• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

There should be an option to populate the races with only people you know. Whenever I get friends they are in the back of the pack, despite some of them doing top 100 rivals times. It's just strange.

You mustn't forget that the more you play and race, the more money your Drivatar is supposed to make you in the Drivatar rewards, meaning that if you race more, your Drivatar gets pulled from the cloud and into other people's races more often. At the same time, if you are among the ~3 million players of FM5+FH2, but basically never play, your Drivatar still is supposed to get pulled every now and then.

As it is, I have the same problem with the system you have, but despite our personal annoyance you have to see that those Drivatar rewards might mean a lot to the non-VIP/non-long-time-Forza-reward gamers.

Maybe they should get rid of the Drivatar rewards and replace it with something else. A weekly reward depending on the level and up-to-dateness of your Drivatar sync could proof beneficial to the whole AI system. People might start to look up on which track their Drivatar sync is still and do a couple of laps there to get higher rewards which would lead to less AI cars doing something like the Laguna Seca first U-turn barrier crash and be stuck there for the rest of the race... or learning puddle placement on wet tracks.

danowat

Banned
You mustn't forget that the more you play and race, the more money your Drivatar is supposed to make you in the Drivatar rewards, meaning that if you race more, your Drivatar gets pulled from the cloud and into other people's races more often. At the same time, if you are among the ~3 million players of FM5+FH2, but basically never play, your Drivatar still is supposed to get pulled every now and then.

As it is, I have the same problem with the system you have, but despite our personal annoyance you have to see that those Drivatar rewards might mean a lot to the non-VIP/non-long-time-Forza-reward gamers.

Maybe they should get rid of the Drivatar rewards and replace it with something else. A weekly reward depending on the level and up-to-dateness of your Drivatar sync could proof beneficial to the whole AI system. People might start to look up on which track their Drivatar sync is still and do a couple of laps there to get higher rewards which would lead to less AI cars doing something like the Laguna Seca first U-turn barrier crash and be stuck there for the rest of the race... or learning puddle placement on wet tracks.

Drivatar awards are a waste, even if you're drivatar appears in loads of races, you still get a pittance, when the game chucks out money like it does, the small award you get from your drivatar is a drop in the ocean.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Drivatar awards are a waste, even if you're drivatar appears in loads of races, you still get a pittance, when the game chucks out money like it does, the small award you get from your drivatar is a drop in the ocean.

Yeah, I think the most I got was about 17k for 29 races in FH2 and that was from not playing for a few days.

danowat

Banned
The forza reward system is broken and so full of RNG it's pointless.

I like the late game wheelspins, they are just amazing, I normally get between 25k and 75k on the normal spins, and then, when you hit a 5 or 0 level, you get a spin with two completely worthless cars!

The whole economy, how you are rewarded, and how they motivate you to compete is a mess.

I don't really have any major gripes with the economy. I like it better than FM5.

I have like 18m credits and would have double that if I hadn't spent so much on mod packs -- F U Back of the Pack mod and that stupid cheevo.

I do think the 1m prize is too rare. I'm about level 285 now and have only hit it twice. On the other hand, in the last 25 levels, I've gotten two special spins that resulted in cars worth more than 1m each.

I do think the 1m prize is too rare. I'm about level 285 now and have only hit it twice. On the other hand, in the last 25 levels, I've gotten two special spins that resulted in cars worth more than 1m each.

I have written down my levels and spin winnings for my last 25 levels now. When I'm at 50 levels, I will spend almost all of my credits and see if it changes how much money I win for the next +50 levels.
Get ready for graphs, histogram charts, standard deviation and so on until the end of this year.

I was already thinking of recording video of the spins and checking the randomness before and after the button press for some levels, but I'm too lazy for that method ...it would almost seem like work and not fun math stuff to me, especially with my german upload speeds and still no background uploading to OneDrive.

witness

I was really hoping yesterday that they would have dropped some surprise DeLorean dlc for both 6 and Horizon 2. It was in 4 so I was hoping they could bring it back.

RawNuts

How do you check fuel in this game?

I was doing the Daytona endurance race and car stopped after 12 laps.
It's represented by the bar underneath the speedometer.
In their pursuit of a minimalist GUI design, they haven't made it distinguishable by any icons, so I don't blame people for not knowing.

veidi

Whats the best way to share your photos taken?
The Forza Gallery is only viewable when you are logged in.
I would like to show them a friend over the internet, how do you do this?

danowat

Banned
Whats the best way to share your photos taken?
The Forza Gallery is only viewable when you are logged in.
I would like to show them a friend over the internet, how do you do this?

