• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Jerk

Banned
Earl Cazone said:
loved this episode. really really aweseom stuff.

btw can someone remind me, what bell did to walter? someone mentioned something on this page or the last and i forgot what he did

Take out chunks of his brain...

Jerk 2.0 said:
Take out chunks of his brain...

ah that was bell, i wasnt quite sure why that happened, but remembered that episode where people randomly remembered stuff.

and concerning this episode:
even though the scene with the douches sister wasnt that well played, i think we can all agree that Anna Torv is a much better actress than most thought at first, mostly because her character is not exatly how you imagine a strong feminine lead.
i also love her voice.

Zoe

Earl Cazone said:
loved this episode. really really aweseom stuff.

btw can someone remind me, what bell did to walter? someone mentioned something on this page or the last and i forgot what he did

Gave him a lobotomy and spread the pieces?

Or if you're referring to this season, he left him Massive Dynamic in his will.

Edit: whoops, beaten

Let me in

KevinCow said:
I really don't like Agent Lee for some reason. I don't even know why. He just annoys me. I was glad when fire guy took him out last season and really disappointed when it turned out he survived. I hope he dies this season.
Annoying, indeed. I think it's because his significance is really unapparent. Why is he over there when he's not over here? What makes him so important? His personality is irritating, too.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Great episode! Really nails what Fringe is. Crazy science run amok, crazy scenarios that link together with series mythology, crazy villains with plausible reasons. Too bad we arent going to see more of this guy. Fringe has the annoying habit of killing all their greatest characters.

edit: i should say that it is missing the lovable Walter humor but that shows how strong the other elements of this episode were.

big ander

Let me in said:
Annoying, indeed. I think it's because his significance is really unapparent. Why is he over there when he's not over here? What makes him so important? His personality is irritating, too.
I just think he's interesting because I liked Nick Lane and he knew Nick somehow. I guess maybe in each universe they're brothers, but in ours Nick became a Cortexiphan kid and Lincoln became Fringe leader in theirs.
Maybe we'll meet Alternick and it'll trigger something in Olivia? /farfetched

I really don't like Olivia. Her hair is awful. I want to sneak into her room as she sleeps and chop it off and style it into something that isn't Halle Berry's wig from X-Men 1.

Kuran

Banned
The 'other' version of the cast is really unappealing to me. Their idle-chatter is cringe worthy, and their alt-outfits and hairstyles are a really odd and distracting choice.

I think this series in general moves too slow, and has too many filler episodes.

Replicant

I want alt-Charlie to cross over to our reality. It's not until I saw him and Olivia interact again that I realized how much I miss their camaraderie.

Teh Hamburglar said:
I really don't like Olivia. Her hair is awful. I want to sneak into her room as she sleeps and chop it off and style it into something that isn't Halle Berry's wig from X-Men 1.

She should bust out this as a regualr look

tumblr_l0rnbhOtox1qap58zo1_500.jpg

..it cannot be that hard. Someone just thump one of her on the head, and change her personality again (for the third time).

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Loved this episode, favourite one out of the 3.

Fringe is starting out very strong this season, think we are in for a treat as everything starts to tie up.

Replicant said:
I want alt-Charlie to cross over to our reality. It's not until I saw him and Olivia interact again that I realized how much I miss their camaraderie.

Agreed. I think they have something in the pipe for alt-Charlie, what with all the foreshadowing they did in this episode. I don't know if he'll defect to our side, but something tells me that he'll play a part in helping Olivia get back to her own world.

Coeliacus

I really like Anna Torv. What you guys call bad acting I just think of as a cool kinda awkwardness that comes from only half remembering her messed up past... and her emotional unavailability.

At least that's how I felt until I saw alternate Olvia. Good god. :lol

Anyway, I love this show. I have a huge man crush on Joshua Jackson, and when Walter showed up in the hospital with that really kind smile, it made me grin.

Sober

ThLunarian said:
Agreed. I think they have something in the pipe for alt-Charlie, what with all the foreshadowing they did in this episode. I don't know if he'll defect to our side, but something tells me that he'll play a part in helping Olivia get back to her own world.
They'd have to explain away the worm in his gut or whatever, because if he wanted to stay, he'd eventually die with the stuff from the altverse.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I guess when "Charlie" made the big stink about getting fired, they didn't tell him the whole story :lol

Yaweee

TheOMan said:
I guess when "Charlie" made the big stink about getting fired, they didn't tell him the whole story :lol

He may have just been making a pun. He got dumped in a furnace.

ivysaur12

Banned
Great episode, loved it. Really great MOTW story that posed some really interesting questions and really pulls you into the day-to-day parts of Over There.

Jexemad

I pretty sure this have been posted before, but I can't help but put it again.

I just re-watched The Road Not Taken, and as I got closer to the part when Olivia have her "Déjà vu" with Charlie, I wondered if he will be the same Charlie in S03 alteverse.

DkLHV.jpg

He is.

Dammit Abrams!!

Solo

Another fantastic episode - this season is 3 for 3 so far. The "early season Fringe sucks" curse has officially been broken in S3. I love the unusual ways in which the worlds differ ( ball point pens being a relic on the other side, Fringe Division not being a secret division but rather being as public as any other goverment agency, etc). They are starting to move Olivia back to herself much sooner than I expected, but I enjoy how they are doing it. The MOTW was excellent too, and classically Fringe-ian, filled with the bizarre and the depressing.

Jexemad said:
Isn't he a co-creator and executive producer ?

Nonetheless, the show is more detailed than I thought it is.
Co-creator and wrote quite a few season 1 episodes. Strangely, Akiva Goldsman is one of the newer head writers, and his stuff seems to be the best stuff lately. Which confuses me since everything else the man has written is not worth shitting on.

WillyFive

Well, no matter who actually raised them, Abrams is the father, so people are going to continually attribute stuff from the show to him even though it wasn't really his.

Mike M

Nick N
I just chalked up the oxygen thing to somehow being related to the blight wiping out trees and subsequently affecting air quality.

I would swear I've that hospital before in a previous episode.

Wasn't that with the cortexifan guy?

Kinda hate a 'predict everything' ability, but I guess we haven't seen the last of that.

ultron87

The rest of the Our Side episodes for this season should just be "Walter Bishop's Corporate Management 101." It'd be the best season ever.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
big ander said:
Sneek Peak for 3.04
"Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?"
Oh good god. This preview. Walter Bishop I love you.
THE MIND IS GOD
IS ANYONE ELSE HOT

What an episode name. If my faith were faltering in this show that reference to PKD would lift me up.

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
That is EXACTLY what I was wanting to see with Walter at MD. AWESOME.
I know, right? They could do an entire season of just Walter tripping balls and doing gigantic science experiments, like perfecting the chocolate cow.
BlueTsunami said:
What an episode name. If my faith were faltering in this show that reference to PKD would life me up.
I've never read the book :/ The movie is a favorite though, so I adore the title.

Top Bottom