• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Shaneus

For the people making compilation videos, what apps are you using? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at making a music video-type clip or two, but wouldn't have the faintest idea on where to start.

Shawsie64 said:
Any idea on what that patch did? Id love to use Multiscreen FOV but it crashed in free run on me last time i used it so gave up.. if it fixed that ill be overjoyed :D
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/faq.htm
10.27.09 – Turn 10 releases auto-update patch to fix the following issues:

• Added ability to load previously saved tuning set-ups from the pre-race multiplayer lobby.
• Fixed the Rebound/Bump Stiffness values swap.
• Fixed the erroneous Tampered Profile message.

EDIT: The multiscreen FOV tweak just started working for me, don't know what I did but :D .

Shawsie64 said:
Any idea on what that patch did? Id love to use Multiscreen FOV but it crashed in free run on me last time i used it so gave up.. if it fixed that ill be overjoyed :D
Can't say about before the patch but I have not yet seen any hickup, slow loading or crash bug using the multiscreen settings.

Rizob

To anyone who ordered their LE through Blockbuster online, have you received an email or anything in reference to the Audi R8 Livery etc?

DJ_Lae

Game's awesome.

So is my girlfriend, for buying me one of the 360 wheels (yeah, it's no fancy one, but it's nice). Now I have to learn how to drive properly with it, as I'm all over the place with the assists off where I could do it fine on the controller.

Love the force feedback effects, though.

Holy shit, so after going through the first few career challenges with my increasingly upgraded xD (STILL NOT AN xB, CHE) I switched to the D level Sciorocco and HOLY SHIT you can really feel the difference. Such a smoother, quicker ride. I have to say, I find this game easier to drive than PGR4. An arcade racer.

Seriously amazing accomplishment. I don't just want to drive the races to unlock shit, I actually want to DRIVE.

burgerdog

I am having a lot more fun this time around, good job T10. I love that they aren't making me race in huge tracks with the starter cars, that was awful in Forza 2.

DarkJC

Yep good job T10. Played the game for a few hours now, got to the second season in career. The way they've done the progression with the driver level and car level is really cool, and the calendar system works way better than what I had thought it would be like.

To finish off my session I went to free play, hot lap, picked an F430, and put it on Fujimi Kaido. Man oh man, that was fun. I recommend anyone who hasn't yet to pick a favourite car and do Kaido, it's an incredible track.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So I hope online and it says 91 players online? I select "quick race" and I'm put into a room by myself waiting for 10 minutes without anyone joining :/

BlinkGT

Matchmaking is actually shit. Really. It doesn't work. And we haven't got any trueskill leaderboards, why ? Where are the player's stats (races, wins, podiums...) ?

Hoping everything will be fixed in the next few days, i thought it would be for the US release but it's not.

Awesome game by the way, just reached lvl 40 in career (online doesn't work so...).

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Just did some Fujimi Kaido point to point races in my Fiesta. Alls I can say is this game is damn fun to play.

Shawsie64

Banned
Diablohead said:
Can't say about before the patch but I have not yet seen any hickup, slow loading or crash bug using the multiscreen settings.

Hmmm maybe it was just a one off thing.. ill try tonight again

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
BlinkGT said:
Matchmaking is actually shit. Really. It doesn't work. And we haven't got any trueskill leaderboards, why ? Where are the player's stats (races, wins, podiums...) ?

Hoping everything will be fixed in the next few days, i thought it would be for the US release but it's not.

Awesome game by the way, just reached lvl 40 in career (online doesn't work so...).
How much XP is needed for level 40?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't know if it has already been done but someone should make a GAF Forza 3 Silver Xbl Gamertag so that if people wanna race with other Gaffers, they'll be able to. :D

3 were made for ODST and they were very successful, I'm sure it would help out some people.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
BlinkGT said:

Yeah, the matchmaking hopper server settings (basically what determines who you connect to and what the criteria is for matching) need to be tweaked and tested. We'll iron it out. The good thing is that it's all server driven so we can make changes quickly and without having to roll out any updates.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Norante said:
Game is dark, seems like gamma levels are off. An option to adjust the brightness. Would have been nice. :-\

Really? I though this was amazingly bright and colourful in comparison to FM2.

Props on the job well done with the game, Che and Turn10. I don't know how you guys did it, but you made simulation games fun for me, and got me using In-car view when somehow I DESPISED it in every other game its been in. Bravo.

Best Racing Game of All Time
after PGR2

Been playing for an hour or so. Decided to play through on Expert setting. Yeah. I'm a little rusty, but it'll be fun feeling the satisfaction of getting better as I go.

So can anyone give any pointers for how to use the manual clutch best? Never played a racing game that had a clutch. I switched it to the A button, as it seems like in the long run you'd be able to get a nice feel for working the A-B and A-X combos.

