• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Muerte_X

Cheeto said:
One of the pre-release interviews had this question in it...Turn10 said that where was no burnouts before lining up and the the tires would be at optimal temps automagically, so I figured that wasn't the problem...also I assumed that the drag tracks in the game would be prepared much like the drag strips in the real world. I guess I just thought it was going to be more than it turned out to be when I saw the trailers(with the charger doing the mini wheelstand) and interviews...whatever there's plenty more to play

That's true, I remember that now. And either that charger wheelstand is way misleading, or no one's figured out how to make a rwd car hook like that off the line. So far it just seems that the fastest cars are always awd, which they shouldn't be.

Maybe it's worth looking at the official forums and see if anyone's made any good drag setups.

Jube3

Muerte_X said:
That's true, I remember that now. And either that charger wheelstand is way misleading, or no one's figured out how to make a rwd car hook like that off the line. So far it just seems that the fastest cars are always awd, which they shouldn't be.

Maybe it's worth looking at the official forums and see if anyone's made any good drag setups.

People have been able to make the car lift, and bounce but not that high yet like in the intro. Like they get the car to lift a bit, bounce then gear it up and lift the car higher.

pr0cs

So messing around with friends we discovered how fun drifting is (I hated it in the PGR series but it's quite addicting in Forza3). I found a decent rated tuning on the AH and bought the necessary car. I didn't realize that it cost me > 100k to upgrade the car to match the tuning which really hurt.
It's so difficult to drive the thing, it's more like a snow sled than a vehicle.

Jube3

pr0cs said:
So messing around with friends we discovered how fun drifting is (I hated it in the PGR series but it's quite addicting in Forza3). I found a decent rated tuning on the AH and bought the necessary car. I didn't realize that it cost me > 100k to upgrade the car to match the tuning which really hurt.
It's so difficult to drive the thing, it's more like a snow sled than a vehicle.

On my storefront I have a free tune ID lizard made me thats for beginners. Its the s13 tune. Its about 80k though I believe to upgrade it.

Leonsito

I made the 100k drift points achievement without any tune file or custom settings, not even tyre pressures, just went to hot lap mode and in my first lap in Fujimi Kaido (not reverse) I managed to make 103k, it's easier than it sounds.

Leonsito said:
I made the 100k drift points achievement without any tune file or custom settings, not even tyre pressures, just went to hot lap mode and in my first lap in Fujimi Kaido (not reverse) I managed to make 103k, it's easier than it sounds.

Which car did you use?

pr0cs

Jube3 said:
On my storefront I have a free tune ID lizard made me thats for beginners. Its the s13 tune. Its about 80k though I believe to upgrade it.
Yep, I'm always camping yours and M0dus storefronts in hope I get something new, I've bought everything you guys have up there.
I haven't tried your tuning yet, I might tonite though because the Fairlady 03 tuning I'm using now is pretty hard to get the hang of. Full Circuit Kaido best I've done is around 58k points.

Leonsito said:
you're a better driver than me then, lets hear the scoop on how you did it.

Leonsito

Pizza Luigi said:
Which car did you use?

Oops, forgot to put the car : Mitsubishi HKS Time Attack Evo.

Credits to this method to: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=187325

Always second gear, ALWAYS (manual shifting obviously), try to make 1000 points minimun in each turn, and follow those "chekpoints" that he says to see if you already fucked up your lap, for reference, mine were:

Second tunnel: 26,197 (I did around 20k).
Third and fourth tunnel (they are right after eachother): 72,894 (I did around 69k).
Fifth tunnel (last): 100,019 (I did around 93k).
Finished with 110,142 (finished with 103k).

Leonsito

Pizza Luigi said:
Which car did you use?

Credits to this method to: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=187325

Always second gear, ALWAYS (manual shifting obviously), try to make 1000 points minimun in each turn, and follow those "chekpoints" that he says to see if you already fucked up your lap, for reference, mine were:

Third and fourth tunnel (they are right after eachother): 72,894 (I did around 69k).

pr0cs said:
you're a better driver than me then, lets hear the scoop on how you did it.

