• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

HokieJoe

I started the C Class World Championship and finished four races but had to go to bed before finishing the fifth. The next night I went into the event list and finished the last race giving me all golds (and if IIRC, the World Championship XP). The problem is, when I go back into season mode, it wants to take me to the C Class World Championship- as if I haven't completed all of the races.

Is there no carry over between event list and the season calender?

rjcc

I'm still very disappointed there's no option to save different class configs for the same vehicle, but I was pleasantly surprised when it offered to downgrade my car so I could participate in a lower class race automatically. I'd rather hand tune for each class, but even just this auto selection makes doing the season far less of a drag to get through.

still - multiple equipment configs/tunes for individual cars turn10, put it on the board for forza 4.

Kordos

rjcc said:
I'm still very disappointed there's no option to save different class configs for the same vehicle, but I was pleasantly surprised when it offered to downgrade my car so I could participate in a lower class race automatically. I'd rather hand tune for each class, but even just this auto selection makes doing the season far less of a drag to get through.

still - multiple equipment configs/tunes for individual cars turn10, put it on the board for forza 4.

Wait, you can't do this? I thought this was handled via "my saved tunes".

ShapeGSX

rjcc said:

There is an upgrade manager. So you can save a set of upgrades for a specific vehicle. Like I have a "Class C Eclipse" upgrade set with a turbo upgrade, intercooler, shocks, etc...

And then a "Class B Eclipse" upgrade set with the engine upgrade, etc...

It doesn't link to the tune manager, if that is what you are looking for, though.

rjcc

ShapeGSX said:
There is an upgrade manager. So you can save a set of upgrades for a specific vehicle. Like I have a "Class C Eclipse" upgrade set with a turbo upgrade, intercooler, shocks, etc...

And then a "Class B Eclipse" upgrade set with the engine upgrade, etc...

It doesn't link to the tune manager, if that is what you are looking for, though.

wait what? where is that?

p3tran

Banned
rjcc said:
wait what? where is that?
if I understood well what you're looking for, every time you are in "tune setup" screens,
pressing start brings up the tunes file manager. there you can save as many setups as you like for the same vehicle. just give meaningfull names so you wont get lost longterm.

rjcc

p3tran said:
if I understood well what you're looking for, every time you are in "tune setup" screens,
pressing start brings up the tunes file manager. there you can save as many setups as you like for the same vehicle. just give meaningfull names so you wont get lost longterm.

not just tunes, but parts. like a parts setup that puts me at the top of d & e class for the same car that I can load in single or multiplayer for different classes.

hie

rjcc said:
I'm still very disappointed there's no option to save different class configs for the same vehicle...

You could in F2 and you can still....unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

edit:
not just tunes, but parts. like a parts setup that puts me at the top of d & e class for the same car that I can load in single or multiplayer for different classes.

ahhh...yeah, that would be nice. I don't think you can do that, but the downgrade stuff is pretty cool this time.

blanky

p3tran said:

do you know a proper drift mod for the MX-5(new one) without any body modification. I want to put a livery on it and sell the design and use it for myself, but all the setups i buy mod the exterior as well which i don't like ;p

I thought parts were part of a tune, when I apply a saved tune setup it automatically applies all the parts for it. Or just the parts it needs?

DarkJC

rjcc said:

Yes, they have this, when you're in the upgrade section buying upgrades for a car, hit start to save your current parts setup.

edit: or it could be back. I dunno, the legend is at the bottom of the screen, called "Setup Manager"

rjcc

DarkJC said:
Yes, they have this, when you're in the upgrade section buying upgrades for a car, hit start to save your current parts setup.

edit: or it could be back. I dunno, the legend is at the bottom of the screen, called "Setup Manager"

ShapeGSX said:
In the Upgrade menus. Look for the Upgrade Manager.

K, I will look for it next time i'm in there, thanks for the heads up.

dejay

Banned
cjelly said:
I think I showed up to the Skyline series a little... overpowered. :lol

4058508759_86532822f6_o.jpg

That made me chuckle. Big fish in a small pond. I can imagine the other drivers looking and thinking "what a try hard"

Tokubetsu

I want to make sweet sweet love to my ford focus. It's like a dream to drive. Handles corners perfectly, shift time is perfect, its just a fucking love. Just dominating C class races with it in Season :lol

aaaaa0

Chorazin said:
I totally disagree. I bought the wheel when it first came out, and every time a new racer comes out, I forget how much I HATE playing with the wheel and give it a try. Man, it's just not fun to me to fight against the wheel. Not to mention when you use Rewind, it also REWINDS THE FUCKING WHEEL. And it's not gentle either, it's a violent recreation of how you drove during the Rewind period.

