• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3

AMUSIX said:
I didn't get my pre-order cars.....guess distributor invoices don't count as receipts...

still, happily a vip, though, heh

They're still being sent out amusix, dont lose hope :D

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Since my FXX doesn't seem to be as great at R2, I have to ask, what is the must have R2?

Bravoexo

How do you redownload the Sidewinder ans Benchmark Speed track? I redeemed the code on the insert card on the box/game but it never showed up or won't show on the active download list.

DarkJC

Brakara said:
How do I get to your storefront? You can't search by gamertags.

Yeah you'd think this would've been an obvious option to include. Unless there is a way and some of us just haven't figured it out yet.

edit:

Bravoexo said:
How do you redownload the Sidewinder ans Benchmark Speed track? I redeemed the code on the insert card on the box/game but it never showed up or won't show on the active download list.

It'll be under your XBL accounts Account Downloads list or whatever its called.

Iknos

Circuit B-Class MP hopper was great.

I didn't notice it was there until I scrolled down on the hopper list...something I didn't do at first.

DerrickH

Neo Member
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Forza has always used matchmaking, and it works fine for racing games. Custom public lobbies can be patched in and more playlists can be created. The issues with Forza are nowhere near as severe as the removal of dedicated servers, which affects many more aspects of a games MP. If you are surprised people aren't complaining on the same level then you really don't understand how extreme what IW are doing really is.

If public custom lobbies were patched in, that would solve the problem. The thing is, Turn 10 has said that public custom lobbies -wont- be patched in. Which is odd considering the public lobbies were the cornerstone of Forza2's online gameplay. More playlists dont address the problem. Last night, I wanted to race 5 lap race, Sim damage, on Road Atlanta with the C Class Focus I've been painting. In Forza 2, i would've just popped on , done a search, and started racing. In Forza 3 its simply not possible.

As it stands now, you can't play publicly online with anything lower than B class (which is a good chunk of the car list) and you can't play online with anything other than arcade level settings. And theres no way to change the setting. It takes away a large portion of the game when you go online and the races are 3-4 laps, assists on, no damage, and no tuning between races. The only option is to start a private match which is limited to just people on your friends list.

It'll be tough for Forza 3 to sustain the same lasting online community that Forza 2 had if the players arent allowed to at least search for the types of races they want to do.

Lucius86

Banned
SuperÑ said:
You know you can buy one at any electrical shop. The generic one i used with my Genesis works like a charm :D

I ordered one online on eBay - dunno about you, but I found it very hard to get my UK voltage, and now I think my order from abroad has got lost in the post :-(

adelante

h3ro said:
original.aspx

Awesome.

Got the Zune DTM A4 and the RX-8/R8 4.2 combo. Waiting on the last batch of cars. :D
It looks like Kazunori Yamauchi was about to give him the finger! Heh awesome pitpass report

p3tran

Banned
Brakara said:
How do I get to your storefront? You can't search by gamertags.

for the specific car setup, use 'search for tunes' function, select mazda, R2, and enter manual keyword "ZOOM".
that will bring you the car setup, and from there you can jump into my tunes front.

I will think of something to do so eveybody can reach my storefront with ease...

p.s.
one other thing that might need fixing, is that somehow, when I see my storefront and flick through the setups I have online,
after a couple of seconds the cursor jumps back to the top-left setup!
this has caused me to delete/modify tunes that I didnt want to touch at the first place, since no matter where I navigate to, my cursor gets kicked back to the last upoaded tune..

adelante

Diablohead said:
Dear Turn10, I would just like to say that I am in love with all the menu music, it is amazing and fits the game so well.
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask as well...is there any way we can download the menu soundtrack? Spent hours doing my livery designs and the music have since remain ingrained in my mind (in a good way) so perhaps Che could fill us in on who did the music? :D

erahk64

Here is interesting info from Insidesimracing forum about using the Fanatec wheel.

Insidesimracing said:
I asked Thomas at Fanatec about this and he told me to boot the game up with 900 degrees of rotation versus, changing it after it's booted up. Then it recognizes the extra rotation.> Sure enough ..Made a huge difference.

Edit: I'm not sure what this means.
I have changed from 270 to 900 degrees on the wheel after Forza had started and
Forza recognizes the extra rotation.
It probably depends on when the change is done.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
I accidentally deleted all the messages containing the gift cars, thinking they were just storefront messages. Woops :(

duderon said:
I accidentally deleted all the messages containing the gift cars, thinking they were just storefront messages. Woops :(
That sucks, the game allows you to delete a gifted car before downloading it...

God damn season 6 is brutal.

The acceleration and speed of the diesel R10's and 908's are huge. Could barely hold them off for the first race(Sebring) with my Acura. I could make up time in sections where the Acura's good handling gains an advantage but damn there are a lot of tracks where their speed advantage is gonna be too much. Good thing I have a 908 and R10 but I would have liked to win in something other than those.

blanky

ExtraKr1spy said:
God damn season 6 is brutal.