:lol

I'm a joke of a drifter, and I hate it, that's the only time I drifted in any game, EVER, and will be my last one, if it depends on me.

Edit: what the fuck did I do, sorry for the dp.

Holy crap I just completed the R1 championship race on Silverstone withe the R10 and even though I had a clean race left side suspense were damaged,(was only about a 1,000 credits worth of damage). Silverstone is a pretty smooth flat track and the curbs aren't that severe. I know that Copse, Maggots, Becketts, Chapel and Stowe put a lot load on the left side tires but the R10 was built for endurance racing so I dont think that would be enough to damage the suspension. I used the R10 for Sebring(very rough track) and it came out fine.

Zel3

Pffft the endurance races in this game are weaksauce.

I was kind of hoping for an epic 4 hour endurance race. :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Zel3 said:
Pffft the endurance races in this game are weaksauce.

I was kind of hoping for an epic 4 hour endurance race. :lol
Pretty sure you can set one up in multiplayer. Good luck finding people willing to do the whole race though.

h3ro

ExtraKr1spy said:
Holy crap I just completed the R1 championship race on Silverstone withe the R10 and even though I had a clean race left side suspense were damaged,(was only about a 1,000 credits worth of damage). Silverstone is a pretty smooth flat track and the curbs aren't that severe. I know that Copse, Maggots, Becketts, Chapel and Stowe put a lot load on the left side tires but the R10 was built for endurance racing so I dont think that would be enough to damage the suspension. I used the R10 for Sebring(very rough track) and it came out fine.

The Audi might just have weak suspension attributes. This is the second post regarding suspension damage with minimal or no abuse on the Audi. Strange that you had no damage on Sebring though.

Also, everyone should get to m0dus' storefront and pickup the Crackdown 2 GT-R. It's free and a nice bonus for those who didn't get the Crackdown 2 VIP Camaro. Great looking livery, though personally, I'm sticking with the Red Z.O.E. Jehuty livery he made.

ExtraKr1spy said:

Yeah, I mentioned this exact issue a few pages back. It may be a bug since it only seems to affect the #8 R10, not sure about the #2. I don't remember if I used it on Sebring, but it suffered the same problem on Suzuka where it was quite bad-- something like 40% damage overall to the suspension after some fast laps-- and I ended up pitting for repairs. I may not be the smoothest driver, but there's no way it should be suffering that kind of damage with fairly minimal abuse; I doubt Audi's prototypes would have dominated endurance racing for the last decade if they were that fragile. :lol

Has anyone purchased the #2 R10 by any chance? I'd like to know if this is an issue with that one as well.

Back in Forza 1 me and a few people from forzacentral did a 25 lap race on laguna in stock NSX cars, it's one of the biggest memories of the first game for me as I came 2nd after being wiped out on the first corner, pitting and slowly inching my position to catch up first, ended up from 1 lap down to about 10 seconds away from winning :D My car's aero was fawked though otherwise that 10 seconds would have been 0 I think.

A shame it's just not as fun racing that many laps against the cpu, and in today's world of xbox live it's impossible to have such fun in random games using the same cars, stock or otherwise.

Fox Mulder

Arjen said:
Hit level 50 yesterday with only 12% of the career complete.

I'm around that too. Oh well, means I'll still get to make lots of credits finishing off the career. It's massive.

XiaNaphryz said:
Pretty sure you can set one up in multiplayer. Good luck finding people willing to do the whole race though.

I saw people making rooms in Forza 2 where they set up the max laps on nurburgring. I never had the balls to try, but I wonder what the purse for winning that race would be.

eso76

So, i am officially in love with the menu soundtrack (no idea about ingame music, i only heard the same song like 10 times before turning it off :p ) and i was wondering if it's available anywhere in decent quality (so, no youtube).

