• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

rise888

rise888 said:
My friends are challenging each other to a $50k budget drag race challenge. (including cost of car). Stakes are pink slips and there's a $15 buy in
Does anyone have any ideas to suggest?
I'm thinking of maybe a zr1 swap into a trans am and then focus on weight reduction

TofuEater said:
50k ingame?

Zr1 engine swap is already way too expensive if you factor in the cost of the cheapest chev.

Get a Datsun 510, stick a r34 engine or the v8 TT from the R390 roadcar and whack on AWD. Then go from there.

Just tried to do this with the Datsun. Buying the Datsun, R34 engine and then AWD conversion kills the $50k total budget. I even tried taking off the AWD and I could rarely keep the car in a straight line. Kept spinning out. Ugh, back to square one.

skyfinch said:
I noticed the "custom soundtracks" on the back of the game case, but who do you enable this? I don't see any option to get music from my hard drive.

You bring up the dashboard and go to the music player and start playing music, just like in every other game....

Jinjo

The new upgrade system has screwed up my race winning S-class Ferrari F355 Challenge tune. :lol
In the new class system you can definitely put on more upgrades before it goes out of the S-class. Let's hope that will turn out only for the better. :lol

Also: How do you search on gamertag in the storefront? I want to check out a few of you guys set-ups and liveries.

skyfinch said:
Thanks. Thought it would be like the Xbox 1 days.

I think there were a couple early Xbox 360 games that used the old method, but after various dashboard updates they all just go through the front-end music player. I'm pretty sure at this point all the icon on the back of the box means is that it will realize you are playing music through the dashboard and mute the in-game music automatically.

Pimpbaa

This game is racing bliss. I think the unlimited rewind feature is going to spoil me for other racing games (I'm very prone to errors in racing games, especially during the last lap).

Brakara

blanky said:
Found a neat little trick to make a little bit of money, I bought a VW Rabbit and put it up for auction for 1.000 since I didn't have the Auctioneer achievement (apparently doesn't work by selling the shitastic California which is a gift car) and i made an astounding 20.000 something off it! Just quadrupled my profit there.

It doesn't work every time though, as I've been trying that for more than a day (3+ auctions) with no takers so far.

But if anyone wants a cheap VW Rabbit, mine is up now for 1000CR (closes in 30 minutes or so).
I just want the achievement.

ShapeGSX

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I think there were a couple early Xbox 360 games that used the old method, but after various dashboard updates they all just go through the front-end music player. I'm pretty sure at this point all the icon on the back of the box means is that it will realize you are playing music through the dashboard and mute the in-game music automatically.

Something that not a lot of people know is that the IR port on the 360 will also control music playback. So if a song comes up that you don't like, you can skip it without bringing up the guide, or pause the music, etc...

It works with universal remotes and the two official media remotes that MS has released.

The soundtrack to this game is really good in parts, far less "what's hip on the radio now" and far more bassy, clubby, kinda soundtracky, but I'm slightly disappointed in not having some cult favorites on repeat like these Forza 2 classics:

Daft Punk is Playing at My House and On Repeat
Witch in the Club
the slightly awful-yet-catchy Spitfire
Cobrastyle, whose style was the bomb-digi-bomb-di-bang-di-bang-digi-digi, rudeboy.

Kinda felt like last time around they were stacking their high-energy soundtrack up against the likes of FIFA, and winning. This time around -- full-on Tiger Woods PGA Tour ambient dreaminess. What happened there?

PS: I started my Alfa gift car on an upgrade path and then looked at its value, it was worth like 6000cr. I didn't realize that stripped down it was worth 100cr, so my dumb ass went out and actually bought a few Alfas at 1000cr, thinking I could turn them around and sell for a profit, and actually losing at least 900cr on each one of them. So if you're a couple grand richer today after selling your Alfa gift car... you're welcome. :lol

h3ro

m0dus said:
I was curious if anyone had any storefront requests? I put up liveries for the fiesta, as well as the Acura. Am I missing any other cars you guys are bound to use?

Also, I've put up decals for Neogaf Drift and Negaf Race, for those interested--these include titles and the 'gaffy' design.

Just picked up the Chun Li livery in blue. :D

Any way we could get the original Crackdown 2 GT-R livery up there? Perhaps the ZOE GT-R ones as well?

I love how vinyl sets and designs can now be sold for their actual value, rather than slapped on a car in an outrageous auction.

Props to anyone that's putting out their casual art at no cost.

