• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

rjcc

AlphaTwo00 said:
Question: Where is the webpage link for the auction house? I thought it exist but it's not too clear where it is.

I don't think it exists just yet. It redirects to the info page.

Brakara

Diablohead said:
So you guys who have my bmw setup, how does it handle for you? I just made a merc black edition handle the same way but with about 10 more mph down straights and testing it out atm.

I did the German Elite Invitational event with it, and I thought it handled really well. It's probably going to be my go-to car for A600 races on the shorter circuits without long straights.

Milpool

hgplayer1 said:
in the first set of turns on that TT theres some curbs on the left that you can cut over without touching the wall but it will give you a !.

I know exactly where you mean but that isn't the problem, the ! never leaves and is there at the dead start of each lap. I just had it happen to me again when doing laps on Le Mans in an FXX, no cars in sight but the ! icon stuck as I crossed the line.

hgplayer1

Milpool said:
I know exactly where you mean but that isn't the problem, the ! never leaves and is there at the dead start of each lap. I just had it happen to me again when doing laps on Le Mans in an FXX, no cars in sight but the ! icon stuck as I crossed the line.

just an idea here but..... maybe it sticks if all laps after it comes on are better laps than the one where it came on?

in other words if you cross the finish line and the ! is still on, you might have to purposely have a slow lap so it wont be on the next lap?

Brakara

Milpool said:

From the FAQ:

• Using the rewind feature
  • Your lap has penalty time from driving off-track and/or any collisions
  • The last section of your previous lap has penalty time
  • You drafted another opponent

Robin

Brakara said:
From the FAQ:

• Using the rewind feature
  • Your lap has penalty time from driving off-track and/or any collisions
  • The last section of your previous lap has penalty time
  • You drafted another opponent
That bolded part has been my problem. I thought that I was taking care on the following lap to get rid of it, but clearly I wasn't. I'm always messing up on the exit of the second last corner of Laguna Seca.

Oli said:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but; Why is road racing online limited to All Classes? I enjoy road races but when people have the freedom to choose any class they always seem to go for the absolute fastest available, which I have a hard time controlling at my skill level.

Yeah it is strange that they didnt let us filter on classes straight out the box. Before my xbox died I couldnt find one road race where people were using class A-F cars. Every time I searched for a race it found R1, R2 and R3 so I never played as I dont like driving them cars.

Hopefully by the time I get a new 360 Turn 10 will have added a car class filter.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Meh, the Ferrari Testa - Rossa I don't care for, it's not even the car's official name; why would Ferrari allow Forza 3 to call it like that I honestly don't know.

I wanted the Testarossa (possibily the 512M).

Any chance it'll be in future DLC?

Has it already been discussed?

This is the one I want btw:

800px-Ferrari_512_M.jpg

KHarvey16

cjelly said:
Could somebody post the list of gift cars obtained at each level, please?

1. 2010 Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse
2. 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent
3. 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco GT
4. 2003 Renault Sport Clio V6
5. 2009 Ford Focus RS
6. 2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
7. 2007 Shelby GT500
8. 2008 Maserati GranTurismo
9. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
10. 2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240
11. 2009 BMW Motorsport M5 E60
12. 2009 Lexus IS F
13. 2007 SEAT Leon Supercup
14. 2005 Honda NSX-R GT
15. 2009 Ferrari California
16. 2009 Jaguar XKR-S
17. 2002 BMW Motorsport M3-GTR
18. 2007 Peugeot Super 2000
19. 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
20. 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
21. 2005 Ford GT
22. 2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
23. 2005 TVR Sagaris
24. 2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
25. 2008 Lamborghini Reventon
26. 2002 MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
27. 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
28. 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
29. 2008 Dodge Viper SRT 10 ACR
30. 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
31. 2008 Holden #2 Toll Holden Racing Team
32. 2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F430GT
33. 2008 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
34. 2009 BMW #92 Rahal-Letterman Racing M3 GT2
35. 2005 Ferrari FXX
36. 2007 Chevrolet #4 Corvette C6.R
37. 2008 Nissan #23 XANAVI NISMO GT-R
38. 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
39. 2008 Lexus #6 Eneos 5C430
40. 2008 Koenigsegg CCGT
41. 1997 McLaren #43 F1 GTR
42. 2005 Maserati #15 JMB Racing MC12
43. 1998 Porsche #26 AG 911 GT1-98
44. 2003 Saleen #2 Konrad Motorsports S7R
45. 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
46. 2009 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86
47. 2006 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R8
48. 2009 Acura #66 de Ferran Motorsports ARX-02a
49. 2006 Audi #8 Audi Sport Team Joest R10 Tdi
50. 2009 Peugeot #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908

Source.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Thanks, just wanted to check if I need to buy a
McLaren
and
Pagani
, or if they would be gifted.

