• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Brakara

BenjaminBirdie said:
To elucidate, if I don't get all gold in an event when I play it in Season Mode but then go to Event Select to race it again and get gold in the one race I missed it in and then I get the all gold bonus cash, will I still get the Solid Gold achievement even though that wasn't technically in "Season Mode"??

I'm pretty sure racing individual tracks in events counts towards season achievements.

erahk64 said:
Here is interesting info from Insidesimracing forum about using the Fanatec wheel.

Edit: I'm not sure what this means.
I have changed from 270 to 900 degrees on the wheel after Forza had started and
Forza recognizes the extra rotation.
It probably depends on when the change is done.

What I noticed is when you change rotation on the wheel, it actually disconnect the wheel from the 360 when you in that mode. The wheel reconnect after you get out of the rotation selection mode and when I do this the game does recognize that the wheel has new setting.

Anyway I am a bit annoy as I have yet heard back from Fanatec support. Their customoer service is very slow and prett bad... here I am with awesome wheel but I can't used it ... I try to go back and play with the stick but it just doesnt' feel right.

Darklord

Banned
The online is insanely hard. It seems everyone has there own super tuned cars that go 100km/h faster than anything in that class. :\

pr0cs

Got the preorder cars they look awesome.
Too bad the ODST BMW is a nightmare to drive because I really like how it looks.
Maybe if I could tune it into a drift monster or something, because for racing I can't drive it worth shit.

Falagard

Darklord said:
The online is insanely hard. It seems everyone has there own super tuned cars that go 100km/h faster than anything in that class. :\

Here's what you do:

1. Look at the leaderboards for a certain class, (Class A for example) and take a look at which cars are placing in the top 10 or 20. Out of those cars, find one that you like.

2. Buy that car, either from the store or the Auction House.

3. Go to Buy Tuning Setups from Storefront and do a search for that car and class.

4. Change the search results to sort by "Most downloaded".

5. Some of these setups will say "Top 10 result" etc. Buy one of those.

6. Apply that tuning setup to your car.

7. Race.

erahk64

antiquegamer said:
What I noticed is when you change rotation on the wheel, it actually disconnect the wheel from the 360 when you in that mode. The wheel reconnect after you get out of the rotation selection mode and when I do this the game does recognize that the wheel has new setting.

Anyway I am a bit annoy as I have yet heard back from Fanatec support. Their customoer service is very slow and prett bad... here I am with awesome wheel but I can't used it ... I try to go back and play with the stick but it just doesnt' feel right.

It's a small company and they have much more to do than usual after
the release of the Turbo S wheel.
Give them time, when I have sent a email to e-support@fanatec.com they have always replied within one week.
They are also trying to improve things as you can see in the link below.

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2685

Kawasaki

h3ro said:
Why do all these people have horrendous taste in wheel designs?

Wheel design/size is the last thing you do when tuning a car since you can change the performance index by a few points by putting some awful wheels on it.

My game keeps crashing in lobbies. Just joined 3 lobbies and the game crashed in everyone. Another buggy/rushed game from turn 10. Single player didn't crash once, but multiplayer just seems unstable/rushed. Crashing in lobbies, game stopping when host migration(?) happens etc.

I finally gave up being the good samaritan and started using Audis. The S5 is sooooooo much better than anything else. I haven't seen anything this overpowered in games since battlefield vietnams M60. In my first race in an S5 I was leading by 110 metres after the first corner. I've only lost one race since I got my S5 and that was to another S5 which got a bit of a lead while I was stuck behind a slower car.

Nachkebia

Banned
I got the game yesterday, just for fun you know, before gt5 comes and guess what? I am loving it, I love everything about it except loading times (installed on hd)

I just got this last week, I'm halfway into year 3 and I have yet to see a point to point race. Sorry if this has been answered but I'm really missing the p2p races and have no idea where to find them.

DarkJC

riskVSreward said:
I just got this last week, I'm halfway into year 3 and I have yet to see a point to point race. Sorry if this has been answered but I'm really missing the p2p races and have no idea where to find them.

If you want to race point to point just find them in the event list. They're the Fujimi Kaido/Nurburgring/Amalfi Coast races. (NOT the Super Lap Days events though)

M_A_C

pr0cs said:
Got the preorder cars they look awesome.
Too bad the ODST BMW is a nightmare to drive because I really like how it looks.
Maybe if I could tune it into a drift monster or something, because for racing I can't drive it worth shit.