You can do it a couple of ways, you can copy and paste a link from the gallery and post it on a forum or an email, or you could just download the image from your gallery and share it that way.

You don't have to be logged in to view photos from other people.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Yeah, I have 10.000 km done, lots of career races and barely get 20 races of Drivatar participation. Average payout is 5k. Once I had 320 races and got 17k. It's generally a lot less than Forza 5.

danowat

Banned
Why is this thread so dead compared to previous Forzas?

Well, could be a couple of reasons, could be that the game is just good and people are just playing it, or it could be that it actually hasn't sold at all well, and not many people are playing it.

I've not seen any sales figures that I would rely in, but the rumour is that it hasn't sold at all well, and I can almost believe this, as the leaderboards and online don't seem anywhere near as busy as previous versions.

You could argue that FM6 isn't dynamic enough to attract a wider audience, the additions they've made are slight, a handful of tracks with night time and some non-dynamic weather on a few tracks is pretty much the sum of the changes over previous iterations.

Be interested to see how they tackle FM7.

veidi

You can do it a couple of ways, you can copy and paste a link from the gallery and post it on a forum or an email, or you could just download the image from your gallery and share it that way.

You don't have to be logged in to view photos from other people.

Mkay thanks, every photo has the same name "getphoto" xD why even bother to enter a filename when you save it in forza.

When i click on community -> gallery I am asked to log in.
I sent the link from my gallery to a friend and he only sees the Forza4 picture.
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/gallery/el%20veidi

Is a direct upload to onedrive on the xbox possible?
Sorry for these old questions, but I am at work now.

danowat

Banned
Mkay thanks, every photo has the same name "getphoto" xD why even bother to enter a filename when you save it in forza.

When i click on community -> gallery I am asked to log in.
I sent the link from my gallery to a friend and he only sees the Forza4 picture.
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/gallery/el%20veidi

Is a direct upload to onedrive on the xbox possible?
Sorry for these old questions, but I am at work now.

Firstly, are you sure you've uploaded it?, because there are no FM6 shots in your gallery, just FH2 and FM4 ones.

You can upload directly to Onedrive if you use the xbox's screenshot facility, rather than uploading it from FM6.

The gallery gives the link http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=316515&full=true

and if you wrap IMG tags around it, it shows thus

GetPhoto.ashx

If you're struggling, visit your own gallery, click on the picture, let it load, right click, save target / file as (depends on browser) and share it that way.

veidi

Firstly, are you sure you've uploaded it?, because there are no FM6 shots in your gallery, just FH2 and FM4 ones.

You can upload directly to Onedrive if you use the xbox's screenshot facility, rather than uploading it from FM6.

Yeah my Forza 6 shots are lost =/
I am sure i already had some there. Last week I got the NXOE preview, maybe this has something to do with it.
Yesterday i tried to check it ingame over the In-home streaming, but the controller didn´t work in forza 6 -.- so I went to sleep.
I will check this right after work.

So with an microsoft account you can see more than the forza4 shot, very strange.

Dubz

Have they patched out the insanely good lead driver yet? I stopped playing because on certain races, no matter how good I was doing, I was still many seconds behind the lead driver.

danowat

Banned
Have they patched out the insanely good lead driver yet? I stopped playing because on certain reaches, no matter how good I was doin, I was still many seconds behind the lead driver.

That doesn't seem to be much of a problem any more, but the AI is still woefully unbalanced.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm not sure TBH, I keep meaning to try it, but keep forgetting, I was under the impression you could set trigger deadzones on the standard pad?

Nope :(

And on the subject of triggers, my brother was playing with my controller the other day and he made note about how much more sensitive my triggers are compared to his. Maybe it's something wrong with specific controllers? I don't know, what I do know is my triggers are absolutely awful.

It's said you're supposed to mash down on the pedals and fully depress them to calibrate thier distance of travel when using a wheel.

Have you tried doing that with the triggers while the game is booting up?

danowat

Banned
Nope :(

And on the subject of triggers, my brother was playing with my controller the other day and he made note about how much more sensitive my triggers are compared to his. Maybe it's something wrong with specific controllers? I don't know, what I do know is my triggers are absolutely awful.

Shame, my brakes generally lock up at around a 1/3 of the trigger travel, which is pretty unique to Forza, and it does make things quite challenging.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
It's said you're supposed to mash down on the pedals and fully depress them to calibrate thier distance of travel when using a wheel.

Have you tried doing that with the triggers while the game is booting up?

