• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

p3tran

Banned
so we are running the ford formula. but how?
oem h/w, stock tuning settings
oem h/w, tuned
aftermarket parts, tuned (what class)

I'm still keeping 40 as my number.
and flying toaster, you good with liveries?

Spades

oem h/w, tuned

Not sure yet mate. I want to keep an even playing field so we'll have the same settings each.

Do you want to tune a few up and share them so we can test out a few different alternatives? I want to use whatever will provide the closest and safest racing!

Not sure yet mate. I want to keep an even playing field so we'll have the same settings each.

Do you want to tune a few up and share them so we can test out a few different alternatives? I want to use whatever will provide the closest and safest racing!

I would say that we should keep them completely stock but let people test/tune their own setups.

oem h/w, tuned

I am absolutely horrid at them, but I think I am going to spend some time trying to work it out.

As p3tran is taking 40. I will take 44.

Are we allowed to put sponsership on our cars? I would love to have Black Mesa Science and CERN labratories... Cause you know nothing man made goes faster than a particle accelerator.

Spades

I am absolutely horrid at them, but I think I am going to spend some time trying to work it out.

As p3tran is taking 40. I will take 44.

Are we allowed to put sponsership on our cars? I would love to have Black Mesa Science and CERN labratories... Cause you know nothing man made goes faster than a particle accelerator.

No restrictions on liveries as long as they are matching (apart from numbers, of course). I'm going to suggest one driver has yellow/green mirrors as well to help identify one from the other.

frontieruk

Whomever is unlucky enough to be my team mate is going to have to commit to driving lessons at least once per week. Full replay analysis and whatever other bullshit I can come up with.

And black or not.....soundscream if you prefer Chevy over ford......I will sabotage each and every race you have. Shit is deep, bruh.

W00t I didn't need to sign up I won lessons and abuse! ;)

EBreda

Man, I would really like to join you guys for some racing.
Is there a way? Or it's all very professional like with no room for amateurs?

frontieruk

Man, I would really like to join you guys for some racing.
Is there a way? Or it's all very professional like with no room for amateurs?

please read the two posts above yours.. pro's don't get beaten like [edited for no bans] when they fail to perform ;)

there is room for one more team, but there'd need to be another player, and I'm not running the event, but I'm sure if someone else pipes up Spades would slot you both in :)

Else Zorbs will be running the Solo championship again once this finishes which is a free for all with Time trials also counting to championship scoring.

p3tran

Banned

ok, I did a tuned/upgraded to S800 version aiming to keep drivability over absolute speed.
I did a high 2:03 testing it, so that puts it in the top 500 leaderboard for sure, and there is at least a bit more left to it as I was drifting away in a lot of turns :)
I think also for A class I have up both a "street legal" version and one with full aero too.
test and see.
but remember there is always the option to "force stock upgrade parts and stock tuning", because tuning settings alone in this car can create quite a performance gap per track, even if no upgrade parts are used. that is in the case we wanna keep the playing field as level as possible.

edit: so I checked and the S800 is #383 and A700 is #590 on their respective leaderboads

getphoto.ashxnbpu9.jpg

ok, I did a tuned/upgraded to S800 version aiming to keep drivability over absolute speed.
I did a high 2:03 testing it, so that puts it in the top 500 leaderboard for sure, and there is at least a bit more left to it as I was drifting away in a lot of turns :)
I think also for A class I have up both a "street legal" version and one with full aero too.
test and see.
but remember there is always the option to "force stock upgrade parts and stock tuning", because tuning settings alone in this car can create quite a performance gap per track, even if no upgrade parts are used. that is in the case we wanna keep the playing field as level as possible.

edit: so I checked and the S800 is #383 and A700 is #590 on their respective leaderboads

I like the paint job. Very cool.

p3tran

Banned
oh, about the paint job, if we go with the aero parts there is no painting the mirrors. (spades)
you have to get the road legal bodykit for that.

flying toaster,let me see if I can make a team emblem out of the skull...

EBreda

please read the two posts above yours.. pro's don't get beaten like [edited for no bans] when they fail to perform ;)

there is room for one more team, but there'd need to be another player, and I'm not running the event, but I'm sure if someone else pipes up Spades would slot you both in :)

Else Zorbs will be running the Solo championship again once this finishes which is a free for all with Time trials also counting to championship scoring.

Nice. If you're missing someone for the FF test race, I could fill in the gap, even it the full series is complete.

Just PM me and I'll join. I suck at tuning though, I would politely ask someone to share.

Spades

oh, about the paint job, if we go with the aero parts there is no painting the mirrors. (spades)
you have to get the road legal bodykit for that.

flying toaster,let me see if I can make a team emblem out of the skull...

OK, well we can paint the top of the rollbar yellow or something perhaps?

lem0n

I wanted to pick on you in the other thread...but it took me a minute to find a pic from weeks ago.

My wife is also a gamer, a pretty good one, but she doesn't do Forza 5.

Anyway, was going to sarcastically say "Don't feel bad, this is the best I've managed." :p

o93c.jpg

HAhahah nice work man! Yeah that thread got closed pretty quickly, it's a shame since I had high hopes for that one. But once gramr edited the title, I knew it was all over.

Sadly I'll miss the first race. But am pumped for this set of races. Also glad I'm not doing anything this time :)

Time to work on a livery, hopefully RWB993 is cool with it.
Awesome, yes go to town! I'll rock anything on my cars but ponies or anime characters LOL. If you need my help with anything, just message me. My GT is VirtualxRacer, by the way.

zorbsie

Awesome, yes go to town! I'll rock anything on my cars but ponies or anime characters LOL. If you need my help with anything, just message me. My GT is VirtualxRacer, by the way.

