• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Just found the time trial races. Very poorly placed, they're hidden in the leaderboard menu for anyone else that's looking.

Tokubetsu

A clean run of Fujimi Kaido is proving impossible for me with all assists off and in manual. I never want to leave 3rd and 2nd gear and every other corner im accelerating too early. None of the other tracks are giving me this problem :lol

NeoGIF

To Che and the rest of the Turn 10 gang, words alone can't describe how incredible this game is. I am beyond impressed. Job well done.

Psychotext said:
Could just as easily be that. No idea really.

I'm pretty patient with the whole situation... though having the stand is a bit of a cock tease. :lol

I don't know Pyscho, I got the email notice today and it said shipment will arrive on Nov. 2nd and only thing I have order with them is the Porsche Wheel. (Order since Feb. ...). I got the wheel stand back in Jan. when Race Pro came out. So your notice could be for the wheel. I know they ship stuff out of California and Thomas said last week that the wheel arrived last Friday and they are processing orders this week.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just played some online races. Lots of fun was had besides some major crashes. I seemed to be getting shit on though. I race with all assists off and manual and I don't know what everyone else was on but they were wrecking me most of the time. Best finish I had was 3rd. I was racing with a stock C6 Z06 and some R8's were kicking ass. It was really fun though.

Also, what I absolutely love is that I can still level up and earn money by playing online. I'm really pleased with that decision. Later on tonight I might work on some 8-bit art for my Z06. I'm a total noob to the livery editor and I guess that would be a good way to start off.

Really loving the game so far.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
anyone else having a problem with the lap decertification that occurs randomly when you're racing? i mean, i understand if i was drafting or something, but when i'm in the middle of the road on a straightaway and about 10 seconds away from any car - why does it sometimes randomly decide i did something wrong and flag the lap as a bad lap? also having a bit of a problem as it sometimes flags the next lap automatically (this is driving me NUTS) rawrrrghhhh

DopeyFish said:
anyone else having a problem with the lap decertification that occurs randomly when you're racing? i mean, i understand if i was drafting or something, but when i'm in the middle of the road on a straightaway and about 10 seconds away from any car - why does it sometimes randomly decide i did something wrong and flag the lap as a bad lap? also having a bit of a problem as it sometimes flags the next lap automatically (this is driving me NUTS) rawrrrghhhh
Like someone said on the last page - why does it matter? Are you trying to set leaderboard times during races?

FM3 is just astonishingly good. I've been using a variety of cars in Season Play and each one has been utterly unique and joyous to drive. I just got to level 21 and received mah Ford GT. :D

Also, it really can't be said enough just how much better the photomode is than FM2's, which was hopelessly clunky in comparison. Going through the various photomode threads, and the results speak for themselves.

GOTFY without question.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Che wtf is going on with your forums

ATT:they are banning people who diss the matchmaking

i payed 40 quid for the game and i get treated like a no voiced jew in 1943 germany shocking

that being said, anyone notice every game on matching is all R1,R2 type cars, and everyone just crashig at the first corner

*flocks to private matches

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Kentpaul said:
Che wtf is going on with your forums

ATT:they are banning people who diss the matchmaking

i payed 40 quid for the game and i get treated like a no voiced jew in 1943 germany shocking

that being said, anyone notice every game on matching is all R1,R2 type cars, and everyone just crashig at the first corner

*flocks to private matches

We don't ban anyone who does not violate the TOS.

You can diss matchmaking all you want, but if you insult other forum members or Turn 10, you get the hammer. That sort of feedback isn't constructive.

DarkJC

DopeyFish said:

Why? It's an exercise in frustration, there's too many random elements, namely the ai, that will cause the lap to be flagged. If you're trying to set high ranking times, I'm not sure why you wouldn't use hot lap. Times you get in there will be way better than when you're racing anyway.

Kentpaul

chespace said:
We don't ban anyone who does not violate the TOS.

You can diss matchmaking all you want, but if you insult other forum members or Turn 10, you get the hammer. That sort of feedback isn't constructive.

glad i live in the uk where this sorta harshness doesnt follow suit

p3tran

Banned
DarkJC said:
Why? It's an exercise in frustration, there's too many random elements, namely the ai, that will cause the lap to be flagged. If you're trying to set high ranking times, I'm not sure why you wouldn't use hot lap. Times you get in there will be way better than when you're racing anyway.

I believe the reason most people right now try to get some hotlapping through career races,
is that its the very beginning of the game and everybody needs some dough.

I know I tried some hotlapping at the beginning of my game, but soon reverted to career as I run out of money almost instantly while modding a couple of cars to hot lap with :lol

BUT
the proper place for laps is not the career races. Sometimes I get a flag when a CPU car is around the <50m mark in front or behind me, and during the last laps of the race, where I usually register better times, I have CPU opponents that I have to pass for the second time.
PLUS
sometimes I get a flag for no apparent reason. I still havent figured that out, but nothing of the usual things that cause a "!" happens. it just lights up!

another way to get some money while hotlapping is to create a private lobby with your pals, set the collisions to ghost mode, the # of laps pretty high, winner is the best laptime and gogogogo!

Iknos

Kentpaul said:

I haven't read up on T10's forums lately so I don't know the details but if you want to have a forum where you can insult people just make your own and do it there. No harshness there...problem solved.

Brakara

Kentpaul said:

Are you bitching over the fact that you aren't allowed to insult people on their forum (and thus violating the TOS)? Really? Then again, you compared being banned on the forzamotorsport.net forum to the Holocaust so I shouldn't be surprised.

Shaneus

Don't know if anyone can explain this to me or not, but who else has noticed that there are some cars that don't cast a shadow when in your rear view mirror? I was in a class C 2 car, 3 heat race with my 22B on Fujimi Kaido, and while an NSX cast a shadow, the R33 Skyline in the next heat didn't. Looks like it's superimposed :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
DarkJC said:

Yea if I wanna race around and set times I go for the Hot Lap. I do wish the leaderboards actually separated people based on the assists used. I know that there are those little semi-circles and stuff but it would have been nice if I could see only people who used a certain class of car with my assists on that track. Unless I'm missing something that is and this feature already exists.

blanky

Sweet :D my Rennsport Stand arrived, that thing IS beastly. So sturdy and heavy. Don't have the 360 adapter yet though, so sadly I'll have to wait on that. UPS woke me up though lol

Zhuk

Banned
Played multiplayer mode all night with a few friends, we had a blast. The updated Fujimi Kaido is some of the best racing i've ever done on any system.

Zhuk said:
Played multiplayer mode all night with a few friends, we had a blast. The updated Fujimi Kaido is some of the best racing i've ever done on any system.
Tell me about it, it's been a long time since I played the F1 version but the entire lap was a blast! really well built long track.

Some differences I noticed, there is no red asphalt area at the bottom of the classic route but that is only minor, I just remember the road changing colour near the end.

The name avoids me right now but the track with the cobble roads and along the coast (not the demo track based on spain) DAMN first time on that track last night in MP and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, full route too :D

Brakara said:
Then again, you compared being banned on the forzamotorsport.net forum to the Holocaust so I shouldn't be surprised.
Quite. I had to read that sentence a couple of times as I couldn't quite believe what I had just seen.

Brakara

blanky said:
no they're not.

That just flat out sucks. And it will also ensure that I'm not going to buy any future DLC tracks. If it's not integrated into the career mode, it might as well not exist for me.

This is the first sim racing game to really sink it's teeth into me. When not playing the game, I think about playing it and what sweet car will I mess with today. I also noticed myself sketching decals in my college notebook. The last game to do this to me was probably crackdown.

Milpool

Aww my wheel bit the dust, and there's no chance in hell of me getting the fanatec any time soon. By the time I could afford it, it would be sold out. How much was the pre-order price in euros? It's 349 now for the standard one.

Brakara said:
That just flat out sucks. And it will also ensure that I'm not going to buy any future DLC tracks. If it's not integrated into the career mode, it might as well not exist for me.
The DLC tracks are rather out of place imo, the benchmark ring is just that, a benchmark ring with a playground in the middle, and with the complaints sidewinder got from forza 2 ( i personally like the track) I guess turn10 did not want to include it into the main racing again.

I hope that turn10 are working on another mammoth circuit which is huge, they work so well in forza 3.

Nyx

So what's everyone's favorite and least favorite tracks ?

My fav tracks are Maple Valley and Nordschleife, both are very good for high speed racing.

My least favorite tracks are New York and Sebring.

Kentpaul

private matches are the way to go

every match making game i seem to join its all R1,R2 race car races,

Everyone spinning out at the start then crashing at the first corner

you cant beat a class F race :D both slowly driving along then dropping from third to second for the over take

Kentpaul

Nyx said:
So what's everyone's favorite and least favorite tracks ?

My fav tracks are Maple Valley and Nordschleife, both are very good for high speed racing.

My least favorite tracks are New York and Sebring.

i love how they included the tire bit in the middle of the new york one , i mind my first race on it, didnt expect it boom

soon as i seen it i hit the hand break, and the normal break but it was all over so fast

rewind :p

Lucius86

Banned
Diablohead said:
The DLC tracks are rather out of place imo, the benchmark ring is just that, a benchmark ring with a playground in the middle, and with the complaints sidewinder got from forza 2 ( i personally like the track) I guess turn10 did not want to include it into the main racing again.