Also, anyone remember someone was saying how at random parts of Laguna Seca it sounds like you are going over the curb, but are in the middle of the track? Well, I took photos of the exact locations of where 2 of them are, don't think I have experienced it anywhere else.

Here are the spots to hear your car on the curb, when it's in the middle of the road. Be great if it'd get fixed, cos now I know exactly where they are, I go over the areas every single lap. :lol

4065671259_46714b2677.jpg

4065671109_6f2a1f7618.jpg

TofuEater

kobashi100 said:
Yeah it is strange that they didnt let us filter on classes straight out the box. Before my xbox died I couldnt find one road race where people were using class A-F cars. Every time I searched for a race it found R1, R2 and R3 so I never played as I dont like driving them cars.

Hopefully by the time I get a new 360 Turn 10 will have added a car class filter.

They do have a filter, class restrictions etc. Its up to the host to restrict them.
I've had some A only races.

For people who did not install disc1, does your engine note get stuck when the game changes to the next song for like 1 or 2 seconds?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i am so in love with this game! the amalfi point to point stages with a suped up evo class B is AMAZING. please turn 10, more long tracks, point to point stuff for DLC. especially point to point with narrow roads!

couple of issues i am having with the game that i'd like to ask about...

- is anyone else having issues uploading movies to forza.net? every clip i try to upload the game tells me something along the lines of "your clip was NOT uploaded". i dont have a clue what the issue is, so frustrating.

- is there any way to watch saved movies from the xbox? i saved a number of clips, of which i cant upload (see above), and i would like to check out the final product, but i cant figure out how to play them. is it possible?

- can you put movie clips on the storefront, or just full replays?

- any official word on the sound issues? as well as the "pop" noise that i see mentioned here from time to time, i get sounds occasionally not in sync with the game. sometimes its in the pre-race countdown (where yoy hear the wheel squeak a second or so after the car has stopped), but more recently i'm getting it mid race where the tranny has switched gears but i still hear the higher gear engine rev for a split second in a lower gear or when sliding around a corner on cobblestone to asphalt where the sound is also clearly lagging...

op_ivy

i have played for over 10 hours of racing and have yet to even see road america, road atlanta, or leguna seca. weird. also, no, full Montserrat.

Iknos

op_ivy said:
i have played for over 10 hours of racing and have yet to even see road america, road atlanta, or leguna seca. weird. also, no, full Montserrat.

I'm at level 16 or so and I have experienced Road America and Road Atlanta but no LS and no full Montserrat. For the most part I've been using the same car with upgrades though and haven't chosen the "experience new tracks" option given to you when you select your next event.

BlinkGT

Level 50 reached. \o/

Now, i'll play online when Turn10 will improve this fucking Matchmaking System (i so far prefer the FM2 one) and when they'll add online statistics (wins, races, trueskill leaderboards...).

Actually, when you are not enough to play in private races, online is shit.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Racing the S Class World Champs with a Veyron is an odd experience. It feels like I'm trying to turn a boat around corners. It is bliss on the straights, of course.

De-restricted GT1 cars without some extra tuning almost require TCS to be turned on. The DBR9 was enough of a handful already, but the extra power makes it want to brutally punish even slightly overzealous use of the throttle. Rampant wheelspin though the first several gears if you're not careful. What great fun. :D

Chrange

Banned
hgplayer1 said:

I captured the whole thing but she made me delete it. She said if it appeared on YouTube I'd pay for it and I wasn't entirely sure what she meant but it didn't sound good.

skyfinch

Haven't raced any of the endurance events yet, but just looking at them makes me nervous. Thank god no Test track endurance.

15 hours of game play, 18% done. :lol I'll be at this thing until Forza 4.

op_ivy

Naughtboy said:
Amalfi point to point stages are AMAZING!!!!!! Like it better than the Mountain one, it looks wonderful

agreed. nailing a multiturn awd drift around seaside narrow corners, catching crazy, off-center air, and managing grip over various surfaces just cant be beat. forza 3 was great, but amalfi/positano alone makes it stellar. moar plez

op_ivy said:
i am so in love with this game! the amalfi point to point stages with a suped up evo class B is AMAZING. please turn 10, more long tracks, point to point stuff for DLC. especially point to point with narrow roads!

Came in here to post this. I love the amalfi and the other point to point stage(one with the waterfall). So much fun. :D

op_ivy

anyone else get a weird graphical glitch with the reventon's instrument panel when xbox live friend sign ons pop up?

