• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

ecnal

TofuEater said:
Audi S5, tune it to A600, for a car that is near broken :lol

ya... there is something strange with that car.

after getting destroyed by a couple of them in multiplayer i checked the leader boards and, what do you know, nearly all the top A-class times are dominated by A600 S5's.

so i looked into it and you can swap in the v10 from the R8, full weight reduction, fully upgraded suspension components, minor upgrades in the transmission department, and then you can choose between tire size/compound upgrades or engine upgrades and it all fits in around A600.

it's weird because it benchmarks similarly to my other A600 cars (my z06, e90 m3, and 997 GT2 are modded to A600), but on the track it's pretty obvious that the S5 is leaps and bounds better (suffice a few specific categories. e.g., 997 has ridiculous braking).

rjcc

It's got so much traction, it just runs away from anything else. Straight from the line while all the rwd a-class cars are spinning their wheels, and then you can just stay on the gas through the turns even more than the R8's.

AWD is definitely not being properly accounted for in PI

amar212

Stupid question, I'm sorry in advance:

So, there is NO WAY I can search other people Private Lobbies in order to find some Lobby that have races tailored to my taste?

Or?

rjcc

op_ivy said:
i am so in love with this game! the amalfi point to point stages with a suped up evo class B is AMAZING. please turn 10, more long tracks, point to point stuff for DLC. especially point to point with narrow roads!

couple of issues i am having with the game that i'd like to ask about...

- is anyone else having issues uploading movies to forza.net? every clip i try to upload the game tells me something along the lines of "your clip was NOT uploaded". i dont have a clue what the issue is, so frustrating.

- is there any way to watch saved movies from the xbox? i saved a number of clips, of which i cant upload (see above), and i would like to check out the final product, but i cant figure out how to play them. is it possible?

- can you put movie clips on the storefront, or just full replays?

- any official word on the sound issues? as well as the "pop" noise that i see mentioned here from time to time, i get sounds occasionally not in sync with the game. sometimes its in the pre-race countdown (where yoy hear the wheel squeak a second or so after the car has stopped), but more recently i'm getting it mid race where the tranny has switched gears but i still hear the higher gear engine rev for a split second in a lower gear or when sliding around a corner on cobblestone to asphalt where the sound is also clearly lagging...

finally got one to upload just now. dunno if it's the change in scenery/cars but it looks slightly better than my previous ones (still the odd artifacts though) i'll have it on youtube in a minute. waited all day to find out it didn't include the last pass i wanted to get in it though. - waiting on youtube to finish processing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FO-0VW5f74

Zel3

So I just got the game today got to level 6 and decided to check out the cars in quick play. I was browsing the Porsche section WHEN OMG I SAW THE Porsche 911 GT1!!!!! :D Being the huge PGR2 fan that I am I took it around the ring once and had a huge grin on my face the entire time. ILL AFFORD YOU ONE OF THESE DAYS... ONLY 1,1MILLION CREDITS TO GO.

:D :D :D :D So glad I didn't read the car list. I do have one question though, does the Ferrari 250 come with the coupon I got? I hope it's not only for CE owners. :(

TTG

The further I get into this game the less sense the tuning starts to make. A TVR Sargaris with an untouched engine is incredibly tail happy anywhere past half throttle. You might as well forget about running it on slow tracks. A 900hp(nascar engine) and otherwise bone stock Camaro is overpowered but managble enough to stay ahead of the Z06s and Vipers of the world while having the same A class rating, I haven't spun it once yet. The TVR has about half the horsepower and was specifically upgraded for handling.... :lol The only somewhat sane reason for this is that the heavier a car is in Forza 3 the calmer it seems to be under throttle. But then again, the GT2 drives like a tank and barely weighs 3000lbs stock so who knows.

amar212

TTG said:
The further I get into this game the less sense the tuning starts to make. A TVR Sargaris with an untouched engine is incredibly tail happy anywhere past half throttle. You might as well forget about running it on slow tracks. ....

And that is where the 2-way Differential (LSD) comes to play.

It is the most underrated tune-part, still one of the most important for RWD cars. Especially if you run no-assists, which I presume you are, for the benefit of your mental health.

BTW Can anyone please answer my question above, thans in advance.

p3tran

Banned
Jube3 said:
Is there a way to organize the items are displayed to people on your storefront. I wanna add some more cars but I want to keep certain cars on the first page of my design storefront.

