• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Magni

Hmm, so I broke Rewind. On the full NYC (Mercedes championship in career), I get nudged by a car in the third set of chicanes (after U-turn). Pressing back does nothing for a sec', then brings me back to the start of the lap. I get nudged again, this time rewind doesn't work at all. Oh well, restart ^^

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
MagniHarvald said:
Hmm, so I broke Rewind. On the full NYC (Mercedes championship in career), I get nudged by a car in the third set of chicanes (after U-turn). Pressing back does nothing for a sec', then brings me back to the start of the lap. I get nudged again, this time rewind doesn't work at all. Oh well, restart ^^
Yeah, it's pretty buggy sometimes. Same thing happened to me on NY, as well, btw.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I was on my 360, trying to beat a time on Catalunya in the Ferrari California (Upgraded to A 600).

The 360 crashed, so I rebooted it, and it green screened after boot.

I left it for a minute or two, rebooted, nothing...then:

2cordpv.jpg

Thanks Che/Turn10, you killed my 360!

Well, off to get the thing repaired, :(

Hawk SE

In other news,

From twitter:

Turn10Studios We should be gifting out the Zune, preorder cars, and the VIP cars today. Fingers crossed. Let's go network team!

Leonsito

Stop It said:
Well, I was on my 360, trying to beat a time on Catalunya in the Ferrari California (Upgraded to A 600).

The 360 crashed, so I rebooted it, and it green screened after boot.

I left it for a minute or two, rebooted, nothing...then:

2cordpv.jpg

Thanks Che/Turn10, you killed my 360!

Well, off to get the thing repaired, :(

You play the Xbox on that surface or it's just for the pic ?

pr0cs

Hawk xSx said:
Turn10Studios We should be gifting out the Zune, preorder cars, and the VIP cars today. Fingers crossed. Let's go network team!
woot, hope my preorder email went through.

Good to hear we may be getting our Zune/VIP gift cars today. I wants me mah goodies-- especially that Zune A4 DTM car since I'm bit short on credits to afford one for myself at the moment.

ShapeGSX

The back of the December Car and Driver is a virtual Forza Motorsport 3 magazine. Basically, everything is printed upside-down, so it opens like a normal magazine, and the next 2 pages talk about driving all of these super cars in the game. :D Really well done! Great job, Turn 10!

The "magazine cover" says "WE REVIEW IT, YOU DRIVE IT."

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Psychotext said:
Given the cables in that pic... I'd say that's where it lives.

YOU MURDERER!
It lives on my cabinet next to my HDTV, I put it there (temporarily), for testing 1080p on my PC monitor (see Far Cry 2 beside the console? that was my buffer).

It was dying the moment Forza 3 entered the drive, it chequerboard crashed (while on my HDTV) a few times, so this wasn't totally unexpected.
pr0cs said:
Why won't things live if I wrap my hands around it's neck and squeeze? I just don't get it.
Funny how people totally fail to see the reality of the situation. Fact is, the 360 was only subjected to mild use before I bought Forza 3. The thing used to crash (usually while playing PGR 4) on me from time to time but I always gave it time to recover, this time, I killed it by over-use.

Iknos

antiquegamer said:
I can answer the PS3 bit, you can keep the dongle on the PS3 since when you start the wheel up it actually go into this calibration mode and to go into 360 you have to press the guide button. If you want to go into PS3 mode, you have to first go into PC mode by pressing the sync button. And then go to PS3 mode by pressing sync & back together to get it into PS3 mode.

I can't do much with it with defective pedals so no Forza 3 for me for awhile until I get the wheel back, or I will probably hook the 360 wheel back up. It's depressing and kinda annoying after all the wait to get shortty products.

Thanks. I'm getting real excited at the prospect of playing this with the Fanatec.

My MS wheel has a large deadzone and isn't centered but I'm still having a blast with it. It will only get better with the Porche wheel.

HokieJoe said:
I'd be happy if T10 had simply mimic'd PGR2's online setup. It was simple and it worked.

It's been a while and I forget the details of how matchmaking was set up in it but I don't doubt what you're saying.

Stop It said:
Funny how people totally fail to see the reality of the situation. Fact is, the 360 was only subjected to mild use before I bought Forza 3. The thing used to crash (usually while playing PGR 4) on me from time to time but I always gave it time to recover, this time, I killed it by over-use.
Oh relax. If you've spent any time in the dead 360 thread you'll realise that yes, the machines drop like flies... but also, so many people have killed them unintentionally through a variety of dumb actions.

Ask your local forumite about the 360 and wine coolers. :D

lord pie

It's funny, I found I had twice the time test-driving than actually driving. :D

I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. It seems to be very good at matching you with other drivers with similar skill.

I've been very impressed with how respectful others are. While first corner lag pile ups do happen from time to time, I've been amazed by the number of races with no incidents. I don't think I've played a game before where the players had so much respect for each other.

This evening, I won a race on silverstone. To celebrate, I went to drift across the finish line.
I overcooked it, went onto the grass, wheels dug in and proceeded to barrel rolled over the finish line - capped off by the guy in second place slamming into me :lol

HokieJoe

Iknos said:
Thanks. I'm getting real excited at the prospect of playing this with the Fanatec.

My MS wheel has a large deadzone and isn't centered but I'm still having a blast with it. It will only get better with the Porche wheel.

It's been a while and I forget the details of how matchmaking was set up in it but I don't doubt what you're saying.

Been a while for me as well. I don't recall matchmaking as much as the ability to find host/rooms. IIRC, it told you what track and class the room was using.

