• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Oh man, outstanding. Hahaha! Rivals is my very favorite thing to do in this game... I have friends that I consider my own evil rivals of doom, so I feel your pain. I'm just glad you're racing my ghost rather than my Drivatar. I've heard he's quite the prick. Which is funny because I don't drive like that at all, I'm a very clean racer when possible.

Speaking of first cars, they have a version of my first car in here too- the Mercedes 190e Cosworth. It's awesome driving cars in games where they feel sort of familiar... I always drive a red 1st gen Miata in the game for this reason, as that's my daily driver now :)

This is the car your ghost is in mostly. I just started playing so I am doing the small car class races first. Your ghost is super chill and then after lap 2 just hits the gas and is gone.

Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll
Cyros
SarBear
CrudeDiatribe

OK! 2 more spots left!

If I had to pick the teams as of now, I would do:

frontieruk / p3tran
soundscream / SarBear
Flying Toaster / CrudeDiatribe
Shortt Sirket / zorbsie
BIGT468 / RWB993
Spades / Cushen
Devildoll / Cyros

I think it might be a good mix of new/old and fast/slower. Of course, I have no idea how fast the new people are so it might not be completely fair.

Shortt Sirket, looks good. I am horribly new to this game though so my partner better be patient and perhaps partake in ritualistic black magic to help our cause.

If I had to pick the teams as of now, I would do:

frontieruk / p3tran
soundscream / SarBear
Flying Toaster / CrudeDiatribe
Shortt Sirket / zorbsie
BIGT468 / RWB993
Spades / Cushen
Devildoll / Cyros

I think it might be a good mix of new/old and fast/slower. Of course, I have no idea how fast the new people are so it might not be completely fair.
Racist!

Wait, you're Mexican?
But seriously, I had no idea you were even black. lol

And keep that attitude up and we WILL put you with Crude. Yeah, what now sucka?

Sure, sure next it will be we have to start at the back of the pack. Its a shame your so close minded its 2014.......... HELLO!

SarBear

Whomever is unlucky enough to be my team mate is going to have to commit to driving lessons at least once per week. Full replay analysis and whatever other bullshit I can come up with.

And black or not.....soundscream if you prefer Chevy over ford......I will sabotage each and every race you have. Shit is deep, bruh.

Whomever is unlucky enough to be my team mate is going to have to commit to driving lessons at least once per week. Full replay analysis and whatever other bullshit I can come up with.

And black or not.....soundscream if you prefer Chevy over ford......I will sabotage each and every race you have. Shit is deep, bruh.

Mustang > Camaro

But aside from that Chevy > Ford

Mustang > Camaro

But aside from that Chevy > Ford

.....I can live with that.

If only world peace could be achieved so easily...

frontieruk

Can I sign up for lessons?

When will we know teams? I need to prep my team mate with a decent 12 year single malt scotch and come up with the most heinously bad car paint job known to man.

Devildoll

Hey, how do you get Twitch to save your past broadcasts? Mine keep getting removed after a few weeks.

while logged in, you go to the clip in question, and hit this
oTUsBRn.png

And regarding the race, this race had damage on and i got rammed twice in the butt by prototypes in the beginning.
so i spent two HOURS! catching up to everyone else, when i finally do, i go into the pits and simultaneously accept a party invite from pal, the game then becomes unresponsive so i hit the xbox button to disconnect and then reconnect the controller, cause that usually helps, problem is i hit "console off" instead of "controller off"
.... atleast i got the achievement.
and Phredesign popped onto the twitch chat and handed me 100k ingame !

zorbsie

How did you go about doing it? I set a clean lap of 7:09 in the R section of the Rivals event.

You have to set that time in the P1 rival. I forget the name, but it's not in the R section of rivals. The name you should be looking for is in the achievement description. I want to say it's under spec rivals.

And regarding the race, this race had damage on and i got rammed twice in the butt by prototypes in the beginning.
so i spent two HOURS! catching up to everyone else, when i finally do, i go into the pits and simultaneously accept a party invite from pal, the game then becomes unresponsive so i hit the xbox button to disconnect and then reconnect the controller, cause that usually helps, problem is i hit "console off" instead of "controller off"
.... atleast i got the achievement.
and Phredesign popped onto the twitch chat and handed me 100k ingame !

That is really cool. I wish I had the time to do this race. Is it in multiplayer? I have a horrible feeling of joining a room and having to wait an hour just for the race to start.

Spades

That is really cool. I wish I had the time to do this race. Is it in multiplayer? I have a horrible feeling of joining a room and having to wait an hour just for the race to start.

Yeah I had to join about 15-20 rooms before I found one that was not in progress and was ready to start!

SarBear

6:48 on the first lap, but man i need work with this car! This thing is kinda unruly.

6:40 2nd lap, dirty.....making progress here.

Spades

Guys, is everyone free for a Formula Ford test race next Sunday (22nd June), just to try out the format and race length, etc?

Is there really no gift cars for completing series? Very poor decision from them. I usually complete even the boring series just to get a special gift car that can't be purchased from the store

shandy706

Oh man, outstanding. Hahaha! Rivals is my very favorite thing to do in this game... I have friends that I consider my own evil rivals of doom, so I feel your pain. I'm just glad you're racing my ghost rather than my Drivatar. I've heard he's quite the prick. Which is funny because I don't drive like that at all, I'm a very clean racer when possible.

Speaking of first cars, they have a version of my first car in here too- the Mercedes 190e Cosworth. It's awesome driving cars in games where they feel sort of familiar... I always drive a red 1st gen Miata in the game for this reason, as that's my daily driver now :)

I wanted to pick on you in the other thread...but it took me a minute to find a pic from weeks ago.

My wife is also a gamer, a pretty good one, but she doesn't do Forza 5.

Anyway, was going to sarcastically say "Don't feel bad, this is the best I've managed." :p

o93c.jpg

Spades

OK guys, as I know you're all keen to get started with your team name/livery, I'm going to go ahead and call it at 14 drivers. If we get 2 latecomers, they can just team up together.

Code:
Spades
Shortt Sirket
Flying Toaster
frontieruk
BIGT468
zorbsie
RWB993
Cushen
p3tran
soundscream
Devildoll
Cyros
SarBear
CrudeDiatribe

I'm going to find a way to randomise these and I'll post the results in a few minutes.

Spades

I used this randomising site and these are the results:

Team 1
SarBear
frontieruk

Team 2
Spades
Shortt Sirket

Team 3
Cyros
soundscream

Team 4
Devildoll
BIGT468

Team 5
Cushen
CrudeDiatribe

Team 6
RWB993
zorbsie

Team 7
p3tran
Flying Toaster

Everyone cool? Seems pretty balanced to me!

Spades

Reminder:

With your team-mate you now need to decide
- your team name
- design a team livery
- driver #'s

Shortt and I will be taking #20 and #25.

I'll set up a website for league tables, etc. I'm exited :D

zorbsie

Sadly I'll miss the first race. But am pumped for this set of races. Also glad I'm not doing anything this time :)

Time to work on a livery, hopefully RWB993 is cool with it.

Top Bottom