If they don't reset the wheel to the position it was at after the rewind, then the wheels on the car won't match the position of the steering wheel, and funky physics would result, either they'd have to blend in the new steering position slowly, or snap the car's wheels to the position of the steering wheel before restarting, or some other kludge.

One of ussssssss... :lol

Was just watching that Sim Racing review of Shift. Found it quite interesting they were talking about it as an arcade racer.

Rizob

aaaaa0 said:
If they don't reset the wheel to the position it was at after the rewind, then the wheels on the car won't match the position of the steering wheel, and funky physics would result, either they'd have to blend in the new steering position slowly, or snap the car's wheels to the position of the steering wheel before restarting, or some other kludge.
I don't think it does that though. First, it's a crude copy of the steering motions you did, with the wheel swinging itself to full lock in both directions (i rarely full lock during gameplay), and secondly i'm sure after it's finished rewinding the wheel just re-centres itself. I would rather an option to turn it off as i use the MS wheel on my lap and the wheel has nearly took my jaffas off a few times! :lol

Oli

Sorry if this has already been asked, but; Why is road racing online limited to All Classes? I enjoy road races but when people have the freedom to choose any class they always seem to go for the absolute fastest available, which I have a hard time controlling at my skill level.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Picked up the 360 today, put in Forza 3...

So good. :D

Hard difficulty really is a step up, but now that I've got my Dodge Stealth (best Forza car ever?) again I'm tearing it up. Still in the early stages, I'll get onliine once I get some more levels under my belt and feel a little more confident that I won't plow into people right and left. :lol

Oli

Elfforkusu said:
Picked up the 360 today, put in Forza 3...

So good. :D

Hard difficulty really is a step up, but now that I've got my Dodge Stealth (best Forza car ever?) again I'm tearing it up. Still in the early stages, I'll get onliine once I get some more levels under my belt and feel a little more confident that I won't plow into people right and left. :lol

That's been my mistake. People don't seem to understand that inexperience leads to accidents just as much as evil intentions. The latter are pretty obvious, like when someone plows into you as you brake for a turn. *shifty eyes* >__>

Iknos

chespace said:

FM.net said:
Right now, the obvious thing to note is that A Class Circuit Racing is the most popular hopper. Going forward, we have a plan to update the hoppers often. Once a week will be par for the course, but as we gather more data from community behavior on our servers, we could be implement new hopper changes twice a week. Heck, every day if we needed to -- but you get my point. It's a flexible server-side system we're going to be mining for data and making decisions based on that data.

Just wondering...do you also mine the custom private matches for data? See what modes and classes people are playing most when they are able to customize their experience?

Yoritomo

Had some fun races with Omar and others from GAF.

Good times. The little 1957 ferrari is fast as hell in a straight line (for C class). If anyone could actually afford to buy it you could probably do some nutty things with it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Did some fine tuning to my nearly stock Z06, saved a setup. Then I did a few hot laps with it to test it out. I then tuned it some more, saved the setup and did some more hot laps. Saw a huge improvement. Took it online and won my first match. Fuck I love this game. I also went on the vinyl group store front, searched for Halo, bought a bunch of decals and painted my Z06. So awesome. I'm HOOKED! :D

Yoritomo said:
Had some fun races with Omar and others from GAF.

Good times. The little 1957 ferrari is fast as hell in a straight line (for C class). If anyone could actually afford to buy it you could probably do some nutty things with it.

Ya... sorry for bailing for most of the night, that phone call went WAAAAY longer than I was expecting.

I realize now that if the party host leaves then someone else will just get selected automatically. I probably should've done that. Live and learn. But ya, playing in a private matchup is a lot of fun. And we didn't do any of the exotic modes like cat&mouse etc.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm a Forza/Livery noob and I just realized that all these awesome images are done with the in-game editor. OMG :lol

I really thought there was an image upload feature :eek:

Brakara

Tashi0106 said:
Did some fine tuning to my nearly stock Z06, saved a setup. Then I did a few hot laps with it to test it out. I then tuned it some more, saved the setup and did some more hot laps. Saw a huge improvement. Took it online and won my first match. Fuck I love this game. I also went on the vinyl group store front, searched for Halo, bought a bunch of decals and painted my Z06. So awesome. I'm HOOKED! :D

Did you put the tuning up on the storefront? I'm looking for a good A600 tuning of the Z06 since that's the car I'm currently doing A class races in (with Jube's Captain America design).