Shaneus

Just got two cars too! But I don't recall any giveaways featuring either of these... one is a "Nightmare" R8 and the Laguna Seca RX8 Safety Car. Can anyone tell me where I would've freebied these from?

I remember signing up for the Zune car and the Crackdown 2 etc. cars, but that's it!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Shaneus said:
Just got two cars too! But I don't recall any giveaways featuring either of these... one is a "Nightmare" R8 and the Laguna Seca RX8 Safety Car. Can anyone tell me where I would've freebied these from?

I remember signing up for the Zune car and the Crackdown 2 etc. cars, but that's it!
These are VIP cars, IIRC.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Iknos said:

My MS wheel has a large deadzone and isn't centered but I'm still having a blast with it.

I'm using the MS Wheel too.
Can you (or anybody, really) please teach me how to drift?

I'm a pretty good driver in real life and I've had a license for almost 20 years but on a track I've only raced with karts, so I've no experience at all with drifting.
When/how should I use brake/accelerator and I can avoid using the handbrake right?
I thought I just had to release completely my foot from throttle and hard brake and then accelrate all the way down again to start drifting in corners but it's not workin :/

Please guys, help a newbie for once :)

DerrickH

Neo Member
I'm a little surprised that theres not a of talk in the media about the backlash about the multiplayer from the core Forza players. When COD MW2 announce no dedicated servers, it was all over the place. Forza has essentially done the same thing by only using matchmaking and eliminating public custom matches. And while the players are up in arms, you'd never know from the press coverage.

Jube3

DerrickH said:
I'm a little surprised that theres not a of talk in the media about the backlash about the multiplayer from the core Forza players. When COD MW2 announce no dedicated servers, it was all over the place. Forza has essentially done the same thing by only using matchmaking and eliminating public custom matches. And while the players are up in arms, you'd never know from the press coverage.

Its not the same thing though, theres no one in favor for the change to the PC scene while reaction to the forza MP change is split. Some Love it, some hate it some dont care either way.

Also to the people who bought the LE VIP cars started going out. The Laguna Seca car i made and phredesigns Nightmare R8 have gone out according to twitter :D

DerrickH said:

Forza has always used matchmaking, and it works fine for racing games. Custom public lobbies can be patched in and more playlists can be created. The issues with Forza are nowhere near as severe as the removal of dedicated servers, which affects many more aspects of a games MP. If you are surprised people aren't complaining on the same level then you really don't understand how extreme what IW are doing really is.

The factory stock spec races are awesome. Some of the closest races I've participated in by far. Over shoot a corner just a little bit then all of a sudden you've lost 4 positions and have to make your way back up for the next lap or two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jube3 said:
Its not the same thing though, theres no one in favor for the change to the PC scene while reaction to the forza MP change is split. Some Love it, some hate it some dont care either way.

Also to the people who bought the LE VIP cars started going out. The Laguna Seca car i made and phredesigns Nightmare R8 have gone out according to twitter :D

Got both. Amazing work my man. Though I have like 4 A600 cars now :lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
The preorder cars are coming through soon. Like, tonight.

Apparently our server doesn't like sending out 100000 gift cars. :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
Jube3 said:

Just got mine, nice job on the Mazda.

see5harp

purg3 said:
Just got mine, nice job on the Mazda.

Yea, no offense to that other dude, but your Mazda is straight killing it. The other car looks like something I'd buy at a swap meet for a secret santa gag gift.

DarkJC

burgerdog said:
I wish there was a way to buy the VIP pass through the marketplace :( Or is there?

Not as of yet but it seems to be like it would be something coming in the future.

edit: Also, got my VIP cars, waiting patiently for the preorder ones, I know there's a ton to go out :D

Great pitpass report this week, I'm more excited at the prospects of matchmaking now, and am really curious which 10 cars will be in the DLC pack. (We already know at least 1 right? The Italia?)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DarkJC said:
Not as of yet but it seems to be like it would be something coming in the future.

edit: Also, got my VIP cars, waiting patiently for the preorder ones, I know there's a ton to go out :D

Great pitpass report this week, I'm more excited at the prospects of matchmaking now, and am really curious which 10 cars will be in the DLC pack. (We already know at least 1 right? The Italia?)
I thought we already knew of 2, but I asked a few pages back and nobody seemed to remember the 2nd one.

Also getting 3 Hyundai's, so that's another ~13 cars.

Shame there isn't a track so soon, as well. :D

DarkJC

cjelly said:
I thought we already knew of 2, but I asked a few pages back and nobody seemed to remember the 2nd one.

Also getting 3 Hyundai's, so that's another ~13 cars.

Shame there isn't a track so soon, as well. :D

I think everyone is assuming the newest Nissan GT-R is coming via DLC but I don't think there's been an official confirmation yet. Maybe that's the 2nd one people are thinking of?

Truespeed

Leckan said:
Was this before he "slapped him around"?

This was sort of lost in translation. His intention was not to slap him around, but rather (as the picture depicts) sensually cup his ass.

Just did a couple online races... B class, was pretty clean where I was (top 3-4... specifically, 3rd or 4th :D )

I think I avoided running into anyone, though with lag it's always hard to say for sure. I do know that I went off track way too often. :lol

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Lucius86 said:
I'm still waiting for my replacement power supply for my steering wheel - this is driving me mental...

You know you can buy one at any electrical shop. The generic one i used with my Genesis works like a charm :D

AMUSIX

I didn't get my pre-order cars.....guess distributor invoices don't count as receipts...

still, happily a vip, though, heh

Top Bottom