The acceleration and speed of the diesel R10's and 908's are huge. Could barely hold them off for the first race(Sebring) with my Acura. I could make up time in sections where the Acura's good handling gains an advantage but damn there are a lot of tracks where their speed advantage is gonna be too much. Good thing I have a 908 and R10 but I would have liked to win in something other than those.

Have you tried the upgrades you can apply to it? Maybe tune it a little.

blanky said:
Have you tried the upgrades you can apply to it? Maybe tune it a little.

The restrictor(removing) upgrade brings the Acura to X999 so I dont think it'll be usable in the R1 championship. The Acura has more mechanical grip than the R10 and 908 so I've trimmed lowered the downforce but the torque of the diesels allow them to get off the corner faster and pull away, It evens out a bit after a few seconds and I can close in during braking and through the corner but on exit they catch or just pull away. I dont mind a challenge but on some tracks(Le Mans, Silverstone, and others) I just wont stand a chance.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally got the speed achievement, on sebring no less! couldnt manage it on le mans with my r3 fxx, but i get it the first race i enter with the veyron :D

ShapeGSX

My wife and son got me the MS wheel for my birthday this past week, and the game is completely different.

With the controller, it is very apparent that they interpret your gas and steering inputs much more "safely" than Forza 2. For instance, it is much harder to start the wheels spinning on a RWD car because they ease in the gas, even though you slam the trigger down.

When you are counter-steering, it almost feels like you move the stick all the way to the left or right and it actually picks the right angle for counter-steer. And I guess that makes sense with something that has such a small range of motion.

With the wheel, all of that is gone. You must modulate the gas and brake yourself. And you pick the wheel angle for counter-steer.

Once you start racing with the wheel as if it is a steering wheel instead of just a controller with more range of motion, it starts to feel so much more realistic and natural. Your right foot is almost always moving to keep traction. Same with the left for braking.

I'm still just racing the lower class cars, however. It will take some time before I get back to the higher class RWD cars. But it is SO much more rewarding this way! :D

tehbear

Question, I am guessing if you paint over your gift cars, the old designs are lost forever right? I am not a huge fan of the designs but I would like to keep it.

DarkJC

ShapeGSX said:
With the controller, it is very apparent that they interpret your gas and steering inputs much more "safely" than Forza 2. For instance, it is much harder to start the wheels spinning on a RWD car because they ease in the gas, even though you slam the trigger down.

I gotta say this is completely not my experience with the controller with the higher classes of cars. There's no doubt that cars are harder to spin than they should be, but I've never had it ease on the gas when I slam the trigger down, and they'll easily start spinning out of control if I slam it at the wrong time during a corner. Were you playing with traction control off?

edit: and the same with the brake I might add. But I play with ABS off as well.

I've been driving the R10 TDI you're awarded at level 49 in the R1 World Championship and, annoyingly, it seems to suffer damage to the suspension from even the slightest contact with the curbs or very hard cornering in general. After about five laps it gets to ~40% damage overall to the springs, and ends up costing a fair bit of credits to repair. I had to bump the difficulty down and pit on a 10-lap race at Suzuka to repair the damage. None of the other R1s seems to suffer from this problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, has there been any word on why certain race cars have nonfunctional display screens while variants of them work just fine? The #9 Peugeot 908 has no display, but the #8 does; the #007 DBR9 has no display, but the #009 does. Weird. The E92 M3 GT2 has no display at all, and neither do the C6.R Corvettes and the #23 GT500 GT-R. Would it be at all possible to get this patched?

In other news, I received the Zune A4 DTM and two VIP cars last night and will check in a bit for the preorder cars. Thanks so much for gifting these out Che!

Spaceman Spiff said:
I've been driving the R10 TDI you're awarded at level 49 in the R1 World Championship and, annoyingly, it seems to suffer damage to the suspension from even the slightest contact with the curbs or very hard cornering in general. After about five laps it gets to ~40% damage overall to the springs, and ends up costing a fair bit of credits to repair. I had to bump the difficulty down and pit on a 10-lap race at Suzuka to repair the damage. None of the other R1s seems to suffer from this problem. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have always wondered why the car's never damage damage unless you hit a wall, car or forcefully over rev the engine, springs & brakes should always suffer damage slowly, but never do.

40% sounds overkill though, and a problem with the car hitting the ground or something.

Diablohead said:
I have always wondered why the car's never damage damage unless you hit a wall, car or forcefully over rev the engine, springs & brakes should always suffer damage slowly, but never do.

40% sounds overkill though, and a problem with the car hitting the ground or something.

Yeah, it would be one thing if the wear and damage were gradual, but it's quite excessive and only seems to be an issue with this particular R10. Running the same track with other R1s yields no suspension damage at all.

