• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

Hrk69

Gold Member
Nevermind GIF
toofiss.gif

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Came upon this last week, super entertaining. Like an action movie for real. But not scripted (mostly I reckon) which makes watching it so much better cause of the RNG.

Give it a chance I'd say.

Highly modded I think because it looks so good.

But that's just my point of view from a lack of reference I suppose

Edit: 13M views damn.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Came upon this last week, super entertaining. Like an action movie for real. But not scripted (mostly I reckon) which makes watching it so much better cause of the RNG.

Give it a chance I'd say.

Highly modded I think because it looks so good.

But that's just my point of view from a lack of reference I suppose

Edit: 13M views damn.

Whoa, is this what GTA Online is like? No wonder people love that game. This looks fun as hell 😂

Hrk69

Gold Member
Whoa, is this what GTA Online is like? No wonder people love that game. This looks fun as hell 😂
These are custom role-playing servers and it's been real popular for a while now.

RACING IS REALLY WHERE IT'S AT

GTA 5 is low-key one of the best arcade racers out there

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
I swear if I had my own YouTube channel and posted a pic of me doing that I'd probably give myself a hernia just from internal cringing
Same. I'm already cringing thinking about seeing a picture of myself lol

I have a YouTube channel (mainly edits and self-made trailers) and tried many things to get views but the algorithm hasn't been kind to me

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Same. I'm already cringing thinking about seeing a picture of myself lol

I have a YouTube channel (mainly edits and self-made trailers) and tried many things to get views but the algorithm hasn't been kind to me
Same here, I got bored after ten minutes and only posted a few game clips. My highest watched video was a bloody walk along a beach :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Same here, I got bored after ten minutes and only posted a few game clips. My highest watched video was a bloody walk along a beach :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's strange how YouTube works. My first upload is my most popular video and it still is. But I think it's one of the worst I made

But that's how it goes I guess

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Bro really it's already years that I feel obliged to add "ignore the thumbnail" when posting a vid.

It makes me NOT want to click.

Shame. You can miss out on great content.

Don't judge a book by it's cover but sweet baby jesus ...

Dr.Morris79

Sorry to hear. My condolences. Did the same last June a week after mine passed. Whole bottle of Jack. Sober since. Miss her so much.
I hear that man, hurts like an absolute bastard.

I took a pic of his last day
RdQx50M.jpeg

And went overkill on his grave!
gpSsmDt.jpeg

He was a fucking warrior! He deserved a proper burial!

It weirds me out when people say they hate cats or they don't get the fuss. I swear to god, every cat I've ever had (I've had loads) has always had a different personality

There are forces on this earth we'll never understand in this life

But we should at least try to listen :messenger_ok:

Dr.Morris79

Sorry for your loss. How old was your cat Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 ?
No idea man, we took him as a stray. We had him 8 years. But get this, he fought with a tabby, both were evil bastards to each other on the streets. We had this one's nuts off, took him in. A year later we grabbed the tabby, had his nuts off. After that, they were the best of mates for years, we couldn't seperate them

78xQGZT.jpeg

The tabby now pines for him. I feel so bad for the old boy.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
You have my deepest sympathies Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 . I've lost many pets over the years and they all hurt. I had to get my eighteen year old chinchilla put to sleep last November.

He was like an emotional support animal alongside my other pets. He saw me through both my parents dying and a horrendous forced house sale (never get a mortgage with a friend malignant cunt).

I'm not comfortable showing emotion around people so didn't want my friends or family anywhere near me, except for my girlfriend after I took him to the vets, to get him put to sleep.

I stayed with him throughout the whole process which was fucking gut-wrenching! I cried for days, easily the most I've ever cried in my entire life. Probably built up from repressed emotions from not grieving for my parents properly.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Probably built up from repressed emotions from not grieving for my parents properly.
No way man. I get the parents thing, my dad died during covid, killed by shitty nurses etc, I'll never live that down what they did to us

But pets? Like your chinchilla?

You know as well as I do, there is something else there. It doesn't matter how small they are, how much effort you put in, there is something else there that we'll never comprehend. People can say 'your just projecting'

Bullshit. Everything has a purpose.

Hopefully we'll see them again

Or what's the point.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No idea man, we took him as a stray. We had him 8 years. But get this, he fought with a tabby, both were evil bastards to each other on the streets. We had this one's nuts off, took him in. A year later we grabbed the tabby, had his nuts off. After that, they were the best of mates for years, we couldn't seperate them

78xQGZT.jpeg

The tabby now pines for him. I feel so bad for the old boy.

Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79

Apologies for my post last night. Was an asshole for responding as such.

Your post last night gave me an emotional trigger since I've also made a picture of my love on her last day. The fur man.. the fur.. looked the same you know.. I'm sorry.

I wanted to respond but I wanted to say and share so much you see..

With that said.. (talking about your quote above)

That's an incredible story and thanks for sharing!

And yes, ofcourse Morris.

Man.. His brother from another has left. Sorry if it sounds stupid but that's just because words can't describe how relatable this all is. I feel you my man. =(

Beautiful photo. So much love. Bittersweet..

