• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
XiaNaphryz said:
Fanatec update:

Just 2 more weeks for me I'm guessing! :D

fanatec is pissing me off. we get updates on the wheel, but no updates on the rennsport stand. the website still says it will be in stock late october and i cant get any response from their customer support for an update. :/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jube3 said:
Che was really active here for forza 2 a while after the game came out until the thread died off after a while. Joates farming the gaf room for points was pretty epic lol. I think the silence has more to due with the staff taking a bit of time off to refresh the batteries after a release
Yeah, it's standard practice for devs to take a vacation after their game ships.

Jube3

p3tran said:
Guys, Che has nothing to do with this. and his interest and participation is genuine and positive in my book.
but its not like those responsible *dont know* whats going on, and surely its not Che the one that can fix, or even give order to fix.

and btw, I really miss that megaman honda I won in that F2 room back in the time Jube :)

Yea I agree, hes one of the most active CMs ive ever seen in a community, hes done a ton for the forza community.

I've though of remaking that megaman car, it was my favorite car to drive.

p3tran said:
yeap, before each event you can take a look at the RESTRICTIONS and pick the best car.

BUT
seems to me many things -even in single player- are not up to par:

the leaderboards of career races no longer exist!

you only get the best lap leaderboard, and I think its only based on track/class hotlap, not even related/locked to career event. so in a career race of ex. ford only, you may see an EVO8 on top leaderboard position.

and how about the FULL RACE RESULT leaderboard ?

I havent seen any in forza3... only hotlap style.
the only thing that matters in a 15 lap race is the single best laptime? really?

I could write many more, but I wont. the thing is, many things are done wrong.

my question (rhetorical most probably) is will they be fixed?
I miss those leaderboards too, was always great to see how well you did compared to the world for that 6 lap R3 race around Suzuka or something.

p3tran

Banned
Jube3 said:
Yea I agree, hes one of the most active CMs ive ever seen in a community, hes done a ton for the forza community.

I've though of remaking that megaman car, it was my favorite car to drive.

man, my f2 profile was f#cked, and that sweetness was lost along with everything else, long before f3 arrived.

do the megaman tooie dude! (and my thing plz!!! :D )

I miss those leaderboards too, was always great to see how well you did compared to the world for that 6 lap R3 race around Suzuka or something.
you could see consistency (one of the virtues of racing) both for drivers AND cars.

if F3 was "evolved", then the leaderboards would have progressed to the next step, which is leaderboards per car model/per track/per class type. instead, .... oh well..

blanky

op_ivy said:
fanatec is pissing me off. we get updates on the wheel, but no updates on the rennsport stand. the website still says it will be in stock late october and i cant get any response from their customer support for an update. :/

Really? Because 1 or 2 weeks ago I got mine finally, whats your order number? (mine was 3700). Really sucks though, I dont like their shipment much. I wish they packed their adapter/pedal stopper with the stand because it was useless to me until i got the adapter (took and extra week!) Hope it'll get there soon for you

rise888

blanky said:
Really? Because 1 or 2 weeks ago I got mine finally, whats your order number? (mine was 3700). Really sucks though, I dont like their shipment much. I wish they packed their adapter/pedal stopper with the stand because it was useless to me until i got the adapter (took and extra week!) Hope it'll get there soon for you

So the Wheel Stand shipped before the wheel itself?

My order # is 3180 and I still haven't received my wheel stand either. Nor do I have any shipping notices about it. All it says on the 'my account' cart is Order #3180 (paid) and "Order History 09/18/2009 Pending"
I ordered the wheel stand, and two fanatec wheels (one is for a friend)

erahk64

op_ivy said:

Have you tried e-support@fanatec.com ?
I have used that email address 5 times and they have always replied within one week.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
blanky said:

~3500.

erahk64 said:
Have you tried e-support@fanatec.com ?
I have used that email address 5 times and they have always replied within one week.

i just used the "contact us" button and web form. i'll try that email.

blanky

rise888 said:

My order # is 3180 and I still haven't received my wheel stand either. Nor do I have any shipping notices about it. All it says on the 'my account' cart is Order #3180 (paid) and "Order History 09/18/2009 Pending"

Never ordered the wheel ;p. My status changed to Delivered, then a few days later i got 2 emails giving me an invoice and saying they were shipped nothing else.

erahk64

op_ivy said:
i just used the "contact us" button and web form. i'll try that email.

You get that email address by selecting "Support" on Fanatec main page, "Platform independent: Rennsport wheel stand" on the second web page and then Support Contact on the third web page.

