• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Blimblim

The Inside Track
About the wmv exports, contrary to what I said last night they are not bitrate starved as I thought they were. In fact they are quite big considering their length. In terms of bitrate they actually are bigger than my own videos. That doesn't make them any more great looking, but at least it's not because they didn't put a good enough bitrate.
I'm trying to understand why a 15 MB file for 10s of video, using the VC1 codec of all things, is such a macroblocks fest though. A 12.5 mbps bitrate should be closer to bluray quality than to youtube's, that's for sure.

Hawk SE

Well in less than 12 hours I'll have my hands on the CE of FM3, so pumped. Gonna spend my lunch at home installing the games to my HDD!

Iknos said:
I have Futureshop's own coverage and I don't want to void that. And I'm not sure if I want to do the towel trick because I think it would force an error message and if that is the case I have to get it fixed by MS.

With this current freezing scenario I can get the 360 replaced with a new one. I'd rather have that than have it repaired and fail on me again. The problem with this is that it takes a while for FS to ship and receive my 360 and then determine what I'm saying is happening and then deciding to get me a new one.

They don't swap out with new one on the spot? That's suck really bad. I would be so bumm if my 360 died when I get my Forza 3 tomorrow.

rise888

I just got the game today. It's my first time ever playing a Forza game. I think I'm in love!

Here is my very first vinyl I created. Took me about 2 hours!
I'm not sure how to take a better screen shot, so here it is.

Please buy it from my storefront so I can get the achievement :D

I did my best to recreate the neogaf awesome.gif

FDRAd.jpg

pzAOm.jpg

Never having created any art in any video game before, this was definitely an eye opening (and FRUSTRATING) experience. I went in expecting layer management and editing similar to photoshop, where I can easily overwrite a part of a layer or make a portion of a layer transparent, but I couldn't figure out how. After going back and watching Jube's video tutorial I realize now how important it is to plan out your method and techniques. A lack of planning definitely caused me great frustration and I ended up having to use a ton of stamping to get the details to my satisfaction.

I appreciate the quality of work/time of M0dus and Jube3 10000000x more now. Trying to create this smiley as my first vinyl was quite the challenge for me.

P.S. I 5000 Cr too expensive for this sort of thing? I saw a really crappy version of awesome.gif being sold for 4000 so I figured it was ok. Let me know and I can adjust the pricing.

ooookay I downloaded both sets of DLC that came packed into the LE, and none of my cars, etc are showing up...

EDIT: nevermind, they dont show up in my car list but they are selectable in multiplayer.
I assume this means they'll be in my garage once I've progressed to that car class in Career mode?

Or does this DLC just give me the ability to buy the car?

p3tran

Banned
rise888 said:
P.S. I 5000 Cr too expensive for this sort of thing? I saw a really crappy version of awesome.gif being sold for 4000 so I figured it was ok. Let me know and I can adjust the pricing.

Forza 3 market is capped at 10,000cr , which is peanuts compared to F2 economy.

you will understand the term "expensive" after a couple of months when T10 will remove the cap and millions will be asked.

p.s.
I approve of this temp cap, I think it really helps the storefront thing, especially for newcomers.

Just the ability to buy them if I remember correctly.

Also..

Thanks goes to Jube for all the homer vinyls/designs on the storefront. Some of them just laughable aswell :lol

Magni

LaserBuddha said:
ooookay I downloaded both sets of DLC that came packed into the LE, and none of my cars, etc are showing up...

EDIT: nevermind, they dont show up in my car list but they are selectable in multiplayer.
I assume this means they'll be in my garage once I've progressed to that car class in Career mode?

Or does this DLC just give me the ability to buy the car?

RTFD ;-)

marketplace.xbox.com said:
FREE with an Xbox LIVE token included in the Limited Collector Edition of Forza Motorsport 3, this pack grants all perks associated with becoming a VIP member of the Forza Motorsport Community. This pack also includes the five must-have VIP Cars, plus five Limited Collector Edition cars modified, tuned and painted by members of Turn 10 Studios. In-game credits required to purchase these cars in Season Play mode.

p3tran said:
Forza 3 market is capped at 10,000cr , which is peanuts compared to F2 economy.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone finds a money cheat for Forza 3 and we get taken into the Forza 2 economy all over again.

:mad:

amar212

Official forum forzamotorsport.net is showing some intersting behaviour-patterns:

1. ALL threads, and there was many of them, discussing matchmaking problems in past few days are DELETED and GONE,

2. ALL threads, and there was many of them, discussing clusterfuck regarding FM3's Public Racing are DELETED and GONE,

3. ALL signatures for members that were pointing out above have been DISABLED and nobody can use them anymore.

Interesting.

Does it mean that matchmaking will finally be fixed?