Hopefully someone will start a storefront full of rally designs and vintage stuff. I'd always wanted a good Gulf racing GT40 livery in Forza 2, but they were almost invariably several million credits, and often locked.

rjcc

ShapeGSX said:
Something that not a lot of people know is that the IR port on the 360 will also control music playback. So if a song comes up that you don't like, you can skip it without bringing up the guide, or pause the music, etc...

It works with universal remotes and the two official media remotes that MS has released.

interesting and useful, ty

Doodis

SuperEnemyCrab said:
You bring up the dashboard and go to the music player and start playing music, just like in every other game....
Still waiting for my 360 to be repaired...but hearing this is a big let down for me. I love the lobby music in the game and was hoping to be able to build a custom soundtrack within the game so that I could still chill to the excellent lobby music but play my own tracks while racing. :(

RBH

Just thought I'd give a heads-up that Forza 3 is going to be $39.99 during Black Friday at Sears.

2lcnz4o.jpg

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240530

Doodis said:
Still waiting for my 360 to be repaired...but hearing this is a big let down for me. I love the lobby music in the game and was hoping to be able to build a custom soundtrack within the game so that I could still chill to the excellent lobby music but play my own tracks while racing. :(

lol i'm kinda in the same boat. I love the menu music, but the in-game tracks are not my thing. *shrug* oh well.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I don't know how I feel about this game yet.

I have standards with racing games as I don't usually play them.

I'm NOT going to use a steering wheel thus
I'm NOT going to maually shift little alone clutch
but I still want the game to be difficult.

If I wanted to be doing 45 other fucking things while racing I would just play Geometry Wars and Forza at the same time.

I'm trying to find the happy medium with the settings but it's coming off just to easy. Either you turn on all the shit that I don't care about or it's easy mode.

*sigh*

Hawk SE

Last night for Day One was fun.

I got 30/50 achievements for 300/1000 points.

Got Driver to Level 10.

The achievement gaining will slow down a lot now, but seemed every 5 minutes a new achievement was popping.

I think I'm gonna make some pixel art so I can actually get the achievement for selling something on my Storefront, I'm not very good, so that's probably the best thing for me.

blanky

DeuceMojo said:
I love how vinyl sets and designs can now be sold for their actual value, rather than slapped on a car in an outrageous auction.

Props to anyone that's putting out their casual art at no cost.

Hopefully someone will start a storefront full of rally designs and vintage stuff. I'd always wanted a good Gulf racing GT40 livery in Forza 2, but they were almost invariably several million credits, and often locked.

Every design is locked now though. And you only see these low prices for designs because they're capped at 10.000. Which I like as well, but they're probably going to release that in a week or 2.

sneaky77

vumpler said:

If I wanted to be doing 45 other fucking things while racing I would just play Geometry Wars and Forza at the same time.

I'm trying to find the happy medium with the settings but it's coming off just to easy. Either you turn on all the shit that I don't care about or it's easy mode.

*sigh*

So turn of all the assists and play with automatic gears in hard AI

XiaNaphryz said:
I ordered mine like 2 or 3 weeks before that! Where's my shipping notification?!? :(

Or did you opt for the extra $150 shipping option?

nelson-simpsons-300x279.jpg

No, but seriously, I'm thinking about buying the Fanatec wheel in a few months. I have a blast playing the game and I think it will be even better with clutch. Cannot wait for the impressions!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
vumpler said:

*sigh*

You can turn all the assists off and it'll be difficult.

but personally I'd try not using automatic. Controlling the gears (no need for clutch) with the bumpers isn't exactly 'doing 45 things at once'.

Has the scoreboards or something gone down? after each race my game is taking about 1 minute to upload my times or save a ghost, only started to happen about 10 minutes ago.

XiaNaphryz said:
I ordered mine like 2 or 3 weeks before that! Where's my shipping notification?!? :(

Or did you opt for the extra $150 shipping option?
No, I daren't do that if only for the potential issues with customs. (Shipping from China vs Germany)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Psychotext said:
No, I daren't do that if only for the potential issues with customs. (Shipping from China vs Germany)
Are you sure your wheel is shipping and the notice wasn't just for your wheel stand? I got a delivery notice for the wheel stand over a month ago, and my whole order is considered "delivered" despite the wheel not out yet.

If your wheel did ship, I'm assuming mine has as well and I'm just waiting confirmation due to the weird tracking state my order is in with their system.