It's confusing, but they are planning to launch an improved web site according to info at www.911wheel.com.

Falagard

dankir said:
My buddy and I did a comparison of the Forza 3 ( demo ) using the Microsoft wireless wheel vs. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III using the Logitech G25 wheel.

Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0FkZvGIIig

You should probably quit. The last review I watched was the ODST review. It started horribly by one of your guys (who wasn't even involved in the review because he hates Halo games so much) cutting down the game before the review even started.

Then in this review, one of the reviewers doesn't like sim racers and suggests buying neither game, but instead NFS or Midnight Club. That'll be the last time I watch one of your reviews.

Chrange

Banned
dankir said:
My buddy and I did a comparison of the Forza 3 ( demo ) using the Microsoft wireless wheel vs. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III using the Logitech G25 wheel.

Take a look

You're doing a head to head of a game that's already out by using the demo? :lol

I'm not going to bother watching the full thing, but I'm curious how you discussed Forza's tuning/modding/painting/storefront aspects based on just the demo lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Dina said:
Wouldn't bet on it. Turn 10 have been awfully quiet since the gamelaunch. Che's job on this board probably is over for the coming months.

I'm not really on the forums a lot these days. Doesn't mean I don't read them. :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
h3ro said:
He's getting jetski lessons in the Caribbean for Forza Watersport.

Che, when are we getting the next batch of VIP cars? :D

Working on the next VIP cars now.

Also, C class and a RWD only drift hopper going up today. :D

dankir

bj00rn_ said:
^^^^
Well, nice effort I guess, but I kinda feel like you should have started out at...buying the actual games..?

Well we didn't find it fair to compare the full version of Forza 3 to a GT:5 Prologue.

As for the footage we are filming it using an HD camera as per the other videos. We don't have a HD capture card.

That said it's all out footage.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Look what I got today! Forza t-shirt and a proper keyring!

T-shirt has a bright green 'Xbox' tag on the bottom left, and says Xbox 360 on the back. Keyring is soooo much better than the LE one. :(

4093243313_7321dfcdf7.jpg

dankir said:

Take a look

That was a fundamentally flawed comparison from the beginning and the fact one of the reviewers doesn't even play or understand sims makes it even more worthless. Sorry to say but that was a complete waste of time for you and those viewing it. When your underlying premise is as silly as this I would suggest it's better to just forget it and try and come up with something a little more relevant and interesting.

Iknos

Dina said:
Wouldn't bet on it. Turn 10 have been awfully quiet since the gamelaunch. Che's job on this board probably is over for the coming months.

A lot of us who have posted in this thread have been quiet.

We're all too busy playing the game. :lol

kinn

rise888 said:

I got the stand but nothing else.

And what do they mean by "ordered until September"? Does that include orders made in September or not? My order number is 3322 by the way.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I really wish the game carried on past level 50... even if it's just to go up levels with no rewards.

Boring looking at the end screen and seeing the progress bar for my driver and car level not going up. :(

blanky

duderon said:
I finished the FXX Trophy Cup today. That was intense, the AI were incredible bastards throughout.

Yeah I'm not really happy with the AI too much. Sure the lower guys make mistakes, but the "tougher" ones are just aggressive. They're almost as bad as the first corner guys on Xbox Live, I disliked it about FM2 and hoped with the "awareness" the AI supposedly gained I would not be pushed in uncontrollable slip anymore, though it does happen less. I just wish AI would resemble more the "difficulties" you face when you turn off assists. AI have perfect control of throttle and brake. They never lock up and they never have a teensy bit of oversteer to correct. Still though, the AI is very mature and hopefully these issues will be features next time. Cant wait to finish my work and get back to some racing :)

skyfinch

cjelly said:
I really wish the game carried on past level 50... even if it's just to go up levels with no rewards.

Boring looking at the end screen and seeing the progress bar for my driver and car level not going up. :(

Yep. Just going through the motions now. The game could easily have level 100 or even more.

Why are there so few players online? Currently there are around 500 players in the public multiplayer playlists combined, which seems pretty low for a game that must have sold more than a million. Is everybody playing MW2?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BrokenSymmetry said:
Why are there so few players online? Currently there are around 500 players in the public multiplayer playlists combined, which seems pretty low for a game that must have sold more than a million. Is everybody playing MW2?

Its always appeared to be <1000 people total playing online, which I'm still amazingly confused at as well.

ShapeGSX

enzo_gt said:
Its always appeared to be <1000 people total playing online, which I'm still amazingly confused at as well.