Are new Public Race options on their way?

Or is it just Democracy in its Finest?

Che, shed some light, I really want to properlly race online, last 7 days were plain horrid in any way imaginable.

So someone went to all that trouble of removing those posts, yet at the same time they couldn't make one sticky post saying whether it would be fixed or not?

Seems typical of so many games companies forums where they censor stuff they don't like and never actually bother answering questions. There must be a dozen of so threads there all asking about the LCE theme, but it took days for them to actually respond to it.

Chrange

Banned
amar212 said:
Official forum forzamotorsport.net is showing some intersting behaviour-patterns:

1. ALL threads, and there was many of them, discussing matchmaking problems in past few days are DELETED and GONE,

2. ALL threads, and there was many of them, discussing clusterfuck regarding FM3's Public Racing are DELETED and GONE,

3. ALL signatures for members that were pointing out above have been DISABLED and nobody can use them anymore.

Interesting.

Does it mean that matchmaking will finally be fixed?

Are new Public Race options on their way?

Or is it just Democracy in its Finest?

Che, shed some light, I really want to properlly race online, last 7 days were plain horrid in any way imaginable.

Democracy :lol

Disgruntled people make duplicate threads complaining about an issue - what did you think was going to happen? Usually whenever there's a problem around the launch of a game, the official forums get locked down into a 'one thread for issues ONLY' set of rules so the unruly mob doesn't take over the whole forum.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Those threads weren't deleted. We created a feedback subforum.

Matchmaking is the future of console MP games. As someone who disliked the server list and user-controlled lobbies (please, don't kick me, I didn't mean to tap you in the corner there, I swear), I'm having a lot of fun with MP matchmaking and server arbitrated games.

But yeah, we'll update the hopper list. Give it a week or so.

amar212

Thanx mate.

But will the actual matchmaking going to be fxed soon?

It is really, really frustrating to wait 10 minutes to race 1-1 race in A class.

Especially when everything worked as a charm in days before 23rd.

p3tran

Banned
Psychotext said:
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone finds a money cheat for Forza 3 and we get taken into the Forza 2 economy all over again.

I had more than 200.000.0000 in forza 2, and none of it was through cheating. just selling my tuned cars on the auction house.

chespace said:
Matchmaking is the future of console MP games. As someone who disliked the server list and user-controlled lobbies (please, don't kick me, I didn't mean to tap you in the corner there, I swear), I'm having a lot of fun with MP matchmaking and server arbitrated games.

I actually agree that matchmaking (when done right) is preferrable (I also disliked the user-controlled lobbies in Forza 2). However, currently, the matchmaking in Forza 3 doesn't seem to be working at all: I always end up in a room on my own, with at best a 1-on-1 race every 30 minutes. What people are mainly asking for is some kind of statement on when these issues will be solved...

Arjen

I hope that with the NA release today i will be able to get a full lobby a bit faster, took me a freakin hour yesterday to get one going.

Iknos

chespace said:

Feedback from your users ie. constituents? A seperate forum where users actually have a voice?

Dare I say that this is DEMOCRACY AT IT'S FINEST?

p3tran said:
I had more than 200.000.0000 in forza 2, and none of it was through cheating. just selling my tuned cars on the auction house.
Yes, but without people cheating in the first place there's no way cars would have sold for the sort of money they did. You'd have more than likely had a 10th of that at most.

p3tran

Banned
Psychotext said:
Yes, but without people cheating in the first place there's no way cars would have sold for the sort of money they did. You'd have more than likely had a 10th of that at most.
as a matter of fact, I accumulated them ~250.000 at a time.
that is not so much money for a car that will improve all your laptimes and help you become a faster, more precise driver.
especially if you are not at the start of the game, it is easy to reach a couple of millions just by playing & winning.

the pain was that each of those cars, I had to build, tune, paint individually.
this has been addressed on Forza3 in the best way possible.

huge props for that!!

p3tran

Banned
amar212 said:
It is really, really frustrating to wait 10 minutes to race 1-1 race in A class.

Especially when everything worked as a charm in days before 23rd.

whats your tag amar? maybe I can hook you up with some good races until..

So I just got a random game update.. what's it for?
that's faster than I'd expect!
maybe this addresses stuff that was feedback from the green disk testers etc. (?)

Darklord

Banned
I'm just wondering does the install disc have a limit on how many times you can install it? It's not like a 1 use thing like a code card is it?

p3tran

Banned
Darklord said:
I'm just wondering does the install disc have a limit on how many times you can install it? It's not like a 1 use thing like a code card is it?
disk - unlimited
code card - one use

Lucius86

Banned
Last night I had some split screen action with my housemate on the full length Nurburgring - it was quite literally the most awesome experience I have ever had in multiplayer gaming - we are both VERY similar skill levels with the controller, A class Ferrari and Lambo... we finished with him winning by only 0.6 seconds thanks to him slipstreaming past me on the final straight after I got a dodgy exit from the final corner.