Cool. My GT is zorbs. I'll send you a request later today. I hope you like Canadian retailers. :)
Also for any of the new folks make sure to check out the Forza GAF players list. PM your info if you want to be added to it.

Edit: Spades, has number 31 been taken yet? I wanted to go with that if it's still open.

lem0n

Cool. My GT is zorbs. I'll send you a request later today. I hope you like Canadian retailers. :)
Also for any of the new folks make sure to check out the Forza GAF players list. PM your info if you want to be added to it.

Edit: Spades, has number 31 been taken yet? I wanted to go with that if it's still open.
Heh, that works for me. I would laugh at "WalMart, eh" or some such nonsense. I'll send you a request right now since I'm on. Oh, and PM coming your way with details to fill in the google doc :]

Lima

Anyone up to race in the 2.4 hours Nürburgring on the weekend? Just finished my race in the Le Mans one and that was intense. Had a really good lobby too without any intentional crashing and a really clean and good racer with the Corvette battling for first in my 458 Italia.

He always got me on the straights but I caught up in the second half of the track due to better aerodynamics.

SarBear

W00t I didn't need to sign up I won lessons and abuse! ;)

Are we friends?

What's your gamertag?

What time zone are you in?

Can you send me a replay (is this possible?) Of you doing a lap in an A class car or better on Sebring?

What's going to be the name of this season's winners (our team)?

Rubbing's racing.

Are you riding manual + clutch?

Hopefully you're not as bad as Short Sirket.

Bring Vaseline.

Are we friends?

What's your gamertag?

Can you send me a replay (is this possible?) Of you doing a lap in an A class car or better on Sebring?

Rubbing's racing.

Bring Vaseline.

Hey, hey, hey...

Very few people are as bad as I am!

frontieruk

Are we friends?

What's your gamertag?

Rubbing's racing.

Bring Vaseline.

There are no friends in racing... (I'll send a request later)

Frontieruk

GMT+1 (BST as we like to call it this time of year)

I'll make one available when I get home from work.

Team name? No idea... Rubbing is racing ?

You can keep your private life to yourself ;)

Just manual

Couldn't comment

I've only got KY jelly will that do?

I love that we're all pissing about with liveries and then Poul is asking for replays to analyse the performance of his team-mate.

Dead Poul always goes HAM on here. Dude is unstoppable!

I really need to get some practice in with the FF soon, I haven't been able to play as much as I would like lately.

p3tran

Banned
I love that we're all pissing about with liveries and then Poul is asking for replays to analyse the performance of his team-mate.
yeah, and the funny thing being he wont even show up for the races :ppppPpp

Almost Rank/Level 100... Almost.
level 100 means ..nothing in forza?
edit: oh, I see there is an achievement there, as there is one more for reaching driver level 150... been so long I got those I totally forgot about them.. :)
keep on drivin' JC :D

yeah, and the funny thing being he wont even show up for the races :ppppPpp

level 100 means ..nothing in forza?
edit: oh, I see there is an achievement there, as there is one more for reaching driver level 150... been so long I got those I totally forgot about them.. :)
keep on drivin' JC :D

Shots fired... Don't worry buddy when he comes after you I will slip past his crew and loosen his lug nuts.

So, I go into work today, and my friend sells me his Xbox. Says he wants to buy another system. So I did him a favor. Then I bought Forza.

Glad to be back, if only for a week or so ForzaGaf. :)

So, I go into work today, and my friend sells me his Xbox. Says he wants to buy another system. So I did him a favor. Then I bought Forza.

Glad to be back, if only for a week or so ForzaGaf. :)

HOLY SHIT man, we were just talking about you in one of our races! Where have ya been?

Talking about how slow I was LOL I see

Brother I've been in Bahrain for about a year, just paying the bills. How is everyone?

Jesus of all the places to be.

Some of us are brand new to the game and love it. I can't speak for everyone but the turnout for this upcoming league is pretty good.

Bahrain ain't bad. The track is awesome though. So is Yas Marina. Fantastic tracks. I was out to sea for the Bahrain GP, but I'm going to try and make the Abu Dhabi GP. We'll see.

I just did a few races, and I'm rusty LOL but I'll get it back.I wish you guys the best in your league, one day I'll join again!

SarBear

Bahrain ain't bad. The track is awesome though. So is Yas Marina. Fantastic tracks. I was out to sea for the Bahrain GP, but I'm going to try and make the Abu Dhabi GP. We'll see.

I just did a few races, and I'm rusty LOL but I'll get it back.I wish you guys the best in your league, one day I'll join again!

Holy shit. Bro im just glad youre alive.

SarBear

Hell yes brother, no way I'd die and not let you guys know about it ;). You doing well playboy? Eating well, I hope?

Shit, after going back to jail I have been on a very narrow path with all kinds of opportunities man. You wouldn't believe the turn around. Eating myself into an early grave would be more appropriate. Lol.

Where's the Birdman gifs?

Shit, after going back to jail I have been on a very narrow path with all kinds of opportunities man. You wouldn't believe the turn around. Eating myself into an early grave would be more appropriate. Lol.

Where's the Birdman gifs?

Brrrrr LOL

Looks like we're both back were we belong. I promise to not go two years without posting. Starting tomorrow I'll start losing to your rival times, just like old times.

Spades

So I've created a design (all original work, nothing downloaded) and it just won't let me share it. It keeps giving me the really helpful "Please try again later" message. I'm able to upload other designs no problem, but not this one. I've tried renaming it, re-saving it but it's still happening.

Really pissing me off. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom