• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

ElNino

Tokubetsu said:
The black levels in this are definitely fucked up. It's not just me either, 2 others on my friends list have said something about it.
I've read this quite a bit, so I'm sure this isn't unique for you, but what video connection/settings are you guys using who are having issues with black levels/contrast?

My 360 is hooked up (and calibrated) to my Samsung plasma with the VGA cable (set to Expanded) and Forza 3 looks fine on my setup and is certainly in line with the other games I have played.

Doodis

I will never admit to spinning you out;

I will never acknowledge I used you as a wall;

I only pretend to love to my opponents.

sneaky77

ElNino said:
I've read this quite a bit, so I'm sure this isn't unique for you, but what video connection/settings are you guys using who are having issues with black levels/contrast?

My 360 is hooked up (and calibrated) to my Samsung plasma with the VGA cable (set to Expanded) and Forza 3 looks fine on my setup and is certainly in line with the other games I have played.

it looks great on my tv so I am not sure..

Tokubetsu

ElNino said:

I've got it hooked up via component on a Samsung 21 inch monitor/tv. Im trying to get a vga cable to see if it makes a difference.

chespace said:
We are testing new settings for matchmaking right now so sit tight. I know it's annoying because I'm personally addicted to multiplayer hoppers right now so I want to play too. :lol

BTW, the F100 scoreboard issue is getting resolved. Over the next hour or so, glitched scores will no longer be able to be posted on the leaderboard. Then folks start getting wiped - but it's not a total wipe, just a targeted selected wipe against cheaters.

There you have it.
Is the F100 problem simular to the early F2 days with that Elan? glad you can sort it out quite quickly.

Think I will stick to earning more credits offline for a few days, using most of the stock cars this time is actually quite good compared to the tuned cars, but still just not enough on some tracks :)

Flo_Evans

GuessWho said:
I just want to say that there are some DIRTY online racers out there. Fuck I HATE that shit. I took a lower class A car and they all had high end A cars. So here I am battling for 7th place and I;m currently in 8th while the guy in front made a mistake and I overtook him....so of course he had the faster car and he caught up to me on the straight and instead of just passing me which he could have easily done, no he spins me out. That shit is fucking disgusting. Can I please get invites to CLEAN racers. I don't care if your good or not as long as your clean.

I want to do some online tonight but the wife is insisting on me going to see that MJ movie :(

Maybe later tonight... If I don't fall asleep. :lol

hie

Why can you still not use a 2nd controller for painting/photomode when using the wheel? It's my only complaint, really. I know people wanted it in F2 and I was sure they'd figure a way to do it this time. Unless I'm missing something....it totally sucks.

What's the FOV people are using most?

Hood view. The reflections are so great now. Makes a huge difference. Awesome.

Yoritomo

I hope we get B class races in soon I think that's my favorite online class to race. The arbitrary downforce assignments by T10 have less of an effect in the lower classes.

A is probably fun as well...

Basically anything but S class.

Chrange said:
What's the FOV people are using most?
76, most cars get their wing mirror in range and you can see a little more around you without having to originally using the right stick to look, but not enough to warp the screen to make the camera all funky, and it shows just enough wheel imo.

Since I added my VIP code I have the cars unlocked (I think) but no crown next to my gamertag in game lobbys.

GuessWho said:
you can move the cockpit view further back?
Go into multiscreen settings, turn it on, move down to the very bottom bar and change it from what it is already (45 I think) to 76, press A, enjoy.

Xun

Router said:
HAI GUIEZ AM I DOING IT RITE?

30vd3yp.jpg
Sorry, but what am I meant to be seeing here?

Xun said:
Sorry, but what am I meant to be seeing here?
One of the official screens released for F2 was on the sebring, using that car in blue at the same angle (but on the last corner of the lap) and well, it looked completely ugly and was an un-photo friendly as it could have ever been. It's somewhere in IGN's forza 2 gallery.