I think it works like LIFO system.. last in, first out.

adding a couple of fields in the database would allow for user setting the preference number and other things, but right now it doesnt seem to offer such conveniences..

p.s.
amar, not yet, I hope this gets upgraded in the near future.

rjcc

TTG said:
The further I get into this game the less sense the tuning starts to make. A TVR Sargaris with an untouched engine is incredibly tail happy anywhere past half throttle. You might as well forget about running it on slow tracks. A 900hp(nascar engine) and otherwise bone stock Camaro is overpowered but managble enough to stay ahead of the Z06s and Vipers of the world while having the same A class rating, I haven't spun it once yet. The TVR has about half the horsepower and was specifically upgraded for handling.... :lol The only somewhat sane reason for this is that the heavier a car is in Forza 3 the calmer it seems to be under throttle. But then again, the GT2 drives like a tank and barely weighs 3000lbs stock so who knows.

check my storefront for one sagaris tune that pretty much takes care of that. I turned the differential way down, from 75 default on both to I think 55 on accel and 15 on decel and it handles much better. I can get the numbers if you want.

amar - nope, no way.

also - BIG THANKS to those who explained the "load setting" to me. It works exactly how I wanted, I cna have different setups for different classes all in the same car very easily. I just didn't expect it under that menu. now, if only there weren't only one king vehicle in a-class :(

Brakara

op_ivy said:
i have played for over 10 hours of racing and have yet to even see road america, road atlanta, or leguna seca. weird. also, no, full Montserrat.

I got the "all tracks" achievement at the end of Season 4 (last one was Road America).

Iknos

amar212 said:
Stupid question, I'm sorry in advance:

So, there is NO WAY I can search other people Private Lobbies in order to find some Lobby that have races tailored to my taste?

Or?

Already been answered with "no" but I have to say that multiplayer was one area that I thought FM3 would have been at least as good as FM2 if not better.

Having just recently taken a look at the online modes and options I feel that they dropped the ball in this area.

Limited hoppers are one thing...not having B-F classes on the Circuit hoppers was one of the craziest things I could ever fathom happening. Whoever thought of that was probably drunk at the time. :lol

Not being able to search custom lobbies are another...especially when Cat & Mouse/Tag modes aren't part of any hoppers. How is a person supposed to enjoy these modes?

These hopper issues will be fixed but the lack of a custom lobby search was very shortsighted. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I saw the level of customization allowed and I would have valued having a search ability. This likely will never be addressed in a patch.

This and unfortunately System Link/LAN play will probably won't be stuff high on T10's priority list I fear. When I think they should be very high.

In my eyes those things are as disappointing as how I'm disappointed that non-serious race modes were added at the expense of more serious race modes. Cat & Mouse and Tag might be great diversions but I'd rather that more relevant MP features like qualifying trials and better elimination modes be added instead.

I get the impression that T10 focused too much on "hoppers" and not innovating in this area.

I was expecting T10 to take their very competent online MP from FM3 and then just add more features that make it more worthwhile.

Qualifying would not only be more realistic but would also make races better. How? Well how many times are we seeing people online mess up on particular corners if not the first when they hop into a new car? Qualifying would allow players to get a handle of the car on the track. When it comes to the race itself people will drive better and it lends itself to a more competitive race. Not saying this should be mandatory but it should at least be an option for those who want a more authentic experience.

And it's not like that is unfeasible. It's like running a race with collisions off and with the opponents no longer being visible. No need for F1 level of rules here. Allow the host to set the max number of laps and when it's done report the results and start the real race with racers in the correct order. No extra loading involved. Even if the qualifying lap was just one lap with a rolling start it would have been an incredible addition to MP.

A "track day" feature could have made a great lobby. Friends can jump in and do laps while the host sets up what sort of race comes next. If you are waiting on people then you can just zip around the track rather than sit in a lobby. Che said that "hoppers are the future" and I'm not saying he's wrong but I think that this sort of interactive lobby is the future.

The elimination mode had potential. If elimination was based on time or distance behind the leader or the guy currently in 2nd last rather than simply knocking off the last guy in a race at each start/end it would be much more exciting. A race like that could last minutes or a half hour or more depending on the skills of the participants. It would be more like a street race. This is the bread and butter of some arcade games...who's to say that it won't be popular in Forza? It's still racing. Moreso than Cat & Mouse. I figured that this would have been possible but after looking at the options myself it doesn't seem to be. Could have been brilliant.

The lack of a rolling start option...not a deal breaker for me personally but the lack of it does show that maybe this multiplayer component was rushed. It's not in the single player either which is ironic because the whole standing start aspect of the game has suffered.

The lack of system link means that I won't be playing much multiplayer. The features I mentioned above like a better elimination mode and qualifying trials aren't deal breakers for me but they were the sorts of things that I was expecting to be built upon a pretty solid base that we saw in FM2. I don't think any of us expected this game to regress in this area.

This is from someone's sig on FM.net and it's just so apt for this discussion:
YoChe.jpg

op_ivy said:
i have played for over 10 hours of racing and have yet to even see road america, road atlanta, or leguna seca. weird. also, no, full Montserrat.
I been playing online more then I have been doing the main carrear so i'm yet to play on a few tracks I think, only been on nurb once in a R1 and that huge rally like course...

Yoritomo said:
The pi system is wonky, specifically with regards to AWD cars and AWD swaps. I hope they patch it.

Take a nissan Z and get it to A600 with the weight reduction that gets you to 3050 pounds or so. Now swap out to AWD and get the next weight reduction up. BAM, now you're at 2950 pounds or so still A600, AWD, and the same horsepower.

I refuse to run AWD cars, that leaderboard and pi crap really bugs me.
I spent a lot of time yesterday playing around with AWD on both a merc black and Lamboghini, the PI system for AWD is very wonkey but I found that in half the tracks I ran in A class online, RWD actually benefits as you can turn better due to the front wheels not making you understeer at speed, plus on the merc black at least the AWD swap made the car too heavy to turn well.

The S5 though is just near damn broken, doesn't help that some tracks also have areas where you can cut a corner fairly easily in an 4 wheeled powered car.

The whole car balance still seems to be up in the air, watch in a day or two another dominant car setup will appear which will be good but no S5.

Saiyu

Iknos said:
Already been answered with "no" but I have to say that multiplayer was one area that I thought FM3 would have been at least as good as FM2 if not better....

Sad thing is you can see it's going to end up a Leaderboard car fest since there are no hosts anymore. With AWD being too powerful a lot of cars will be redundant online.

Gynoug79

we did some testing for a rally cup on WLR yesterday night ! The competitions layout was set to be like a real rally cup: Roll out start with delay set to 20 sec. for each car and end condition set to best time wins ! But we encountered somethink which broke that more or less for us: On the point to point stages the "race time" and the "lap-time" are the same !
your laptime will not start once you cross the start line but at the moment the race starts.
so people starting from the back of the grid with a 1min delay allready have 1 min on the clock... so whoever starts first is likely to win the race unless someone puts a certified lap in.... which is a bit annoying as well !
i think the un/certified system is great for the leaderboards but is annoying when you do a qualifing for example in a privat lobby for a league race ! or on a rally stage lets say on full fujimi ( lap times are normal because its not a point to point race ) people can take their time and do a 15 min time and in case nobody else manages a certified lap, even if they do half the time , the 15min time will win..

i hope both of these issues are fixable or that someone explains how this is meant to work..

acm2000

Gynoug79 said:
we did some testing for a rally cup on WLR yesterday night ! The competitions layout was set to be like a real rally cup: Roll out start with delay set to 20 sec. for each car and end condition set to best time wins ! But we encountered somethink which broke that more or less for us: On the point to point stages the "race time" and the "lap-time" are the same !
your laptime will not start once you cross the start line but at the moment the race starts.
so people starting from the back of the grid with a 1min delay allready have 1 min on the clock... so whoever starts first is likely to win the race unless someone puts a certified lap in.... which is a bit annoying as well !
i think the un/certified system is great for the leaderboards but is annoying when you do a qualifing for example in a privat lobby for a league race ! or on a rally stage lets say on full fujimi ( lap times are normal because its not a point to point race ) people can take their time and do a 15 min time and in case nobody else manages a certified lap, even if they do half the time , the 15min time will win..

i hope both of these issues are fixable or that someone explains how this is meant to work..

well, just take 20 seconds off each time except the first person, then you know who won, i think the delayed start is for racing different classes or experienced drivers (i gave my friend a 10 second head start and beat him by 6 seconds :lol )

p3tran

Banned
its a bit strange, from perfect online to ...new stuff online.

hopefully it will be reprofiled and I wont end up preferring "another game" due to online features :lol

phil_t

Banned
Diablohead said:
I spent a lot of time yesterday playing around with AWD on both a merc black and Lamboghini, the PI system for AWD is very wonkey but I found that in half the tracks I ran in A class online, RWD actually benefits as you can turn better due to the front wheels not making you understeer at speed, plus on the merc black at least the AWD swap made the car too heavy to turn well.

The S5 though is just near damn broken, doesn't help that some tracks also have areas where you can cut a corner fairly easily in an 4 wheeled powered car.

The whole car balance still seems to be up in the air, watch in a day or two another dominant car setup will appear which will be good but no S5.

For the same PI, you would expect the RWD to have the advantage on most 'fast' tracks where traction isn't the limiting factor but grip and turn-in.. AWD is going to benefit you when you have traction limited 'tight' tracks..

Unless I'm missing something, I think you are describing what would be expected in the real world?

Regarding leaderboards, as with real life, you will get one car that suits a particular track in any class, and that has to be expected, unless they make all cars handle the same, I can't see how this won't be the case.

I haven't driven the S5 to see if it's really broken as you say, but what makes you think it should perform better, it's not that great in real life, the equivalent RWD BMW is quicker around a track for example..?

I would love to be able to bet on online races with in game credits. Stats could be used to determine odds and we could watch races as they happen.

rjcc

phil_t said:
I haven't driven the S5 to see if it's really broken as you say, but what makes you think it should perform better, it's not that great in real life, the equivalent RWD BMW is quicker around a track for example..?

But these aren't stock cars. The point is you can apply heavy modifications to AWD cars and they don't move up classes, yet maintain advantages in launch and turning. So "real life equivalent" has no bearing, since the PI isn't a real life thing.

p3tran said:
its a bit strange, from perfect online to ...new stuff online.

hopefully it will be reprofiled and I wont end up preferring "another game" due to online features :lol
F2 online was not perfect though, host had too much power to kick a winning player, would launch a game with only 2-3 people in a room, wait too long and people quit.

I quite like the automated timer for forza 3 hoppers right now, the vote system should be looked at because people can still easily vote out good players if a few low ranking players enter your room and see that you have 27+ trueskill, you sometimes get voted out. What I would like to see is the winner from the previous race is immune to a kick, because 99% of the time the winner probably did well to earn it while everyone else spins out or something.

phil_t said:
The problem IMO is that the PI system works too much in favour for all wheel drive cars, I would say giving the awd class a slightly more harsh PI would solve half the problems, but then it might also raise another.

Gynoug79

acm2000 said:
well, just take 20 seconds off each time except the first person

yeah of course thats an easy work araound if you do a single race ! but imagine 4 point to point races with a full lap afterwards... and you want perhaps the grid set to reverse finishing order.you also have to consider that the last one on the grid allways has more road to pick up speed before he crosses the line or on point to point has more distance to travel...
for me the delayed roll out mode is clearly intented for qualifiying! you can give your friend a headstart easliy by starting simply 20 seconds later...
so i have the feeling the feature is not quite thought through, this would give a great (street) rally feature if just the laptimes on point to point would be handled like everywhere else !

phil_t

Banned
rjcc said:
But these aren't stock cars. The point is you can apply heavy modifications to AWD cars and they don't move up classes, yet maintain advantages in launch and turning. So "real life equivalent" has no bearing, since the PI isn't a real life thing.

I may be missing the point here, what exactly is the 'beef', Diablohead sounded surprised that a RWD car was better in the corners on some tracks, which is exactly what you would expect..

An AWD car (tuned or not) will tend to power understeer as the fronts will pull the car straight under power on longer/faster corners and an RWD would have the advantage (It's grip that is the limiting factor, not traction) however on very tight corners where it's traction that is the major limiting factor, AWD has the advantage...

I would expect that tuning an AWD would leave it advantaged in launching, but as much as it gets advantaged in launching, you'd then expect it to understeer at any medium-fast corner, negating it's usefulness on most tracks...

Yoritomo

rjcc said:

They just need to put in the same limitations to AWD cars that they have in real life. Full throttle launches randomly make your tranny explode.

Yoritomo

phil_t said:
I may be missing the point here, what exactly is the 'beef', Diablohead sounded surprised that a RWD car was better in the corners on some tracks, which is exactly what you would expect..

An AWD car (tuned or not) will tend to power understeer as the fronts will pull the car straight under power on longer/faster corners and an RWD would have the advantage (It's grip that is the limiting factor, not traction) however on very tight corners where it's traction that is the major limiting factor, AWD has the advantage...