Been doing since OG xbox :p

Shame, my brakes generally lock up at around a 1/3 of the trigger travel, which is pretty unique to Forza, and it does make things quite challenging.

I get lock up at about half travel. Compared to FM4 (the last forza I nerded up) which was something like 90% travel.

witness

The reason that I fell off the wagon quicker than any forza game I've played before is because of the lackluster career and the lack of free play options. If you had options in free play like picking a specific type of cars;hot hatch, sedan, sports car, V8 super car, etc then at least you can race against the cars you want. Forced upgrades to the top of the class also discourages people like me who like to keep their car close to stock to be more like real life. Having to finish in 1-3 also is a bad decision. I don't understand how Horizon 2 got all of this stuff right and T10 just whiffed on all of it. Most of my issues can be patched outout, these options existed before and should be put back in.

leng jai

I commented on the thread being super slow like a week after launch. I too have given up on the game a bit due to how tedious the career mode is.

danowat

Banned
I commented on the thread being super slow like a week after launch. I too have given up on the game a bit due to how tedious the career mode is.

I don't get the comments when the game was first released that the career is less grindy, it's nothing but a grind.

And you checked to make sure you don't accidentally have bad settings for the acceleration/deceleration axis dead zones?

leng jai

I don't get the comments when the game was first released that the career is less grindy, it's nothing but a grind.

It's literally just a bunch of races where you have to try and come at least third every time. It's ultra repetitive with zero sense of progression.

It's literally just a bunch of races where you have to try and come at least third every time. It's ultra repetitive with zero sense of progression.

The fun is in the racing.

I'm still having a good time with the career and will start focusing on Rivals when I'm done with that.

Mascot

It doesn't seem to have captured the imagination of ANY of my Bone-owning friends, who were all mad Forza fans in the past (as was I). I wouldn't be surprised if sales weren't great, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if they were off the scale either.

Maybe semi-night and semi-weather weren't enough to excite people?

*shrugs*

Edit: and maybe people who grew up with Forza are now that little bit older and more mature, so the liberties with realism aren't as interesting any more? Maybe pCARS has taken those people?

Who knows. There is a definite feeling of general apathy though.

DALBEN

Banned
Sorry but I am kind of proud of this picture. It was selected as a Turn 10 pick which made my day because I have tried and struggled with quality photos in all the Forza's. So here is my pic. I'm a big boy so criticize all you want because I've long struggled with Forza's photo made attempting to take half way decent shots.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=963770&full=true

Wow, great picture man, im having a lot of fun with fm6 :), great game, i wish i had more time to play ;(.

Sorry but I am kind of proud of this picture. It was selected as a Turn 10 pick which made my day because I have tried and struggled with quality photos in all the Forza's. So here is my pic. I'm a big boy so criticize all you want because I've long struggled with Forza's photo made attempting to take half way decent shots.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?game=fm6&id=963770&full=true

Cool pic. Congratulations on getting selected.

I'd add a caveat to that statement.

"if the AI was better"

I like the AI. It's not perfect, but there's no way it undermines the experience.

Name a racing AI system on the market now that doesn't have blindspots.

GHG

Gold Member

That came from many of us being surprised at how good the showcase races in general were.

Just a shame there aren't enough of them and the majority of the career mode is still a grind fest.

danowat

Banned
I like the AI. It's not perfect, but there's no way it undermines the experience.

Name a racing AI system on the market now that doesn't have blindspots.

I disagree, I think it does undermine the experience, it's just so unbalanced and the AI has some real issues with some tracks, I reckon it's arguably one of the worst iterations of AI in a racing game currently.

There isn't a game with perfect AI, for sure, but at least the AI in other games, namely PCars gives a realistic spread of times throughout the field, and you can actually get a solid, close and exciting race that lasts more than a couple of corners.

The AI in FM6 are either super human and pull away, or they give up and drop back, this is so apparent toward the end of a race when the whole field is so spread out.

Drivatars need dropping, they just don't offer a decent racing experience.

danowat

Banned
Anyone know any sales figures?, or got any example of leaderboard figures between this and 5?.

Genuinely interested to know how it's done commercially.

nib95

Banned
Reading the numerous impressions in this thread, they seem in stark contrast to a lot of the reviews this game received, and even impressions from the Horizon 2 OT after its release (the vast majority being highly favourable). The overriding sentiment here being somewhat more negative. It's definitely confirmed my plan to buy Forza Horizon 2 first, and get to Forza 6 later, likely after a heavy price drop.

Top Bottom