• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

big ander

KevinCow said:
Shooting an unarmed, (mostly) innocent deaf man who came to you because he wanted to help in the back of the head seems kinda evil to me.

But maybe that's just me.
Not to mention she's actively and knowingly destroying a relationship and plotting to annihilate an entire universe.
js js

PhoncipleBone said:
Oh, I love her too. I love having a villain that I just HATE. And I mean HATE HATE. They are the best. Much like Nina MYERS on 24. You love anytime they show up because they are evil, smart, and badass. But when they finally get what is coming...it is all the sweeter.

Fixed.

Can someone explain the fan nickname Bolivia to me? I just can't make any sense of it, and don't get why people keep using it over the far cooler Fauxlivia or Evilia.

Also, would Peter suffer from permanent partial hearing loss after this or does everything just go back to normal after a while?

Replicant

Emonga said:
Can someone explain the fan nickname Bolivia to me? I just can't make any sense of it, and don't get why people keep using it over the far cooler Fauxlivia or Evilia.
I assume it's a derivative of B-Olivia (2nd Olivia).

Wiktor

KevinCow said:
Shooting an unarmed, (mostly) innocent deaf man who came to you because he wanted to help in the back of the head seems kinda evil to me.

But maybe that's just me.
If the only way to save her world is to destroy ours then everyone and everybody in it will be killed anyway, so there's not much harm in doing anything you feel is necessary here.

Solo

Emonga said:

You left out the best one, and the one that makes the most sense given that "Walternate" is now canon - Oliviate.

ccbfan

Solo said:
You left out the best one, and the one that makes the most sense given that "Walternate" is now canon - Oliviate.

Walternate works because it sound so much like alternate.

Oliviate sounds like some levitation ability Olivia has.

So far I've seen

Oliviate, Altivia, Alivia, Bolivia, Fauxlivia, Evilia, Boliviate,

I've heard Altlivia and Bolivia from some actor interviews. I wonder what the Broyles and Astrid are called on set. Is there another Nina Sharp over there?

eznark

Banned
Watched the first episode of this season (well, watching it now).

When did this show get so incredibly awful?

Next one looks good, they actually focus on the tolerable characters!

big ander

eznark said:

I wouldn't have agreed with you, but you backed up your opinion on why Olivia is a bad character very well. :rolleyes

I would be willing to argue that "Olivia" was one of the top 20 episodes of the series.

Barrett2

Enjoyed episode two; I think they will have to resolve the Fauxlivia tension pretty soon, after a few episodes it will get absurd to think that an alien would be able to fake-it sufficiently for people to not immediately know she isn't herself.

eznark said:

Quiet you!

big ander

lawblob said:
Enjoyed episode two; I think they will have to resolve the Fauxlivia tension pretty soon, after a few episodes it will get absurd to think that an alien would be able to fake-it sufficiently for people to not immediately know she isn't herself.

Quiet you!
Episode 8 is where it should start to come together

eznark

Banned
big ander said:
I wouldn't have agreed with you, but you backed up your opinion on why Olivia is a bad character very well. :rolleyes

I would be willing to argue that "Olivia" was one of the top 20 episodes of the series.

I spent all of season 2 bitching about the awful actress that is Anna Torv.

big ander

eznark said:
I spent all of season 2 bitching about the awful actress that is Anna Torv.
She wasn't given a lot to work with in season 1 and most of season 2. In the premiere, she did scared and lost and reflexive very well. Also, the cinematography in that episode was wonderful.

eznark

Banned
Just watched the second episode (sorry, the second premier).

SO GOOD

episode 3 looks like utter trash. I hope they keep this every other thing going so I know which episodes to watch.

i dont know other shows with anna torv, but i love her as olivia. shes not supposed to be that multidimensional. the whole character is based on the trauma of her childhood, so its pretty believable.

eznark

Banned
Earl Cazone said:
i dont know other shows with anna torv, but i love her as olivia. shes not supposed to be that multidimensional. the whole character is based on the trauma of her childhood, so its pretty believable.

She is a female Keanu Reaves

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I've hated Anna Torv's acting for most of the show as well but she's been alright so far this season. Fauxlivia is fun and she was pretty good in the premiere.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
For a moment I thought it was going to be some sort of variation on the Joker's pencil trick.

Two things I never noticed before:

Broyles pretty damn fit.
Walternate's hair looks wavy, like it is made of flames from certain angles.

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
Two things I never noticed before:

Broyles pretty damn fit.
Walternate's hair looks wavy, like it is made of flames from certain angles.
I have never said this because I thought it'd be weird: I love Walternate's hair. It's evil and old at the same time.

Also, Lincoln still looks freaky.

UraMallas

I absolutely loved the opening sequence. I once wrote a short story with a similar premise for a writing class. My version had a guy that calculated, like rain man, what needed to happen for him to pull off a murder from miles away. I got an A on that paper. I've since used the premise in other stories where everything is "connected", where everything in existence is actually machinery ran by equations.

This show is striking a chord with me this season. I'm digging it.

UraMallas said:
I absolutely loved the opening sequence. I once wrote a short story with a similar premise for a writing class. My version had a guy that calculated, like rain man, what needed to happen for him to pull off a murder from miles away. I got an A on that paper. I've since used the premise in other stories where everything is "connected", where everything in existence is actually machinery ran by equations.

This show is striking a chord with me this season. I'm digging it.

Well fuck me. I worked on a story about someone who could predict a crime before it would happen by calculating reactions in the environment.

Zoe

Dark Angel had a guy who could "predict" the future by working out all the probabilities.

Yaweee

Rain Mentat.

R2D4 said:
Why aren't there any pens again?

Why aren't there any slide rules again?

In an interview, Astrid's actress said her character
has Asperger's and is a savant for number crunching. Douche is probably the same.

UraMallas

DoctorWho said:
Well fuck me. I worked on about someone who could predict a crime before it would happen by calculating reactions in the environment.

We are two sides of the same coin. I have found my arch-nemesis, it would seem.
2ylu26b.jpg

Yaweee

Oh my god he's doing the Observer shit.

This is actually a significant mythology episode. They're not time travelers, just living supercomputer prodigies.

Top Bottom