I sent them my preorder info, how do I know if I get the cars?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
M_A_C said:
I sent them my preorder info, how do I know if I get the cars?
Check your inbox from within the game. There should be an envelope in the bottom righthand portion of your screen, indicating you have a message waiting. If you see it anywhere press the left trigger and your gift car(s) should be waiting for download. Do NOT delete these messages.

DarkJC said:
If you want to race point to point just find them in the event list. They're the Fujimi Kaido/Nurburgring/Amalfi Coast races. (NOT the Super Lap Days events though)
Ok thanks, I'll have to check it out tonight.

Falagard

riskVSreward said:

They show up in season mode eventually if you keep choosing the option to "see new tracks", I think during year 3 for me.

Falagard

Kawasaki said:
Wheel design/size is the last thing you do when tuning a car since you can change the performance index by a few points by putting some awful wheels on it.

My game keeps crashing in lobbies. Just joined 3 lobbies and the game crashed in everyone. Another buggy/rushed game from turn 10. Single player didn't crash once, but multiplayer just seems unstable/rushed. Crashing in lobbies, game stopping when host migration(?) happens etc.

I finally gave up being the good samaritan and started using Audis. The S5 is sooooooo much better than anything else. I haven't seen anything this overpowered in games since battlefield vietnams M60. In my first race in an S5 I was leading by 110 metres after the first corner. I've only lost one race since I got my S5 and that was to another S5 which got a bit of a lead while I was stuck behind a slower car.

Just an FYI, I've spent a few hours racing online, joining various lobbies and have not had it crash. I don't doubt it has crashed, because I've heard someone else complaining about it as well, but it hasn't happened to me.

What *does* happen to me is that as I'm racing, the game stutters really badly for maybe 5 to 10 seconds before an Xbox Live friend notification pops up ("SomeFriend is online"). Does this happen to anyone else?

I use the Audi S5 as well, but I am a below average driver and still end up in last place most of the time. However, I agree the S5 can be tuned to have unfair acceleration for its class. I think I'm going to switch to something other than the S5 as I get better ;-)

Cheeto

Just got the game... trying to make a fastback mustang drag car, and it doens't seem to be working... 900HP and all I can get is 12 sec 1/4 mile with the most ridiculous gearing imaginable. The highest tiered tires are a joke, either they aren't slicks or the drag track is a cold sandy lane.

Pepto

Banned
Cheeto said:
Just got the game... trying to make a fastback mustang drag car, and it doens't seem to be working... 900HP and all I can get is 12 sec 1/4 mile with the most ridiculous gearing imaginable. The highest tiered tires are a joke, either they aren't slicks or the drag track is a cold sandy lane.
I don't think 900hp car needs any sand on the track to keep spinning the wheels even with slicks.

ShapeGSX

Road Race slicks are not the same as drag slicks by any stretch of the imagination.

Unfortunately, they didn't include drag slicks in the game. :(

Darklord

Banned
Falagard said:
Here's what you do:

1. Look at the leaderboards for a certain class, (Class A for example) and take a look at which cars are placing in the top 10 or 20. Out of those cars, find one that you like.

3. Go to Buy Tuning Setups from Storefront and do a search for that car and class.

7. Race.

Hmm, I'll try that out. Thanks!

eso76

i should be getting the fanatec in 3 weeks or so, and i still couldn't understand if the game recognizes full 900° of rotation or if it's still 180° degrees spread over 900° of physical rotation, which would make no sense and make the game basically unplayable.

Also, anyone with a fanatec had the chance to try it with prologue too ? i only read one comment of a guy who said clutch and accelerator sometimes don't work right with GT, which would piss me off since i bought it expecting full compatibility with forza 3 AND Gt prologue/5.

Muerte_X

Cheeto said:
So its magic when similar cars run 8 second 1/4 miles in real life?

Drag cars do burnouts to heat the tires up to the optimal temps, the tracks has VHT applied to it to make it stickier (if done right, it'll about pull your shoe off when you walk on it, lol) and drag slicks are much different than road racing slicks. The suspension parts used are a lot different too.

At least it's in there, it's fun to race other people, but it's pretty far off from any sort of drag simulation.