Falagard

Diablohead said:
One of the official screens released for F2 was on the sebring, using that car in blue at the same angle (but on the last corner of the lap) and well, it looked completely ugly and was an un-photo friendly as it could have ever been. It's somewhere in IGN's forza 2 gallery.

932731_20070417_screen006.jpg

p3tran

Banned
chespace said:
BTW, the F100 scoreboard issue is getting resolved. Over the next hour or so, glitched scores will no longer be able to be posted on the leaderboard.
Then folks start getting wiped - but it's not a total wipe, just a targeted selected wipe against cheaters.

There you have it.
I'm very happy to see that Forza 3 has evolved in ALL matters.
I understand that this required some carefull foreplanning on T10's side. job very well done 8)

hie said:
Why can you still not use a 2nd controller for painting/photomode when using the wheel? It's my only complaint, really.
Getting a 2nd controller to work, would require a 2nd profile to be activated.
this is viewed as a whole lot of security problem for microsoft, and it is not allowed by them.
it's not T10's fault. they tried but where denied.

the easiest way to switch between wheel/pad is to hold the big X button depressed for a couple of seconds, then the pop up menu comes on screen and you select "turn off controller".
after this, you press the start button on the other controller and you're good to go.

Rizob

Tokubetsu said:
The black levels in this are definitely fucked up. It's not just me either, 2 others on my friends list have said something about it.
Same here, and it was the same with Forza 2 as well. I'm using a calabirated 46" Sony X-Series LCD with HDMI and the black crush is terrible. It's very noticeable on the home screen when the camera 'fades out' to a different view, because it brightens the image and suddenly all the darkened detail in the grills etc appears for a moment. I'm not going to keep messing with my TV's settings for the sake of 1 game.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ShapeGSX said:
Something that not a lot of people know is that the IR port on the 360 will also control music playback. So if a song comes up that you don't like, you can skip it without bringing up the guide, or pause the music, etc...

It works with universal remotes and the two official media remotes that MS has released.

mind. blown.

Joates

Banned
Sorry havent been looking at this thread lately, but whose idea was it at T10 to take out the ability to take away the ability to search for races below A class online??? My favorite classes to race in FM2 were B and C and now I see all I can search for online is A and up?? Why is it I feel more limited in my online race selection in FM3 than I did in 2? Am I missing something here?

RayStorm

Is anyone else noticing a bug with the rewind feature? There are times, and I have yet to see a pattern to it, where it can't be activated. Any mind you, I'm not talking about the seconds after the race start (which I don't quite understand either, but anyway).

Also, I still wonder where the system link has gone. This is kind of hampering my enjoyment of the game, knowing that I'll never be driving against friends in real life.

I also dislike the menus sliding in so slowly. I want to be able to navigate them immediately. Or at least, when I'm getting antsy and start pressing buttons not have those button presses actually make a selection for me.

And I would seriously have loved a way to actually save certain stages of upgrades. E.g: Currently I'm driving a 03 Viper. I had bought upgrades to bring it to A600. I would have liked to save that configuration, as I have bought further upgrades by now to bring it to S700 (or is it S800?). That means going back to racing a class races with it is going to be quite a task I'd rather not take on.

Flo_Evans

RayStorm said:
Is anyone else noticing a bug with the rewind feature? There are times, and I have yet to see a pattern to it, where it can't be activated. Any mind you, I'm not talking about the seconds after the race start (which I don't quite understand either, but anyway).

Also, I still wonder where the system link has gone. This is kind of hampering my enjoyment of the game, knowing that I'll never be driving against friends in real life.

I also dislike the menus sliding in so slowly. I want to be able to navigate them immediately. Or at least, when I'm getting antsy and start pressing buttons not have those button presses actually make a selection for me.