I'm always suspicious of the numbers reported in matchmaking. For all we know, that is matches with compatible pings, or in your region, etc...

Jube3

If I had to guess I would say that number is the people who are at that moment searching for a hopper to play or are waiting to start the hopper room. Its not counting the people already playing or in private rooms like COD.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
kinn said:
I got the stand but nothing else.

And what do they mean by "ordered until September"? Does that include orders made in September or not? My order number is 3322 by the way.
It said "until late September," so I'm assuming it means orders through at least mid-September. Whether it includes late Sept orders or not depends on your interpretation of the wording.

DerrickH

Neo Member
h3ro said:
He's getting jetski lessons in the Caribbean for Forza Watersport.

Che, when are we getting the next batch of VIP cars?
chespace said:
Working on the next VIP cars now.

Also, C class and a RWD only drift hopper going up today. :D

Wow, 5 minutes from question to answer. Those guys over on the Official Forza forums who have been waiting weeks for answers about multiplayer and tuning must be jealous as hell right now.

Is there a patch in the works and if so, whats on the list to be updated?

Jube3

DerrickH said:
Wow, 5 minutes from question to answer. Those guys over on the Official Forza forums who have been waiting weeks for answers about multiplayer and tuning must be jealous as hell right now.

Is there a patch in the works and if so, whats on the list to be updated?

sidefx and phredesign post pretty frequently over there. The guys over there dont want an answer, they want to hear what they want to hear. If its not that then you get a person making a new thread on that thread, which then someone creates a new thread, to adress the thread that is adressing that thread. And then followed by a thread based on that thread that shows turn 10 doesnt care lol. The FM general forum can be a vicious cycle lol.

The other sections of the board are filled with awesome stuff though, the photo, tuning and livery sections are great to browse around in and discuss.

Pepto

Banned
DerrickH said:
So what's wrong with tuning?

My friend has become literally obsessive about painting cars!

I rented this a couple of weeks back and surprisingly really liked it (could care less about F1 & F2). Think I'll be adding it to my Chrimbo list. The feeling of actually driving is quite unique - sounds strange but the cars all have a real 'weight' to them you simply don't get in other racing games.

Magni

p3tran said:
if F3 was "evolved", then the leaderboards would have progressed to the next step, which is leaderboards per car model/per track/per class type. instead, .... oh well..

I really really really wanted this *cries* What if I don't want to drive that leaderboard car, yet still compare myself to others? Leaderboards per car/track with a filter to only view the stock car times as well please? :) If not in a patch, then at least in Forza Motorsport 4 Forza Watersport? :D

DerrickH

Neo Member
Pepto said:
So what's wrong with tuning?

The main tuning problem is that you arent allowed to tune your car between multiplayer matches. Which is odd for a simulation racer where you may want to tweak your car for each track.

The only thing you can do is load a saved tuning setup, which is only feasable if you save a setup for each car on each track. And even then you cant make any changes to the tune. Wanna add some downforce or adjust the spring rates between racing on Maple Valley and Road Atlanta? Can't do it. Wanna have a session where you and friends hot lap around a course, tweaking your setup till you get it dialed in? Cant do it in F3.

And you could do all that in Forza 2. It really makes it difficult to get into F3 multiplayer for anything more than basic racing.

DerrickH

Neo Member
Pepto said:
I think separate setups is a better solution than tuning between races. It would slow down things too much.

It didnt slow down Forza 2. I'm not saying change the countdown timer. Let it tick off. But while the player is waiting , they should be able to use the tools that the game prides itself on.

For the separate tuning setup solution to be viable, you would need a different saved setup for each track, on each car. Forza has a hundred tracks and hundreds of cars to choose from. That doesnt seem better than just allowing the player to click on the tuning screen, ratchet up the wing angle, change a shift point and loosen the springs (again, something that was done regularly in F2 multiplayer)

It seems more like an oversight than a new, better direction.

The one thing I'm missing in Forza 3 is more support for racing stock cars. As mentioned before, leaderboards for each (stock) car would be great, but also races/playlists for stock cars, where everyone races the same car. As it stands, only the time trials in Forza 3 offer a real "driver's challenge" where everyone has exactly the same car.

NFS Shift also has tons of upgrading and tuning stuff, but in the multiplayer in that game, you can create a "Manufacturer's race" where everyone uses the same stock car as the host. That's the only multiplayer mode I'm using in that game.

Zel3

Was able to complete the A class endurance race without a pitstop. :lol I seriously thought I was going to run out on that last lap.

Top Bottom