• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Spades

Shortt and I are happy to unveil our championship contender, the Mediocre Motorsport Formula Ford, based loosely on the 90's Marlboro racing liveries:

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo4_500.jpg

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo3_500.jpg

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

#20 Spades
#25 Shortt Sirket

Both Mediocre Motorsport drivers' aim for the season ahead is to "not finish last". The only thing that is guaranteed is that they both can't finish last.

Shortt and I are happy to unveil our championship contender, the Mediocre Motorsport Formula Ford, based loosely on the 90's Marlboro racing liveries:

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo4_500.jpg

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo3_500.jpg

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n7bx3oqK4D1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

#20 Spades
#25 Shortt Sirket

Both Mediocre Motorsport drivers' aim for the season ahead is to "not finish last". The only thing that is guaranteed is that they both can't finish last.

Man, that is looking fantastic! Great stuff.

zorbsie

No formula Ford... This is spades baby, the miata is zorbs starting end of July...

At least that's what I think is happening
This is correct. Although having two seasons at once might be confusing. We'll do the MX-Cup season after the FF season is done with.

My ninja. Knew I could count on you to help. Anyone know how to view telemetry from watching a replay??
Does up on the Dpad not bring it up? I haven't really tried that before. Also it might only work for the racer that recorded the replay.

I did the 2.4hr Le Mans race last night. It was really intense. I had to pit twice during the race and found out a pit stop is not long enough for a bathroom break. lol. It was really intense for the first 2 or 3 laps. Then people started dropping out. I ended up winning the race for my class. It wasn't because I was so much faster than everyone else I just didn't quit out. By the end of the race there was only 3 R class cars and 2 or 3 P class cars. Still glad I did it. Forgot to look at the payout but I think it was pretty huge. Could have sworn that I only had 26 million before the race and after I had 30. But 4M winnings sounds crazy. On a side note how do you change classes in multi class races? Is it determined by the server or can the users change it?

Lima

This is correct. Although having two seasons at once might be confusing. We'll do the MX-Cup season after the FF season is done with.

Does up on the Dpad not bring it up? I haven't really tried that before. Also it might only work for the racer that recorded the replay.

I did the 2.4hr Le Mans race last night. It was really intense. I had to pit twice during the race and found out a pit stop is not long enough for a bathroom break. lol. It was really intense for the first 2 or 3 laps. Then people started dropping out. I ended up winning the race for my class. It wasn't because I was so much faster than everyone else I just didn't quit out. By the end of the race there was only 3 R class cars and 2 or 3 P class cars. Still glad I did it. Forgot to look at the payout but I think it was pretty huge. Could have sworn that I only had 26 million before the race and after I had 30. But 4M winnings sounds crazy. On a side note how do you change classes in multi class races? Is it determined by the server or can the users change it?

Payout was something around 70k, depends on your assists. 60k XP since that is the max you can get in one go.

You can't change the class in multi class races. It is randomly chosen by the server.

You wanna do the Nurburgring one this weekend?

zorbsie

You can't change the class in multi class races. It is randomly chosen by the server.

You wanna do the Nurburgring one this weekend?

I figured it was server picked, I couldn't find an option to change it anywhere. And hell yes I want to do the Nurburgring on the weekend. Sadly I have to wait till the kids are asleep otherwise I'll have them climbing all over me mid race. which probably wouldn't hurt my skill level :)

Lima

I figured it was server picked, I couldn't find an option to change it anywhere. And hell yes I want to do the Nurburgring on the weekend. Sadly I have to wait till the kids are asleep otherwise I'll have them climbing all over me mid race. which probably wouldn't hurt my skill level :)

Alright let me know so we can race together. Anyone else that wants to jump in too?

After messing with the settings and such on the Formula Ford, it appears that the differential and brakes are the only thing that cannot be tuned. Should we allow upgrades to those two to make the car fully adjustable? At the least we should probably allow the LSD upgrade because I am pretty sure you can do that upgrade without changing the PI at all so it would be hard to enforce.

After messing with the settings and such on the Formula Ford, it appears that the differential and brakes are the only thing that cannot be tuned. Should we allow upgrades to those two to make the car fully adjustable? At the least we should probably allow the LSD upgrade because I am pretty sure you can do that upgrade without changing the PI at all so it would be hard to enforce.

Any thoughts?

Spades

One other idea that I had was having one joker track in the season. As a team, you decide which track you want to be your joker. You then both score double points for that event only.

One other idea that I had was having one joker track in the season. As a team, you decide which track you want to be your joker. You then both score double points for that event only.

Hmm...combined with the dropping of the lowest score, this could be really interesting.

Top Bottom