And I would seriously have loved a way to actually save certain stages of upgrades. E.g: Currently I'm driving a 03 Viper. I had bought upgrades to bring it to A600. I would have liked to save that configuration, as I have bought further upgrades by now to bring it to S700 (or is it S800?). That means going back to racing a class races with it is going to be quite a task I'd rather not take on.

Doesn't it do this when you save a tune setting? Or does it only save the spring rates and not the parts equipped?

Joates said:
Sorry havent been looking at this thread lately, but whose idea was it at T10 to take out the ability to take away the ability to search for races below A class online??? My favorite classes to race in FM2 were B and C and now I see all I can search for online is A and up?? Why is it I feel more limited in my online race selection in FM3 than I did in 2? Am I missing something here?

They are adding it, supposedly... I would say lets make a private room for now. You got your cheetos? :lol

LCfiner

RayStorm said:

this happened to me once, yeah. not sure why

RayStorm

Flo_Evans said:
Doesn't it do this when you save a tune setting? Or does it only save the spring rates and not the parts equipped?

As far as I'm aware it just saves you tuning settings, not the parts installed. But that awareness of mine is based off of Forza2 and not reading anything to the contrary concerning F3 so far.

ShapeGSX

Rizob said:
Same here, and it was the same with Forza 2 as well. I'm using a calabirated 46" Sony X-Series LCD with HDMI and the black crush is terrible. It's very noticeable on the home screen when the camera 'fades out' to a different view, because it brightens the image and suddenly all the darkened detail in the grills etc appears for a moment. I'm not going to keep messing with my TV's settings for the sake of 1 game.

There is calibration for NTSC and ATSC video sources in order to re-create the image that the camera sees.

There is no calibration for video games because there is no camera.

Flo_Evans

RayStorm said:
As far as I'm aware it just saves you tuning settings, not the parts installed. But that awareness of mine is based off of Forza2 and not reading anything to the contrary concerning F3 so far.

That kind of blows. I'll have to check that tonight. I did use the quick tune once last night to go from B > A > B last night on an M3 and while it didn't keep my 'B' setup correct it did a half decent job of optimizing it... Might have even been better than my initial 'B' tune. :lol

TofuEater

Found a bug. Get in the Reventon in cockpit view, when someone on your friends list signs on the dash has purple lines.

Split-screen racing, I want my replays :(

Keikoku

Banned
TofuEater said:
Found a bug. Get in the Reventon in cockpit view, when someone on your friends list signs on the dash has purple lines.

I confirm that. I thought that was my 360 RRODing again :lol

HoTHiTTeR

TofuEater said:

That sounds more like a feature than a bug. :p

TofuEater said:

The Reventon can see the future and talks to you in matrix language.

ChRoNiTe

blanky said:
Found a neat little trick to make a little bit of money, I bought a VW Rabbit and put it up for auction for 1.000 since I didn't have the Auctioneer achievement (apparently doesn't work by selling the shitastic California which is a gift car) and i made an astounding 20.000 something off it! Just quadrupled my profit there.
Just tried this and got almost 13,000 for mine. Wonder if it's people trying to get the snipe achievement driving the price up? :lol

TofuEater

GuessWho said:
still no replays in split screen?

yeap, no replays still.

Also wish you could change the specific car for the AI to drive, its always random.

I want my enzo vs reventon vs carerra gt vs koenigsegg drag race

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I tried putting like 10 cars up for Auction before I finally sold one.

And it was my starting Fiesta.

ChRoNiTe

TofuEater said:
yeap, no replays still.

Also wish you could change the specific car for the AI to drive, its always random.

Create a private room in multiplayer then you can add AI cars adjust their difficulty and car type.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TofuEater said:
yeap, no replays still.

So theres no way to set up matches with AI? Really? Damn... I hope Turn10 is able to patch this in with splitscreen replay functionality.

Niblet

Asking again: I am interested in getting into creating vinyls, but it is a little overwhelming to start out. Any definitive guides/walkthroughs/sites on the matter?

Top Bottom