I guess my question regarding the clutch would be, is the ideal to just barely tap the clutch while switching gears, or is there a finessing with how long you hold it in that ideally needs to happen?

And, one other question that may have been asked already, but will the Benchmark Track and Sidewinder tracks come up (if you have it installed) while playing through season mode?

Hawk SE

Everytime I'm in a race, and a friend signs on "Soandso signed on" pops up and the game will stutter

Disc 1 is installed. I had the same problem with the FM3 demo while in-race, anyone else having that?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
skyfinch said:
Where's the track that looks like Ken Block's playground? I have the Benchmark, but they're all ovals and drag strips.
Yeah I used the square-looking one, and just let the AI run in free play while I screwed around. You can't actually get to the helicopter either. Looked more open in leaked videos though, its really just a box of tarmac with a box inside of it you cannot enter.

rjcc

Hawk xSx said:
Everytime I'm in a race, and a friend signs on "Soandso signed on" pops up and the game will stutter

Disc 1 is installed. I had the same problem with the FM3 demo while in-race, anyone else having that?

yeah I had that, even on achievements too, ridiculously annoying. I have disc 1 installed as well if it matters but I don't know if it does, I ended up just turning off notifications while I played.

methos75

Banned
this game is starting to piss me off, I install the 2nd disc at the prompt and then I put in disc 1 it fails to reload and recognize it every fucking time.

skyfinch

AMUSIX said:
Go to Upgrade > Test Drive > Benchmark > Layout A

Wow, thanks. There's no way I would have figured that one out.

Also, what's up with the vibration feed back in Sebring? The surface is all bumpy and cracked but there's no rumble.

ShapeGSX

Holy crap, the Camino Viejo De Montserrat Extreme Circuit is unbelievable! So fast on the back straight. It flows so nicely.

The drag racing online is actually kind of cool. There are something like 4 heats to determine the winner. And everyone races in each heat.

I didn't have a problem with matchmaking. Got into 2 full rooms almost right away.

Jube3, what can I search for in order to find your storefront? They make it so easy to browse content, but impossible to search for a particular user.

DarkJC

methos75 said:
Anyone know how to fix my issue, at this point I am about to say fuck it and snap the fucking disc in half

I would delete all Forza 3 data installed to your hard drive and try from scratch. If you've already tried that I don't know what to say.

Hawk xSx said:

I had this problem when I first started playing when someone signed on, but now there's no issue. Not sure what caused it.

Nutter

methos75 said:
Anyone know how to fix my issue, at this point I am about to say fuck it and snap the fucking disc in half
Uninstall/Delete all forza files.. and do not install any disk from dashboard. Put Disk 1 in and when prompted install disk 2, when done now you can go to dash and install disk 1.

Also could someone please tell me how to gift credits to someone? Do I have to build a car and then gift it?

methos75

Banned
Nutter said:
Uninstall/Delete all forza files.. and do not install any disk from dashboard. Put Disk 1 in and when prompted install disk 2, when done now you can go to dash and install disk 1.

let me try that, and see if it works

Absoludacrous said:
This game is rough on people who still have 20gb hard drives.
just got the game, installed everything, and glad I upgraded to 120gb, yes it hurt when I got it (I did get it on clearance), but thats in the past and I never have to worry about space again. not having to worry about downloading demos, indies , DLC, installing was well worth the semi-ass-whooping I got buying it. can't wait to dive into this game. 60gb drives for 360 are going for about $40 bucks on ebay, that sounds like a great deal.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I got the game, downloaded everything... but I don't see the theme, the airport field playground, nor do I have the Zune Audi livery message in my inbox. What's up?

Doodis

Picked up my LCE today but still waiting for my E74'd 360 to be repaired. I hate all of you. :(

twinturbo2 said:
I got the game, downloaded everything... but I don't see the theme, the airport field playground, nor do I have the Zune Audi livery message in my inbox. What's up?
The theme and Zune livery is coming soon, just not available yet. The airport playground location is explained nine posts up on this page.

aaaaa0

I put a 500 hp engine into my starter Ford Fiesta car. LOL the thing is essentially undrivable now, wheel spin in every gear at almost any throttle position. :lol :lol

Forza 3 is awesome. Awesome is Forza 3.

TwiztidElf

methos75 said:
Press the green button again.
That first fillup bar you see is a dirty trick!

hamchan

Norante said:
Game is dark, seems like gamma levels are off. An option to adjust the brightness. Would have been nice. :-\

It might be your TV because the game is very bright on my end. Sometimes I have to turn my head away when the sun ingame is directly ahead of me.

ecnal

so i'm playing one of the subaru owner events and the cpu is using a s204, will this car become available to us at some point?

The game is sitting not 10 feet away from me, yet I haven't been able to play one lick because I'm slaving over this neverending project for work. I hope you lucky bastards who are actually playing the game realize how lucky and bastard-like you are. Bastards.

Top Bottom