Also, the Entrepreneur achievement is kinda glitched. I had to select "Receive Credits" 8-10 times before I got my credits and the achievement.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Brakara said:
Did you put the tuning up on the storefront? I'm looking for a good A600 tuning of the Z06 since that's the car I'm currently doing A class races in (with Jube's Captain America design).

Also, the Entrepreneur achievement is kinda glitched. I had to select "Receive Credits" 8-10 times before I got my credits and the achievement.

No I haven't. It's actually an A599, not that it matters much I guess. BTW, I play with all of the assists off so I don't know how it races with abs and traction control on. With the Stock Z06 you need to be careful cornering requiring you to brake early and lightly to not lock up the wheels and also ease on the gas coming out of a turn. Loss of traction which leads to possible spin outs. So what I did was I turned the brake "sensitivity" or whatever it's called down. This allows me to brake into turns later, brake harder and reduces how often I lock my wheels up. I also adjusted the tire pressure to allow from greater traction where I need it. This helped with my launch at the line as well keeping traction coming out of turns. It really helped. I'll throw it up on the Store front tomorrow if you like. My tag is NYSTOFMIND23

I stuck up 5 copies of my A600 BMW M3-GTR for the max 10k credits, it's no S5 on the straights but master it and that M3 can take corners so fast it's great.

h3ro

p3tran said:
very well done mr gazillionaire 8)

I can't even imagine the amount of Credits him and m0dus have piling up. :lol

Can't wait to get those pre-order cars, I'm holding off picking up the Audi DTM car because I really want the Zune liveried one!

h3ro said:
I can't even imagine the amount of Credits him and m0dus have piling up. :lol

Can't wait to get those pre-order cars, I'm holding off picking up the Audi DTM car because I really want the Zune liveried one!

All I know is everytime I accumulate enough cr. I just go spend them on those two strorefront. BTW, gratz to Jube, he was rank #3 yesterday on leaderboard for design.

Have a great time on-line yesterday, even if it was with some random people... gaf need to start racing league so we can race C & B class cars.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
antiquegamer said:
All I know is everytime I accumulate enough cr. I just go spend them on those two strorefront. BTW, gratz to Jube, he was rank #3 yesterday on leaderboard for design.

I saw this as well. Congrats Jube! I don't know where m0dus is or why he's not up there. I looked at some of the designs of the other top guys and they aren't nearly as impressive as Jube/m0dus. I noticed the storefronts of the top guys contain a lot of simple corporate logos and stuff and I'm sure they get tons of hits. They may do volume but Jube/m0dus are a class above.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Hey GAF, I'm having some problems with this game. I love driving games, but I'm finding this game fucking annoying.

So I'm using the 360 wheel, I come up to a corner and I push the brake pedal, and now I can't turn corners. Like, I get that you can't drift like fucking Outrun, but you need to push on the gas to make your wheels turn, thats not how cars work? You can totally coast around a corner by riding the clutch and using the brake to slow down. I know there's no clutch on the racing wheel, but whatever.

Tell me what the fucks going wrong, because right now I hate this game.

rjcc

McBacon said:
Hey GAF, I'm having some problems with this game. I love driving games, but I'm finding this game fucking annoying.

So I'm using the 360 wheel, I come up to a corner and I push the brake pedal, and now I can't turn corners. Like, I get that you can't drift like fucking Outrun, but you need to push on the gas to make your wheels turn, thats not how cars work? You can totally coast around a corner by riding the clutch and using the brake to slow down. I know there's no clutch on the racing wheel, but whatever.

Tell me what the fucks going wrong, because right now I hate this game.

brake, then turn, then gas
if you're braking AND turning, you're doing it wrong/too late

your tires only have so much grip, make a decision

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
rjcc said:

FM2 had this in the manual, I believe, as well as how to correctly enter and exit corners.

Haven't checked Forza 3's manual, but a shame if they didn't include it.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh my gosh. They weren't joking when they said its for racing sim dudes only.

That's what I do in every other game on the planet! :(

rjcc said:

Also, listen to your tires. If you hear squeeling that means you have little traction. Squeeling is actually a bad sound.

I suggest you put on Auto-brake for now, and then take it off when you're more comfortable with the driving model.

LCfiner

McBacon said:
Oh my gosh. They weren't joking when they said its for racing sim dudes only.

That's what I do in every other game on the planet! :(

brake before the turn, accelerate out of the apex. you get used to it.

turn on autobrake for a race and see how it’s applied in a corner, then do it yourself

Top Bottom