• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

dskillzhtown said:
Why not go with Hard and turn on some assists? Seems that would be a fix.

That hopefully will work. To be fair, I haven't had a chance to play the game for more than 10 minutes (literally), so my concern is probably a little premature. It's just that I've seen the complaint surface in a few different places.

Of course, the game is only a day old (or a week, depending on where you live), so complaints that the hardest difficulty is "too hard" may tail off as people learn how to play the game better.

I have the MS racing wheel, but I'm not quite ready to spring for a wheel stand (or, better yet, a wheel stand/chair combo).

For people who are using the MS wheel, what's your set up? I know you can simply rest the device on your lap, but this just isn't cutting it for me.

Also, does anyone have a link to a thread that addresses this very issue?

I'll probably wind up laying down the cash for an "official" setup (and maybe even a fanatec wheel), but for now I just want to jury rig something that gets the job done.

hie

professor_t said:
I have the MS racing wheel, but I'm not quite ready to spring for a wheel stand (or, better yet, a wheel stand/chair combo).

For people who are using the MS wheel, what's your set up? I know you can simply rest the device on your lap, but this just isn't cutting it for me.

Also, does anyone have a link to a thread that addresses this very issue?

I'll probably wind up laying down the cash for an "official" setup (and maybe even a fanatec wheel), but for now I just want to jury rig something that gets the job done.

I use a wooden fold out tray table-thingy from Ikea. Works pretty good. I also use velcro instrument cable straps to hold the pedals to the table legs.

Flo_Evans

GuessWho said:
just got the game.....ZR1 IN MY PANTS, IT'S SO NICE!:lol

Pretty shitty the ZR1 is LE only. I am not a huge vette fan but I can imagine allot of angry people in north america realizing their dream car is not in the version they bought.

Eric WK

Just realized I have $20 in promo credit at Amazon now. I could have Microsoft's wheel here on Thursday for $79. Should I pull the trigger?

Koojay

Flo_Evans said:
Pretty shitty the ZR1 is LE only. I am not a huge vette fan but I can imagine allot of angry people in north america realizing their dream car is not in the version they bought.

What are the chances of the ZR1 (and other exclusive cars) popping up as free
or paid
DLC?

BlinkGT

14608282.jpg

12529152.jpg

cheatvi.jpg

Bug on Maple Valley, the Scirocco has been stopped by...nothing. I was just behind with my Clio, what the fuck :D

Yoritomo

Slackbladder said:
Any chance of the #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2 getting patched? It not having any dashboard display is a bit of a bummer as I always have my HUD off. Unless of course it doesn't have a display in real life?

I wouldn't suggest having it off at all. Not all displays are animated and the ones that are, many of them don't seem to be calibrated at all.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Flo_Evans said:

Wow wait, the ZR1 is not available and it's only DLC?...

Caddle

Hey che I upload my preorder receipt for the forza3 Le to the forzamotorsport 3 website and I don't have the gift cars you promise, my gamertag is aurie. Let me know if they was a problem with the pic I sent.

Falagard

hie said:
I use a wooden fold out tray table-thingy from Ikea. Works pretty good. I also use velcro instrument cable straps to hold the pedals to the table legs.

Me too. Mine's a round table with fold out legs from Ikea that we bought a long time ago and no longer use. I don't have a problem with the pedals - I'm on carpet and I use my left foot to hold it still.

I'd suggest buying a cheap card table from wherever you can get it the cheapest - Walmart maybe, and use that. At least it can be used for other purposes if needed.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Caddle said:
Hey che I upload my preorder receipt for the forza3 Le to the forzamotorsport 3 website and I don't have the gift cars you promise, my gamertag is aurie. Let me know if they was a problem with the pic I sent.

We won't be gifting those out until next week, at the earliest.

Kordos

Fantasmo said:
Hoping for an acknowledgement of the static / popping sound that a lot of people are experiencing. Not game breaking but very off-putting.
Nothing to do with backfiring or bottoming out. Lots of different system setups that have this problem, running from HDD or not.

I am getting this too - didn't notice it until i started using the Legacy 2.0GT.

It's hindering my enjoyment by approximately 0.01%. Loving the game!

MacDee

Neo Member
Does anyone know where the livery is saved? Can you save it to a memory card?
Reason I ask is I have two 360s and a memory card with my profile on it. I will be installing the game on both but want to know where my purchases will be.

Weaksauces.

After spending all evening with the game you can really feel the improvement in physics, tyres, body roll, everything feels better.

I been ragging around my scooby since I was able to buy one, love the new 2009 model.

FrankT

BigKaboom2 said:
Disc 1 installed, downloading huge DLC.