It's a shame they didn't think of releasing it on CD.

Also, the way tracks are randomly chosen...is not random enough ! Not as bad as ingame; still there must be at least 10 or 12 tracks and i keep hearing the same 3/4 ones.

So...back to Hopper talk, anyone know if we will get something in Road Racing other than "Any Car" because I am really sick of having to drive these R1 racers around Fujimi.

Just need to face facts and put an A class playlist in every hopper.

AlanzTalon said:
So...back to Hopper talk, anyone know if we will get something in Road Racing other than "Any Car" because I am really sick of having to drive these R1 racers around Fujimi.

Just need to face facts and put an A class playlist in every hopper.
I would play road racing if they stuck another class in then Any Car, by the time they add it i'll be bored.

Brakara

Yeah, I'm staying out of Road Racing until they introduce a lower class playlist.

eso76 said:
Also, the way tracks are randomly chosen...is not random enough ! Not as bad as ingame; still there must be at least 10 or 12 tracks and i keep hearing the same 3/4 ones.

The soundtrack has actually close to 30 tracks.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Quick question:

On the storefront, I copped an awesome Metroid design for the Porsche 911--does this mean I can only use it on that particular model whenever I purchase it in my season?

Brakara

bob_arctor said:
Quick question:

On the storefront, I copped an awesome Metroid design for the Porsche 911--does this mean I can only use it on that particular model whenever I purchase it in my season?

Correct.

eso76

Brakara said:
The soundtrack has actually close to 30 tracks.

really ? but wait, i was talking about menu tunes only.

I think i recognized around 12/13 different tracks for menus, if it's indeed 30 then there's
something very wrong with the way tracks are randomized.

eso76 said:
really ? but wait, i was talking about menu tunes only.

I think i recognized around 12/13 different tracks for menus, if it's indeed 30 then there's
something very wrong with the way tracks are randomized.
There is at least 14 menu tunes, maybe 15.

ShapeGSX

Jube3 said:
The drum and bass instrumentals only play in the menus, the tick tick boom stuff play ingame

I guess that is something that someone who has been in the vinyl editor for 140 hours would notice. :lol

Jube3

ShapeGSX said:
I guess that is something that someone who has been in the vinyl editor for 140 hours would notice. :lol

yea If I had to listen to tick tick boom over and over again while painting I would blow my brains out haha.

TTG

Leonsito said:

:lol

I'm a joke of a drifter, and I hate it, that's the only time I drifted in any game, EVER, and will be my last one, if it depends on me.

Edit: what the fuck did I do, sorry for the dp.

I went with the regular route and got it on my second lap. It's really not as elegant as PGR is(can't really string things together much) and it sucks that the Z06 wasn't much of a drifting car at all, but oh well. I also finished with just over 100k even though my largest score was just over 6k.

Darklord

Banned
Falagard said:
Here's what you do:

1. Look at the leaderboards for a certain class, (Class A for example) and take a look at which cars are placing in the top 10 or 20. Out of those cars, find one that you like.

2. Buy that car, either from the store or the Auction House.

3. Go to Buy Tuning Setups from Storefront and do a search for that car and class.

4. Change the search results to sort by "Most downloaded".

5. Some of these setups will say "Top 10 result" etc. Buy one of those.

6. Apply that tuning setup to your car.

7. Race.

Ok wtf. I did all this and it worked great(thanks by the way). I picked an Audi S5, bought a tuning setup that made it an A(600) class. I go into multiplayer, select A class races and...can't pick my Audi S5. Err, what am I doing wrong here? I feel it's something extremely simple.

Edit: Oh...My Garage. Oops.:lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I would like to how someone thought it would be a good idea to have the wheel spin the opposite direction to what it should when rewinding, it's bad enough that it spins at all.

But seriously.. the wrong direction? How'd they not notice that.

