done Turn 10!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Has Rewind fucked up for anyone else?

I had a huge smash on NY, and for some reason my Back button didn't do squat. So I hit Restart in the pause menu, then hit X to rewind and the game took me back like 30 seconds. :lol

I then proceeded to smash up in the exact same fucking way, back once again didn't work, and when I hit restart it didn't give me the option to rewind. :(

Fuck the R3s and controller. :'(

toypop

Jube3 said:
I think you meant Nagano(長野), the city winter Olympic was held in 1998.
But you listed kanji characters wrong.

Falagard

cjelly said:
Has Rewind fucked up for anyone else?

I had a huge smash on NY, and for some reason my Back button didn't do squat. So I hit Restart in the pause menu, then hit X to rewind and the game took me back like 30 seconds. :lol

I then proceeded to smash up in the exact same fucking way, back once again didn't work, and when I hit restart it didn't give me the option to rewind. :(

Fuck the R3s and controller. :'(

Yeah, I've had it happen to me as well, but only after messing around several minutes with multiple crashes, etc. I figured I'd screwed around so much it had stopped allowing rewind.

KaYotiX

Banned
Yoritomo said:
Anyone have any good Texas plates up?

My first livery will be the new Texas plates :D Then i will proceed to remake these i made from Forza 2. Maybe Pac-man will be a Championship Edition make :) Im better at 8 and 16 bit graphics in the livery editor.

DH4.jpg

pacman.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
enzo_gt said:

I got a call from EB telling me to come pick it up at midnight.

Lame, I got a text message from Gamestop saying "Forza 3 pickup tuesday AM" so just to make sure I called them when I got home and they said they arent doing a midnight release. Meh. Guess i'll pick it up tomorrow after work.

In the demo, rewind stops once one car crosses the finish line, when that happens rewind becomes unavailable so you can't rewind 30 seconds and crash out who just won, or something.

DoctorWho said:
why even bother with futureshop? gamecentre gets games monday morning.. got forza and ratchet.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Diablohead said:
In the demo, rewind stops once one car crosses the finish line, when that happens rewind becomes unavailable so you can't rewind 30 seconds and crash out who just won, or something.
Yeah, but I was on lap 7 of 14 or something.

I think it might have been because my bumper and stuff fell off, so maybe the game got all confused about how to put my car back together.

Loving this game so much more than I thought I would.
Just rocking the Lotus Carlton at the moment, and it's fantastic, got to watch the oversteer, but it felt good doing the supercharged event and taking out cars 10 years newer :)

The photo modes, and replays are superb as well. I hated Forza 2, but they've really hit the nail on the head with 3, as someone who likes to race, but only ever managed to destroy cars by upgrading them in Forza 2, the quick upgrade feature is a life saver....

Now excuse me, I have more old obscure cars to buy :lol

BlinkGT

So disappointed about the matchmaking. We can't customize public parties, we can't do under A class races, there's not trueskill leaderboards. I just want to say what's wrong with you Turn10 ? Everything was so perfect in Forza 2, i don't understand.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Falagard said:
forza3rstein.jpg

I had my camera and game next to me when I read your post...

:lol :lol :lol What's in the centre part of the LE when its opened up? Is that just where the game case goes?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So I have no experience with Best Buy's in-store pick up, but does anyone know when they'll email the thing I need to show my Best Buy when I go to pick it up tomorrow? I thought I'd have the email by now.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Jube3 said:

licenseplates.jpg

Wait what the fuck?

Are those in game? :lol

Top Bottom