I would expect that tuning an AWD would leave it advantaged in launching, but as much as it gets advantaged in launching, you'd then expect it to understeer at any medium-fast corner, negating it's usefulness on most tracks...

You make a valid point if a 3000 pound RWD car had the same PI as a 3300 pound AWD but it doesn't. Based on my observations with the Z a 3000 pound RWD car has the same PI as a 2900 pound AWD car.

Buy a race diff. Set it to 70% + rear bias. You can tune out the understeer and tune for a much more neutral car with some more advanced suspension tuning. There is no downside to AWD in this game.

TofuEater said:
They do have a filter, class restrictions etc. Its up to the host to restrict them.
I've had some A only races.

For people who did not install disc1, does your engine note get stuck when the game changes to the next song for like 1 or 2 seconds?

Yeah I know that dude. I meant we cant search for a certain class like in Forza 2. It would be much easier that way as at the moment it is pure pot luck when searching for a lobby.

p3tran

Banned
Diablohead said:
F2 online was not perfect though, host had too much power to kick a winning player, would launch a game with only 2-3 people in a room, wait too long and people quit.
you could always host your own game.

anyway, later on today I will be going for some online racing to check whats up.

having reached level 50 since quite some time, the career event list is still at something like 30% for me. plus I haven't started hotlaping at all yet.

so there's lots of stuff for me to do until I start needing the online races.
plenty of time to reprofile and offer the best possible online racing experience, too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm planning on starting a Forza 3 event for the community I run, and I'm having some trouble finding this out for sure in-game, perhaps someone can shed some light on this.

The idea is to have a Hot Lap contest, to see who can get the best lap on a track with a SPECIFIC car. So for instance, say they must do it in a Scion XD. Do the stats track deep enough online that we can see what someone's best hot lap is, in a particular car? If so, then this event can happen. I wouldn't have asked, I'd just dig around in-game if I wasn't at work, but maybe some of you know the answer.

Gynoug79

as far as i know no, you`ll only see the fastest time one set in each class ! there is not even a local leaderboard anymore !

phil_t said:
I wasn't giving beef, just saying that from all my playing around that RWD still beats AWD on tracks in forza 3, I been using my rear powered BMW M3 since day 1 and win a fair bit unless a super long straight is in the track, that's where those silly S5's win me over.

And I do understand the physical limits of different car terrains.

p3tran said:
you could always host your own game.
I seen that awnser so many times, "host your own game".

This might have worked for a while when the game was super busy and new but a lot of the time people join rooms with people already in them, so you are sat there like a lemon because no one wants to race the class or track you wanted. I prefer a hopper over the classic lobby rooms any day.

p3tran

Banned
Diablohead said:
I seen that awnser so many times, "host your own game".

This might have worked for a while when the game was super busy and new but a lot of the time people join rooms with people already in them, so you are sat there like a lemon because no one wants to race the class or track you wanted. I prefer a hopper over the classic lobby rooms any day.
let me clarify that you will be VERY hard pressed to find another person that likes the forza franchise as much as I do.

that being said, I will hop online after I return home, and see whats been done.
if I wont like what I'll see, you'll read about it.
after all, when something new is done, that doesn't automatically mean that its better than the previous solution, especially if you plan on *deleting* the previous solution entirely.

also, anybody knows if there are championships running all the time like in Forza2?
if not, will there be?

BlinkGT

Me and my friends spent a loooooot of time in FM2 multiplayer. But we are all disappointed by this fucking matchmaking, and a lot of people agree with that. Seriously, Turn10 have to do something if they dont want to see their game dying.

You're alone or with one or two friend only, you HAVE TO play online in A-class or higher. You CAN'T choose the number of laps. You HAVE TO play with collisions. You CAN'T change restrictions. You HAVE TO leave the current party if you want to change the class. Etc...

FM2 was a successful game, a reference. Online was not perfect, but much better than the FM3 one. And they changed that. We don't understand.

And still no word about online statistics and trueskill leaderboards. It must be a joke, an Halloween's fool or something.

qirex99

Banned
TofuEater said:
Well it is a race car and all.

Try the stock NSX-RGT or Porsche GT2 (even the viper ACR weirdly) for road cars that handle like they are on rails.

Im a huge Porsche Fan, BUT I have to admit that the R8 5.2 blows the GT2 away!

Good lord, the F class events are torture. I drive at 60mph in real life, I do not want to spend several races in a video game doing the same. -_- Especially now that I'm up with the A/S class events and have the to compare to.