I know right. After the DLC downloads and the two discs it's altogether pushing just about 10gbs. I love it and this is the way it should be going forward. Install a 2nd disc and just forget about it. Sorry arcade and 20gb owners.

hie said:

I tried one of those fold out tray thingies, too. It actually works okay, but because the wheel is so heavy, and the table is pretty light, it's a little unstable (basically, the wheel tilts toward me and lifts the front legs of the table off the ground a bit).

Is the ikea table fairly heavy?

Was the adjustable FOV multiscreen trick patched out today? Doesn't seem to work for anyone anymore.

I was so looking forward to it.

EDIT: I guess if you had it set prior to the patch, it'll stay that way. But I got the game today and just tried it and it didn't affect the FOV at all.

Am I the only one that can't find the Benchmark High Speed Ring? I have the LE and installed all DLC. I can't find the track and also can't watch the Ken Block Gymkhana replay because it says I don't have the DLC. I'm assuming this driver used the Benchmark DLC for this video...any help would be great.

KHarvey16

BlindSwordsmanZ said:
Am I the only one that can't find the Benchmark High Speed Ring? I have the LE and installed all DLC. I can't find the track and also can't watch the Ken Block Gymkhana replay because it says I don't have the DLC. I'm assuming this driver used the Benchmark DLC for this video...any help would be great.

You entered both codes?

Oli

Wow, my first impressions of this game.... fa-nominal!

My only complain is that I can't get a good online match going. First guy was laggy, second quit about 1 second into the race.

But really enjoying it so far.

BigKaboom2 said:
Was the adjustable FOV multiscreen trick patched out today? Doesn't seem to work for anyone anymore.

I was so looking forward to it.

EDIT: I guess if you had it set prior to the patch, it'll stay that way. But I got the game today and just tried it and it didn't affect the FOV at all.
No, I only started playing the game today and patched it at bootup, and since about 5 races in I setup the multiscreen to allow the FOV change and it's working no problem here.

I would take a pic but phone is flat.

Diablohead said:
No, I only started playing the game today and patched it at bootup, and since about 5 races in I setup the multiscreen to allow the FOV change and it's working no problem here.

I would take a pic but phone is flat.
When you changed the Multiscreen settings and hit B to exit out, it asks you to restart the console - if you hit yes, did it actually restart the console or did it just kick you back to the main menu? It was the latter for me, so I restarted the console manually and still it was the same.

BigKaboom2 said:
When you changed the Multiscreen settings and hit B to exit out, it asks you to restart the console - if you hit yes, did it actually restart the console or did it just kick you back to the main menu? It was the latter for me, so I restarted the console manually and still it was the same.
I don't remember if I pressed A or B but the game will come up with the forza logo and say "loading.. please wait" or something, then take you to the title screen like you just turned the game on.

Also it's the bottom bar you want to change the degree of, I been using 76 and it's very nice.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
BlindSwordsmanZ said:

restart forza 3 - if still not there then delete the DLC and go to download history and download it again (guide button, all the way right, account management, download history)

go to free play and see if you have it there - would be the 2nd track

DopeyFish said:
restart forza 3 - if still not there then delete the DLC and go to download history and download it again (guide button, all the way right, account management, download history)

go to free play and see if you have it there - would be the 2nd track

-I'll try that, thanks. I am at work right now but when I tried this last night I was looking in test drive while tuning my car. Do you guys know if the track is available in test drive or only in free play? Thanks for the help.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
BlindSwordsmanZ said:
-I'll try that, thanks. I am at work right now but when I tried this last night I was looking in test drive while tuning my car. Do you guys know if the track is available in test drive or only in free play? Thanks for the help.

it's also for test drive too

I played the game today at a friends house. I have gotten over the jaggys. I have to say this is really an evolution of sim racers. It feels like a slower PGR game. Going to buy it soon. BTW what is the preorder bonus ? was it just a skin of Audi 2010 car ?

ecnal

Flo_Evans said:

WAT?!

i noticed the car was locked when i was checking out stuff in freeplay, but i assumed it was because i had to accomplish something in the game... not because i didn't buy an LE copy.

:(

I wish my upload was faster, I been uploading 5-10 second clips all night to make a replay mix :lol hey we are given the features, why not use it :)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
What do I need to get the Ferrari Testarossa again?
Are there already DLC cars and how different are they from the already-there cars?
I can't check since my X60 isn't hooked up to the net.

Shawsie64

Banned
Any idea on what that patch did? Id love to use Multiscreen FOV but it crashed in free run on me last time i used it so gave up.. if it fixed that ill be overjoyed :D

Top Bottom