• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
There was an accident outside my house on Christmas Eve of all days. Bike went straight into a car. Thought he was a gonner but literally sat up after about 10 mins of being worked on by medics like the Undertaker in WWE.

Here is a pic from my window, don't worry there is nothing bad - just to give you a sense of the attendance.

XpRAcC3.jpg

Last edited:
I listen to some techno when I was in my late teens, have not listened it before or since, no idea why I did it, but it fucked my hearing somewhat don't have tinnitus though
i've fucked my hearing up from going to gigs and playing in bands. we used to play together in my bedroom. full sized drum kit and guitar amps up enough to match the drums. it was very loud.

Last edited by a moderator:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i've fucked my hearing up from going to gigs and playing in bands. we used to play together in my bedroom. full sized drum kit and guitar amps up enough to match the drums. it was very loud.

Damn that's sucks man.

Why the suprised emoji? Isn't tinnitus dynamic in it's manifestation?

Like you said in your initial post. "Right now".

I think i have it sometimes when I hit the hay. But I'm not sure really...

I had a friend who almost contemplated suicide because he couldn't bear it.. Damn...

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I listen to some techno when I was in my late teens, have not listened it before or since, no idea why I did it, but it fucked my hearing somewhat don't have tinnitus though

My hearing is weird as fuck.

I've always had superman like hearing. Had it checked out a year or 2 ago. Test results where I had the hearing of people half my age. That really made sense. It's then amplified due to my autisme (and perhaps my anxiety and PTSD as well: always vigilant) that really heightens my senses.

Can't sleep without earplugs and I rather didn't

On the flipside due to the tism I have no filter so listening to someone talk to me with others around that are talking as well I have a really hard time focusing on what they're saying to me. I hear everything around me on the the same level as it were.

I wear headphones everyday, mostly at max settings... (stupid af)

Artoris

Gold Member
My hearing is weird as fuck.

I've always had superman like hearing. Had it checked out a year or 2 ago. Test results where I had the hearing of people half my age. That really made sense. It's then amplified due to my autisme (and perhaps my anxiety and PTSD as well: always vigilant) that really heightens my senses.

Can't sleep without earplugs and I rather didn't

On the flipside due to the tism I have no filter so listening to someone talk to me with others around that are talking as well I have a really hard time focusing on what they're saying to me. I hear everything around me on the the same level as it were.

I wear headphones everyday, mostly at max settings... (stupid af)
It's listening with headphones, which I felt damaged my ears

I went to a metal concert once and that was the loudest thing I ever heard, head was ringing for a few days after
i've been to too many. loudest i remember was Bring Me The Horizon in 2006 or 2007. back then they were in their deathcore era and it was a tiny fucking venue and i was right up against the speakers. i remember my ears hurting really bad and i had to go stand at the back. imagine this being blasted into your ear until it bleeds

Damn that's sucks man.

Why the suprised emoji? Isn't tinnitus dynamic in it's manifestation?

Like you said in your initial post. "Right now".

I think i have it sometimes when I hit the hay. But I'm not sure really...

I had a friend who almost contemplated suicide because he couldn't bear it.. Damn...
it doesn't go away because it's permanent damage to the cells/nerves between your ear and brain. but it does seem to flare up now and then. i don't know if that's what really happens but i can notice it more at certain times. most of the time i can ignore it but there are times that it is noticeable no matter how loud the environment is. it doesn't really work that way because it's not an external noise and there isn't really any noise going into my ear. it's just the inside of my ear is fucked so my brain isn't getting the right signals. the only thing that works is white noise or leaving a fan on when i'm trying to sleep. trying to sleep with this is a nightmare.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ok I was correct seemingly. Hence my question if it was better now ie: has it gone down a bit. So I don't understand the surprise emoji...

Anyways you have my sympathies man. Really.

😪

Artoris

Gold Member
i've been to too many. loudest i remember was Bring Me The Horizon in 2006 or 2007. back then they were in their deathcore era and it was a tiny fucking venue and i was right up against the speakers. i remember my ears hurting really bad and i had to go stand at the back. imagine this being blasted into your ear until it bleeds

it doesn't go away because it's permanent damage to the cells/nerves between your ear and brain. but it does seem to flare up now and then. i don't know if that's what really happens but i can notice it more at certain times. most of the time i can ignore it but there are times that it is noticeable no matter how loud the environment is. it doesn't really work that way because it's not an external noise and there isn't really any noise going into my ear. it's just the inside of my ear is fucked so my brain isn't getting the right signals. the only thing that works is white noise or leaving a fan on when i'm trying to sleep. trying to sleep with this is a nightmare.

It was an experience, there were man high loudspeakers blasting away about 5 meters from you, it was more like being in a trance than listening to music

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's OK if you made this with AI.
I can't help it someone was inspired by my battle poetry enough to make a work of art. I can only honor their hard work by adopting it as my avatar for a bit.

Perhaps you should have put more love and attention into your own art so that you too can inspire the next generation.

I was bored yesterday

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Well. Spend late morning and early/mid afternoon with Con_Z_ǝdʇ Con_Z_ǝdʇ .

Took him on a tour through my old neighborhood which has a lot of preserved old style houses (even my old house and school) before heading to the Zaansche Schans where he inhaled a pancake with chocolate and whipped cream on top like a champ lol. R

Really had the time to talk ♡

He's now in his BnB which is very close by and is going to pick me up in a hour+ for dinner.

Hopefully afterwards to my place for some beers and laughs. I wanna see him play GT7 in chase cam lol

Polite fella. Used the litterbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom