• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

So I started racing in hard mode, 'cause yeah, it ain't that hard. But gotta do it to make the game a challenge.

Anyone using the MS X360 racing wheel... with the clutch setting? I'm wondering if it's even possible, since it's hard as a mofo sometimes to downshift into a turn with the controller, and the wheel doesn't seem to have a button you could map to the clutch to press while changing gears.

Show of hands: who even uses the clutch? I'm kinda using it 'cause it's there.

But yeah, back to the wheel -- I am not buying the Fanatec, 'cause I can't justify it, but is the MS wheel worth its while?

BlinkGT

I won't play online as much time as i did in Forza 2, i think. :/
Sorry for complaining but i'm so disappointed, actually.

Lvl 45, by the way. :D

Kordos

Anybody notice the S5 has some untouchable stats at A600?

484hp, just under 3000 lbs.

I'm trying to find some other cars in the ballpark... the Cayman ends up about 100 hp shy :)

lol I was voted out of a lobby I been in for about an hour, I was doing too well it seems.

I made a mad bmw now, it's lacking about 10mph down long straights but on the corners it's like a go-kart :D

Kordos said:
Anybody notice the S5 has some untouchable stats at A600?

484hp, just under 3000 lbs.

I'm trying to find some other cars in the ballpark... the Cayman ends up about 100 hp shy :)
Lot's of people using the S5 and R8, my bmw is packing 405 and the only time the S5 pulls away is around gear 4-5 :( on long tracks they are pretty quick. I think a lot of 4WD cars are too good and don't need downforce, thus making them faster overall.

*ps* I hate rammers who quit after using you as a wall :lol

*edit* I am in a room of 8 people, 5 are in the S5, the top one being trueskill 37 or something, shows how broken that car is.

*results edit* S5 top 4, I was spun out but came 5th, was seconds before the finish before the 30 seconds timer ran out :/ fuck that shit.

purg3

slept with Malkin
just got an ingame msg saying the LCE premium theme is now available for download.

downloaded it, not too bad I guess.

I'm getting a weird error and Google came up blank. I was wondering if you lot had experienced it?

Basically, in every single race I get lots of intrusive black lines on the top half of my screen. It's only ever in the races - as soon as I cross the finish line and the cinematic view kicks in it vanishes. I'm fairly sure it's not my 360 dying as it's been working fine for everything else, but yeah... :\

purg3

slept with Malkin
BenjaminBirdie said:
Like in the game messaging?
here, quick cellphone pic

zv4gu9.jpg

A poster on another forum has temporarily been temporarily banned from the storefront (apparently his silhouette of a woman got reported) and now his game keeps crashing in season play...

...related? I get the feeling that the banning functionality might not have been properly tested.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does the theme look exactly like the simple, showroom themes already out but with different cars?

Oh thats great. I don't have permission to download because I'm not 18 or older. This is the only solution? Really? Why couldn't they distribute codes to VIP members via in-game messages or something? Or email them to people who comment on the Forza blog or something? FFS.

Rizob

I don't like the free theme. I guess i was expecting something a little more in line with the sleek look of the games menus.

TofuEater

Diablohead said:
Lot's of people using the S5 and R8

This might be because the time trials are dominated by the S5 and R8. Thats how I bought mine, stupidly fast in A600.

Also didnt Audi help with the modeling in some cars? A little buff here and there for Audi and a broken car appears!

Just had some online matches... and when you're with a decent group of people it's A LOT of fun. The system works 100x better than F2 where it would take ages to find a match, and then actually get into a race.

Now, obviously when you're dealing with public matches you're going to run into a lot of bumping and grinding. For the hardcore racers that don't tolerate that kind of thing, then obviously it's not enjoyable. But for me, I don't mind it too much. For some reason I'm always the one that gets hit/spun out at the very first corner, but that ends up working out for me as inevitably EVERYONE gets spun out during a race, so spinning out at the beginning doesn't put me at too much of a disadvantage which lets me catch up and pass people.

What I also found is that I'm no good at bumping and grinding myself. Whenever I tried to get back at someone that had tapped me I'd always miss, screw up and then fall too far back. What I found to be more effective is to just stay on their tail, driving normally, and they'd eventually succumb to the pressure and spin out. Happened a few times and every time it was hilarous!

I love my A600 Gallardo.

A LOT of AWD racers.... >_< no love for RWD? it seems that everytime i race online, there are only 2-3 RWD including me, then the rest are AWDs with their R8s, S5s, Murcielagos, etc.... lol

Just downloaded the theme, but will check it out in the morning as I am still playing the game :D

soujiro_seta said:
A LOT of AWD racers.... >_< no love for RWD? it seems that everytime i race online, there are only 2-3 RWD including me, then the rest are AWDs with their R8s, S5s, Murcielagos, etc.... lol
I use a A600 rear wheel drive M3-GTR :D works quite well but I need to sort out the lacking puff in the higher gears, everything I have tried so far has resulted in the car being unstable on fast corners, the main reason why I stick with it in the first place.

Yoritomo

Jube3 said:
Wierd, I no longer see myself on the designer leaderboards. I had just broken the top ten too :( Did they get reset?

It seems to be dominated by people with free stuff.

Although I love your Captain America z06 which was free.

Yoritomo

soujiro_seta said:

Unfortunately it gives a rather large advantage on launch so if your gearing is set up properly you can avoid the first corner pileup.

I still get fastest lap even in a stock z06 but usually waste 10 seconds in the opening cluster of idiots.

Jube3 said:
where did that come from? Is it safe to download? hehe i dont have my le yet
URL was sent by the ingame mail system, it's the real deal but no idea it worked for regular members too.

Still, we have our free theme at last.

tissot said:
Do I get more credits if I play Season Play rather then Event List?
Same races and leagues just presented differently, season play is like giving you each race on a plate, event list is selecting the buffet yourself.

ecnal

is there a way to paint rims completely white?

the white color on the pallet paints rims a light silver instead of white.

anyone know?

DeuceMojo said:
So I started racing in hard mode, 'cause yeah, it ain't that hard. But gotta do it to make the game a challenge.

Anyone using the MS X360 racing wheel... with the clutch setting? I'm wondering if it's even possible, since it's hard as a mofo sometimes to downshift into a turn with the controller, and the wheel doesn't seem to have a button you could map to the clutch to press while changing gears.

Show of hands: who even uses the clutch? I'm kinda using it 'cause it's there.

But yeah, back to the wheel -- I am not buying the Fanatec, 'cause I can't justify it, but is the MS wheel worth its while?

I decided to use the clutch all the time. I asked a bit earlier in the thread if anyone had some basic pointers on the ideal use of the clutch. I'm still still trying to work out if it's best to let off the gas at all, how long to hold in the clutch, etc. I mean in terms of what's ideal for getting the smoothest/fastest gear change. It seems like my car makes a bit of grinding noise almost every time, so it may mean I've not got the method down yet. I switched the clutch to the A button too (I'm using the controller).

I think I read somewhere that the fastest gear-switching times you'll be able to achieve will be when using the manual clutch. So in the long run I'm thinking it may be worth it.

Psychotext said:
Bah, was really hoping for mine to arrive in November. Not looking like much chance of that now.

When did you order Psycho? Mine is on the way, UPS tracking said arrving on Monday Nov 2nd, I can't wait.

chixdiggit

DeuceMojo said:

I would like more opinions on this as well. I had the wheel for Forza 2, had fun with it but the controller was so much easier to use. Now I hear that the wheel works better with Forza 3.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
chixdiggit said:
I would like more opinions on this as well. I had the wheel for Forza 2, had fun with it but the controller was so much easier to use. Now I hear that the wheel works better with Forza 3.
I've only just got my MS Wheel in the past week, so I'm still getting use to it.

But I still find the controller easier.

dablemont

Banned
Loving this game!

I have a question, and I'm sorry it is really dumb, but here it goes - where do I run this Time Trial thingy?? XD

BlinkGT

dablemont said:
Loving this game!

I have a question, and I'm sorry it is really dumb, but here it goes - where do I run this Time Trial thingy?? XD
Forza Motorsports 3 > Leaderboards > Time Trial > You choose your race and you push A.

purg3

slept with Malkin
wooo, just got 110k drift score. didn't think I would be able to get that achievement since i suck big time on drifting, thank god for rewind feature. :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Am I the only one that is finding that all the cars drive pretty much the same perfect line?

Maybe it's because I'm still early in my season play but it seems that the cars (especially the lead two or three) drive exactly the same lines. Like they all brake at the same time, for the same amount of time, hold their turns for the same length etc...

Am I right?

TofuEater

Truelize said:
Am I the only one that is finding that all the cars drive pretty much the same perfect line?

Maybe it's because I'm still early in my season play but it seems that the cars (especially the lead two or three) drive exactly the same lines. Like they all brake at the same time, for the same amount of time, hold their turns for the same length etc...

Am I right?

Sometimes they push too hard and spin out. But yeah early on in the game with slow cars, not really hard to keep to a perfect line.

This damn game has me completely addicted. I've had just a few hours' sleep for the last two nights, and while I regret it during the day, FM3 is so fucking good that I just can't stop.

I'm up to level 35 now, and the FXX you are gifted is a fucking beast. It just destroys all comers in R3.

The competition in my racing season is moving up to purpose-built race cars, (the cars I'm racing generally follow the order they're gifted in). I just blew all my credits on a Super GT NSX; de-restricting it nets an increase of 171 hp for a measly 1,300 credits. :D It's quite sad that Honda is discontinuing the Super GT NSX race program next season due to rule changes, but at least it'll live on in FM3...

imtehman

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
This damn game has me completely addicted. I've had just a few hours' sleep for the last two nights, and while I regret it during the day, FM3 is so fucking good that I just can't stop.

I'm up to level 35 now, and the FXX you are gifted is a fucking beast. It just destroys all comers in R3.

The competition in my racing season is moving up to purpose-built race cars, (the cars I'm racing generally follow the order they're gifted in). I just blew all my credits on a Super GT NSX; de-restricting it nets an increase of 171 hp for a measly 1,300 credits. :D It's quite sad that Honda is discontinuing the Super GT NSX race program next season due to rule changes, but at least it'll live on in FM3...

i'm addicted too, between this and SF4 (now that i have the tournament edition stick) i don't know how to find the time for MW2 and L4D2

Top Bottom