I absolutely don't think you've gone overboard. You did what you felt was needed to honor him IMHO.

I did the same in my way.

Your post has so much overlap with my and my dad's "experience" it's kinda creepy.

Before I go over my "experience"; once more:

I'm really sorry for your loss and everything that comes with that.

You took him in, gave him a brother/friend and gave your love and care. ❤️‍🩹

(I'm again editing this post and still at a loss for words to express my sympathy)

In regards to your last picture; these are my dad's (the black one is a stray from Greece) he adopted.

noo8DT7.jpeg
vz5VqvK.jpeg

Made some screenshots when I relayed what had transpired:

JeTkLvl.jpeg

H1rcZD0.jpeg

I haven't looked at pictures of her for reasons since her passing since now.

Also called my dad this morning for some photos from were she was her good old self. Pretty confronting but she was so beautiful...

I've got a  thick wall around me and aren't that able to express myself emotionally but I'm still grieving in my own way.

Still do.

Talk to her in my head and out loud.
Still have her kibble in it's bowl in "her room."

Sleeping with her blanket she passed away on next to me. I cuddle the shit out of that blanket when needed. Call me crazy but I believe all matter observes and retains energy.

I've been brought up with cats. When I started living on my own I got an offer to buy her from a friend's ex GF seeing she wasn't vibing with her other two.

It was an immediate yes.
14 years old she got and I kept the name the owner gave her;  Djéhla. She always slept next to my head or wanted to be in my direct vicinity (Indoor cat btw; mixed race/appartment)

Fun fact: she was born a day before mine.
And what a lioness she was 😻

She developed a cyst/tumor mm's next to her left eye. Seemed benign so we had it removed. It grew back but was most likely already in her brain (this started less than 2 years before her passing) and the only option was to remove her eye and by extension her orbital bones and all.

I really didn't wanted to do that to her especially at that stage in her life.

Well, skip forward a year and dementia'ish symptoms kicked in, she couldn't jump on the couch at a certain point (no strengt left) and within 2 weeks she lost 70% of her weight (She was a chonker. My bad) Wouldn't eat or drink. I foolishly tried giving her food and water through a tube. But quickly accepted what it was and just gave her some water so she didn't had a dry mouth. I sat next to her that day and every some minutes checked on her breathing.

And I'll never forgive myself for this, but maybe it's what she wanted; after finishing my dinner and returning from the kitchen she'd passed.

I remember picking her up walking to my bed and starting shaking her.

Here are said pictures and two of her "shrine" if you will. Not finished in the slightest. The plant I bought recently is because I love those  AND it's the very type she ate whenever I didn't had cat grass around so I stopped buying that specific plant.

It's perfect in an emotional and symbolic sense for both of us.

UiehWYs.jpeg
jEIvBrr.jpeg
7SI3tjJ.jpeg
OUVz6iy.jpeg
mUrfrqG.jpeg
MrYvfTm.jpeg

You have my deepest sympathies Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 . I've lost many pets over the years and they all hurt. I had to get my eighteen year old chinchilla put to sleep last November.

He was like an emotional support animal alongside my other pets. He saw me through both my parents dying and a horrendous forced house sale (never get a mortgage with a friend malignant cunt).

I'm not comfortable showing emotion around people so didn't want my friends or family anywhere near me, except for my girlfriend after I took him to the vets, to get him put to sleep.

I stayed with him throughout the whole process which was fucking gut-wrenching! I cried for days, easily the most I've ever cried in my entire life. Probably built up from repressed emotions from not grieving for my parents properly.

Dear Putonahappyface Putonahappyface

My deepest sympathies and condolences first of all..

Like Dr.Morris79 Dr.Morris79 (and many many others ofcourse) we know what these companions mean to us in a myriad of ways.

I didn't initially wanted a new companion for a multitude of reasons one of which was I deemed it extremely disrespectful and by extension a replacement. No way.

Still not ready but talking to my dad about this very same topic yesterday I'd said that if, when, etc .. I would look into a chinchilla or such..

Had a (female) rat in my later teens and they are so so sweet and kind.

Guess that always sticked with me.

No way man. I get the parents thing, my dad died during covid, killed by shitty nurses etc, I'll never live that down what they did to us

But pets? Like your chinchilla?

You know as well as I do, there is something else there. It doesn't matter how small they are, how much effort you put in, there is something else there that we'll never comprehend. People can say 'your just projecting'

Bullshit. Everything has a purpose.

Hopefully we'll see them again

Or what's the point.

Yes sir! YKWYK

Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

PS: What I've posted about my loved one was more or less just for myself. Felt good to talk about it to those that know and yeah just paying homage in a weird grieving sense/way.

This post took me almost 2 hours haha (on mobile, pictures, etc)

Sorry not sorry ❤️‍🩹

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member

This looks sooo fun when you know what your doing lol and damn at that design sooo dope

Stanley Kubrick 70Mm GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

HAeKRsI.png

The Rock What GIF

This is still nothing if you look at other production equipment

I own a Maschine mk3 studio but I'm probably going to sell it soon. I've got no patience for music-production

Top Bottom