This game is simply AMAZING.

Leonsito

pilonv1 said:
this sniper achievement is fucking impossible to get

I got it on my first try, just search for a normal car (without vinyls or tuning parts), I made a bid for a buick, we were about 4 persons only, and as there were about two or three more buicks I won it after 5 or 6 bids only, less than 15k credits too.

chespace said:

But yeah, we'll update the hopper list. Give it a week or so.

Do stay in the same room game after game. When playing in matchmaking is it stock cars plus the ones you have unlocked. What exactly determines the car you use and and the types of mods it has.

Tonza

The livery thread really makes me want this game.

Though reading the cars list I noticed there's no Jaguar XF. That's a sweet car.
My parents have one and I really like the look of it, also it drives well.

Also required gold for storefront sucks. Does the LE or regular come with more trial time than 48 hours? (PAL-one)

pilonv1

Leonsito said:
I got it on my first try, just search for a normal car (without vinyls or tuning parts), I made a bid for a buick, we were about 4 persons only, and as there were about two or three more buicks I won it after 5 or 6 bids only, less than 15k credits too.

been trying it for 15 mins with fiat arbaths.

Lucius86 said:
There's quite a few pissed people in the official forums with corrupted profiles, losing all of their money and cars!
Suppose to be fixed now, it was due to powering off your 360 while on the store front and the game save cocking up somehow, I think the latest update prevents it but can't fix what is already broken.

ravien56

Psychotext said:

So that's why shit cost millions of CR...

Lucius86

Banned
Diablohead said:
Suppose to be fixed now, it was due to powering off your 360 while on the store front and the game save cocking up somehow, I think the latest update prevents it but can't fix what is already broken.

Yep, and people are moaning like crazy! Understandable if you put hours into the game already...but at least they fixed it pretty damn quickly!!!

SmokyDave

Having had some hands-on time with the game now I have completely changed my opinion on the rewind feature. I really don't like it. It removes all the risk from racing. Although I personally don't use it, I was watching my friend playing and the feature really isn't helping him in the way I thought it would. It isn't improving his cornering, it's just stopping him worrying about fucking up because he has an 'Undo fuck-up' button.

Although I'm sure the feature is fine in theory, and would make a good aid to perfecting lap times, the implementation as I have seen it used is not something I'd want in other racing games. Going back to playing NFS: Shift after playing Forza, it felt like the stakes had gone through the roof and every race was a knuckle-biting hair-raising nerve-fraying experience.

Still, Forza 3 has the most rewarding driving model I've ever experienced and the level of customisation is insane. It really is a spectacular game and a fully featured package for car lovers. I just wish I could disable the rewind feature.

SmokyDave said:
Having had some hands-on time with the game now I have completely changed my opinion on the rewind feature. I really don't like it. It removes all the risk from racing. Although I personally don't use it, I was watching my friend playing and the feature really isn't helping him in the way I thought it would. It isn't improving his cornering, it's just stopping him worrying about fucking up because he has an 'Undo fuck-up' button.

Although I'm sure the feature is fine in theory, and would make a good aid to perfecting lap times, the implementation as I have seen it used is not something I'd want in other racing games. Going back to playing NFS: Shift after playing Forza, it felt like the stakes had gone through the roof and every race was a knuckle-biting hair-raising nerve-fraying experience.

Still, Forza 3 has the most rewarding driving model I've ever experienced and the level of customisation is insane. It really is a spectacular game and a fully featured package for car lovers. I just wish I could disable the rewind feature.
Remember you can't use it online, so if your friend messes up there it's all over for that race.

Chinner

Banned
SmokyDave said:

i'm going to rewing your avatar:
Davatar-1.gif

hvv0hu.jpg

SmokyDave

Diablohead said:
Remember you can't use it online, so if your friend messes up there it's all over for that race.

I know, I'm talking human vs AI races.

I also noticed in his rear view mirror that the AI would occasionally 'give up' after he used rewind, they seemed to just stop driving when he resumed his race.

It doesn't really matter but the fact you cannot turn rewind off means he will never learn the discipline to race without it. I worry that other racing games will now seem unfairly difficult to people and the rewind feature will become a trend.

You can. It's called "don't push the rewind button". It's not in the manual, but it's there.

Psychologically speaking, you will always have a 'get out of jail free' button on the pad.

DarkJC

You can. It's called "don't push the rewind button". It's not in the manual, but it's there.

Yeah honestly as much as I'd like to completely disable it, simply setting the hud option to stop the reminder is almost just as good for me. During the demo after doing that I completely forgot about it.

Top Bottom