Cheeto

Muerte_X said:
Drag cars do burnouts to heat the tires up to the optimal temps, the tracks has VHT applied to it to make it stickier (if done right, it'll about pull your shoe off when you walk on it, lol) and drag slicks are much different than road racing slicks. The suspension parts used are a lot different too.

At least it's in there, it's fun to race other people, but it's pretty far off from any sort of drag simulation.
One of the pre-release interviews had this question in it...Turn10 said that where was no burnouts before lining up and the the tires would be at optimal temps automagically, so I figured that wasn't the problem...also I assumed that the drag tracks in the game would be prepared much like the drag strips in the real world. I guess I just thought it was going to be more than it turned out to be when I saw the trailers(with the charger doing the mini wheelstand) and interviews...whatever there's plenty more to play

erahk64

eso76 said:
i should be getting the fanatec in 3 weeks or so, and i still couldn't understand if the game recognizes full 900° of rotation or if it's still 180° degrees spread over 900° of physical rotation, which would make no sense and make the game basically unplayable.

Also, anyone with a fanatec had the chance to try it with prologue too ? i only read one comment of a guy who said clutch and accelerator sometimes don't work right with GT, which would piss me off since i bought it expecting full compatibility with forza 3 AND Gt prologue/5.

Insidesimracing had these comments about 900 degrees of rotation in Forza 3 in their forum.

Insidesimracing said:
1) Does Forza support 900 degrees.

A. Yes, but it seems the game was developed for 270 because of the 360 wheel having 270. When using 900 on the 911 wheel, the steering response becomes less responsive.

Later they posted this info

Insidesimracing said:
I asked Thomas at Fanatec about this and he told me to boot the game up with 900 degrees of rotation versus, changing it after it's booted up. Then it recognizes the extra rotation.> Sure enough ..Made a huge difference.

Link: http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=1107&start=70

I use 540 degrees and I think it feels great.
But I have not used a wheel that much before.

The video below mentions how the clutch and accelerator works in GT5P.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrXwqojYWQ

Cheeto said:
One of the pre-release interviews had this question in it...Turn10 said that where was no burnouts before lining up and the the tires would be at optimal temps automagically, so I figured that wasn't the problem...also I assumed that the drag tracks in the game would be prepared much like the drag strips in the real world. I guess I just thought it was going to be more than it turned out to be when I saw the trailers(with the charger doing the mini wheelstand) and interviews...whatever there's plenty more to play
If they make a DLC pack which features a drag strip, I hope they make it super sticky just to be different to the included drag lanes already in the game.

Kawasaki

Falagard said:
Just an FYI, I've spent a few hours racing online, joining various lobbies and have not had it crash. I don't doubt it has crashed, because I've heard someone else complaining about it as well, but it hasn't happened to me.

What *does* happen to me is that as I'm racing, the game stutters really badly for maybe 5 to 10 seconds before an Xbox Live friend notification pops up ("SomeFriend is online"). Does this happen to anyone else?

I use the Audi S5 as well, but I am a below average driver and still end up in last place most of the time. However, I agree the S5 can be tuned to have unfair acceleration for its class. I think I'm going to switch to something other than the S5 as I get better ;-)

My game had some stuttering at sunset peninsula for no reason tonight. My whole game just stops for a second at least a couple times a day. I think it's when the lobbies "host" changes.

Becoming a better driver will only make the S5 problem worse. If you look at the players in lobbies, pretty much every champion drives an Audi 90% of the time. A few days back there were less Audis, but now they are back in force. I guess they wanted to try something new and when it didn't work they changed. My game crashed so I had plenty of time to capture the moment of joining an A-class pro lobby: http://www.cc.puv.fi/~e0500534/k45/s5_lobby.jpg
That is a whole lot of Audi S5s.

Then you have the Audi "gang" which works together by having 3-5 Audis on every lobby and when a track comes along which isn't suited for their Audi, a skip vote is started and passed: http://www.cc.puv.fi/~e0500534/k45/this_track_doesnt_suit_my_audi.jpg

What I hate about the S5 is the fact that its only weakness is the brakes and drivers don't give you room to overtake on the inside so trying to overtake one will most likely end in a crash. Add to that the fact of how little skill the car requires. In Forza 2 most people couldn't drive a muscle car or a no aero S-class car fast. The S-class nordschleife records that were done with GT40 "no aero" cars were insane. I had no problem admitting defeat to such skill, but the S5 drives like on its on rails.