Shaneus

2u7lnjt.jpg

Bug? All I did was finish an R3 season race, then when I selected the coupe challenge, it didn't ask me to change my car despite being well above the PI :lol

Shaneus

Oh, and speaking of bugs/oversights, I'm still having the issue (this time on di Positano too) that whenever there's a heat/one-on-one race, the first car in the first heat will cast a shadow in my rear view, but the others in the second and third don't. It's not car or track specific, just only happens in these heat races.

Jube3

That PI difference isnt a bug, it was the same way in F2. Theres no PI cap in the early events like there is later (b class superlaps).

Shaneus

I just figured it was, seeing as in the lower corner of the event's poster there was a "D 300" (or thereabouts) sign. I figured that was supposed to be the limit, but I never picked up on whether that happened in F2 or not.

Darklord

Banned
Is the Forza 3 site screwing up for anyone else? I took some photos and went into "My Forza" on the site but get an error page.

Brakara

Shaneus said:
I just figured it was, seeing as in the lower corner of the event's poster there was a "D 300" (or thereabouts) sign. I figured that was supposed to be the limit, but I never picked up on whether that happened in F2 or not.

Often the class sign is just a recommendation, as well as indicating the class of the AI cars.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fanatec update:

Here is a little bit more detail what is on the way.

EU

The first containers will arrive on 25th of Nov. and we
will ship all open PWTS orders a week later to our customers.

The Pure and Clubsport editions ordered until September
will also be delivered with this shipment. Please don't ask for a precise cut-off date because we cannot tell you.

All other open ordes will be delivered in the second
shipment which arrives on the 2nd of December.

USA

The first shipment will arrive on the 13th of Nov. and will ship one week later to customers.

The first shipment will contain all PWTS (all versions) ordered until late September.

The rest will arrive in the second shipment which will land on the 20th of Nov and will be shipped out to customers one week later.

Shipment from our warehouse in CA to your door depends on where you live.

It will even be enough to have some stock but I am sure it will not last very long.

The only part which is delayed are the standard pedals which are bought separatly. I will update you later on those.
Just 2 more weeks for me I'm guessing! :D

p3tran

Banned
Jube3 said:
That PI difference isnt a bug, it was the same way in F2. Theres no PI cap in the early events like there is later (b class superlaps).

yeap, before each event you can take a look at the RESTRICTIONS and pick the best car.

BUT
seems to me many things -even in single player- are not up to par:

the leaderboards of career races no longer exist!

you only get the best lap leaderboard, and I think its only based on track/class hotlap, not even related/locked to career event. so in a career race of ex. ford only, you may see an EVO8 on top leaderboard position.

and how about the FULL RACE RESULT leaderboard ?

I havent seen any in forza3... only hotlap style.
the only thing that matters in a 15 lap race is the single best laptime? really?

I could write many more, but I wont. the thing is, many things are done wrong.

my question (rhetorical most probably) is will they be fixed?

Dina

p3tran said:
my question (rhetorical most probably) is will they be fixed?

Wouldn't bet on it. Turn 10 have been awfully quiet since the gamelaunch. Che's job on this board probably is over for the coming months.

Jube3

Dina said:
Wouldn't bet on it. Turn 10 have been awfully quiet since the gamelaunch. Che's job on this board probably is over for the coming months.

Che was really active here for forza 2 a while after the game came out until the thread died off after a while. Joates farming the gaf room for points was pretty epic lol. I think the silence has more to due with the staff taking a bit of time off to refresh the batteries after a release

p3tran

Banned
Jube3 said:
Che was really active here for forza 2 a while after the game came out until the thread died off after a while. Joates farming the gaf room for points was pretty epic lol. I think the silence has more to due with the staff taking a bit of time off to refresh the batteries after a release

Guys, Che has nothing to do with this. and his interest and participation is genuine and positive in my book.
but its not like those responsible *dont know* whats going on, and surely its not Che the one that can fix, or even give order to fix.

and btw, I really miss that megaman honda I won in that F2 room back in the time Jube :)

Top Bottom