I hope that turn10 are working on another mammoth circuit which is huge, they work so well in forza 3.

I personally would like any other GP circuits, because Suzuka, Silverstone and Estoril are easily my favourite tracks - I love them!!! Especially Suzuka!!

web01

Whats up with the soundtrack for this game it sounds like about the same 10 songs are repeating over and over again.

Also another thing thats extremely annoying is how in the store front pushing the B button after looking at another users storefront doesnt take you back to your last search forcing you to search all over again. Makes everything take double the time it should, couple this with the fact that searching sometimes glitches and finds nothing for no reason leads to extreme frustration. How this could pass basic testing is beyond me.

Okay...so I just started. I'm about nine races in and I'm a race bully.

I still drive my Yaris like I'm playing Burnout. I'm trying to be gentlemanly and euro on the tracks but the roads are so narrow...how do you pass/when do you pass and do so without trading paint with the other racers?

I want to get online and race but I don't want to be "that guy" in the online races.

Help!

Kentpaul said:
private matches are the way to go

every match making game i seem to join its all R1,R2 race car races,

Everyone spinning out at the start then crashing at the first corner

you cant beat a class F race :D both slowly driving along then dropping from third to second for the over take

F class FTW :)

Vlightray

NeoGIF said:
To Che and the rest of the Turn 10 gang, words alone can't describe how incredible this game is. I am beyond impressed. Job well done.
I come in here to post this.Hired a driver to complete the race while I say that this game is so fantastic.If Turn 10 brings games like this they can have my money.

The feeling is perfect keeps pulling me to drive.
Interface is so sleek smooth and the features are great.
Graphics are awesome (imo) and sounds are perfect (exception of when tuning a exhuast but I can understand space etc.)

This the first Forza I purchased always been with Gran Turismo but I can say GT needs to keep it's eyes open. Engine swaps this too is the first time for me and wow it's awesome big
engine small car fun x10.

Livery Editor something I thought I would get totally lost with but yes sir it's like Photoshop on the Xbox. Only limits are your personal skills and or layers.

In all a wonderful game.

Forza 4:
If you asked me what I would ask for:
More cars maybe 800.
Even More Customization.
Maybe even more Tracks.

Congrats Turn 10.[This game = Reason to get a Xbox 360]

NeoGIF

Zhuk said:

Yeah, definitely one of my most favorite tracks thus far, followed by Sedona Raceway Park.

TwiztidElf

There is no doubt this game is quality all the way. For me, second only this year so far to SFIV.

There are two things that really bug me though.

1) The online. a) Public matches should be able to be locked to the lower classes. b) You should be able to have public matches with collisions OFF. In Forza2, I met so many awesome people on XBL sticking to the collisions off public rooms.

2) Where is online CAREER CO-OP? The other big MS franchises Halo and Gears have it. Why not Forza? It makes no sense. Why can't me and a buddy be in the same race (or group of races), in career? If we cross the line 1-2, we both get first place XP and credit? If you end up down in the pack, you get the correct XP and credit for that place. Just seems out of step with the whole xbox philosophy for me and a friend to be doing the exact same single player races in different instances.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I can't believe how powerful the Peugot is. Everyone else in the race picked R3/R2 cars too. I was starting 4th and I just BLEW past everyone. It was like I was playing a different game :lol The car just flat out dominates.

h3ro

RSTEIN said:
I can't believe how powerful the Peugot is. Everyone else in the race picked R3/R2 cars too. I was starting 4th and I just BLEW past everyone. It was like I was playing a different game :lol The car just flat out dominates.

That Xbox360 logo on the side is good for +300HP.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
h3ro said:
That Xbox360 logo on the side is good for +300HP.

no doubt :lol

I still didn't win tho. I crashed a couple times. I had just finished playing online career for about an hour or so. I'm still using my little Ford. So the jump to the Puegot (i.e. from one of the worst cars in the game to the best) was quite an adjustment to say the least :D

Manic D

Tashi0106 said:
Anyone else play with notifications turned off? Anytime I get an Achievement or a friend signs on while I'm racing the game drops frames like CRAZY causing me to crash. I turned them off last night and didn't realize I unlocked like 10 achievements.
I have this issue as well when friends sign on. (and had it with the demo) It was also mentioned in the Inside Sim Racing review. It really stutters quite a bit.

HokieJoe

If I find myself not liking a track, I generally tell myself that it's my fault for not being able to drive it well enough. That said, my favorites thus far are: Leguna Seca, and Nurburgring Nordschleif- oldies but goodies.

The only track I really dislike, and have since Forza 1, is Tsukuba.

Top Bottom