WARNING: Just had 2 wreckers in an A-class lobby. They drove Dodge Rams and their GTs were roflcone and something like FLAPPY FLOPS (all caps).

Kawasaki said:
My game had some stuttering at sunset peninsula for no reason tonight. My whole game just stops for a second at least a couple times a day. I think it's when the lobbies "host" changes.

Becoming a better driver will only make the S5 problem worse. If you look at the players in lobbies, pretty much every champion drives an Audi 90% of the time. A few days back there were less Audis, but now they are back in force. I guess they wanted to try something new and when it didn't work they changed. My game crashed so I had plenty of time to capture the moment of joining an A-class pro lobby: http://www.cc.puv.fi/~e0500534/k45/s5_lobby.jpg
That is a whole lot of Audi S5s.
Yeah I hate that, you see a legend enter the room with 37 trueskill and all they drive is a tuned S5 or R8 for those faster tracks, 4WD whores!

Now if I enter a lobby where there is 2 or more S5's I quit, not hanging around to lose to an over powered PI car. One solo S5 is ok sometimes because they always run wide on corners trying to catch you up :p

*edit* I agree on the voting too, you get a medium sized track and they vote it out because they can't win with their audi... Hm saying that I would love it if A class PRO mode online could turn off track veto's so you HAVE TO PLAY WHAT IS GIVEN OUT :) (oh wait they will just quit, fuck!)

frontieruk

Oddly my 360 does this stutter when racing if a friend comes online, but it's been quite random, some days it happens others not.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Only time my game stutters is after the race finishes and it saves, which I assume is normal.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i realized today, that a week in I already played f3 more then f2! the career is so much better as season mode, the cockpit makes racing so much more intense, and the added tracks add a ton of variety.

i havent even raced a single time online and i've already put in 15+ hours. i'm looking forward to getting bored with the career so i can play online, lol

again, awesome job turn 10. bring on the dlc tracks :)

Sorry but I had no idea where to post this, lol.

Is there any other way to tell if the new 360 Elite Holiday bundles are Jaspers, like maybe by the date? I went to Bestbuy last night and I could only see the voltage on the Arcade units, not the elites.

Going back tomorrow so any help is useful.

TofuEater

Falagard said:
Here's what you do:

7. Race.

This, then you see a recurring trend, S5, Dodge Viper ACR (S class), Subaru 22B etc haha

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
FuttBuck said:
Sorry but I had no idea where to post this, lol.

Is there any other way to tell if the new 360 Elite Holiday bundles are Jaspers, like maybe by the date? I went to Bestbuy last night and I could only see the voltage on the Arcade units, not the elites.

Going back tomorrow so any help is useful.
Just look for a new box and you'll be fine.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
FuttBuck said:
All they had were the Holiday Bundles, how do I tell if it's a new box?

Maybe look at the date also to be sure?
All of the holiday bundles should be brand new Jaspers. There shouldn't be any need to check. Remember Jaspers have been out now for 12 months or so.

cjelly said:
All of the holiday bundles should be brand new Jaspers. There shouldn't be any need to check. Remember Jaspers have been out now for 12 months or so.

Awesome, thanks. Also is there a way to put my game saves on say a USB storage device and then transfer it onto my new HDD? I don't have a HDD Transfer kit.

DarkJC

frontieruk said:
Oddly my 360 does this stutter when racing if a friend comes online, but it's been quite random, some days it happens others not.

Yeah this happens to me sometimes, seemingly random. Sometimes it's perfectly smooth when a friend signs on so I don't know. All I know is it happened going around the final corner in sebring while I was racing online and cost me my place. =/

edit:

FuttBuck said:
Awesome, thanks. Also is there a way to put my game saves on say a USB storage device and then transfer it onto my new HDD? I don't have a HDD Transfer kit.

No you'll need a memory card.

skyfinch

op_ivy said:
i realized today, that a week in I already played f3 more then f2! the career is so much better as season mode, the cockpit makes racing so much more intense, and the added tracks add a ton of variety.

i havent even raced a single time online and i've already put in 15+ hours. i'm looking forward to getting bored with the career so i can play online, lol

again, awesome job turn 10. bring on the dlc tracks :)

No doubt. 30 hours of gameplay for me, but that's all for now (busy for the next few weeks). Anyways, that's more hours than any game I've played this generation, and the game's been out for a couple weeks. :lol

Top Bottom