Pepto

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
I ordered back in june... But on a positive note, I just got my wheel stand. Man is it beastly. :D

Vlightray

If I do all races in event list will that screw up season play should I just play season play and then do the ones that don't end up showing in season play? I'm confused don't want to screw up if you can even screw up that is.

blanky

XiaNaphryz said:
Are you sure your wheel is shipping and the notice wasn't just for your wheel stand? I got a delivery notice for the wheel stand over a month ago, and my whole order is considered "delivered" despite the wheel not out yet.

If your wheel did ship, I'm assuming mine has as well and I'm just waiting confirmation due to the weird tracking state my order is in with their system.

Yeah their system is far from perfect. Mine's been on delivered for almost a week now, got an email confirmation today with 2 pdf's saying 2 different things and 2 different dates. I'm kinda confused, but as long as it turns up within a week with everything there all is well.

sneaky77

Vlightray said:
If I do all races in event list will that screw up season play should I just play season play and then do the ones that don't end up showing in season play? I'm confused don't want to screw up if you can even screw up that is.

I dont think u can screw up. Is just different ways of selecting races

Spasm

Pepto said:
I ordered back in june... But on a positive note, I just got my wheel stand. Man is it beastly. :D
RennSport or Wheelstand Pro? I can't decide between the two. I like that the head swivels on the Wheelstand, but it's also a ton more $$.

XiaNaphryz

Spasm said:
RennSport or Wheelstand Pro? I can't decide between the two. I like that the head swivels on the Wheelstand, but it's also a ton more $$.
Rennsport I'm assuming. There's no Wheelstand Pro model that supports Fanatec wheels.

XiaNaphryz said:
Are you sure your wheel is shipping and the notice wasn't just for your wheel stand?
Could just as easily be that. No idea really.

I'm pretty patient with the whole situation... though having the stand is a bit of a cock tease. :lol

blanky

Psychotext said:
Could just as easily be that. No idea really.

I'm pretty patient with the whole situation... though having the stand is a bit of a cock tease. :lol

You should be able to check it though if you got the emails, if the quantity for your wheel isnt zero it probably shipped.

Ahh yeah. It appears it was just the stand. Oh well.

Strange that I got the shipping notice after the thing had actually been delivered. :p

Spasm

XiaNaphryz said:
Rennsport I'm assuming. There's no Wheelstand Pro model that supports Fanatec wheels.
Ah shit! Didn't even realize. I guess that's one more plus for the RennSport. Don't wanna screw myself out of one day getting a Fanatec.

XiaNaphryz

Psychotext said:
Ahh yeah. It appears it was just the stand. Oh well.

Strange that I got the shipping notice after the thing had actually been delivered. :p
The Fanatec guys seem pretty swamped. They should hire extra temp help for a couple of weeks I think.

There is something very good about video exporting, those bastards in multiplayer who use you as a wall can be plastered all over youtube, fuckers.

*edit* can't find a single match in A class circuit, so annoying.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Diablohead said:
There is something very good about video exporting, those bastards in multiplayer who use you as a wall can be plastered all over youtube, fuckers.

We are testing new settings for matchmaking right now so sit tight. I know it's annoying because I'm personally addicted to multiplayer hoppers right now so I want to play too. :lol

BTW, the F100 scoreboard issue is getting resolved. Over the next hour or so, glitched scores will no longer be able to be posted on the leaderboard. Then folks start getting wiped - but it's not a total wipe, just a targeted selected wipe against cheaters.

There you have it.

Brakara

Diablohead said:

I just tried an A class circuit match, and found one in a few seconds. Was really smooth as well (the game, not the other players).

Tokubetsu

The black levels in this are definitely fucked up. It's not just me either, 2 others on my friends list have said something about it.

The Acura NSX(not the Type R ones) is a dream. Boring as hell to drive but the predictability is awesome. Even with no engine mods it flies. eats up Fujimi Kaido.

GuessWho

I just want to say that there are some DIRTY online racers out there. Fuck I HATE that shit. I took a lower class A car and they all had high end A cars. So here I am battling for 7th place and I;m currently in 8th while the guy in front made a mistake and I overtook him....so of course he had the faster car and he caught up to me on the straight and instead of just passing me which he could have easily done, no he spins me out. That shit is fucking disgusting. Can I please get invites to CLEAN racers. I don't care if your good or not as long as your clean.

AMUSIX

I will never intentionally spin you out;

I will never intentionally use you as a wall;

I only show my lack of skill to my opponents.

Top Bottom