BlinkGT

user_nat said:
Which season were you in? Or were you using event list?
Almost at the end of the fifth season (two races left). I did not use event list once.

cjelly said:
According to his achievements, he was in Year 5.

I'm in Year 5 and just abouts to hit level 41.
You're right :)

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Spaceman Spiff said:
De-restricted GT1 cars without some extra tuning almost require TCS to be turned on. The DBR9 was enough of a handful already, but the extra power makes it want to brutally punish even slightly overzealous use of the throttle. Rampant wheelspin though the first several gears if you're not careful. What great fun. :D

Driving the CCGT felt like I was playing Forza Winter Olympics. There was much throttle feathering all around Catalunya.

duderon said:
Driving the CCGT felt like I was playing Forza Winter Olympics. There was much throttle feathering all around Catalunya.

That thing is a beast. I used it for the R2 speedway challenges and even on ovals you have to make sure you don't give it too much gas through the "turns".

Just finished the R2 world championship race at Silverstone with the DBR9-- I tried to stay hardcore and keep TCS off, but the amount of throttle modulation required over 10 laps was too much so on came the assist. The little indicator light was flashing through almost all the corners. My right trigger finger didn't envy the CPU's job. :lol

Jube3

Is there a way to organize the items are displayed to people on your storefront. I wanna add some more cars but I want to keep certain cars on the first page of my design storefront.

It's weird playing some of the track variations on Forza 2 tracks after playing that game so much. There's some turns now that my muscle memory just isn't prepared for.

op_ivy

op_ivy said:
- is anyone else having issues uploading movies to forza.net? every clip i try to upload the game tells me something along the lines of "your clip was NOT uploaded". i dont have a clue what the issue is, so frustrating.

no one?

If the GT500 GT-R isn't the best-handling car in the game, it's got to be damn close. The speeds this thing can carry through the corners and the smoothness with which it just glides through them is something else. On Suzuka, it's just sublime.

Can't see out for shit in it's cockpit view though.

TofuEater

Spaceman Spiff said:
If the GT500 GT-R isn't the best-handling car in the game, it's got to be damn close. The speeds this thing can carry through the corners and the smoothness with which it just glides through them is something else. On Suzuka, it's just sublime.

Can't see out for shit in it's cockpit view though.

Well it is a race car and all.

Try the stock NSX-RGT or Porsche GT2 (even the viper ACR weirdly) for road cars that handle like they are on rails.

TTG

I'm finally at the point where I've squirreled away just a bit over half a million credits... what do I buy? I get cars so often from leveling up, I've yet to drive some of them at all, but still I want something cool. So far I've only bought 4: Z06, E30 m3, Diablo SV and a Lotus Elan.

So what's an awesome, expensive car I should buy? Probably would like something I can use for a longer tournament thing.

NeoGIF

Naughtboy said:
Amalfi point to point stages are AMAZING!!!!!! Like it better than the Mountain one, it looks wonderful

I just played on it for the first time tonight, and I can definitely agree. Even looking at the water is breathtaking. :D

TofuEater

TTG said:
I'm finally at the point where I've squirreled away just a bit over half a million credits... what do I buy? I get cars so often from leveling up, I've yet to drive some of them at all, but still I want something cool. So far I've only bought 4: Z06, E30 m3, Diablo SV and a Lotus Elan.

So what's an awesome, expensive car I should buy? Probably would like something I can use for a longer tournament thing.

Audi S5, tune it to A600, for a car that is near broken :lol

TTG

TofuEater said:
Try the stock NSX-RGT or Porsche GT2 (even the viper ACR weirdly) for road cars that handle like they are on rails.

The GT2 may be the fastest A class car I have... and it's stock. You don't even notice how fast it is because it's so non threatening(weird with a rear engine, rwd 500+hp car right?) The ONLY slight gripe is that it locks up under breaking a little too early but that may be due to the stock tires I've kept.

Yoritomo

TofuEater said:
Audi S5, tune it to A600, for a car that is near broken :lol

The pi system is wonky, specifically with regards to AWD cars and AWD swaps. I hope they patch it.

Take a nissan Z and get it to A600 with the weight reduction that gets you to 3050 pounds or so. Now swap out to AWD and get the next weight reduction up. BAM, now you're at 2950 pounds or so still A600, AWD, and the same horsepower.

I refuse to run AWD cars, that leaderboard and pi crap really bugs me.

hgplayer1

So im looking around at the time trials leaderboards and on Benchmark Ring there are two Veyrons at the top spots but they are R2860 and R3800 class respectively. Everyone else is in the S700 class car.

Top Bottom