This must be DLC!

14usfa.jpg

Think the potent M3 coupe — the street car named performance — is enough?

BMW doesn’t think so, and today pulled the covers off a monstered 340-kilowatt track version.

The largely hand-built M3 GTS, as the car will be known, will go on sale across Europe mid-way through next year.

A spokesman for BMW Australia said if enough customers showed interest Down Under, it could even sell here.

As it rolls out of the factory, the lightweight M3 coupe won’t be road legal, but if asked the engineers at BMW’s hi-po M division will modify the car for you and give it road-ready status.

http://www.smh.com.au/drive/motor-news/bmw-m3-about-to-get-meaner-20091106-i1rz.html

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SealSqueal said:

I'd take a GTR/Zonda F/Zonda R/SLS/Any other car any day over another M3. Brand new cars > sport models of cars you already have when it comes to DLC.

But after looking at all the pics from SEMA this year, the Camaro is VERY disappointing when it comes to aftermarket body mods. Wish that after market parts manufacturers would have revealed many of these kits a year ago so they could be included in Forza 3.

Jube3

For the guys who dont/cant tune ID spinny sent me a mazdaspeed 3 racing tune thats available on my storefront for free. Its a race tune made for B-class hoppers.

Also later in the day I will have a novice drift tune set up for the mazdaspeed 3 by ID Lizard. Theres also a free Pixar UP paint job made by pizza luigi and myself to go with it. :D

ShapeGSX

You can make your own version of that M3 with mods. :)

I'd also rather a car that isn't actually in the game. Like the 1990 to 1994 Eagle Talon or Mitsubishi Eclipse. Just to complete the DSM family. ;)

Zel3

Game has been freezing on me when I do free play and just now the sound went out and it froze after that. :(

I hope it's not my Xbox that's about to die. :lol

Does anyone have any good Bugatti tunes? No matter what I do that thing sucks. <_<

TTG

Just a couple of notes as I'm starting to make my way through the R3 stuff in the seasonal play:

-The Lizard Porsche GT3 is so much better than the f430 racer. F430 is a chore to keep in line, it just wants to slide around all the fucking time. It's very controllable, but a little silly that it's like on ice in any kind of combination of turns. The Porsche acts the way I assumed R3 race cars would.

-The Viper ACR has all the potential in the world to be real monster. I've only upgraded to R3 so far, but damn is it quick and that chassis seems like it can handle another hike in hp easily.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Sysgen said:
Silverstone has atrocious frame skipping. Hope it's not just my 360.

This happened to me in the final straight on Twin Ring Motegi multiple times during my R2 Champ race.

Iknos

Dash Kappei said:
I'm using the MS Wheel too.
Can you (or anybody, really) please teach me how to drift?

I'm a pretty good driver in real life and I've had a license for almost 20 years but on a track I've only raced with karts, so I've no experience at all with drifting.
When/how should I use brake/accelerator and I can avoid using the handbrake right?
I thought I just had to release completely my foot from throttle and hard brake and then accelrate all the way down again to start drifting in corners but it's not workin :/

Please guys, help a newbie for once :)

I'm not really the guy to ask because I'm the sort that thinks losing traction is a bad thing.

You don't necessarily need to brake to get your back end to give out...you can even just swing your car around.

Before going into a left turn steer right and then left and you might get the back end to go out. If your tires regain traction too quickly you can throttle up on a RWD car and slide the back out even more.

Keeping control is rather easy with the controller and even the MS wheel because the 180 degree steering allows for very quick countersteering.

With some tuning you can encourage cars to oversteer on any corner so if you are having problems going into a drift try looking for a drift tuned car on the storefront. These tunes will encourage the sort of weight transfer you want and give enough torque to sustain any slide. Try driving those as a start.

enzo_gt said:
I'd take a GTR/Zonda F/Zonda R/SLS/Any other car any day over another M3. Brand new cars > sport models of cars you already have when it comes to DLC.

But after looking at all the pics from SEMA this year, the Camaro is VERY disappointing when it comes to aftermarket body mods. Wish that after market parts manufacturers would have revealed many of these kits a year ago so they could be included in Forza 3.

Yeah I guess so, I haven't even scratched the mod part of Forza yet.

Jube3

Is anyone up for organizing a tournament? I can put some forza ingame credits (1 million to start) behind it but dont have time to organize it because of the UFC league. We can do a set of drag racing tournaments with a limit on car class. Like A class RWD only. Or a set of P2P races

BenjaminBirdie said:
Do golds gotten in Event Select count towards the Solid Gold achievement?

To elucidate, if I don't get all gold in an event when I play it in Season Mode but then go to Event Select to race it again and get gold in the one race I missed it in and then I get the all gold bonus cash, will I still get the Solid Gold achievement even though that wasn't technically in "Season Mode"??

Top Bottom