I've just finished my third season now and I'm at level 29 - quite good progress, me thinks. My addiction is growing by the day. :D

ShapeGSX

Foliorum Viridum said:
Good lord, the F class events are torture. I drive at 60mph in real life, I do not want to spend several races in a video game doing the same. -_- Especially now that I'm up with the A/S class events and have the to compare to.

I've just finished my third season now and I'm at level 29 - quite good progress, me thinks. My addiction is growing by the day. :D

Actually, the F-class Fujimi Kaido point to point races were an absolute blast in the Trueno GT Apex . There wasn't a corner where the back end wasn't hanging out. :D

skyfinch

Foliorum Viridum said:

No doubt. It's the only time I put music on while "racing" because it's so slow and boring. Trying my best to get all these F class events finished and out of the way.

ShapeGSX said:
Actually, the F-class Fujimi Kaido point to point races were an absolute blast in the Trueno GT Apex . There wasn't a corner where the back end wasn't hanging out. :D
That's the event I was talking about! The one saving grace was the fact that track is so, so damn beautiful.

I'd just prefer it if the game was C class and upwards and we had a few more tracks or something.

ShapeGSX

Foliorum Viridum said:
That's the event I was talking about! The one saving grace was the fact that track is so, so damn beautiful.

I'd just prefer it if the game was C class and upwards and we had a few more tracks or something.

Wow, seriously? Those downhill sections were awesome. I think the amount of fun could heavily depend upon the car you choose, though. That Trueno is an awesome drifter.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I suck at drifting. Don't think I will ever get the damn achievement.

Highest I've got is 50,000. It's annoying, because when I play drifting online, I can get 25,000 easy in one point-to-point race. I should be able to get 100,000 easy!

Foliorum Viridum said:

I'm in the midst of the Yaris S Trophy series, and I have to agree. It would be one thing if they kept the races on small, twisty circuits, but so far I've been to New York (w/o chicanes), Sunset Peninsula (full), and Road Atlanta (full)-- all very fast tracks best suited for fairly high-powered cars. In a Yaris, which seems to take half a damn lap to get up to any kind of speed, it's the very definition of tedium.

Still loving the game though, even if the track selections for particular cars aren't always the best.

Got to level 45 last night about halfway through season 5, and received an LMP2 Porsche RS Spyder. :D

ShapeGSX said:
Wow, seriously? Those downhill sections were awesome. I think the amount of fun could heavily depend upon the car you choose, though. That Trueno is an awesome drifter.
I just bought the most powerful car in the class. -_-

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I wish that if someone is arriving at a corner a speed well above normal their car model would turn off. For example, if it's an A class race maximum corner speeds should be easy to calculate. If a driver is coming into the corner 25% above the maximum threshold then they'd automatically just get turned off as if they were going backwards.

I was heading into the last corner on the last lap at Laguna. I was 4th and the 5th place guy was about 10 car lengths behind me. I take the corner properly and BAM the 5th place guy just torpedos into me, bounces of me, and takes 4th place. Up to that point he was driving properly. It was a desperate, intentional act.

Yoritomo

RSTEIN said:
I wish that if someone is arriving at a corner a speed well above normal their car model would turn off. For example, if it's an A class race maximum corner speeds should be easy to calculate. If a driver is coming into the corner 25% above the maximum threshold then they'd automatically just get turned off as if they were going backwards.

I was heading into the last corner on the last lap at Laguna. I was 4th and the 5th place guy was about 10 car lengths behind me. I take the corner properly and BAM the 5th place guy just torpedos into me, bounces of me, and takes 4th place. Up to that point he was driving properly. It was a desperate, intentional act.

I think most people are clean racers until it's the last lap. :lol

Flo_Evans

It seems to me that the problem with online racing (with strangers) is that there are no race officials to speak of. In a real race That person would be black flagged, penalized on the next race, given a drive through penalty, fined, ect.

I guess it would be pretty hard for the game to determine who is at fault in all but blatantly obvious incidents but it would be nice if someone would at least attempt some sort of race officiating in sim racers.

Lassic

Neo Member
I love Forza 3 (and have 1 & 2), but is there any way to do replays in split screen races? My brother and I always like to watch the replay after our races together (same with any other driving game) and it just kills this mode for us without it (same with forza 2). I know most people only care about online races but there are still some people who play against people in the same house and it would be nice to have replays in split screen mode. Very disappointed. Other than that no major complaints.

Top Bottom